[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /vr/. Which NES level do you think is harder: >the last

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: KT5pD.jpg (399KB, 1816x710px) Image search: [Google]
KT5pD.jpg
399KB, 1816x710px
Hi /vr/. Which NES level do you think is harder:
>the last level of Batman
>the last level of TMNT
pic related
>>
>>2919195
the last level of TMNT isn't hard, just that stupid fucking last hallway if you dont have scrolls
>>
if you're at the end of batman, you HAD to master the wall jump. it's tricky, but you can absolutely grasp what you're supposed to do if you're at that point

TMNT is much cheaper with its difficulty, and is way harder, way earlier into the game.

the final boss in Batman, however, is where it gets impossible. I've seen lots of videos of people doing it, but I would've never figured it out on my own.
>>
File: game counselor.gif (77KB, 434x326px) Image search: [Google]
game counselor.gif
77KB, 434x326px
>>2919229
You should contact a Nintendo game counselor
>>
>>2919240
>an attractive girl on the line as the counselor

Sure, and maybe monkeys are going to fly out of my butt.
>>
I've beaten NES Batman but never even played TMNT.

I have a free weekend to do whatever, and I have been sitting on the cart for a while (a gift from an older relative getting rid of childhood things). Should I try it? I beat Batman in a weekend, could I beat this in a weekend too?
>>
>>2919381

It's possible if you can grasp three things:
1) Be able to switch turtles on the fly(surprisingly, many people fail to grasp this)
2) Get used to floaty controls. Seriously, the jumps can screw you over a LOT, particularly since sometimes you don't NEED to jump.
3) The game won't fight fair, so why should you? Take advantage of every glitch/respawning weapons and pizza that you can. Not even joking.
>>
>>2919870
Just as the developers intended
>>
>Batman
>Batman Returns
>Batman Return of the Joker
>Batman 3
Which ones are good/bad?
>>
>>2920513
sunsoft ones are awesome
>>
>>2920519
Are the GB versions good too?
>>
>>2919259
I don't know why but this made me laugh harder then I have all day. Thank you anon.
>>
File: batman.png (1MB, 1202x938px) Image search: [Google]
batman.png
1MB, 1202x938px
The last level of TMNT, but mainly because of more unfair enemy placement and worse controls. You also get punished way more for dying.

Batman has plenty of unfair placement as well, I just think that it's all a lot more manageable if you know what you're doing.

Not taking damage on those two jumps near the end is absolutely ridiculous though, it's like a pixel perfect jump.

Pic related.
>>
>>2921625
Because You've never played Lunar.

>>2919259
I didn't laugh when Nall said that when I was a kid in my jammies sitting on the floor in front of my TV playing Lunar on my CDX in the 90s and I didn't laugh this time, either.
Actually, I think I may be entirely humourless. Help me.

>>2919195
Considering that I haven't played the last level of either in about... 25 years or so, I can't say I really remember either of them that well. However! I /do/ remember TMNT getting easier and easier as the game progressed while Batman got harder than Jimmy Savile in a pediatrics ward.
>>
I started TMNT today, and I think I made good progress. The part that's gonna make it hard is the limited continues. So far I haven't had trouble with the 'notorious' Dam (first play took 3 times, second play took only once and had no deaths). I figured out a good strat for Area 3, there is one building you can walk to from the party wagon (across a thin bridge) and from there you can access a building with a very easily-accessed half pizza. From there you can just go in, grab it, go out, go back in, grab it again, etc. until you have maxed HP on all turtles. Now I haven't figured out how to escape Area 3 yet, but at the very least I know the plan for being ready to take on the second half of the game.

Also I got really good at that annoying two-space jump they like to make you do. I'm glad about that.
>>
>>2919229
Pretty much this. The Technodrome is only really rough towards the end, but Shreddar isn't too bad. The final level of Batman is doable by the time you get there, but the Joker is just brutal.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.