[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /vr/ I just got a Model 1 Megadrive today and could use some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: megadrive1_top.jpg (18KB, 500x340px) Image search: [Google]
megadrive1_top.jpg
18KB, 500x340px
Hey /vr/ I just got a Model 1 Megadrive today and could use some help.. So I plug everything in where it should be and scan channels. It finds 36 but when I go to play a game all I get is a black screen with a Sega Enterprises message on it and then just a black screen, The quality of the writing that comes on screen doesn't look to sharp either.. Can someone isolate the problem? So far I think it could be the RV cable but I cant be too sure since I haven't had one of these in over a decade..

Using Sharp HDTV and console is plugged into Ariel socket
>>
IIRC the "Licensed by Sega" thing only comes up if the system detects a cartridge in the slot. If no image or sound comes up afterward it's probably either a bad connection between the cartridge and the slot or the cartridge itself is borked.
>>
>>2927997
>scan channels
>HDTV
>Ariel socket

Stop.
>>
>>2928025
Many thanks, I have ordered an AV cable to get around the problem, hope this works!
>>
>>2928043
I gave up and got a different cable since thats what everyone seems to recommend.
>>
File: Primitive_SpongeBob.jpg (12KB, 297x253px) Image search: [Google]
Primitive_SpongeBob.jpg
12KB, 297x253px
>>2928025
>probably can't read cartridge
>>2928045
>buying a new cable
Am I being trolled?
>>
>>2928051
RF signal is a viable option only when using CRT televisions because the delay is heavy on HDTVs, so yeah, at least an AV cable would be required. But you're going to get interlacing artifacts so you will never have a perfect quality on that TV without an upscaler.

For the black screen, check the cartridge connection and clean it if it does this to every game.
>>
>>2928061
I should probably be describing it better.. I got a RGB Scart Lead to replace the standard cable to make less of a mess/make it simpler. Sorry I can't describe this better but its been a while since I had to set one of these things up
>>
>>2928063
That sounds about right, Any recommendations when it comes to upscalers? I've never had to buy one before..

As for the black screen, i'm awaiting a can of compressed air to clean this sucker out as I don't think the console has been used in a long long while. If the problem persists I guess ill get a replacement.
>>
>>2928087
Alright then, a more thorough job would be to sand down the contacts in the cartridge port with fine sandpaper wrapped around a credit card, then using the compressed air and finally cleaning with rubbing alcohol.
As demonstrated here https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Cleaning+the+Game+Port/3771
Hope you'll get it working, bruv.
>>
>>2928110
>putting sandpaper in your console's vagoo
You deserve to die a virgin anon. Sensitive lovers lube it up with liberal amounts of Servisol Super 10 (or Deoxit 100 if you're rich beyond the dreams of avarice)
>>
>>2928061
What's wrong with a new cable?
>>
You sir are using RF and thus are absolutely disgusting.

>The quality of the writing that comes on screen doesn't look too sharp
Yeah, no shit.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.