[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't beat level 3. Too many Red demon guys. How the fuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: ghosts-n-goblins_marquee2.jpg (245KB, 600x225px) Image search: [Google]
ghosts-n-goblins_marquee2.jpg
245KB, 600x225px
I can't beat level 3. Too many Red demon guys. How the fuck is anyone supposed to beat this?
>>
Watch videos niggas, this game is all about exploits, patterns abuse and memorization.
Also, avoid the NES port.
>>
>>2927028

I've actually gotten pretty far on the NES port. I got to level 5 before I threw in the towel. But here it's like the patterns are twice as difficult.
>>
>>2926992
By playing it twice in a row. Truly Lucifer is the greatest troll of all time in gaming, only slightly edging out Takeshi Kitano.
>>
Just tried again. I hate those ghosts too that appear out of fucking nowhere.
>>
You can't legitimately beat the game, you MUST exploit the game to win.

Oh and the dagger (and maybe the crossbow) are the only weapons that don't suck balls... only switch off to get the stupid bracer before fighting King Nigger Demon.
>>
>>2927175
Nigga you realize that they are 3 different games right. The one you are talking about is the SNES one, which isn't that hard.
>>
If a shit gamer like Arino can finish it, you can do it too.
>>
>>2927186
Well the SNES version was called Super Ghouls and Ghosts... either way I just googled it, I got my wires crossed.

The dagger is the only weapon that matters then... at least in the NES version.
>>
I can't do it guys, I just can't do it.

I'll never see level 4 at this rate.
>>
File: GnG_Enemy_Goblin.gif (20KB, 128x64px) Image search: [Google]
GnG_Enemy_Goblin.gif
20KB, 128x64px
I got to the dragon once. Died almost immediately.

These fuckers are almost worse than the red guys, they just materialize out of thin air. Fuck 'em.
>>
>>2926992
They're really hard to read, but the best way to take advantage of them is to get them riled up so they do that little dance thing on the ground. You can usually trigger it by running in one direction without jumping. That gives you the opportunity for at least one hit. Two hits and they're an easy KO, because you can easily nail two more hits on them in midair while they are flying down to attack you (which is easy to bait - all you have to do is jump). Assuming you have the knife, of course.

And don't forget you can still land at least one hit on them before they even notice you. That's one out of four already, and the last 2 are the easiest.
>>
level 3 is much easier than level 2.
>>
>>2928296

Nah dude, half the ogres you can just run past.

You can't escape the red devils.
>>
>>2927186
SNES version is hell for me. I could get "far" in the previous two entries but can't pass stage 2 in Super GnG.
>>
>>2927175
Why is this game so popular if its so poorly designed?
>>
>>2928482

People want the bragging rights of saying they beat it I guess.
>>
>>2928482
Because it's Fucking awesome
>>
>>2928482
Ghouls 'n Ghosts is marvelously designed pham.
Ghosts is a bit cheap, but it's still an enjoyable experience.
Super isn't cheap but it's too long and has too many fillers.
>>
>>2927028
They are both the same for difficulty some parts are easier on the NES version and some are easier on the arcade. Level 2 on NES is WAY WAY WAY easier than the arcade
>>
>>2929258

See, I thought this at first too, but I think the arcade version is easier now because you can easily avoid at least two of the ogres 90% of the time.
>>
>>2929269
yeah but the NES version has that OP shortcut so you barely have to fuck around in the ogre house.
>>
>>2928482
Great graphics (for the time).
Great music.
Awesome atmosphere.

Bragging rights.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV6-YSD8f7U
Don't play the US version
>>
>>2929342
Also this, the satans from level 5-6 in USA version are fucking hell.
>>
Finally got to Level 4. I've been trying to figure out a method that works for beating the red guys at least most of the time. I kinda figured out that if you just stand still he'll kinda dash at you and this is a great chance to just wail on him. Here I've been trying to jump over his dives and shit when all I needed to do was stand still, what the fuck.
>>
Play MAKAIMURA REVISION G.

That is a good version - no twin unicorns to fuck with in the last level. I can beat this version (I have the PCB) and make it to the 4th loop or so. Been awhile since I seriously played it, but some tips I gleaned from videos and implemented:

Point farm zombies near the beginning of stage 3 by jerking back and forth where the zombies spawn. The timer replenishes once you get out of the entryway so farm as long as possible.

Get and use the dagger until you need the cross (so, just farm for the cross at the start of stage 5).

Try to kill the red arremer (or whatever) before they take flight. Been a while, but I think I typically tried to walk up to them and get kinda close before throwing daggers while jerking forward a bit between each shot.

In the last stage, don't fight the arremers whenever possible. They vanish if you climb back down and you have more than enough time. Similarly, just be patient with the big men and lure them away from the ladder before climbing so you can safely kill them.

Final boss is a total joke if you don't get nervous.

The enemies get trickier as the game loops so don't get complacent. For instance, you can clear the fire bridge in loop one by just walking forward (assuming my memory is correct), but at one of the later loops (I'm thinking in loop 2) this strategy no longer works.

I think you can despawn a dragon boss in some versions, but he isn't that tough.

Look up cafemakaimura on YouTube. He is a fucking master - videos from real hardware (flashing color real hardware glitch and all), fucking ridiculous loop count.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.