[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are these any good? They're like 40 dollars each, so I want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: sfc_classic_controller_2.jpg (61KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
sfc_classic_controller_2.jpg
61KB, 640x427px
Are these any good? They're like 40 dollars each, so I want to make sure they're good before I go and buy them.
At first, I wanted to buy an SNES, but then I realized I wouldn't be able to afford the games. After that, it was an SFC, but once again, the games are too expensive (they're cheap in-store, but I don't live in Japan, unfortunately)
If they're not good, I guess I'll just get an SFC.

Thanks in advance.
>>
I got the Buffalo SNES pad for like $12 and have no complaints, but then again I've only had it for 6 months. Either way, I imagine the SFC controller would work great.
>>
>>2921173
SFC controllers are not 40 bucks, what are you talking about?

And the colored buttons are cool, but honestly I prefer the regular american controller. Why? Because the jap version has a cord that's like 1 foot long. So when I play my SFC, I have to either sit really close or pull the console out from under the TV stand.
>>
Just pirate
>>
File: 51fig-k5M4L._SL1024_.jpg (42KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
51fig-k5M4L._SL1024_.jpg
42KB, 1024x682px
>>2921182
It's a Wii gamepad.
I forgot to mention that. Sorry.
>>
>>2921192
Oh, well that changes everything. You can probably purchase a SNES controller and a Wii adapter for it for cheaper. But honestly, I don't think there's a need. The classic controller is dirt cheap AFAIK and is basically a carbon copy of the SNES controller but with two analogue sticks on the bottom. I'd just go with that.

I wouldn't spend 40 bucks on a controller. I think I imported my SFC for around that price, with all the hookups and such. Maybe slightly more. After that, I bought an everdrive and a couple cheap SFC games (essentially the ones I wanted to play that the ED wasn't compatible with, like yoshi's island).

But yeah, I'd say just use the classic controller and leave it at that. Spending any more and you might as well just go down the rabbit hole of buying the actual system + games or whatever.
>>
>>2921173
Fuck that, just get a decent controller and an adapter. Wings on the controller also more comfortable. Original SNES controllers were too damn small anyway.
>>
>>2921173
If you're emulating on the Wii, I'd go ahead and grab it.

If you're emulating on PC, get the Buffalo $12 one or a USB -> SNES controller adapter.
>>
If you just want to emulate on wii, I'd suggest getting a regular SNES or SFC controller and a Gamecube-to-SNES adapter from Raphnet.

They run about $12 and it means you can plug straight into the console, rather than into the wiimote and still be on battery.

In the interest in anti-shilling, I will point out that I ordered two from the UK and I had to pay a shit ton of import ( an extra 50% of the order price) I wouldn't have had to if he'd sent them both separately.
>>
>>2921180
I also have a Buffalo SNES pad and recommend it. Had mine for a few years now and it still works perfectly.
>>
File: 20160117_143138-1.jpg (3MB, 2487x2011px) Image search: [Google]
20160117_143138-1.jpg
3MB, 2487x2011px
I own one of those controllers for the Wii remote. I got mine for $35 loose in pretty great condition. Recommended it to a friend not to long ago and they're like 60+ on eBay.

But I did check amazon and they one or two for respectable prices not too long ago.

Tldr
I love it, Wii remote gets great battery life and the official one is of superb quality.
>>
>>2921180
>>2924157
>>2921204
>>2922061
>>2922067
>>2923997
>>2922996
Thanks. I'll go decide on my own between the wii controller or an actual SNES controller + adapter, which shouldn't be too difficult.
>>
why not the wii classic controller?
>>
The Nintendo made Super Famicom controllers are the best way to go. I exclusively use them.
>>
>>2927098
Or just use a GameCube controller and buy the adapter for it. I'm assuming OP wants a controller to use with Wii by the sounds of it, so I'm not sure why he'd drop all that money on a SFC controller and gimp himself out of having analog sticks.

Also, >>2921173 you should just look into buying an EverDrive. My ex roomie had one for the Nintendo 64 and they truly are fucking amazing. You buy the EverDrive and just download and put whatever ROMs on it that you want and vol-ah. Instant and unlimited free games.
>>
>>2921173

>then I realized I wouldn't be able to afford the games.

Get a flashcart. 95% of the console's library for a little over 100 dollars, maybe 200 if you go for the fancy one.
>>
>>2927267
I prefer PAL controllers cause the cords are a little longer and they are just as durable.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.