[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Old MMOs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (257KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
257KB, 1920x1080px
I'm getting a hankering for some old MMORPGs, preferably ones that have decent sized communities (~10+ active players at any given time). Anyone know any that are still running after all these years? I'd love to get into one and just go on some adventures.

I was really digging HellMOO, but the game hasn't really added anything new in years, so I'm kind of running out of shit to do.
>>
Staport GE? Fun game. Small community though
>>
https://www.project1999.com/

Populated EQ community, I wanted to play on it last year but never got around to it, I also know nothing about EQ so I'm not sure how difficult it would be.
>>
>>2927795
I've wasted plenty on my life on eq including the p1999 servers.

Pros: Fucking huge world to explore. You can spend 2000 hours on a char and still have parts unknown.
P1999 has the best eq community I've ever seen, including the GMs.
Zero hand-holding, you won't see quest markers telling you where to go, hell you won't see an in game map. If you want to know which direction you're facing you'll have to lvl up sense direction skill, buy a compass or cast true north.
Almost every race has their own language plus common tongue, it takes shit talking to another level.
Most players are experienced so you will avoid most of the trial and error of the early eq days. You'll be leveling in the most efficient ways possible most of the time.

Cons:
At high levels, some classes are worthless in groups.
Some classes can't solo.
Almost all of the decent loot requires a full group or raid force to procure.
Mana takes FOREVER to regen.
Most of the server population has a max level character and many have played for 10+years on other servers so new players are at a disadvantage for their first year or so of playing
>>
Wanna play muh old games.....

They aint enough new stuff on it...
>>
There's Tibia, but the game has been "dead" for years because of botters.

I'm currently playing on an otserver.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.