[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best way to use a SFC controller on PC? I want to use mine to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: s-l1600.jpg (132KB, 1600x1068px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
132KB, 1600x1068px
Best way to use a SFC controller on PC? I want to use mine to play emulators because I no longer have a SFC.
>>
Get a USB adaptor off eBay, search "SNES USB". The best one looks like a black box and takes two controllers. I do all my gaming with this on a Pi.
>>
File: sku_30469_1.jpg (24KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
sku_30469_1.jpg
24KB, 600x600px
>>2934625
This is the one.
>>
>>2934630
Have you ever had to buy replacements? Cheap chink technology on Ebay almost always involves having to buy more after a few weeks when the first one breaks.
>>
>>2934750
No, I've got two and they've been solid for years.
>>
>>2934517
Sell controller on ebay for $20
Buy SFC with 2 controllers and a few games for $15
Profit
>>
>>2934517
don't use an adapter, they cause more delay. just get a buffalo usb controller. it's a sfc clone
>>
>>2936049
Seconding the Buffalo controller, it's perfect. I honestly prefer it to a SNES pad these days because the real ones are ancient and mostly worn out at this point.
>>
>>2936049
no and no
>>
>>2936083
yep. even when they aren't worn out, the contacts on snes and sfc controllers are pretty stiff and rubbery. the buffalo is a lot more snappy and clicky.
>>
>>2936049
>>2936083
I don't remember what SNES/SFC controllers feel like, but I do like using the Buffalo SFC clone controller. The D-Pad feels good and I can get really comfy playing it with retro games.
>>
>>2934517
Just buy the buffalo USB version, they're like 10 bucks
>>
>>2936609
I managed to get through super meat boy with one
>>
I really need to buy a new SNES controller. I bought a super famicom a while ago because it's actually cheaper to import than it is to buy a US SNES. Only problem is how fucking short the controller is. I don't understand why japs had such tiny controller cords. It's like 2 feet, max
>>
>>2936776
It's japan, everything is smaller there, like in the thread, just buy the buffalo one
>>
>>2936776
Thats all they need
>>
>>2936609
How about the 8Bitdo that clones the sfc controller. I got one recently from their shop at the ebay and it feels really good and clicky as well. I liked the fact it uses a mini usb cable, quite practical and no worries if it gets ripped since they are rather common.
>>
Buy a GOOD cheap USB snes controller.
Open both, clean up your Sufami and swap the boards.

Then you have as close to official USB as you'll get without buying one of those Buffalos (but those are pig disgusting due to those extra turbo-or-whatever buttons)
>>
>>2936776
No one tried to fool the Japs into thinking consoles were VCRs that had to be permanently left on a shelf under the TV. Extension cables were also readily available.
>>
>>2938637
who wants to drag their console and cords out everytime they want to play?
>>
>>2938647
These are people who put their beds away and take them out every night when they want to sleep.

You already have to go up to get the controller, it's not a big deal to just pick it up and pull it closer to where you'll be sitting.
>>
>>2936112
Thanks for your useful input. Unless you have something to back up that hot opinion leave it to the rest of us.
>>
>>2934750
Mine crapped down after three years.

All i had to do was replace a capacitor, an xtal and the USB cable and lo and behold it was working perfectly again.

So there's that.
>>
>>2938819
Correcting bad advice is useful input kid. I'll back it up with this
I know how adapters work and have built them. The "lag" is a few dozen cycles at probably 8 mhz. This is a fraction of the normal poling frequency and ends up making absolutely zero difference. Your emulator has substantially more lag than any theoretical lag in the adapter.
I've used buffalo controllers. I sell buffalo controllers. They're not good. I have a $5 generic USB SFC that's better. I recommend you buy that. If you don't want to because your a dumb fuck who loves to follow an ignorant crowd please buy the buffalo. I make a lot more money that way. I mark it up a lot because I know stupid fucks will just buy it because some kid on the internet said it was good for playing muhreeo
>>
>>2939207
Jesus man chill out, this isn't /v/ you can have a conversation without berating people. I'm honestly curious why you wouldn't like Buffalo's SNES pads as they're almost universally loved, like slightly clicker versions of the original controller. I also have never paid more than $10 for one new.
>>
>>2939207

you're making this way too personal to take you seriously
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.