[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I want to buy a physical copy of this game, is it worth the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: cover_large.jpg (103KB, 600x413px) Image search: [Google]
cover_large.jpg
103KB, 600x413px
If I want to buy a physical copy of this game, is it worth the trouble finding an English PAL copy or should I just grab a repro cart?
>>
>>2912481
>English PAL copy
Highly sought after. You'll be paying through the ass for it.

>repro cart
You might as well buy a random sports game and write "Terranigma" on it with a marker. A friend of mine has a reproduction Mona Lisa that he keeps insisting is just as good as the real thing.
>>
>>2912490
>repro cart
>buy
Just emulate and enjoy.
>>
I've heard some converters have problems with some regional games. Can anyone confirm/deny this?
>>
>>2912545
Yes.
>>
>>2912481
PAL kills Terranigma, the slowdown does not make the game justice. If you're going the repro way (ignore autistic fallacies and delusions like >>2912490), make sure it's NTSC. It really does make a difference.
>>
>>2912624
So what you're saying is the legit PAL copy isn't even worth all the money I could throw at it? That really blows.
>>
>>2912635
plus the pal version has region checks to bypass. best to play it htsc patched with a super everdrive
>>
>>2912481
I just bought an ntsc repro cart.

It has a nice label, looks totally authentic, works like a charm.
>>
>>2912685
What's the shelf life of repro carts compared to legitimate carts do you know?
>>
>>2912796
It should be the same. They just flashed the terranigma data on to some other cart and relabeled it.
>>
>>2912481

>all this hate for repro carts

I have the Super Famicom Dragon Quest games all on SNES repro carts(NTSC) and I really enjoy having them. Don't listen to these haters OP, when you hold a repro cart in your hands its almost like what could have been is in your hands. It's pretty cool
>>
>>2912810
I get it. An everdrive is a great investment, and I'll probably pick one up at some point soon. But I also want some shelf candy. Terranigma is one of those games I want to physically own to go along with Soul Blazer and Illusion of Gaia.
>>
>>2912810
A repro shouldn't cost more then 35 bucks.

So if a PAL-English Terranigma is that much then well... I'd still go with the Repro because PAl is 50hz and NTSC-UC is 60hz
>>
>>2912481
I purchased the Japanese version, and then patched it on the Retron5.
Physical copy, in English... or Japanese!
>>
>>2912635
Well, it's worth it if you're into the physical goodies (box, manual, some regions had guides too) instead of just the game itself. For the game itself yes, the PAL slowdown is bad and it's really noticeable if you get to play it on NTSC.

For many games I get the charm of original releases, but in the specific case of Terranigma, a repro NTSC cart is definitely the way to go if you want to play it at full speed in English.
>>
>>2913038
Not really worth it considering a boxed english copy goes for $1,000+. I'll get a repro copy.

Thanks everyone for the help.
>>
>>2912481
oh this game is one of the most amazing experiences and one of the best snes games ever it certainly is worth it and that soundtrack is haunting
>>
Honestly, the PAL version can be alright if you're playing on a Retron 5. If you want a physical copy for collection purposes, I would suggest getting a foreign language cart. If you want to play on your ntsc SNES though, repro carts are the only way to go.
>>
>repro
It seems like a neat idea until you realize that a rom being flashed to the and putting a newly printed sticker on a Madden game isn't worth the 45-55 dollars being charged by these scam artists making hand over fist. At least with an everdrive you're getting a much wider availability of games to play, fx chips excluded unless you want to pay twice as much.
>>
>>2912803
>same
Not true but a decent repro should last 100 years or so so the difference is irrelevant.
>>
>>2912490
How much is a loose English copy worth?
>>
>>2913014
That's a cool idea. I wanted to patch my pal games with NTSC roms . and get a super Famicom. Since USA SNES.dam ugly
>>
>>2914061
>madden cart
Unless the person making the repro doesn't know to use the right carts for certain games, why does this matter? Legitimate question.
>>
>>2912481
If you want it as a collector item, but a PAL copy. If you want to play, just get a fucking rom and stop being a little bitch.
>>
where do I go after completing the first 5 towers and when he goes 'outside'? i'm lost/confused
>>
>>2914368
Go to the place that looks like a lake in the middle of the map.
>>
>>2914306
>I'm a bitch for wanting a physical copy that isn't over-expensive and works well.
Okay
>>
>>2914457

You aren't. Don't listen to that anon. You're fine for wanting some shelf candy.

At the same time, playing the rom isn't a bad idea or an inferior choice at all.
>>
>>2913014
Did your wife enjoy the game?
>>
>>2914501
No. She lost it.
>>
Just in case anyone's wondering, "Terranigma (E) [f1].smc" in the GoodSNES pack is the one with the NTSC patch
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.