[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sven Co-op is about to be released in Steam. Just a few hours

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: svencoop.jpg (17KB, 620x339px) Image search: [Google]
svencoop.jpg
17KB, 620x339px
Sven Co-op is about to be released in Steam. Just a few hours left.

What do you guys think? If anyone giving a damn about this mod left that is.
>>
>>2933809
>...of video games on platforms launched in 1999
>Release Date: 19 Jan, 1999
>>
>>2933803
>Sven Co-op is about to be released in Steam. Just a few hours left.
Um...
"To celebrate the launch on Steam, we're holding a release party on IRC.
Date: Friday, January 22nd, 2016 at 6:00 PM EST"
"The exact time of release will be announced during the chat."
We still have over 24 hours before release. Besides, wouldn't it have made more sense to post a thread about this once it releases? Can't download it till then anyways.
>>
>>2933809
>autism speaks
>>
>>2933803
Hey thanks for the headsup.

I don't have any friends though, will this have online servers for hooking up with random people (matchmaking)?
>>
I don't know why but sven coop is really comfy to play, maybe I'm just a sucker for anything on goldsrc engine
>>
>>2933803
Didn't even know people still played that. I'll have to check it out again.
>>
I still have the original Sven Co-op on my list which I downloaded from steam when it was still available from there. I wonder what happens when the new svcoop comes to steam. When Quake Arena and Quake Live were merged I got a free copy of Quake Live.
>>
>>2933890
Thanks for answering me YOU FUCKING KEKS
>>
>>2933864
Steam Store Page says: Available: January 22, 2016

I don't know lad.
>>
huh, excuse my ignorance, but i sewr ive seen ppl playing sven on lan houses years ago.

and i see that it isnt sven source engine, its still goldsource, so whats even the deal?

"relaunch" as standalone so 30 million ppl will pay $20, an easy billion to start the year valve?
>>
>>2935518
>ppl will pay $20

you wot
>>
>>2935518
Its free you cuckold
>>
>>2935518
It's free, and includes the entire HL1 campaign with co-op, even if you don't own HL1.

Also they added a bunch of new maps, a scripting language, and, since they have access to the GoldSrc source code, they have made improvements to the engine (limits have been increased, etc).

get hype
>>
>>2935551
>4 more HOURS

OH I AM HYPUN
>>
Does this mean they'll finally work on Sven II? I've been hearing about it since before HL2 came out.
>>
>>2936042
Seeing as Half Life 2 was rubbish, it's doubtful.
>>
>>2936054
We both know that you just want to fish for replies. 5 years from now there will be people praising HL2 like they now praise HL1.
>>
>>2936062
no he's right half life 2 was garbage. It was the most linear boring shit ever. Honestly did not give 2 fucks about the story they tried to shoehorn in there I just wanted to blow shit up. I don't play video games for profound stories because they dont have profound stories so they shouldnt even try. Half life two was just a virtual tour from set piece to set piece and physics tech demo. John Carmack was right about story in video games and thats why quake will always be a thousand times more fun than half life.
>>
>>2933890
you wanna be my friend on steam?
>>
>>2936442
I'm bipolar, It would only end in heartbreak (for you). Thanks for the offer though big guy.

Also, I just tried it, there is indeed online servers, but it's a major clusterfuck. Was interesting to try out once though.
>>
>>2936374
i dont think it's so much story but setting that makes an fps game good, hl2's setting was so boring in comparison to hl1

but i agree, the story should be told through the environment, i mean there's barely any dialogue in hl1 and that's what makes it so good. hl2 had plenty of pointless characters and relationships
>>
>>2933809
>trying this hard
>>
>Notice another old HL1 mod is already released, Cry of Fear
>Hey, this looks like it might be fun with people
>Server browser is broken
>Find a program made by someone else that acts as a working server browser
>Only see 1-2 games going at any given time, and they are always full

This is gonna be one of those games I'm never gonna play, isn't it?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.