[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mega Man Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 17

File: mmeshop.jpg (43KB, 520x303px) Image search: [Google]
mmeshop.jpg
43KB, 520x303px
Fun series. Anybody buy the Legacy Collection? The challenge mode is decent fun

Also 2=3>6>4>1>5

Not sure why people love 5 but hate on 6
>>
>>2912761
>Not sure why people love 5 but hate on 6
5 is usually seen as one of the worst ones outside of contrarians. It lacks almost anything new (for Mega Man standards). 6 is what 5 should've been, but its still too easy for my tastes. Heck I think its by far the easiest Mega Man.
I'd get the Legacy Collection if it was 5 bucks seeing how they never took advantage of remaking the engines. Capcom didn't even put it on sale during Steam Sales.
>>
4>2>6>5>1>3

Also fuck Legacy Collection.
>>
MM3 has the best title music. Prove me wrong
>>
>>2912784
>4 the best

My nigger, but I preordered Legacy collection on the 3DS
>>
File: mega man series.png (2MB, 2352x1394px) Image search: [Google]
mega man series.png
2MB, 2352x1394px
>>
>>2912960

Anyone that believes the first Mega Man is better than 9 or 10, well, shit, I just don't understand their opinion.
>>
If you don't agree with W>R>T>Y>U>P you aren't a true MM fan.
>>
MMBN>original>X>Zero>Everything else.
>>
>>2912967
Let alone anyone who thinks 1 is better than 3 and 4
>>
Hey guys, check this shit out

https://rushjet1.bandcamp.com

Just when we thought megaman music couldn't get any better.
>>
>>2912990

Holy shit this is actually pretty good stuff. Is it possible to use this music on an actual nes?
>>
I love this series but I'm terrified to discuss it on /vr/. Whenever it gets brought up people just shit down each other's throats about which ones they hate or whatever. I hope I've been proven wrong when I come back and inevitably check this thread later.
>>
>>2912998
nope
>>
>>2913050
It's never as bad as the castlevania threads, since the quality of those games are more subjective than objective
>>
>>2912967
MM1's issues can be excused for being the first game of a new series that's trying its best.

MM9 and 10s issues can't be excused since they regressed the series back to MM1 tier level design and are shameless cash grabs made by a company with no concept of why the original games were loved.
>>
>>2913050

Like clockwork~
>>
File: 1449519195203.gif (398KB, 294x266px) Image search: [Google]
1449519195203.gif
398KB, 294x266px
>>2913073

>MM9 and 10s issues can't be excused since they regressed the series back to MM1 tier level design and are shameless cash grabs made by a company with no concept of why the original games were loved.

Uh, no I heavily disagree. The level design was all pretty great. They were not "shameless cash grabs" and they didn't channel MM1 level design, they channeled MM2 and MM3 level design. Did we even play the same games?

MM9 and MM10 are fucking awesome games. I love the First wily castle level in 10 where it starts off as an intro, transitions into a boss that uses powers from past robot masters, and then the real level begins.

I don't understand the hate for these games. If your complaint is the lack of the charge shot, you still have it when you play as Protoman.

The games have fun levels with fun bosses and great music, with some of the best Wily Castle levels in the entire series. If you really believe the level design was "MM1 tier" then you just don't know what you're talking about and should replay the games before you spew bullshit like saying that they are "shameless cash grabs". Inticreates worked hard on those games and I'd buy MM11 in a heartbeat if it had the same level of quality.

Your opinion is god awful and you say things that are flat out incorrect.
>>
File: 4L_cXAiZhrd.jpg (37KB, 506x337px) Image search: [Google]
4L_cXAiZhrd.jpg
37KB, 506x337px
>>2913113
It's already happened, too.

Th-thanks /vr/.
>>
9&10 had the problem of using SPIKES, SPIKES EVERYWHERE for level design. Megaman shouldn't play like IWBTG. Fuck Inti Create.
>>
>>2913335

You're overreacting. There really weren't IWBTG levels of spikes in MM9 and MM10

It sounds to me like you're fucking terrible at not only the game, but making sound judgements.
>>
Megaman LEGACY ?! Isn't that the recreation of the games from scratch in a new engine? Why don't you play the real games instead? You might as well be playing the goddamn Megadrive version.

You can ask everyone, and no two people would give you the same rankings of Megaman games by quality.

Personaly I think 9 is the best. It's got the best level design, the kind of which is fairly challenging at first, but once you know it, you can run through it blazing everything in an extremely fun way.

