[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Resident Evil: DualShock Version

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4

Exactly what the fuck was Capcom thinking when they rescored the soundtrack to Resident Evil?

At least it produced something this unintentionally hilarious:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0kcF7E69C6Q

>I like how the first note tries to set up the atmosphere, but then the song degenerates into a man dying of flatulence with an out of tune trumpet glued to his ass
>>
I think the composer was going for a violent, scary cacophony but picked the entirely wrong "instrument" for the intended effect.
>>
>>2926649
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftRIa7ROwSw
>>
>>2926649
They noticed how no one took RE1 seriously, and rightly so, so they went "it was always meant to be tongue in cheek guise, lol, cant you hear the new music, this is the way it was always meant to be."
>>
File: 1409358683071.png (186KB, 900x934px) Image search: [Google]
1409358683071.png
186KB, 900x934px
>>2926671

>no one took RE1 seriously
>>
>>2926649
>>2926662
>>2926665
>>2926671
Am I seriously the only one that likes the DC music? I actually like both soundtracks. They are good and fit the tone of the game perfectly. And yes I actually unironically like Mansion Basement music. For me it's one of those "so cheesy so campy" things about the game that I can't help but forgive and love.

That's one thing about RE1 actually. It's got to be one of the only games out there that I can think of that is actually somewhat improved by the cheesiness of it all. I just can't help but love the cheesy dialogue and DC music.

It also probably helps a lot that RE1 was from what I remember at least, one of if not the very first PS1 game I got to experience. It's seriously one of my favorite games of all time. This series was so phenomenal until the style change that 4 popularized.
>>
For those that want to play RE:DC:Dual Shock, but want the old music, there's a patch out there that replaces most of the music if I recall correctly.
>>
>>2926662
thought the same thing, wouldn't be so bad if it used a piano.

>>2926665
is that a theremin?
last i heard of such thing was for the teen age message.
>>
File: CYTx-IZWwAEFxl9.jpg (48KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
CYTx-IZWwAEFxl9.jpg
48KB, 600x450px
Hang on a second, Resident Evil Director's Cut doesn't let you play Resident Evil how it came out originally I thought it had a 'classic' mode?
>>
The composer for the game was a fraud who couldn't actually write music, he had someone else do it for him for like twenty years. He also lied about being deaf. It is rumored that the Mansion Basement track is one that he wrote himself because the other guy wasn't available at the time.

I have no idea if that's true but I like to believe it is.

>On 5 February 2014, it was publicly revealed that music attributed to Samuragochi since 1996 had actually been ghostwritten by Takashi Niigaki, a musician, composer, and part-time lecturer at the Toho Gakuen School of Music in Tokyo. Niigaki also said Samuragochi was not deaf and states that Samuragochi has normal hearing and was posing as a deaf man to generate a mystique around his image as a composer.
>>
>>2926861
Why not simply playing the normal Director's Cut? It has the old music.
>>
>>2927449
>The composer for the game was a fraud who couldn't actually write music, he had someone else do it for him for like twenty years. He also lied about being deaf. It is rumored that the Mansion Basement track is one that he wrote himself because the other guy wasn't available at the time. I have no idea if that's true but I like to believe it is.

I've heard about that, and the only reason why that even got revealed was because a skater competing in Sochi 2014 was going to use one of his compositions.
>>
>>2926649
As people have pointed out before me, it sounds like someone messed up and used the wrong MIDI pack for the instrumentation. I can hear some good stuff in the composition itself, but not with fucking ass trumpets blaring
>>
Piano, violin, even an acoustic guitar would be more fitting. Instead they took the trumped, the most eerie instrument since the banjo.
>>
Is the one on PSN the same version?
>>
>>2926649
There's no fucking way that's the real music from the game. This has to be bait.
>>
>>2928315
Nope. It's bonafide
>>
>>2928338
But...... It's just them hitting keys....... I refuse to believe this went to quality control and passed. It has to have been a joke track they forgot to take out, or sabotage by a disgruntled Capcom employee.

>Tfw I know someone actually listened to this and said "Yep, great job, let's use this"
>>
>>2928352
The composer was treated as some kind of genius, so they probably thought "such art!" or something along the lines. He was later exposed as a fraud, see >>2927449

Stuff like this isn't that rare in art circle jerks.
>>
>>2928383
I know, it's just sad that people are so ignorant.
>>
the ps1 3d paired with that track makes me feel so much dread i dont know what you guys are talking about
>>
>>2928459
Fuck off DXP no one wants to play your shit mod.

Go fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>2928493
lol blown the FUCK out!

RE123 forums are full of fucking cucks and fags
>>
>>2929376
Stop shilling out your patreon for your stupid RE 1.5 mod you fucking kike. No one cares, no one wants to give you money for a mod. You post this in EVERY resident evil thread.

FUCK OFF
>>
This soundtrack isnt Resident Evil, this is fucking luigis mansion
>>
>>2929428
Suck my dick DXP
>>
>>2929460
You're one mad little bitch DXP

xD
>>
>>2929480
Who's DXP?
>>
>>2929516
Buttmad autist from the Resident Evil 123 modding forums.

