[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best retro wrestling games everyone should play,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

File: slimjim.jpg (137KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
slimjim.jpg
137KB, 1920x1080px
What are the best retro wrestling games everyone should play, /vr/?

Also, did you like the latest ep?
>>
for me, n64 wrestling games were like a successor to the beat'em'ups of the 16 bit era.

except the controls weren't as tight, the music wasn't as good, and you could only fight in a ring

but it still held me over and I played the fuck out of them. and I'm not at all into pro wrestling

oddly enough, when I eventually played Dynamite Cop and Zombie Revenge on the Dreamcast, which were more direct successors to SoR etc, I just couldn't get into them
>>
File: atari pro wrasslin.png (6KB, 640x420px) Image search: [Google]
atari pro wrasslin.png
6KB, 640x420px
>>
My absolute favorite wrestling games are the King of the Monsters games. Nothing even compares. Despite being kind of shitty and overall little more than "walk up to the enemy and mash until all the skin on your thumb is gone," they're so much fun. The sense of scale is great, the monsters are full of personality, and Atomic Guy is hot as fuck.

I actually like the SNES port of War of the Monsters 2 the best. The gameplay is changed to a sidescrolling beat em up for some reason, which is one of my favorite genres.
>>
its what everyone else says but its true, the aki games on the n64 a best

if you play them with an emulator you open up a whole world of mods too
>>
>Tetsuo Ohara's style
>With 4P wrestling
How is this not the best wrestling game?
>>
>>2915798

It's pretty great. Shame 2 plays more like a typical fighting game, but at least it has Ortega.
>>
>>2915372
>some autist on youtube makes video about a topic
>10 seconds later we have a thread about it.
And here was I thinking you guys can think for yourselves.
>>
>>2915372
/vr/ wrestling games only?

Here are the best of the best:

Super Fire Pro Wrestling Special
Super Fire Pro Wrestling Queen's Special
Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium
Fire Pro Wrestling S 6 Men Scramble
WCW nWo Revenge
WWF No Mercy
WWF WrestleFest
Saturday Night Slam Masters
Jikkyou Power Pro Wrestling '96 Max Voltage
maybe Gekitou Burning Pro Wrestling (for the referee mode)
>>
>>2915838
Travesty that we never got a proper wrestling game sequel to Slam Masters. I'm still waiting for Capcom to announce Slam Masters 3 with every Capcom wrestler character ever as playable characters and shitloads of modes and match types.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23III4HmnRI
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (114KB, 640x888px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
114KB, 640x888px
>>
>>2915938

Honestly, I think wrestling games have a lot more potential that nobody really tries to live up to. Like, I get that the usual wrestling fan goes for the most realistic wrestling simulators, and that's what they usually focus on, but I think more games like the Kinnikuman ones would be more fun. That's why I like King of the Monsters so much, shit is just ridiculous.

When you wrote "every capcom wrestler character," my brain ignored "wrestler" and I started imagining the VSav crew in that type of scenario.
>>
File: pentagon jr..gif (145KB, 102x137px) Image search: [Google]
pentagon jr..gif
145KB, 102x137px
>>2915948
>Like, I get that the usual wrestling fan goes for the most realistic wrestling simulators

Not really. The AKI games are arcadey as fuck and people usually shit on the 2k games gameplay-wise (and other reasons). I can't really speak for the Smackdown Vs games and Fire Pro as I've never played them.
>>
Virtual Pro wrestling 2
Playing a English ROM hack of it on my Everdrive 64
>>2915613
>Everything sounds like an explosion
>>
File: tmp_27802-starman1589219282.jpg (176KB, 1024x896px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_27802-starman1589219282.jpg
176KB, 1024x896px
Nobody said Pro Wrestling on the NES? Shame on you.

SHAME ON ALL OF YOU!
>>
>>2916176
This.
>>
WWF Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game
It's not really a simulation of wrestling, as much as it is a quasi-Mortal Kombat with wrestling moves. There are very few characters (6 in SNES/Genesis, 8 in Arcade/PSX), but they're all so different that it never gets dull.

IT'S A TOTAL DEBACLE!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvjeIB5E_Iw
>>
How is Fire Pro Wrestling S compared to Returns?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.