5 is the worst, with its flat boring "straight lines" level design, and total lack of challenge.
>>
>>2913419

>isn't that the recreation of the games from scratch in a new engine?

it is literally an emulator that runs ROMS of the games anon
>>
>>2913423
http://store.steampowered.com/app/363440/

>Developed with an all-new engine – Using the newly developed Eclipse Engine, Capcom and Digital Eclipse are able to archive these six pieces of video game history with faithful reproductions of the originals for a new generation of gamers.
>>
>>2913432
So is the Eclipse Engine real and, if it is, is it anything meaningful? I wouldn't think an official Capcom release would do anything shady like swiping an existing emulator.
>>
>>2913432

I don't have the exact source, so I'm counting on some other anons to support me on this but yeah dude I've seen evidence that they are in fact just the roms running in an emulator.
>>
>>2913335
Don't forget pits everywhere. Oh, and they can't be normal pits, oh no. They have to be the "enemy pops out with no advance warning whatsoever" type of pits. Want to approach a level in a different or creative way? TOUGH SHIT. DO IT EXACTLY THE WAY WE WANT YOU TO DO THE LEVEL OR YOU DIE.

Inti Creates seems to just place spikes and pits randomly, put a few enemies here and there, and call it a level.
>>
>>2913537

Wrong. You faggots suck at the games.
>>
>>2913537
>>2913335

Never thought I'd see the day where /vr/etro fags would reach /v/ tiers of sucking at games. Megaman 9 is easy as fuck. The only level in either of these 2 games that somewhat validates your claims is pump man in megaman 10 with the cardinal sin of adding spikes in a water level, and jewel man in megaman 9 with THAT jump. It would also seem that megaman 4 has just as much, if not more spikes than either 9 or 10. Not one level in that game is devoid of spikes.

>inb4 hurr hurr Megaman 4 came out before therefore it's excusable hurr hurr

Get fucking good. I beat those games in one playthrough my first time ON HARD MODE
>>
File: waveman_stage.jpg (101KB, 600x525px) Image search: [Google]
waveman_stage.jpg
101KB, 600x525px
>>2913419
>praises 9's level design
>hates 5
>9 rips off level design from 5
namefags being stupid as usual...

enjoy being filtered
>>
>>2913539
>lol git gud skrub the game doesnt suck u do
>>>/darksouls2/
>>
>>2914227
He's right , faggot. The only reason as to why 9 would be bullshit hard is if you do the game with the buster only. The game is designed around using weapons to make the level design work. But I guess that's too "casual" for you, isn't it? Oh well. Your loss
>>
>>2914259
Which goes back to that other anon's argument about "You can only play the way Inti Creates wants you to play." Fuck MM9, fuck MM10, and fuck YOU.
>>
File: 1451784404438.gif (794KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
1451784404438.gif
794KB, 333x250px
>>2914414

You're gonna have to make that argument stick by elaborating. I've done buster only runs JUST FINE in MM9 and MM10, I even have the achievements for it in both games.

MM9 and MM10 are awesome games and its a real shame you suck too much ass to play them. All the other Mega Man games encourage you to use all the special weapons while still letting you use the Buster only too. MM9 and MM10 are really no different.

>>2914259

i've done buster only runs, so even then I don't think that is necessarily the case. Sure its harder, but it isn't impossible.

Anyway, I still don't understand the hate for these two games. They're better than MM4-MM8 and you're a fool if you think otherwise. All the classic MM games are good you fucking idiots.
>>
I guess I never really noticed a big difference between, save for things like sliding and charge shot being present or absent. They felt like more levels for the same thing.
>>
>>2914474

This. Mega Man fans are some of the biggest whinebags ever. all these games are solid yet they all have to bitch and moan
>>
what might have been

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksq5ib1kmpM
>>
>>2914689
>tfw no Mario Maker Megaman game
Unlimited could've been so awesome.
>>
>>2914259
>The game is designed around using weapons to make the level design work.
Do you not understand the inherent problem with that statement? You flat out just said that the level design doesn't work unless you have boss weapons to play with.

That is the cardinal sin that 9 and 10 have. The levels aren't designed with a buster run in mind, they're designed with specific weapons in mind, which means that many portions of the levels become downright sadistic if you didn't do the stages in the exact order the developers wanted you to. Not only that, there are parts of levels that are complete bullshit regardless of what weapons you do have, like the jumping section near the end of Plug Man's stage in 9.

