[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

uhhhh this sucks, there's like.. no cool games here. just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

File: Beavis and Butt-head-3-full.png (8KB, 256x223px) Image search: [Google]
Beavis and Butt-head-3-full.png
8KB, 256x223px
uhhhh this sucks, there's like.. no cool games here.

just a bunch of wussy crap, maybe stewart would like this board
>>
this cool password system is pretty cool
>>
does anyone else really wanna play a post-apocalyptic survival king of the hill game
>>
>>2930682
>>2930687
Okay, this is the one game where everyone can agree that the Genesis version was way the fuck better, right?
>>
>>2930793
I disagree
>>
>>2930793
This, and Aladdin.
>>
>>2930803
>Aladdin
Don't start that shit nigga
>>
>>2930808

To late. I invoke the right of supreme /vr/ faggotry. This thread is now about Aladdin and the Genesis version was better.
>>
File: aladdinPlatformers_04.png (162KB, 800x280px) Image search: [Google]
aladdinPlatformers_04.png
162KB, 800x280px
>>2930803
>>2930864
The only good thing the Virgin Aladdin has is the sprite animation.
Backgrounds, gameplay, level design, everything else was better on the Capcom game.

The sword would be cool if it wasn't for the shitty hitbox.
>>
>>2930793

Agreed, but Virtual Stupidity for the PC was better than either of those.
>>
>>2930803
>>2930864
SNES and Genesis Aladdin games are completely different, they aren't comparable.
>>
>>2930793
>one game
Fuck you. Most multiplats were better on Genny.
>>
>>2931494
point and click adventure was the perfect genre for a Beavis & Butthead game. it matched the mellow, comfy vibe of the show, and allowed for tons of funny dialog.

they should have made a similar game for the Simpsons, and any other comedic franchise that had vidya adaptations in the 90s.
>>
>>2931494
>get excited because ScummVM recently added support for Virtual Stupidity
>find out the game works natively on modern Windows anyway

Well, shit.
>>
>>2930864

Genesis Aladdin with SNES versions colors would be perfect. The SNES version is simply more appealing in colors which is a big deal with video games of course.
>>
>>2935139
Virgin Aladdin looks like the movie. SNES Aladdin looks like some japs appropriation of the movie.
The artwork and colour of Aladdin on the Genesis is fantastically timeless like a Disney film, it's like you're playing the film. SNES Aladdin looks like any plain old video game platformer.
>>
>>2935147

The sprite animation is spot-on, but the backgrounds are very poor, see: >>2930868
>>
duckman
>>
>>2930793
Shadowrun
>>
>>2930803
gtfo street rat
>>
File: Image1.jpg (136KB, 952x333px) Image search: [Google]
Image1.jpg
136KB, 952x333px
>>2935150
>the backgrounds are very poor, see: >>2930868

That picture is horribly cherry picked. It has pretty much the most colourful BG in the SNES game, compared to the worst looking BG in the Genesis game, and it also uses nearest neighbour resizing on the Genesis pic to make it look even worse.

Also note that the genny title used a lot of dithering, so per-pixel captures will actually look very bad compared to composite video output or even smudgy youtube screenshots.

And the genny game has Rug Ride which has something like 5 parallax layers all scrolling extremely fast.

Genesis Aladdin has just fine backgrounds.
>>
>>2930682
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiSdnuC8YUo
>>
Both versions are mediocre at best. If they just released the same version on both consoles no one would care about Alladin.
>>
File: Aladdin_%28SNES%29_18.png (15KB, 512x432px) Image search: [Google]
Aladdin_%28SNES%29_18.png
15KB, 512x432px
>>2937432

It's not just the first level, compare this background to the cave background on the Virgin game which is just a plain rock wall.
As for multi.layered parallax, check out level 3 of the Capcom game, when Aladdin slides through a rope and the castle and the city can be seen on the background, there's nice multi-layer parallax right there.

And I still think the backgrounds are bland on the Virgin game, even on the pics you posted. Like, they aren't plain ugly, but they aren't on the same level as the actual character sprites are, they look standard, whereas the sprites are high quality due to disney animators.

And besides the graphics, I could never get much satisfaction when playing Virgin's Aladdin due to the typical western-style level design and wonky hitboxes, whereas the Capcom game has a more solid level design, better physics and tighter controls.

still both games are good and I'm glad I was able to play them when I was a kid, I just always like the Capcom game more.
>>
>>2938163

Aladdin is probably the only game that gets some people to argue Virgin was a better developer than Capcom.
>>
why are these buttmunches talking about aladdin
isn't that a little girl movie

maybe they're all homosapiens or something
huheh

I bet that jasmine chick wouldn't even talk to them
>>
>>2937227
That game was surprisingly decent if short. A lot of the puzzles were decent and not pants on headed retarded like some LucasArt games can get (fucking monkey wrench, a pun isn't a puzzle). The ending was anti-climatic though
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.