[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wario's games are better than Mario's games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: 197px-SML2_-_Wario_Artwork.png (64KB, 197x192px) Image search: [Google]
197px-SML2_-_Wario_Artwork.png
64KB, 197x192px
Wario's games are better than Mario's games
>>
Wario is better than Mario.
>>
File: virtual-boy-wario-land.jpg (41KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
virtual-boy-wario-land.jpg
41KB, 300x300px
They're different, Wario games are slower paced and focus more on exploration.
>>
For GB platformers, the Wario Land games were so packed with personality.
>>
Wario World > VB Wario Land > SML3 > Wario Land 2DX > Wario Land Shake It > Wario Land 3 > Wario Land 4 > Master of Disguise
>>
>>2931006
>>2931013
Can you actually emulate VB? The thought hadn't occurred to me
>>
>>2931029
Yes.

But I'm still waiting for a good 3DS VB emulator.
>>
>>2931038
Why haven't they done that? Nintendo is just sitting on a small pile of games that could work well for 3DS
>>
>>2931029
Use mednafen and tweak the config so it looks like a b&w gameboy game.
>>
>>2930995
Well yeah, if you're in to that sort of thing, which I am because puzzles are more engaging than point a to b platforming
>>
>>2931051
They just aren't ready yet. I would imagine they will re-hash that library when their next wearable console comes out.
>>
>>2931051
I dont think there's much of a market. the only people that remember the vb when it was new are what 30+ years old now? and not many adults have a 3ds. or a handheld at all. the snes games can sell well because they're in full color and look similar to the gba games most of the target audience grew up with.
>>
File: 1346959759642.jpg (92KB, 394x406px) Image search: [Google]
1346959759642.jpg
92KB, 394x406px
How so? Wario have what, five games? Mario have 20 games or more. It's not a really fair comparison, without counting the fact they are in different styles as well.

It's like saying Kirby games are better than Yoshi games. In the end it does not mean a thing but "I like those more".
>>
>>2931029
You can buuut you'd be surprised, the VB and the two good games (VB Wario Land and Teleroboxer) be bought for cheap assuming you don't try to buy the rare Jack Bros. game to complete le epin collection xD.
>>
>>2931118
>Mario have
>Wario have
Third-world scum pls go.
>>
File: qxYRz2.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
qxYRz2.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>2931237
someone is mad
>>
>>2931013
>Wario World above all
I... hm. I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Anyway, I though that Wario being superior to Mario was in universal agreement at this point.
>>
>>2931118
>Kirby games are better than Yoshi games
This is true, though.
>>
>>2931923

Wario games are amazing, but SMB3 and SMW exist.

>>2931950
Kirby games are great, but Yoshi's Island exist.
>>
>>2930995
wario land 4 was a gem
>>
>>2932303
While shorter than 2 and not as focused on exploration as 3 I think 4 made up for it with the most variety since every stage had something new in it.
Oh and the music was the best.
>>
>>2931118
>How so? Wario have what, five games?

Mario & Wario
Wario's Woods
Wario Blast: Featuring Bomberman!
Wario's Woods: Bakushō Version
Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3
Virtual Boy Wario Land
Wario Land II
Wario Land 3
Wario Land 4
Wario World
Wario: Master of Disguise
Wario Land: Shake It!
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$!
WarioWare: Twisted!
WarioWare: Touched!
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
WarioWare: Snapped!
WarioWare D.I.Y.
Game & Wario
>>
>>2933001
>Wario Blast: Featuring Bomberman!

Er, this isn't a Wario game. It's a reskinned Bomberman game for English audiences. The original Japanese version didn't feature Wario anywhere.
>>
>>2933006
Then Super Mario Bros 2 isn't a real game either because it's actually a reskinned Doki Doki Panic game for english audiences.

Toad, Peach, Luigi, Birdo and such are now removed forever from the Mario continuity according to your statement.
>>
>>2933012
at least dongle donkey picnic was made by miyamoto himself, wario blast barely had any involvement from nintendo
>>
>>2933012
To the contrary, doki doki panic is a reskinned sm2usa. It was originally developed as a Mario game, but they didn't believe it would sell well in the Asian market. So they rushed a romhack of sm1 essentially and released two separate versions. Why do you think sm2 chink edition was basically the same game with wind? Do you think a company like Nintendo would make a sequel to their biggest franchise like that?
>>
>>2933012

What? Doki Doki Panic was developed by Nintendo. Bomberman is a Hudson franchise. Bomberman and Nintendo IPs are completely unrelated. I don't even know why Nintendo came up with such an idea.
>>
>>2933012
>Toad
>Peach
>Luigi
I'm preeeeety sure they were in SMB1, but I could be wrong about the entire premise of the game.
>>
>>2933129
SMB2 is the game where they got their current design.
>>
>>2934354
The post I linked back to literally says "Toad, Peach, Luigi, Birdo and such are now removed forever from the Mario Continuity", which is false. Regardless of the "design change" it's not like we're still using 8-bit sprites for new Mario games either way, so that's a moot point.
>>
>>2931262
que pase tan hijo de puta, la mandíbula debió declararle independencia!!!!
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.