9 and 10 are fundamentally broken games.
>>
>>2914474
I think the charge shot fundamentally altered the feeling of the games, though. And it's why even though I think in terms of weapons and level design MM4 is comparable to 2 and 3 (actually it's much more consistent than 3) I like it less. I agree with the gist of your post otherwise, though.
>>
>>2912784
>Also fuck Legacy Collection.
Pretty much this. I bought it to have the games legitimately after playing the hell out of the roms for 15 freaking years, but getting it to play nicely with Windows 10 was a fucking ordeal.
>>
>>2914903

>9 and 10 are fundamentally broken games

...except they aren't as Buster only runs are very doable. Git gud
>>
The major problem with 9 and 10 is they regressed from 7 and 8.

Instead of having modern graphics, they cheaped out and basically made MM2 romhacks to pander to nostalgiafags.
>>
>>2915028

This. Gameplay wise they were awesome, but instead of actually giving them a MM8 look but better with the same gameplay, they cheaped out and threw their arms up in the air as if they were defeated before they began.

All they had to do was actually try
>>
>>2914756
I wish that Capcom would just sell the rights to MegaMan or something. If that happened we'd have a MM: Unlimited style game within a few years.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>2914689

>tfw this makes my dick rock hard
>I would have played it
>Capcom crushes the series out of petty hate for the "creator" when he didn't even "create" or "design" mega man

Being a fan of Mega Man is a lot like being a fan of Hunter X Hunter. It is full of lots of great content....but ultimately...suffering.
>>
>>2914903

Nah. I play Mega Man almost exclusively using only the buster, and 9 and 10 aren't significantly harder than the originals.

If you wanna whine about "levels are too hard without certain items" go back and play Heat Man's level and finish the mile-long stretch of disappearing platforms without using Item-2.
>>
File: 40931665.jpg (368KB, 743x1000px) Image search: [Google]
40931665.jpg
368KB, 743x1000px
Which Robot would you Master?
>>
>>2915589

This. Thank you.

I love Mega Man, but my fellow Mega Man fans tend to be huge faggots. You aren't though.
>>
>>2915028

>literally crying about graphics in a thread on /vr/

I give your bait a 3/10. It's the kind of thing that would piss me off somewhere else, but I still have enough hope in /vr/ to believe that the average user isn't this fucking stupid.
>>
File: mega man v.png (8KB, 320x288px) Image search: [Google]
mega man v.png
8KB, 320x288px
Best Mega Man game coming through
>>
>>2912761
>Not sure why people love 5 but hate on 6
My grips on 6
-Charged Buster shot (as in, when you release the shot) doesn't have that big sound from 5, its just a generic shot.
-Weapons get outclassed by the rush adaptors. Seriously, one thing that 6 did right was doing good weapons (at least compared to MM5) but they got super outclassed by the adaptors.
More of less, if you start with Flameman first, the game becomes 100% easy.
-Music was kinda underwhelming except for Flameman's theme.

Also your tier list is wrong
4=2>5>6>1>3
>>
>>2915604

Isn't bait. It makes sense for old games to have retro graphics, but I'm against neo-retro and I stand by that opinino. When they used the NES style mega man graphics, they basically admitted they sucked too much to give Mega Man a modern 2D look while retaining the gameplay of the originals. Mega Man 7 and Mega Man 8 ALMOST had it, they aren't BAD games, but they aren't quite as good as the rest of the series either. This has to do with how they failed to translate the gameplay completely between the 8 bit, and 16/32 bit eras.

Not him, but I believe in and support his opinion.
>>
>>2915624

>Music was kinda underwhelming

dude what that OST was great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gHixMno4p4
>>
>>2913432
HA HA HA HA, THEY ARE JUST ROMS WITH A CUSTOM EMULATOR FRONT END, THERES A WEBM OF SOMEONE PUTTING MEGA MAN ULTRA.
>>
File: BX 001.jpg (55KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
BX 001.jpg
55KB, 600x449px
>>2913419

It's almost like the debate of which Final Fantasy is the best Final Fantasy.
>>
All this bashing on MM9 because of its difficulty is ridiculous, because MM9's level design is great partly because of how intuitive the level design is, granted you know the series just a little, and because of how progressive the level design is exactly so that it's not unfair.
What I mean is, in MM9, everytime something new show up, they always introduce It as a difficulty scurve: they start with a first screen where they introduce the new mechanic in a way where the player will not die but that will also make him understand how that new mechanic works, so that they can use that mechanic "for real" in the next screens.
MM1 to 6 did not take the luxury to do these kind of things. They'd throw you directly into the fire with no warning.

