[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where can I donwload Spyro 3 so I can burn it on a disc and play

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: spyro3.jpg (13KB, 226x223px) Image search: [Google]
spyro3.jpg
13KB, 226x223px
Where can I donwload Spyro 3 so I can burn it on a disc and play it on my ps1 without the ani-piracy thing?, I've downloaded like 5 different times, and I keep getting the error.
>>
Uh, is your PS1 modded, or do you have a swap disc? You can't otherwise boot burned discs on a PS1.
>>
Is that dragon riding a fucking skateboard?

Is that cover real?
>>
>>2935719
Yeah, Its modded, I have no problem playing burned crash bandicoot games
>>
>>2935721
It's keeping the 90s spirit alive brah.
>>
>>2935724

I see what you're saying now. There's some kind of anti-piracy / DRM mechanism on the disc.

In that case, you'll probably have to do some research to see if there's some kind of patch online that can remove it. That, or maybe try the Japanese version of the game, if it was also released in that region. That version may not include the DRM.
>>
>>2935747
Got it, thanks
>>
>>2935715
You need the right crack. Where to find it? I dunno.

Apparently from Spyro 2 they added a copy protection check which looked at certain sectors which were unburnable at the time (I don't know if they are today) and if the CD wasn't legit it would halt the game.

Of course crackers could just disable the copy protection, but in Spyro 3 stepped it up to a full fledged cracking protection which put checksums in any possible piece of data they could read and made the actual game engine look for those checksums. Apparently it was cracked by restoring the original program once the copy protection was dismantled. But I wouldn't know if that crack was still available.
>>
Ah, LibCrypt, you fucking cunt. You have a few options to beat the protection.
You can patch your way around it and hope your modchip can handle the rest:
http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?67412-ePSXe-Anti-Copy-Protection-Patches-Archive
You can burn a copy of CodeBreaker or a similar boot disc that works around protection.
Professional Route: You can add the subchannel data back into the disc image before burning, thus making it a proper copy that won't trigger the protection. Don't ask me how, since I never fucked with it. The subchannel data you need can be found here:
http://psxdatacenter.com/sbifiles.html

From what I understand the NTSC version doesn't have as strict protection on it, but I don't know for certain.
>>
>>2935997
Crack didnt work for me, neither did the NTSC version. had to accept my fate and download Spyro 1
>>
>>2935715
There are no more anti-piracy issues, I played through the game in full last year
>>
>>2936734
Burned?
>>
>>2936765
No what am I crazy? Emulated like a normal person

Wait why the hell is spyro expensive? Literally everyone had it
>>
If all else fails, it's on PSN.
>>
>>2936710
Have you tried codebreaker or one of the other loader CD's? I've heard of a few people having success in using those with a modchipped PS1 to play Spyro 3.
>>
>>2936783
I'm not saying its expensive. there are no anti-piracy issues on emulators, they are only present on console.
>>
>>2936868
I looked up the prices for the game, dunno why it's so high
>>
>>2936901
Im guessing because of the anti-piracything, if it could be easily pirated and burned, then there wouldnt be much of a demand for the game.
>>
From what I'm reading on pleasuredome, the TruRip version keeps the subchannel data intact, and if burnt properly will work fine. Not sure how true this is, and I don't have enough uploaded there yet to download the TruRip copy and see if it's true.

>>2936710
>Crack didnt work for me, neither did the NTSC version.
Really? According to Redump.org, only the PAL version of Spyro 3 has LibCrypt protection, the NTSC version uses an anti-modchip feature instead. If your modchip is too old to get around it, you should be able to use a boot disc to pass the check.
>>
spyro 3 is akin to tkdr in levels of disappointment
>>
What are other games with somewhat "notable" blocking?
>>
>>2937050
Super Mario RPG is one of the few SNES games that actually bothers to check region.

The prototype for Mother on the NES had some pretty good encryption thingie going on, it was a while before hackers managed to make it stop triggering.

Mother 2 is something on it's own level about this shit though. First it does the basic anti-piracy things, checks region, checks SRAM size. THEN it checks to see if someone disabled the first few checks. If so, it jacks the random encounter rate up to stupid levels. And if you disable THAT check, there is another check near the end of the game. If it notices any of the other checks being disabled, it freezes the game while it deletes your saves, then resets the game. Why? Because fuck you, that's why.
>>
Ran into protection issues with several copies of this game just recently. The European version shouldn't have the protection and you can still play it in English.
>>
>>2937093

Supposed to be the opposite.... :/
>>
>>2937086
I remember a Mother game having a check, but never got the details so I assumed it was a simple block at the start or something. Damn, that end shit is harsh.
>>
OK, here's the skinny:

Spyro 1 NTSCU=No Special Protection

Spyro 1 PAL=No Special Protection

Spyro 2 NTSCU=No Special Protection

Spyro 2 PAL=LibCrypt Protection!!!

Spyro 3 NTSCU 1.0=Anti-ModChip Protection!!!

Spyro 3 PAL 1.0=LibCrypt Protection!!!

Spyro 3 NTSCU 1.1=Anti-ModChip Protection!!!

Spyro 3 PAL 1.1=LibCrypt Protection!!!

Keep in mind, this means that while PAL 2 and 3 have LibCrypt, they do not have separate anti-modchip protection.

Source: Redump Database
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.