[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should I play /vr/? I just finished Final Fantasy 7, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Final_Fantasy_8_ntsc-front.jpg (182KB, 856x800px) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_8_ntsc-front.jpg
182KB, 856x800px
What should I play /vr/?
I just finished Final Fantasy 7, and i'm ready to tackle some other classics I haven't played.

Final Fantasy 8, Xenogears or Metal Gear Solid? Feel free to recommend any others!
>>
Classics are a classic for a reason. There's no real wrong choice here.
>>
Suikoden
>>
>>2935759
I can't really recommend Final Fantasy VIII. For everything it does right, it also does something really bad.

The stat system is broken. Either you sit around drawing magic like a chump whenever you enter a new area, or you refine items and break the game within the first 2 hours. Magic also becomes useless because using good spells will decrease the stats of your characters.

Good
>Music
>Graphics
>Minigames
>"World"

Bad
>Pacing
>Story
>Characters (maybe not "bad," it's a mixed bag)
>Junction System
>>
>>2935773
This
>>
>>2935792
>Junction System
>Bad

Take that back right now
>>
>>2935798
It's a cool system in theory, but the execution is totally broken. Spells are annoying to come by, and once you get them you're discouraged from ever using them as magic.
>>
>>2935759
If you are looking for tradional JRPG give Wild Arms a go.
As for FFVIII it's a you either end up liking or hating it kinda game that is somewhat hard to recommend even if you are in the "I like it" camp. Try it out and see how it goes?

>>2935804
>Spells are annoying to come by
You can literally refine everything in your inventory to any spell you want or need.

>once you get them you're discouraged from ever using them as magic.
Because magic is so hard to come by in FFVIII?
>>
>>2935819
I meant to say they're annoying to get if you're playing the "proper" way i.e. drawing.

Either you sit around drawing level-appropriate spells, or you refine items and quickly become overpowered.
>>
>>2935773
Yup.
>>
>>2935804
>once you get them you're discouraged from ever using them as magic

You know you can drawcast and not use any of your stocked spells, right? You're one of those guys who hoards Megalixers for emergencies and never uses them, aren't you.
>>
>>2935759
Chrono cross.
Grandia
Breath of III and IV
>>
>>2935772
Damn. This one really got to me. I always get stuck in this trap of wanting to play vidya but never actually playing it because I don't know what to play. Usually I'll just be up all night drinking instead.

This one really made me feel a bit better and less anxious.
>>
is chrono cross as bad as people say?
>>
>>2937430
it depends. Have you played CT already? then yes. Haven't played CT? then you will enjoy it.
>>
>>2937434
i've played CT yes... but I love the soundtrack of CC, even the backgrounds look very good

I don't know if that's enough to make ti decent though, maybe the rest is fucking shit
>>
>>2937439
The questions would be are you autistic about muh CT cast feelz? If yes, don't play CC. Otherwise knock yourself out.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.