[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ganbare Goemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5

File: goethread.png (460KB, 1826x654px) Image search: [Google]
goethread.png
460KB, 1826x654px
I was going to reply to this thread and for some reason it got deleted/404.

I don't know what the hell happened, so I'm making a new Goemon thread, and I'll reply to the last poster:
The 5th english-released Goemon title is Ganbare Goemon: Sarawareta Ebisumaru!, originally a Game Boy title from 1991, that got re-released on a Konami collection cart for the Game Boy Color in 1997, and this version was released in Europe in the year 2000. It's a rather obscure release because it's a late GBC game and only in Europe, but that's the last Goemon game that got released in english.
>>
File: right there.png (34KB, 1538x238px) Image search: [Google]
right there.png
34KB, 1538x238px
Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one capable of using wikipedia.

Does anyone know why the GB game released 6 years later is so fucking inferior? Graphics, gameplay, everything. It's mind boggling
>>
File: 0708_image_02.gif (49KB, 424x589px) Image search: [Google]
0708_image_02.gif
49KB, 424x589px
>>2930835
>Does anyone know why the GB game released 6 years later is so fucking inferior? Graphics, gameplay, everything. It's mind boggling
They were made by different teams. I know know which Konami team made the Kidnapping of Ebisumaru (I don't think it was the same group that made the FC versions), but Mystery of the Black Ship (the one came out in the US as a stand-alone cart) was made by KCE Nagoya, the same "geniuses" behind Castlevania Legends and the Saturn port of Symphony of the Night.
>>
I really like Goemon 2 (Famicom). I think it's overlooked by most who pay attention to just the SNES/N64 games.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-GwM-KOWAk
>>
File: 0708_image_06.gif (71KB, 424x591px) Image search: [Google]
0708_image_06.gif
71KB, 424x591px
>>2931317
My niggah!
>>
>>2931317
And it's actually translated.
>>
>>2933240
How is it that the old Goemon 2 is translated but not the more popular SNES one? It seems weird to me that none of the SNES games have been fan translated considering the series' moderate popularity.
>>
>>2934543
Popularity has nothing to do with it. It just needs one dedicated guy to translate a game. Worst case scenario at least. And maybe it was just easier. The script can be coded very differently depending on the game and it might just be rather difficult to insert the text into the SFC games.
Translating is easy, hacking is not.
>>
>>2934543
>>2935185
Most Famicom games just stick with basic kana for their scripts. The SFC Goemon has lots of kanji
>>
>>2935307

AFAIK the SFC games are also all kana
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.