[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name me a better wrestling game, I dare you. You can't.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

File: 647281-wcwnworevenge_na.jpg (58KB, 640x447px) Image search: [Google]
647281-wcwnworevenge_na.jpg
58KB, 640x447px
Name me a better wrestling game, I dare you.

You can't.
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 500x346px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 500x346px
>>2907467
>>
>>2907505
Both games are amazingly fun, but this guy nailed it.

/thread
>>
>>2907467
I agree. 4 player wcw/nwo revenge at 12 years old could start nuclear wars. That shit made us MAD. Only the best games would make motherfuckers mad.

>>2907505
Probably the better game but I have a special nostalgic place in my heart for Revenge since it's the one I grew up on. I never played NM.
>>
File: 1447703673779.jpg (84KB, 400x410px) Image search: [Google]
1447703673779.jpg
84KB, 400x410px
>>2907529
Straight up with you on that. We used to watch WCW on Friday nights then hit this shit up and get hyper in the way only a pre pubescent kid can.

>tfw when everyone made AKI Man into Paki Man for casual racism lulz
>>
>>2907505
This.
>>
>>2907550
Never fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.
>>
>>2907557
k
>>
>>2907549
aw man we had the entire roster renamed and dressed in totally retarded colours and what have you. shit was laff.

I feel so bad for selling my customised wcw/nwo revenge. when I was a kid I decided that since the PS2 gen had started and I was leaving to a boarding school that I wouldn't need my N64 stuff anymore. Little did I know that I'd grow up to be a manchild stuck. Like a moron I gave my dad the okay to put the games on sale and sure enough all the best ones were gone, including Revenge and Super Smash Bros. We weren't even poor so it's not like I needed the money. Regrets, oh well.
>>
>>2907569
Damn man, I'm sorry to hear that.
The best thing about the THQ rasslin' games was the customisation IMHO.
I remember borrowing a friends copy of Wrestlemania 2000 and creating an army of morbidly obese Blue Meanies.

Good times.
>>
File: Virtualprowrestling2.jpg (14KB, 200x281px) Image search: [Google]
Virtualprowrestling2.jpg
14KB, 200x281px
>>2907467
>>
>>2907641
oh yeah, i remember the character creator in w2000. shit was ridiculous. i made an op as fuck character, you could assign crazy ko moves like the power bomb even to the weak tap A grapple. Every single one of my characters moves was one of the very best in the game and you didn't even need to strong grapple for them.
>>
ALl the N64 AKI games were great, but why do people think WM2000 or Revenge are the best, when No mercy imptoved on almost every single aspect?
>>
>>2907771
>Moves that target or place head at feet
>Ultimate punching
>Win every match in under a minute
>>
>>2907467
Fire Pro series and this: >>2907505 and probably this: >>2907726
>>
Because the WCW roster is better than the WWF roster.
>>
>>2907467
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsD74mwwdEc
>>
Pretty easy to be the best in a shit genre, gaming and otherwise.
>>
>>2908262
You gonna tell us that wrestling's fake, too?
>>
>>2907467
WM2K/NM literally improved upon WT/R in every way faggot.
>>
>>2907793
cause, revenge sold more copies. in-other-words the autists didn't play the others.
>>
>>2908262
Naw, best genre ever.
>>
>>2908547
WM2000 was the highest seller IIRC.
>>
>>2907467
>>2907505

Both games are great, but WCW was so much better than WWF during that era of wrestling. God, it was amazing!
>>
File: 37268_front.jpg (96KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
37268_front.jpg
96KB, 640x640px
Zen-Nippon Pro Wrestling
>>
>>2907467
I grew up with this game, and it has aged fairly well, the gameplay is still super fun.

>>2907505
I didn't grow up with this game and the first time playing it I was 22 or 23. I own both games for my N64 and No Mercy is objectively the better game, even though I prefer the WCW roster (gotta have Sting).
>>
Not /vr/ but Fire Pro Returns is the best wrasslin' game desu
>>
>>2909405
Too bad there's no mod to combine all of the rosters of all of the games. I'd play the hell out of WCW vs. WWF: Millennium Madness
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88XnUHAX5-o

Posted this in a wrestling thread a few weeks back, but man, the opening video to WCW/nWo Revenge is the hypest thing ever. Makes it seem like it has a story or something.
>>
>>2909419
Yeah if it's one thing the game has over the WWF games is they're not even as close to epic as the intro.
>>
>>2909405
Well it's all based on opinion anyway
WWF No Mercy was amazing though
>>
>>2907467
done
>>
>>2907467
That box art still cracks me up. Hogan. Nash. Goldberg. RAVEN (???)
>>
>>2909419
I guess that during development the programmers were basing the game on the Sting v Hogan feud with the Stinger getting his "Revenge" on the nWo and winning back the title. But by the time of release sting was red n black, Goldberg was being heavily pushed as WCW's hope for the belt and the "Revenge" title lost some of its meaning.
I think that it is evident in the cover as Sting is nowhere to be seen and they hastily mashed up a cover with the (then) current stables; the 2 nwo's (Hogan. Nash), The Flock (Raven) and WCW(Goldberg).
As opposed to the game intro that revolves around Hogan v Sting!

>>2910695
US champ and had his own stable at the time, he had hardcore cred as the ex ECW champion who came to WCW.
I really liked Raven and they were pushing him for a while but then really misused him and his gimmick and let him fade away. Just what WCW sadly did with so much of their young talent.
WTF ever happened to Billy Kidman?
>>
>>2910675
No.

Even if you posted the ACTUAL arcade game, no.
>>
>>2908645
>WM2000 was the highest seller IIRC.
and if memory serves me correct, you're a retard

WCW/nWo Revenge 2.38 million
WCW vs. nWo: World Tour 1.69 million
WWF No Mercy 1.5 million
WWF WrestleMania 2000 1.48 million
>>
DIG DIG DIGGITY DOG
>>
>>2910741
>even World Tour sold more than No Mercy

WWF BTFO
>>
>>2907505
>winning womens title with undertaker

The previous game was my childhood, i loved it. Pic related.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (192KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
192KB, 1024x768px
You will never experience standing with three other guys, smacking buttons in the arcade on this bad boy...taking Ultimate Warrior, destroying THREE low-health opponents with a flying clothesline.
>>
>>2910716
>WTF ever happened to Billy Kidman?

He went to WWF and they quickly realized he has the charisma and mic skills of a damp towel.
>>
>>2910784
Don't forget to bring a towel.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.