Because that, if you do think MM9 is unfair, either you don't really know the series and you've jumped on MM9 because of the "so retro vibe", or you're just bad at video games and expect to just mindlessly run through levels without using any twicth skill or reflex, in which case I would understand why you think MM5 and 6 are good, because that's exactly how you can play those.
>>
>>2915797
Well I'm sorry I actually believed what was said on the official description of the game rather than on some random stuff on forums !

But if it's true that they're just roms, it's even worse than I thought. They're actually ASHAMED about selling rom collections, to the point they'd rather lie about it. Shit, that must say a lot about the quality of that release.

>>2914223
So MM9 makes a reference to the older games, and heavily improve on the formula they're referencing to (so it's fanservice done right), and it "rips off MM5" ?!
Did you realize it's the only thing it took from 5? Just one screen that doesn't even follow like in MM5? It didn't "rip off" MM5, all it did was take one of the only good idea MM5 had, as a sort of fanservice but in order to catch people offguard and use it in a different, improved way.

It's not like it matters anyway right, because you've taken the liberty to "filter" any opinion that challenges yours before you may even get the answer that challenges that opinion.
This is exactly why I use a name btw. If you're the kind of person who'd rather not hear any opinion different than yours, you have no place on a discussion board,; and therefore, if the people like you filter me, which I know they do, at least I know we won't stumbled upon each other in the next threads.
>>
>>2915906

I agree with you mostly, but being a tripfag on 4chan is definitely a no-no. Unless you're OP or providing content there is no need for your name.
>>
File: 1400194203129.jpg (49KB, 650x433px) Image search: [Google]
1400194203129.jpg
49KB, 650x433px
>>2915895
>>2915906

Oho, my opinion of you just got a little better.

>>2915916

A namefag isn't a tripfag, friendo.
>>
>>2912761
>Anybody buy the Legacy Collection?
Just checked on PS4 and it's going for £12.

What the fuck man? Who the hell is going to pay £12 for that? Not me. Why do devs overprice this ancient shit that can be downloaded for free in a matter of literal seconds? Price this shit appropriately and it would sell better. If this was going for £5 I'd have bought it in a heartbeat and I'm sure many many more people would have, too, then for fucking £12.
>>
>>2916112

Not to be "that" guy but 6 Mega Man games are worth more than 5.
>>
>>2916898
£6 tops.
>>
>>2917127
Nintendo charges $5 each on the Wii u, a total of $30

On ps4 or Xbox you get all 6 games with some extra features for only $15
>>
Mega man rules.
>>
testing noko ignore me
>>
>>2917434
Nintendo are kikes
>>
>>2912761
5 is hands down the easiest but it is a lot of fun. Somehow i like the 4 least, i do not have a explanation for that. 6 is ok.

2 = 3 > 1 > 5 = 6 > 4

there is no absolute truth, they are all solid.

more interesting question is the X-series.

X > X2 > X4 > X3 > X8 > X5 > X6 >>>>>> X7
>>
>>2916112

I don't think you should use "BUT FREE ROMS" as a standard as it has no logical basis for when you say you'd pay anything at all for it.
>>
>>2918469
Not really. It's widely regarded that the SNES trilogy is good, X4 is decent fun because of Zero, and everything after X4 is rubbish.
>>
>>2918478

Price shit appropriately. That was the point he was trying to make. But do go on a tangent about people just wanting free shit, I can tell you badly need to.
>>
What's so bad about mega man 3? Its the only one I played but I remember loving it as a kid
>>
>>2914689
So are the mega man 1 robot masters good guys or bad guys here?
>>
>>2917434
I can buy the Sega Genesis Ultimate Collection on PS3 for £14. That's over 40 retro games for £14.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SEGA-Mega-Drive-Collection-Essentials/dp/B0098G61H8

Second hand/pre-owned in store I could probably snag that for around £7.

6 Mega Man games bundled aren't worth a £12 digital download in 2016, no way, at least not to me.
>>
>>2918942
They were neither. Originally intended to be utility robots, they were reprogrammed and repurposed by Dr. Wily into his "Robot Masters".
>>
>>2918965

Yeah, and many of those games aren't all that great. Especially when you compare them to 6 Mega Man games.

Many on that collection are. 6 Mega Man games are indeed worth 12.

