[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw need to move out of my mother's house >tfw checking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1448675797118.jpg (25KB, 480x313px) Image search: [Google]
1448675797118.jpg
25KB, 480x313px
>tfw need to move out of my mother's house
>tfw checking the price of my classic game collection because I need the money and moving them will be a drag
>checking ebay for the price of them
>the price of most games are more than double what I paid for them years ago

Holy fucking shit, much better than expected. When did retro gaming become so expensive?
>>
In the last five or six years. It's steadily been going up since probably 2005 but since maybe 2011 it's fucking exploded. I would say "now is the time to sell" but honestly with all the system on a chip consoles around now and the interest in retro due to indie games, I'm beginning to think we won't be seeing prices go down anytime soon.
>>
>>2929015
Ebay pricing isn't always indicative of what you'll actually get.

Especially if you're trying to offload an entire collection, it can be hard to get what you're asking.

Sure, you could try and get 250 bucks for earthbound but its unlikely to happen.
>>
>selling your games

Trust me when I say that you will regret it.
>>
>>2929378
Well if he really needs the money now, I guess he'll just sell regardless. If he wants to maximize profit:

If you have a legitimately valuable game, something in the $200+ range that's in good condition, it will likely hold or increase its value over time, so you might want to hold onto those. If you have a less expensive game, say something that's hovering around its original MSRP, then it's more susceptible to going down in value if this supposed "retro bubble" ever pops. I personally don't really believe that there's a bubble, and that the majority of games that have retained their original MSRP thus far are going to stay there or increase in value, but honestly that guess is as good as anyone else's, those games could tank in 3 or 4 years, who knows. Predicting the market is hard, otherwise we'd all be rich.
>>
File: 1391639205699.png (228KB, 342x354px) Image search: [Google]
1391639205699.png
228KB, 342x354px
I'd rather die in the streets that sell one game
No hyperbole
>>
You seriously believe that making an approximate 2x what you paid for your video game years ago is a lot of money?

Do you have or have you ever had a steady job?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.