[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aftermarket controller

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

What USB gamepad with sticks do you recommend for 3D games/general use ? I was planning on buying one on ebay since my old controllers are no fit for 3D games and most new titles don't even support them.
>>
If the games in question support xinput (or are on an emulator), you'll do well with the Xbone controller. If not, I believe the DS4 supports directinput, and if THAT doesn't, the DS3 definitely does.
On top of that, USB controller adapters are plentiful for pretty much everything, so if you want to use controllers you already have, it's just a quick google search away.
>>
>>2919489

Someone here feel like doing a list of good wired controllers that have analog sticks? Seems like wireless is all the rage these days... :(
>>
>>2919512
yeah im useing a gameport to usb right now and i also have a PSX style logitehc controlelr
ill probably buy some dualshock-like 3rd party controller since i preffer the shape over xbox
>>
>>2919542
i know a lot of people that use them but i really preffer having low input lag than the convenience of no cables.
>>
Wish I had the /vr/ controller list right now. Someone will probably post it soon.
>>2919542
>>2919559
Actually, all 3 of the current-gen console controllers can be hooked up wired via a microUSB (mini for Wii U Pro) cord for minimal input lag. All of them are pretty solid for 3D games, though for 2D games you'd probably prefer the DS4 and WUP over the Xbone's.
>>2919551
DS3 sounds pretty much perfect for you, I'd recommend picking up a used one. They're fairly cheap and have the advantages stated above, just make sure you install the right drivers (i.e. not MotionInJoy)
>>
File: f310-gaming-gamepad-images.png (43KB, 521x342px) Image search: [Google]
f310-gaming-gamepad-images.png
43KB, 521x342px
>>2919489
Logitech F310 (wired, pic related)
Logitech F710 (wireless USB)
PS2/PS3 DualShock
>>
>>2919567

Seriously? The Wii U Pro can be used wired on a Mac?
>>
>>2919579
Ah, sorry, I don't have much experience with Macs. Quick google search shows wireless is possible, but I can't find an answer as to if wired is.
>>
>>2919573
the PS2 one feels like its made for baby hands
just doesnt feel right on my big adult hands now that im not 14 years old
>>
>>2919573
Gonna go right ahead and say not those Logitech's. Only buy logitech controllers for consoles and use adapters. Their PC controllers are fucking junk and have terrible drivers and calibration issues and their support amounts to buy new ones maybe?
Get a Logitech Precision Xbox controller or something like a WCP controller.

PS2 controllers are kind of wacky with adapters in that may need full depression of a button for registration rather than typical light depression that would register. That adds a bit extra draw to the button and can be annoying. Digital buttons work better for older games in that respect.
>>
>>2919573
I used that logitech pc controller for hundreds of hours on a game I used to play (not retro), and I went through maybe 5 of them in about 2 years.

Buttons would go bad and have to open, cable would fray and have to tape it in place so it wouldn't disconnect, etc. I mean it wasn't bad for like $20 every few months but I should have just gotten something better. I was just too stubborn and familiar with it.

Now I use a ps3 controller. Been good for ages.
>>
>tfw there'll never be a gameport to usb adaptor that works with the Gravis Blackhawk Digital

feels so bad mane
>>
Dualshock 4 is the best option if you just want one controller. Need to install DS4Windows for it to work, but it's the best. Xbone and 360 works natively but has a garbage dpad. But I use it and switch with a Buffalo SNES controller when I'm playing emulators

Logitech is trash.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.