[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is it about this level that makes it so bad? I've tried

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Fungi_Forest.png (437KB, 598x438px) Image search: [Google]
Fungi_Forest.png
437KB, 598x438px
What is it about this level that makes it so bad? I've tried to beat this game 3 times and every time I've just given up here.
>>
>>2925509
way too many bananas to collect
>>
>>2925509
Even as a kid I thought DK64 was a slog. I really started to feel the burn by the time I hit Crystal Caves, I entered the level for the first time and the camera started panning around and I thought "here we go again..."
>>
I loved this level and game in general. My least favourite was probably Creepy Castle or Gloomy Galleon, but still good. The only thing that annoyed me was Beaver Bother. I know OP is not alone in his opinion and lots of people share it, but I really liked this game.
>>
>>2925537
Same, my favorite level was actually Fungi Forest. I loved all the collectible stuff.
>>
>>2925512
This. It's great fun but actually finishing it is just a massive chore. The fastest speedrun for the game is 14hours ffs
>>
>>2925681
Are you getting your information from Twin Galaxies or something? Even SDA, while completely outdated, doesn't have times that high.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5EyP_EyfE0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfjdfqbBEOQ
http://speeddemosarchive.com/DonkeyKong64.html
>>
When I was a kid, I never beat DK64 because I was scared of the Crystal Caves. I don't know why. Whenever I tried to go in there, I would get paranoid as fuck.

The other thing in games that used to scare me back then was the "Challenger Approaching" screen in Smash 64.

Funnily enough, now I rarely get scared at anything. Movies and video games don't scare me and I've even been in very dangerous situations in real life and wasn't scared at all. I'm very level headed in panic situations.
>>
>>2925681
101% runs are about 6 hours now, though.
>>
>>2926307
I had something similar with the sea snakes at Pinnacle Rock in Majora's Mask. I quit the game for like a year before eventually beating it.
>>
>>2925509
I've both N64 and Wii U VC versions of this game, wich one is better?
>>
I don't know why, but I could never even finish Banjo-Kazooie, whereas I did a 101% completion on DK64.

There was a lot of collecting but I thought, upon getting 101% that people were exaggerating a bit about DK64 being such a chore, to me it was fun
>>
>>2926395
The one that you enjoy playing the most.
>>
>>2926410
Already compared, it looks like crap in HDTVs, the frame rate may be slower in my N64, but the RGB mod plus a Sony Professional CRT Monitor, the colors and brightnes just kick the but of emulated VC shit!
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (71KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
71KB, 1024x768px
>>2926307
>I was scared of the Crystal Caves. I don't know why.

I know why. Felt really good when I finally teleported up there and killed him.
>>
>>2925509
I tried beating this game 100% and I've collected almost everything up until K.Rools area inside his mouth. All the banannas, all the coins, all the blueprints, all the upgrades before that point, and I couldn't bother to finish it off.
>>
>>2926395
I have in on VC and I only managed to beat some of the later minigames with save states/pause abusing. I've read it's easier on N64. There's one minigame I remember where you have to shoot a banana while avoid shooting the Kongs, the only 'legit' way to beat the later repetitions of those would have been guessing for me.
>>
I loved this level! Hated Frantic Factory, though.
>>
>>2926581
>59.94 fps on N64
>60.00 fps on Wii-U

That's not that much slower
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.