[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> ITT: Great games that don't get enough love >

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

> ITT: Great games that don't get enough love

> no meme-games edition

Fans of this game already remember the title screen fanfare music.

https://youtu.be/B70iyYt5kKY
>>
>>2908617
How is anybody supposed to be able to read that?
Nor pronounce it, for that matter.
>>
How about Crystalis?

I think its somewhat more popular on /vr/ but overall man this game is overlooked. Like a much better polished Zelda with light RPG elements and some post-apocalyptic influence in the setting.
>>
>>2909161
If you see they did rewrite it in plain text underneath... in Japan it was called Arabian Dream: Scheherezade.
>>
File: Legacyofthewizard.jpg (29KB, 250x361px) Image search: [Google]
Legacyofthewizard.jpg
29KB, 250x361px
I haven't found many exploration-focused games I've enjoyed as much as Legacy of the Wizard. The dungeon is huge, diverse, and takes some thought to properly navigate.

I'm also surprised at how frequently Solar Jetman is overlooked. It's an incredible game, and I'm not aware of anything else out there much like it.

>>2908617
I've always been a little curious as to why they had both turn-based and action-based combat in The Magic of Scheherazade. I don't think the game suffers for it, I just wonder what exactly the thought process there was.
>>
>>2909214
Maybe to make random rpg battles less tedious...
>>
>>2909180
Crystalis still doesn't get enough love, it's literally better than both Zelda games on the NES.
>>
>>2908617
now that game was great fun
>>
Holy Diver for the Famicom is a great, even though it's difficulty brought me nearly to tears.
>>
>>2908617
>Magic of Scheherazade
This game scared the shit out of me as a kid.
Legit horrifying.
>>
>>2909289
Fighting a squad without having learned the magic attack for them at the college was truly terrifying.

> losing like 30 troops
>>
>>2909439
The sound and art were freaky to me.

Bizarre unsettling enemy designs and ominous/forlorn music a lot of the time.
>>
File: golden axe warrior 4.gif (29KB, 500x192px) Image search: [Google]
golden axe warrior 4.gif
29KB, 500x192px
>>2909259
And while we are at the topic of games being better than Zelda.
Golden Axe Warrior
Golvellius
Both on the Master System. Ofcourse it's easy to improve on the inventor, but that doesn't make these games any less good.
>>
>>2909472
You need to give Hyrule Fantasy credit for the innovation but it begs the question why is it so beloved, when these other games are so much be...

Oh.

> Nintendo
>>
>>2908617

>actually a OP with good taste

you win the cake
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.