[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey vr. When i was a kid i was allowed to choose one game by

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: Extreme-G.jpg (128KB, 480x349px) Image search: [Google]
Extreme-G.jpg
128KB, 480x349px
Hey vr.
When i was a kid i was allowed to choose one game by my parents.
I took extreme g even though i didnt know it. Played this game really often and love it untild today.
Its really fast has an uncommon soundtrack and a good difficulty level.
Im not really a fan of tron and i neither played f-zero as kid but this was perfect for me.
Did you played it as kid or recently andwhat do you think about it?
>>
>>2929643

I played it as a kid, it rules. All the different bike... vehicle... things were really cool, the soundtrack was good, and you go fast as hell. It got pretty hype too, the stages were neat. My brothers only ever wanted to play the battle mode though, I thought the actual races were way more fun.

Any idea if the sequels were good? Anyone?
>>
>going so fast you break the sound barrier
so fucking good
>>
soundtrack was good
sequels were all excellent, building on the franchise
LOOP-DE-LOOPS
>>
>>2929643
i remember seeing this game for the first time at my friend's house, very early in the n64 gen. it was one of those games that made my jaw drop from how great the graphics were. a year or so later i got it as well and loved it, too. the soundtrack was ridiculously good indeed, maps were great and sense of speed was fantastic. was it 60fps? don't recall now... prob not though
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SdeFSztnes

best song
>>
>>2929643
>>2929701
>>2929798
samefag
>>
File: yup.png (37KB, 1179x164px) Image search: [Google]
yup.png
37KB, 1179x164px
>>2929834
u retarded there m8?
>>
Love this game. And the second one!
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-20-15-16-20.png (122KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-20-15-16-20.png
122KB, 720x1280px
>>2929834
Wtf
>>
I never owned this, but I would rent it all the time. My brother and I also only played the battle mode. I was never much of a racing fan, but the battles were hella fun.
>>
>>2929643
I remember cheating and getting the fastest bike plus infinite boost, and the CPU still rubber band me...
>>
>>2929831
more of a fan of this one honestly just because of how climactic it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl_YDIHjkvg
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 130x180px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 130x180px
>>2930557
It's one of the few combat racers where you can actually destroy the opposition instead of just delaying/immobilizing them so it's worthwhile to just genocide everybody instead of racing at all.

In particular there's a boss battle against a superbike where racing him is almost worthless, but you can just get a good homing missile rack, pick a good spot before a straightaway to camp, then let him get ahead of you by an entire lap and obliterate him when he passes.
>>
>>2929643
I had it as a kid, but didn't like it much. Hitting walls isn't penalized enough. It almost doesn't even matter.
>>
File: fuckyea.jpg (147KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
fuckyea.jpg
147KB, 800x1067px
i used to play it a lot, fully beat the game and all.
back then i was in civilian service, and after work i used to hang out with this one colleague, we smoked weed and played n64 all evening.
it has a very well designed sci-fi setting, the music, the bikes and weapons, the tracks, everything very coherent.
only problem with the games, it is too fast, several corners can't possibly be taken smoothly.
the later instalments of the game were rather meh and f-zero x is the better game overall but it is very fun none the less.
>>
>>2932556
You should send me that poster ^~^
>>
>>2932102
Carmageddon and destruction derby also come ro my mind
>>2932556 nice poster wherr from?
>>
>>2932607
Naw.

>>2932641
Some european gaming magazine from the 90s.
>>
>>2929643
Didn't play it as a kid, but picked it up about a year ago and loved it. Since then I also got 2 and 3 and loved them as well. The series doesn't have the same depth of control that you can find in F-Zero, but they're simple, fun, and very fast. I'm pretty sure they're still cheap, too.
>>
>>2932556
That poster looks familiar. I'd guess it was either from the Nintendo magazine or maniac
>>
>>2929643
My step-brother (who is a lot older than me) once lent my dad his n64 for me to play. Goldeneye, starfox, mission impossible, 1080 snowboarding and this guy right here.

