[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the best Zelda hack?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: 4chan-arch-find-image.jpg (15KB, 256x143px) Image search: [Google]
4chan-arch-find-image.jpg
15KB, 256x143px
Is this the best Zelda hack?
>>
>fan hack
>good
>>
>>2932109
Some fan hacks can be good I'm sure, if nothing else just another way to play the game you enjoy
>>
>>2932109
There's a ton of them, don't be a faggot.
>>
>>2932109
Do you never play games with mods?
>>
>>2932371
I sometimes play sandbox games with trainers, but I never use mods that change the content of the game. If I don't like or am bored of the content I'll just play a different game, not some autist's attempt at creativity
>>
>>2932420
Just because there's shit content doesn't mean there isn't good content.

Look at Doom, great game, but if you enjoy it and don't play user made content, you're doing yourself a huge disservice, there's map packs, TCs and mods that are either just as good or even way better than the original maps.
>>
>>2932087
Are there other LttP hacks that are changed to a similar amount like PT?
>>
Somebody sell me this hack. Also, is it for tr Super Nintendo version or GBA?
>>
>>2932491
It's highly, highly debatable that any fan-made DOOM content is better than the original maps.
>>
>>2932087
Absolutely not.
And we've already got a romhacking thread, go there: >>2854976
>>
>>2932420
Man, you are missing out on some gems, then.
But considering you're a meme spouting faggot, I don't really give a fuck.
>>
Certainly not that one. Parallel Worlds is utter rubbish and belongs in the bin.
>muh difficult for the sake of difficult
The hacker(s?) doesn't understand the balance between difficulty and enjoyment. I played it. I got about half way through or so. But I found it boring because the game had really not much else to offer beyond being hard.

If other Zelda series games are open to discussion ITT, there's this really REALLY good hack of the original I played last year or so. Lemme see if I can find it among the couple thousandsomething ROMS I have on my phone right now. Gimme a sec.
>>
>>2932597
Plutonia 2
Double Impact
Back To Saturn X
Scythe 2
Daedalus
Hellcore 2.0
UAC Ultra
Hellbound
Going Down
Epic 2
Memento Mori

These are all just Vanilla or Boom, I'd say these are as good as original Doom, some better.

Romhacks would be a different deal, as it's harder to do and less people try them, meaning way less selection, but there's absolutely some good romhacks.
There's also romhacks to fix broken games, for instance, Castlevania 2 has an absolute worthless English translation, there are romhacks that fixes it.
>>
>>2932597

It's just a matter of opinion, really. I think Doom 1 and 2 feature some of the greatest level design of all time, but it someone thinks that there a lot of better user-created maps, I respect that.
>>
USE THE CATALOG
>>2854976
>>
>>2932087
>Parallel

BUT
>>
It was a good hack for awhile but was tedious as fuck, I mean I still don't understand why they had to make the guardhouse level easier, when it wasn't anything more difficult than the main game got to be, but when you had to start bomb jumping for keys thats when I had enough of that shit.

It was bad enough the Ice dungeon was pure garbage but making me bomb jump on the overworld and in some parts in there was the last time I played it
>>
>>2933665
This.

Shit like bomb jumping as a requirement to progress is retarded.

It only does 2 things.
>Forces you to grind for resources for attempts at getting through a puzzle
>know advanced techniques to get through bad game design

Bomb jumping is basically a glitch, and there isn't a really good way to do it consistently.

You need to have enough health, and enough bombs to get through that segment. If you had no idea you were supposed to bomb jump there you'd be fucking stuck.

Thats the major problem with fan-remakes or games and mods. They don't understand basic level design principles. They make it assuming everyone knows all the obscure mechanics of a game, when thats incredibly unlikely.
>>
File: tmp_4421-ZELDA_0061379882005.png (6KB, 256x240px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_4421-ZELDA_0061379882005.png
6KB, 256x240px
LoZ 1: Outlands is excellent and the difficulty is about on par with the Second Quest.
>>
>>2933402
FIRST
>>
>>2933753
That's it! That's the one I was talking about in >>2932914

Couldn't find it on my phone for some reason.
>now downloaded
>now playing
>based outlands
>>
>>2932710
If somebody had the talent to make a game that isn't shit then they should use some fucking imagination and make something they can actually call their own game. Fangames and new level romhacks are made by losers who want to make a game but have no creativity and imagination so they just lift the gameplay out of a game they like.
>>
>>2934643
Whats the difference between a game made by a fan, and a sequel to a game that's made with an entirely new staff?

Nothing. So unless you hate 90% of sequels, piss off.
>>
All hacks/mods (not counting revamping systems and the like) that I've tried ended being invariably shit or just mediocre, even those that are considered like OMFG BEST EVER (The Nameless Mod comes to my mind). I'll never understand how so many people put them on the same level as the originals
>>
>>2935180
Romhacks dont have any professionalism. That's the difference. Sequels are usually made by the same professional team that had the passion that created the original game. A romhack is usually made by one or two kids, obsessed with the original. Also, sequels are usually only good if they're made by the same team.
>>
Have you guys tried out solarus? It's quite alright.
>>
>>2935184
Did you finish TNM? I played for maybe 3 hours and got tired of the middle school humor and open endedness. An open world and non-linearity is awesome when the environment is fascinating; when it's a bore of memes and bad jokes it's insipid. Did I miss anything of value?
>>
>>2935505
Romhacks are generally much more difficult than the original games too. That's another huge difference right there.
>>
>>2932087
If anyone is interested I have a repro copy for 40. I know this isn't BST thread but looking for gameboy carts
>>
>>2935630
>>Played like 4-5 hours, felt the same, didn't enjoyed that much the missions, nor the humor nor the open world (not that the concept bores me, but it wasn't well executed, a problem that many mods have is that they don't know how to carefully calculate distances; they have you running miles and miles for nothing, just cuz it's "realist". things like this differentiates a pro from an amateur)
>>
>>2935896
green text wasn't intented
>>
>>2933665
The sad thing is that most of this ambitious hacks just dont hold up cause they were meant to be played vía savestates, and even the remodel edition was just a band-aid rather than an actual fix, enemies still do a shit load of damage earlier, and getting enough hearts is a chore and theres more enemies the actual SNES CPU coul handle in comparison to the ZSNES emulator, sorry but this hack is just a disaster.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.