[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does pseudosaturn not allow you to play games that need

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

does pseudosaturn not allow you to play games that need the ram from the 4-in-1?
>>
You can use the extra RAM, what you can't use is the memory storage in the cart.
>>
>>2910402
thanks, anon

guess i could've just used one of the other saturn threads but i would've forgotten to check

dear janitor,
you can delete this
>>
>>2910408
You can delete your own threads you know
>>
>>2910517
Not after 10 mins and not before 5.
>>2910369
If you have that gray 4 in 1 action replay with the purple sticker/box, all games work. Except croc, which doesn't even work with a modchip
>>
>>2910679
nobody gives a fuck about croc so it's okay
>>
>>2910679
>Except croc, which doesn't even work with a modchip

This is horse shit. I have it playing on a modchipped machine right next to me.

Just remember that the game shipped with a bug; you need to go into the dashboard and then boot the game, otherwise you'll have missing graphics.
>>
>>2910702
Oh then croc works with the pseudosaturn then, didn't know about the dashboard trick
>>2910681
I give a fuck about croc man.
>>
File: NEfFVUTubcQYjm_1_1.jpg (133KB, 650x645px) Image search: [Google]
NEfFVUTubcQYjm_1_1.jpg
133KB, 650x645px
Is it possible to load pseudo saturn onto an official sega brand memory card? And does anyone know if the carts are region locked? Cheapest carts I can find are japanese.
>>
we have a saturn thread up, you fucking homos. use the catalog

>>>2900410
>>
>>2910827
No and No.
>>
>>2910789
If I recall theres a bug in Croc if you try to run the PAL version on a NTSC console. Works fine with the NTSC version though.
>>
>>2911557
>If I recall theres a bug in Croc if you try to run the PAL version on a NTSC console. Works fine with the NTSC version though.

The pal and ntsc versions had identical discs.
>>
>>2911570
Try it yourself, Croc's model messes up in the PAL version on an NTSC console.
>>
>>2910789
i was just kidding, i loved croc growing up
>>
File: 1401223625831.png (448KB, 496x708px) Image search: [Google]
1401223625831.png
448KB, 496x708px
>internal Saturn memory is dead
>have one official memory cart and one AR 4 in 1
>use 4 in 1 for pseudosaturn and official cart to save
>everytime I want to play imports or backups and save data I need to save to the system, then quickly change carts in order to transfer the data from the system to the official memory cart

I'm afraid this will end up fucking the cart slot. I try to be careful and so far it's working but I've read the cart slot tends to fuck up easily.
>>
>>2911635
>internal Saturn memory is dead

Have you replaced the battery?
>>
>>2911657

I didn't because I've also read these also tend to die quickly over time, and I prefer to keep all my saves on the original memory cartridge which seems like the most faithful, I've already gotten save files die on me on the AR 4 in 1, which is why I didn't hesitate to turn it into a pseudosaturn cart.
But I think I will replace the internal battery, I don't think it will die so quickly and I can just save to the cart every now and then in case the memory eventually dies, without having to constantly change carts every day.
>>
>>2911671
it usually last a couple years for me. just keep spares and move saves when you put in a new one, do it like once every year.
>>
>>2911671
They die if you leave the console unplugged for a few weeks. If it's plugged in it'll last a good few years d00d.
>>
>>2911635
As long as the console remains turned on, the save file will stay there even if the battery is dead. So you can just press reset, and copy the saves from the main menu once you're done playing. That's what I did when using my gameshark to save games which you could only save to the internal memory.
>>
>>2911735
Ive had random experiences with the batteries, some don't last very long while some have lasted forever.
>>
>>2911734
>>2911735

I've decided to replace the battery today, will go to a radioshack or something later. Changing the battery on the Saturn is too easy so I have no excuse.

>>2911754

Yeah, I know, but I need to change carts because the Action Replay can't use the memory manager when it has pseudosaturn, and I need the pseudo to run backups. Also as I said I don't trust the action replay for saving since it has corrupted my file saves once. Now I have an original memory cart, but in order to keep the saves I need to take off the AR once I finish playing, plug in the original memory cart and transfer the saves from the console to the cart. You can even turn the console off and the saves will remain there, not sure how long, I never take more than like 3 seconds swapping carts.
But I really don't want to risk the slot, I'll just buy a battery today and replace it, then transfer the files to the original cart every now and then in case the battery eventually dies.
>>
is it true you don't need a power converter or anything to play japanese saturn on american tv/power?
>>
>>2914767
Yes.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.