[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's THE best way to play NES/Famicom? A modded AV NES-101

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

What's THE best way to play NES/Famicom?

A modded AV NES-101 or an AV Famicom with converter?
>>
Emulation
>>
>>2910881

RGB modded Top-loader

>>2910976

incorrect
>>
>>2910881

Dendy.
>>
Retron 5, my wives love it
>>
File: me1r_n6amJhRM1XXCP-A4Nw.jpg (6KB, 225x169px) Image search: [Google]
me1r_n6amJhRM1XXCP-A4Nw.jpg
6KB, 225x169px
I snipped the lockout chip on my front loader and got pic related on eBay for about 20 bucks. Works like a charm.
>>
File: img_0.jpg (130KB, 744x526px) Image search: [Google]
img_0.jpg
130KB, 744x526px
>>
Famicom Titler. For those who don't want to spend €1000+, the AV Famicom or Turbo Twin Famicom.
>>
>>2910881
What is "The Retron 5"?

I'll finish out the category with "Things my wife loves" for 1000
>>
>>2910881
Emulator, with PC monitor CRT and sharp-bilinear shader. All the benefits of a CRT with no ugly scanlines or blur, and no annoying 15kHz buzzing sound.
>>
>>2910881
RGB modded AV Famicom with Everdrive N8 Famicom
>>
>>2910976
>>2911521
You emushits disgust me.
>>
>>2910881
The NES doesn't have the sound expansion port that the FC has. If you play something like Akumajou Densetsu on the NES, some of the sounds will be muted. Also, the FCD won't work on the NES, even on a top loader.
>>
Hi! I'm a mormon, and I have 6 wives and they all play the Retron 5 with me!
>>
>>2910881
Or you know you could just play an NES. Literally who fucking cares?
>>
>>2911725
Clearly I do, that's why I asked.
>>
>What's THE best way to play NES/Famicom?

Sitting in front of a crt on the living room floor with a family member or a friend.
>>
Emulation
>>
There is literally no reason to go with an NES over a Famicom... the sound is better on some games, you can play disk system games and you can play weird bootleg stuff without a problem. All you need is an NES to Famicom converter if you want .
>>
>>2912575
You need a separate disk system right, the twin famicom sucks right, what is the highest tier converter if you're gonna be using it heavy
>>
>>2912610
I just use a flashcart.
>>
>>2911525
>RGB modded AV Famicom with Everdrive N8 Famicom
My african
>>
>>2910976
Way to contribute
>>
>>2911725
I care. Why do you have an issue with people wanting to get the most out of their systems?
>>
>>2911442
This by far.
>>
I normally prefer to keep original hardware around, but for NES, I'll say emulation. The hardware is aging and it's going to be difficult to keep it in the pristine, fully working condition I want, so I've decided to let my collection go on eBay and emulate instead.

Plus I never cared for the blurry, artifacted composite + CRT look of 8-bit games. Emulation provides a pixel perfect image.
>>
>>2911525
are you me ?
>>
>>2913751
I know it's your opinion but I strongly disagree.

The Famicom is a fucking tank and is going to outlast all of us here.
>>
>>2910982
To crush your enemies
See them strewn before and hear the lamentations of their women.
>>
>>2913803
amen, I've bought so many shitty famicoms for dirt cheap online and they always, always work. The only thing you can do to fuck them up is use the wrong PSU.
>>
>>2913803
Don't the Famicoms suffer from the same degrading plastic issues the nes/snes do?
>>
>>2911525
>not the original Famicom
>>
>>2913857
The AV is superior in every single way except it doesn't have the shitty microphone on P2 that was used in maybe 5 games (and in Zelda if it detects no mic you can shoot them with arrows like on the NES).
>>
>>2914520
Also pressing select on controller 2 is the same as shouting in the mic.
>>
>>2913848
What do you mean by degrading? They don't get brittle if that's what you're saying. They do get yellow, but what doesn't.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.