[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We mention which game we played last/are playing and a little

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 15

We mention which game we played last/are playing and a little review.

Just for the fuck if it, I'll do it as a haiku:

>exactly like Castlevania
>ripoff with stick and eagle
>does not make it bad
>>
>>2936780
Oh, the game is 8 Eyes.
>>
File: 1310_2.png (6KB, 288x224px) Image search: [Google]
1310_2.png
6KB, 288x224px
>>2936780
8 Eyes plays quite different to Castlevania though.

On topic, i just 1cc'd Kozure Okami from Nichibutsu, it's an early beat 'em up with pretty simple mechanics based on the "Lone Wolf and Cub" Manga. Can gets quite difficult at times, but it's worth trying out since it's easy to pick up and understand the mechanics.
Oh also, the PCB is rare as hell.
>>
The Terminator - Sega CD

Hot DAMN! I keep getting surprised with this game. I went in expecting a generic run n gun like many of the other Terminator games. Fuck no, this game actually expects you to fight smart. Make good use of your grenades, and don't use them on t-800's. The T-101's can insta-kill you by running you over. Duck often.

THE SOUND! I swear to god some of the level BGM sounds like some Joe Satriani style rock. This might be my new favorite OST to a video game, holy shit.

The game actually seems to follow the plot of the first terminator movie pretty well too, I just beat the 3rd level(I think?) and I fought against some teleporting asshole then stepped into the portal, and now I have a shotgun and a trenchcoat. This shit is pretty damn good, and I'm having a blast with it. 10/10 music, 8/10 gameplay, 7/10 graphics, This is some solid stuff.

8/10 game, 10/10 GOAT Terminator game, will be the best Terminator game until someone does a proper remake of the PC game.
>>
>>2936780

Dude how did you fuck up that haiku that badly
>>
File: 0000005199.600x338.jpg (89KB, 541x338px) Image search: [Google]
0000005199.600x338.jpg
89KB, 541x338px
I like the idea of haiku better

XCom
> geoscape base build
> got good weapons researching
> shit, terror mission
>>
File: MMWW.jpg (40KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
MMWW.jpg
40KB, 640x480px
Megaman: The Wily Wars

So I never got into Megaman, just missed it as a kid, but have always heard praise for it. I have fiddle around with 1 but didn't seriously attempt it, and tried the Game Gear one outta of curiosity. Oh and I play some random fangame (Megaman Rocks) that was decent. Was bored and wondering want to play next, wanted to play Megaman, found out there was this compilation, considered playing originals, saw it had additional stages so picked them.

Apparently it wasn't the wisest choice, music isn't poorly recreated, huge slowdown issues, and it's takes a solid button press to make him actually move left and right. But I feel it mostly captures the spirits of the originals.

I can see the appeal, the levels are fun, but holy fucking shit the bosses are fucking pure rage aneurysm inducing, I fucking cannot stand it. Thinking about it right now it's getting me pissed off. Seriously, it's either pick the rock weapon to his scissors or spend fucking 10 minutes doing 0.1 damage with the Mega Buster until they finally die - if you don't fucking die in 3 seconds (seriously what the fuck it up with Elec Man, faggot could seriously shoot me once and it was over). And heaven forbid you should die, because no fucking ammo refills for you! FUCKING ALIEN BEING IMMUNE TO THE MEGA BUSTER.

How can anyone stand this? I guess when the originals were around, games had to be Nintendo Hard, but nowadays it's just archaic.

All in all, I dunno like 7/10
>>
>>2937117
As a haiku
>Great levels, music
>Holy shit these bosses are hard
>Too hard to be fun
>>
Soul Blazer

>action RPG
>I like the game mechanics
>but the control's stiff
>>
Bump, since this is still better than the 20 "Recommend me a game /vr/" threads we have up.
>>
>>2936780
Played some Rival Schools 2 on the Dreamcast. It's a great little gem, never really got much love from Capcom outside of a few guest appearances. It's really fun thematically and I like a lot of the characters. It's also funny, which is nice. The Aerial movement is a little clunky, but that's not so bad as it forces you to move around the arena and dash more, it's kind of like Street fighter EX but not shit.
>>
>I don't think OP
>has a clue how to haiku
>this thread is still cool
>>
>>2937058
Me again. Just made it to the factory level where you have to deal with the skeletonized t-800. Keep getting my ass handed to me since touching the t-800 is insta-death. Still loving this game and the soundtrack.
>>
File: DIE ALLIED SCHWEINEHUND.jpg (34KB, 450x320px) Image search: [Google]
DIE ALLIED SCHWEINEHUND.jpg
34KB, 450x320px
Trapped inside the walls
Looting gold, ammo and crowns
A soldier screaming
>>
>>2936780
>9/7/5
Haiku game is weak, but I remember liking 8 Eyes regardless.
>>
Throw the enemies
Even if you don't mean to
Throw bad guys to win
>>
File: Metal_Gear_2_Boxart.jpg (27KB, 312x421px) Image search: [Google]
Metal_Gear_2_Boxart.jpg
27KB, 312x421px
It's MGS except in 2D.

And it's better in almost every single way.