He hacked Team IGAS twitter a few times and is trying to stop Gemini's work on restoring 1.5 because he's a capcom fanboy.

Now he's butthurt that the team has been getting a lot of support of patreon.
>>
>>2928309
Depending on the region. Only the US got the shitty soundtrack version. Everyone else got the proper music.
>>
>>2926743
You have bad taste. It's ok though, you're probably 15 and don't know any better.
>>
>>2926649
The composer for the old RE games turned out to be a fraud. He paid someone to write the music for him. This was a big story that made rounds some time ago.

If I had to guess, what you're hearing is one of the songs that he DID write.

>>2928315
>>2928352
Play the Director's Cut. It's 100% legit.
>>
>>2931476
>Director's Cut.

Only the Dualshock version. The normal DC has the standard RE1 music.
>>
>>2931476
and it turned out the guy wasn't even DEAF, like he claimed to be for all the years he "composed music"
>>
>>2931578
Mmm, my bad.

>>2931716
Say what? Really? How did this chucklefuck even get a job?
>>
File: 1430136039012.jpg (48KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1430136039012.jpg
48KB, 600x450px
maybe it's just me but I always dug the credits music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvWp1ZqVuNM
>>
>>2931889
either the sympathy card or the boss as capcom likes parading around freaks
>>
>>2926861
from what I can tell there are two hacks of Director's Cut

a) Resident Evil: Director's Cut (Zorlan's Mod)
this restores uncensored FMV to the original DC release

b) Resident Evil: ULTIMATE Director's Cut Dual Shock
this restores uncensored FMV and original OST to Dual Shock edition

>>2927461
cause force feedback is a nice addition?
>>
>>2932627
God, seeing the intro to that video reminds me of back in the day when if you liked a song from a game you had to pretty much hope the OST was ever released.

Kids today take youtube for granted
>>
>>2931889
>>2932781
I guess they thought he was a new Beethoven. The Japanese love Beethoven.
>>
>>2928493
>>2929360
>>2929428

The mod/janitor can delete some random BS from another forum that most people on /vr/ don't know or care about WITHIN HOURS, but a thread about the PS2 is still up days later.

PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS MOD/JANITOR!
>>
>>2932791
>cause force feedback is a nice addition?

It really wasn't.
>>
>>2933251
The janitors always censor re 1.5 and team igas discussion. I think one of the members of the re123 forums is a mod/janitor over here.

pretty sad
>>
hhhh
>>
>>2933595
Or maybe it's because bagging/
advertisement is forbidden.
>>
>>2933636
Nobody is begging/advertising anything. Just sharing this awesome mod and spreading the word about how good team igas is.

Mods are just pissy cucks from the forums or just jealous overall.
>>
>>2933647
You were literally shilling their patreon and got your post deleted for it.

Fucking go to an RE and shill you annoying cunt. PLEASE get banned.
>>
>>2933647
So how come every time someone talks about it the fact that they just happen to have a Patreon account available to donate to always comes up?
>>
>>2933663
>>2933671
Oh fuck YOU DXP. You fucking anti-igas shill. I know you report my posts to your butt-buddy mods. And fuck you too mods/janitors for censoring an amazing fucking project.
>>
Sounds like a sad clown masturbating in a dark musty corner while crying.
>>
>>2933685
The patreon

https://www.patreon.com/loboto3?ty=h

CENSOR THIS YOU FUCKS
>>
>>2933685
Stop being a whiny bitch. You broke the rules and your ass got handled for it.
>>
>>2933707
Suck my dick DXP you faggot
>>
MartinBiohazard is an Argentinian nigger monkey who sucks DXP's flaccid cuck cock.
>>
>>2933918
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP8KuM3Lr2w
>>
I think a mod should bad both of these assholes shitting up this thread..... 1/3 of it is just "FUCK YOU DXP" "NO FUK U"
>>
>>2934121
Fuck off cuck. You'd rather DXP shit this place up with his shitty MZD patched mods?

FUCK YOU
>>
>>2934125
I would rather you BOTH get banned for shitting up this thread.

On topic: Any more fucked up tracks from this gem?
>>
>>2934141
Go cry about it on the 123 forums, MartinBiohazard, you fucking ape nigger.
>>
>>2934121
Report and ignore.
>>
My tribute to the greatest programmer ever, Gemini. You rock man, fuck you MartinBiohazard, go choke on a donkey dick you nigger and DXP too!
>>
>>2934148
I'm always scared to do that because some lazy mod will end up just banning me for reporting things.
>>
>>2934161
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmpvRaWPIIw
>>
>>2934141
Im going to go ahead and contribute to the shitposting mostly because I dont care if i get reported or not.
Funny how this uppity faggot has the audacity to go and post "on topic" like he really cared. Nothing like a neckbeard with a case of unwarranted self importance.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.