>at least not to you

Meh, you're just a cheap bastard.
>>
>>2919092
You're a nigger. I don't mind spending £50 on a single game when I think it's worth it. If you're retarded enough to spend £12 to emulate six ancient games good for you but don't get upset when other people aren't.
>>
File: jew_basic.jpg (41KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
jew_basic.jpg
41KB, 600x600px
>>2919185

>but don't get upset when other people aren't

I'm not upset, but you sure are upset for getting called out on having an inner jew.

The Mega Man games are easily worth their asking price. To collect the physical versions, it'd cost you a pretty penny and for good reasons. Even though many cartridges were produced, people tend to want to hold on to them because they are some of the best games ever made. Paying for an official re-release at 12-15 is perfectly acceptable unless you're a jew or a poorfag. You get 6 of the best games ever made plus art and challenges.

>ancient games

Where exactly do you think you are anon? This is the retro video games board. Call of Duty 12 is not worth more than Mega Man 2 to most people here, so what the fuck is wrong with you that you actually think using "ancient" in a derogatory fashion is going to have any merit at all? How stupid are you? Apparently, very, but I'd like to think that you're just trying to be an inflammatory faggot for the sake of it and not actually being a bumbling fucking moron.

You remind me of all those faggots on Facebook that actually believe modern first person shooters are better than DOOM because "the graphics are better" or the people that actually think Super Metroid isn't worth $7.99 just because "its old and you can get it on your phone for 'free' lol ALSO OLD GAMES SUCK". You don't have real grasp of the "value" you're talking about and should probably leave the board if you aren't being facetious.
>>
File: 1369786014181.jpg (32KB, 453x500px) Image search: [Google]
1369786014181.jpg
32KB, 453x500px
>>2919363
>mfw tldr
cry more you stupid nigger
>>
File: 1355802746088.jpg (28KB, 317x238px) Image search: [Google]
1355802746088.jpg
28KB, 317x238px
>>2919430

>I'm too lazy to read
>I'm too idiotic to properly defend my claims and statements
>I still think using "ancient" in a derogatory context has merit
>I am a fucking faggot

All of these things ring true with you you fucking faggot. Go back to /v/.

>>>/v/
>>
This arguing about mm9 and 10 is kinda weird, because to me both are the best in the series. The lack of a charge shot for example is something that I love. The whole point of mega man is that you use the weapons of the bosses to beat the levels, but in games like X4 or X5 for example they give your regular buster a screen wide overpowered shot that kills everything so there is no point in using boss weapons, while in 9 you can have splash woman or magma man's weapons almost replacing your buster. Plus you're more limited and have to manage weapon energy to move around with rush or tornado blow or concrete shot or wheel cutter, while mm6 for example just gives you pretty much unlimited flight. Also, on both games if you watch speed runs you see that all weapons (except for plug man I think) get used somewhere, and in the recent mm9 proto man race at AGDQ you had both runners using different weapons at different times for preference. What that means to me is that if even the people who are looking to play the game optimally can find an use for everything and use different routes, that is a very well designed game. Plus games like mm6, 7, 8, x4, etc. to me are not as good as the rest for being too easy, while 9 and 10 to me are the right kind of challenge, plus there is an easy and hard modes for whoever wants it (hard mode is very fun on 10, changes a lot for the levels and gives bosses extra attacks).

>>2918801
The only argument I heard that I thought was legit was that the weapon selection is kinda bad. In my opinion Rush Jet is kinda overpowered too in this game, I still love it though.
>>
>>2918971
OK FINE WERE THEY SUPPOSED TO BE MEGA'S FRIENDS OR FOES INTHIS TRAILER.
>>
>>2919698
>he cries more
>>
File: 1345301705275.gif (3MB, 290x189px) Image search: [Google]
1345301705275.gif
3MB, 290x189px
>>2919906

>implying you aren't the one crying because you got BTFO

Keep being a faggot, shithead.
>>
>>2919990
That was my first post in the thread, to inform you that you are currently crying the hardest.
>>
>>2920000
Quads confirm.
>>
>>2919990
>>2920000
#REKT
>>
File: ohgollyjeefaggot.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
ohgollyjeefaggot.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
>>2920000

If crying means laying the smack down in your faggot language, then sure.

Take your quads and go back to /v/.
>>
>>2912774
>I'd get the Legacy Collection if it was 5 bucks
>>2912784
>Also fuck Legacy Collection.

I've been playing them on the Anniversary Collection
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.