It's music is pretty kickass, too.
>>
>>2938476

Fuck haikus, by the way. It's snowy outside and I just wanna recommend vidya.
>>
Ripping and tearing
I just can't stop killing shit
I'm nobody's bitch John
>>
File: 768415.png (366KB, 1136x718px) Image search: [Google]
768415.png
366KB, 1136x718px
Emulated Hang-On!
Crashed it every fucking time
Arcade's much better
>>
>earthbound in the more typical fantasy setting of JRPGs

I dunno, not very accurate.
>>
>>2936780

Orin uses a sword and Cutrus is a falcon.

It's not bad yeah. Not too good either.
>>
>>2938648
It's obviously a sword, but it looks like a stick.
>>
>>2938639
What game?
Dragon Quest has a similar battle layout, but a lot of games did.
>>
File: 768415.png (12KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
768415.png
12KB, 512x384px
Shitty customers
At least I'm good at stunt jumps
I fucking hate bees
>>
>>2937117
[obligatory git gud post]
>>
FF6 Beyond Chaos Randomizer speedcave mode.

This is lots of fun
You will get lost, make a map
Set sail for ass rape
>>
File: LUFIA2~1000.png (24KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
LUFIA2~1000.png
24KB, 256x224px
There's no point though, I can just play less artificially difficult games, I'm not stuck in 1989 or whatever year the originals came out with no option but to master them. I just used save-states before each boss, because I don't want to waste a month of my life mastering a videogame, let alone three.

Currently playing Lufia 2 on Snes.

>Decent RPG
>Puzzles in dungeons are cool
>Dialogue is funny
>>
File: images.png (53KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
53KB, 640x480px
System shock

It's a learning curve, it's old, they have ported it to newer systems and it works.. It's the most advanced fps game I've played to this day, it doesn't hold your hand and it will keep you engrossed for hours. Give it an hours worth of your time and you won't regret it. Nuff said
>>
>>2939604
20, 31, 15, 2 isn't a haiku bro.
I don't know what the fuck that is.

But seriously, I've been meaning to eventually get around to this...
>>
>>2939590
>There's no point though, I can just play less artificially difficult games, I'm not stuck in 1989 or whatever year the originals came out with no option but to master them. I just used save-states before each boss, because I don't want to waste a month of my life mastering a videogame, let alone three.

What is this in reference to?
>>
>>2941007

For >>2938671
About gitting gud at Megaman.
I'm prepared for a shitstorm.
>>
File: Blaster_Master_boxart.jpg (48KB, 256x351px) Image search: [Google]
Blaster_Master_boxart.jpg
48KB, 256x351px
unbelievable
exploring and having fun
like when I was young
it's my new favorite game
tankas are fancy haikus
>>
F-ZERO X
sharp controls, decent graphics for the 64, attacking other ships is hard but I like using the spin move during jumps for style points (no actual points awarded) has neat unlocks but I can't beat the first cup on master difficulty. Is it even possible without cheating?
>>
>>2941851
If only it had passwords, I would enjoy this so much more...
Having to restart the game every time from the beginning is a pain in the butt.
>>
File: kid_dracula_fourUp.jpg (105KB, 598x540px) Image search: [Google]
kid_dracula_fourUp.jpg
105KB, 598x540px
>>2936780
Kid Dracula

>Gameplay still feels fresh
>Even better than the first
>Why no more sequels?
>>
Mario Bros 3
>too easy
>all these secrets
>game over
>>
>>2943551
It's the only time I use save states (via my Everdrive N8)

Otherwise I'd probably just leave the NES on forever.
>>
>>2943819
>too easy
>game over
pick one
>>
Castlevania:SOTN
Fuck this boring ass game. Gives me a fucking headache and makes me wish I'd be playing a real Castlevania game instead.
>>
File: Gods - 04.png (197KB, 640x420px) Image search: [Google]
Gods - 04.png
197KB, 640x420px
Gods
>>stylish af
>>Amiga classic
>>clicky frantic joystick sounds
>>dying all the time
>>
>>2943823
B-but Anon-kun, it's not legit if you're not playing on real hardware with the original cartridge...
>>
>>2943907
Sshhh don't tell my wife she'll leave me with her son
>>
>>2943880
Only really played the SNES version but I liked it.

That and Soldiers of Fortune really got me to love The Bitmap Brothers.
>>
>>2937117

It's not hard and never was, because as you say there is the rock-to-their-scissors thing. In fact there are multiple rocks per boss, generally, though some tend to work better than others. The gimmick is shallow and kinda silly, but it isn't hard. Just try different weapons until you find the one that makes it easy; and if you don't have such a one then play a different stage instead. Anybody can do this. The trouble is that it's up to luck, whether you pick the right stage from the start--but you can always pick it later, if you didn't start on it.
>>
>>2943565

he grew up
>>
>>2937117
Try Megaman 8. You might like it.
>>
File: kKRZ4Dh.jpg (33KB, 628x386px) Image search: [Google]
kKRZ4Dh.jpg
33KB, 628x386px
>>2943826
18+ site
lern2readingcomprehension
>>
>>2946190
English is not my first language, if there's some witty humor here it's lost on me.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.