[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good Game Boy games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: Metroid_IIboxart.jpg (71KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Metroid_IIboxart.jpg
71KB, 640x640px
Ive recently been playing Metroid 2 and this game is pretty great
But what are some other good GB games?
>>
>>2929383
Just finished that game a month or two ago. It was great.
I liked the other Metroids more though.
>>
>>2929383
Red Arremer (Gargoyle's Quest)
Kirby 2
Seiken Densetsu (Final Fantasy Adventure)
SaGa 1 & 2 (Final Fantasy Legend 1 & 2)
>>
Super Mario Land 2
Wario Land series
Link's Awakening
Final Fantasy Adventure
Pokemon
Gargoyle's Quest
Ghosts 'n Goblins

>>2929402
It's the worst of the three Metroid games, for sure, but it's still easily one of the best GB games.

(I refuse to acknowledge anything after Super Metroid.)
>>
>>2929383
Kirby's Pinball Land is my favorite on the system.
>>
>>2929619
I know it's not /vr/, but Prime 1 is a really good game. It seems like people have started turning against it recently, which saddens me.
>>
>>2929631
It's by far the least bad of the post-Yokoi Metroids despite its clumsy control scheme, I'll give it that. I'd be willing to acknowledge that one as a well-done homage to the real Metroid games.
>>
>>2929383
I like that game a lot. I enjoyed it more than the original Metroid even, actually.

The Super Mario Land games, Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge, Donkey Kong '94, Link's Awakening.
>>2929619
>>2929664
The GBA games aren't bad.
>>
>>2929686
>The GBA games aren't bad.
Fusion is a decent enough game on its own, but as Metroid game it's awful. If they'd called it anything else, I wouldn't have nearly as much of a problem with it.

The good parts of Zero Mission are the parts from Metroid 1 they didn't mess with. Everything they added was a complete disaster.

Sadly, it's really obvious that no one at Nintendo actually remembers how to make a Metroid game anymore, especially after that one recent abomination that I refuse to even mention by name.
>>
>>2929717
Though I agree with you, I also thouroughly enjoyed the gba metroids
You're tearing me apart man
>>
>>2929717
Fusion has too much dialogue (having to constantly check in with the computer is annoying), but the game still succeeds in giving the player cool environments to explore and nice bosses. I like that Zero Mission is more flexible, but I still liked Fusion more on the whole.
>>
File: bc.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
bc.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>>
Nice>>2929383
Nice to see someone who agrees. Metroid 2 was one of my favorite childhood games. Finding increasingly mature and powerful metroids was terrifying.
>>
>>2929619
Oh look, a dick.
>>
There's another thread for GB recommendations already. My pick is Monster Max
>>
A few good gb/gb color games:

The very underrated Donkey Kong
Wario Land 3
Link's Awakening
Kirby's Dream Land
The Mega Man
Trip World
Ducktales
All the pokémonz
Castlevania II
Tetris, duh

Also, for the sidequest going on in this thread:

>super metroid > prime > metroid > metroid 2 > fusion > zero mission > all the rest that I have yet to play
>>
Tail Gator
Batman games
Mercenary Force
Any Infogrames game
Daffy Duck Fowl Play
Nemesis II
Joe & Mac
Kid Icarus Of Myths and Monsters
Looney Tunes
Maru's Mission
Mole Mania
Ninja Gaiden Shadow
The Sword of Hope
The Sword of Hope II
TMNT games
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDIwiZzALR4

I don't usually like minigame compilations, but the first couple game and watch gallery games are amazing.
>>
>>2929619
>>2929717
>>2929664
Go back to the HG101 forums you imbecile.
>>
>>2929619
>easily one of the best GB games
Agree.

Have to disagree on the post-Metroid games though. Fusion and Prime 1, while not on the same level as Super were also phenomenal.
>>
>>2929631
>turning against it recently
This isn't new, kid. People have been railing against it from the beginning, because it's merely a FPS dressed up as a Metroid game.
Also, "explaining" that Samus lost all her upgrades because she got slammed into a wall really hard is fucking retarded, especially because instead of actually breaking, her suit just glows and morphs back into the plain version.
The polish and art direction were great, though.
>>
>>2929631
It's just a glorified halo killer. Nintendo didn't have any fps games and wanted to try and say 'Hey guys we have shooty kill games too!'. But 1 analog stick doesn't compete with 2. The only thing that could stir my interest in a metroid game again would be 2.5d. It worked most effectively as jumping and shooting.
>>
harry potter and the chamber of secrets
>>
Mario & Yoshi, it's a falling blocks match-two puzzle game, like tetris with a twist.

Centipede Millipede. Alright arcade port.

Gameboy Wars. Turn based strategy, precursor to Advance Wars.
>>
Donkey Kong 94 is fucking amazing.

One of the best Nintendo games *regardless* of platform
>>
>>2929841

Zetas and Omegas ruined my dreams as a 13-yr old. Still have my cart for it, just no GB or GBA to play it on.
>>
>>2929383
First game i think about are pokemon//links awakening
>>
>>
>>2930620
Correct me if I'm wrong, but when did they compare to Halo? In fact, wasn't their whole thing that it was an adventure game in first person rather than an FPS?
>>
File: Gift.jpg (81KB, 640x647px) Image search: [Google]
Gift.jpg
81KB, 640x647px
Not strictly /vr/ but this is decent Zelda Like
The aesthetics are much better than the Box art would imply
>>
I played a lot of Kirby's Star Stacker and Pokemon RBY growing up. Both are tinted by nostalgia but at least okay to play in 2016. Link's Awakening DX (color version of original with minor changes otherwise) is probably the best game on the system. Almost as good as A Link to the Past. Amazing it showed up on the Game Boy, and blows Zelda 1's guess-and-check gameplay out of the water.
>>
HERE COMES BEST GAMEBOY GAME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OvVs3ZZ1KI&index=6&list=PL9DF5EBF00A5CE4D5
>>
>>2932171
Since you like DK94 so much, what are your feelings on Mario vs Donkey Kong?
>>
>>2929383
Double Dragon 2
TMNT Radical Rescue
Super Mario Land
Link's Awakening
>>
Pyramids of Ra
Cool Ball
Prehistorik Man
Turrican

>>2936712
One of my favorite games with one of the worst scores.
>>
>>2930109
>The Sword of Hope
>The Sword of Hope II
>any Infogrames game
My man.
>>
>>2936772
Not that guy, but I love the first Mario vs Donkey Kong as much as I love DK'94. The ones after that with the Mini Marios got to be a bit much, however.
>>
Ghost Busters 2
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.