Played it. Enjoyed it. Good little racing game, though I remember struggling with the turns a bit? 7/10 worth playing without paying.
>>
>>2929834
Did the game touch you inappropriately when you were a child or something. Last week?
>>
Not retro but there were two Extreme-G games for the gamecube. Were they any good?
>>
>>2932667
Die gute n zone vllt
>>
>>2929643
This game is awesome, but the framerate was honestly crippling at times, especially when trying to play multiplayer.
>>
>>2929643
i also have strong memories of that game, it was super awesome at the time and i always wondered why it didn't get more praise. Looking at this thread i think the game was underrated!
>>
>>2936764
Agreed definitely underrated. I like it way more than fucking wipeout which I always thought was shit. F zero is still the best by far though, especially gx which is just about the best racer ever made.
>>
>>2937616
Nah dude, EG is easily the worst out of the big three futuristic racers. This isn't up to debate.
>>
>>2929643
I loved the shit out of this game.
The graphics, the soundtrack and the sheer speed blew my mind at the time and it's something I still enjoy today.
The whole game had a slightly dark, lonely atmosphere to it which I liked too, many of the tracks felt like they were based in post apocalyptic worlds.
I also had extreme G 2 but never found it to be quite as good as this one.
>>
>>2937616
gx is overrated trash and not retro
>>
>>2937719
Indeed I don't debate with shitheads on vr.

>>2937761
Hahahahaha just look at this retard.
>>
>>2929643
joker was a sick bike, until you unlocked roach

you could go insanely fast if you use boost before you hit a static boost
>>
>>2938083
There was no bike called joker?? Only roach and the neon bike were the 2 secret ones.
>>
>>2938061
Whats vr? This is /vr/ last I checked.

Point remains that EG brought nothing new to the table unlike WP and FZ. It's good, but hardly on par with WP and FZ.
>>
File: apollyon.png (258KB, 502x378px) Image search: [Google]
apollyon.png
258KB, 502x378px
>>2937616
No need to be an edgy /v/ermin. Wipeout's cool as well, it had the style, the sense of speed, and the atmosphere, and that's all that matters. Most of the popular futuristic racers happen to be cool in fact except for San Francisco Rush 2049.

>>2929643
Apollyon is my nigga.
>>
>>2929701
>Any idea if the sequels were good? Anyone?

I played the fuck out of 2. at frist I thought it was better, but I kept comming back to 1 because 2 had horrible slowdown problems.
>>
>>2939263
>No need to be an edgy /v/ermin
He already namedropped GX and used up the 2cool4/vr/ card. He's already ousted himself.
>>
>>2939263
whats wrong with 2049 nigga??
>>
>>2939152
vr is how I write /vr/ when I'm on my phone. Cry more faggot.

Wipeout has always been utter shit. I agree FZ is better than EG.
>>
>>2939501
I literally can't believe somebody can be retarded enough to hate on GX. That's a special kind of faggot right there.
>>
>>2939946
fz gx > early wipeout > fz x > eg > new wipeout > new eg
>>
>>2939967
fzgx > fzx > eg > fz > poopout general

Never played any other eg.
>>
>>2939951
Do I slander you for liking F-Zero GX or GX itself?

I haven't said anything explicit about the games in question, save for defending Wipeout by saying Extreme G is the least interesting out of the classic futuristic racing trio. Not calling it shit (like you do), just calling it the weakest out of the bunch. Lay down the hostility, this ain't /v/ man.

>>2939967
I'm the rare minority that prefers the new WP games to the classic ones, and X to GX. Agree that the old EG games are better than the new ones though.
>>
>>2938672
Only 2? Oo
The coolest bike were the ones the enemy could drive.
I remember one looking like a candy cane and i always wanted to play this.
>>
A seem to recall a cheat or something that turned your bike into a boulder, and that it was fun.
>>
>>2942494
Yeah, the computers do drive sweet looking ones, i wish you could unlock them as well.
>>
>>2942503
Yeah, if you enter your name as ROLLER
>>
>>2942494
Yeah the candy cane bike is named Pulse and its only a computer bike which sucks.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.