[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Super Mario Bros. 3 is a seemingly innocuous platformer game.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Super Mario Bros. 3 is a seemingly innocuous platformer game. In reality, it's a biting allegory of Man's relationship with God.

World 1 is Grass Land. It's an idyllic, easygoing place in an obvious reference to the biblical Paradise.

World 2 is Desert Land. It represents the original sin and exile from paradise, and the hardships endured by man.

World 3 is Water Land, an obvious allegory to the great biblical flood that purged the wicked but allowed the faithful to survive.

World 4 is Giant Land. Mario must face and defeat his giant adversaries, in a vein similar to story of David and Goliath.

World 5 is Sky Land. The first half is actually on earth, and after climbing a tower, Mario finds himself on the cloud tops, where he must make his way to the castle and the King of the heavens (God?). There is debate as to what this world is exactly representing. The duality of heaven and earth might represent how the spiritual awakening of man allows him to live together with God in daily life, as the connecting tower can be climbed up or down at any time. The earthen half could also be a mirrored Israel, and the tower Jerusalem, or the Tower of Babel.

World 6 is Ice Land. It is the site of Ragnarök, or Götterdämmerung; the Twilight of the Gods. It represents the "death" of God as Nietzche put it: man has grew proud and become "enlightened", and no longer bases his morality on the divine, whether for ill or good.

World 7 is Pipe Land, and it represents our world. It consists of six main landmasses, and a large, uninhabited "continent" at the bottom. This land is fragmented, but interconnected, as you can get everywhere with the various bridges and pipes. It represents the first stage of Man separated from God, the building of his empire.

World 8 is Dark Land. It's a gloomy, hellish realm of dark skies and filthy waters. Tanks roll over the ruined countryside and nuclear ash blots out the sun. It represents the downfall of Man separated from God.
>>
>>2928064
that filter gives me a headache
>>
>>2928085
Somewhere out there someone likes the way that looks. My brain is imploding.
>>
>>2928064
My theory about Bowser being gay and desperately seeking attention from Mario is better.
>>
>>2928091
Bowser does look a little gay... But you'd think he could get his rocks off with Wario. He looks like he gives free mustache rides.
>>
>>2928064
If you think that's trippy, check out the 3 in the title screen, if you look closely you can just make out raccoon Marios shadow behind it.
>>
>>2928116
Well shit.
>>
>>2928064
World 1: How does a zone filled with monsters represent paradise?
World 2: When you think of dessert and religion it's the age of Moses and other mythical heroes which is really more about God reconnecting to man through a series of chosen heroes, pretty much the opposite of what you are implying.
World 3: How do you get the allegory of the 'faithful surviving'? Your only connection is that water exists
World 4: You skip from the flood which is still in genesis to a Davida and Goliath which is several books away, completing ignoring Moses who is the 2nd most importaint character in the Old Testament
World 5: Than after skipping all the way to Samuel you back track to Genesis to mention Babel, you are also grasping at straws with the entire sky anaology
Work 6: How do you go from Ice to Nietzsche?

I won't go on. But more importantly why would a Japanese game made during an extremly xenophobic give this sort of treatment to Christianity?

1/10
>>
>>2928134
>taking OP seriously at all
>feeding him

0/10
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.