[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: logo.png (18KB, 593x381px) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
18KB, 593x381px
Thoughts?
>>
game was hard as fuck as a kid, never beat it

and now the color palette makes me wanna throw up so i never play it
>>
One of the best Treasure games.
>>
>>2907371
Liked it a lot as a kid, but never beat it because it's fucking hard. The only thing that makes it more difficult than a typical platformer however, is the fact that AFAIK there are no continues.
>>
Underrated game compared to other Treasure games
>>
>>2907421
This isn't a McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure thread though.
>>
>>2907421

What.

Dynamite Headdy is pretty well known and was advertised a lot back in the day, I remember getting a Sega VHS with a magazine in the 90s and that's how I first knew about it.

Gunstar Heroes and Dynamite Headdy are 2 of the most famous Treasure titles.

Actual underrated Treasure game is Yu Yu Hakusho Makyō Tōitsusen. Or rather than underrated, it was only released in Japan and Brazil, and maybe Yu Yu Hakusho isn't as popular as other anime in the west (except in brazil), but that game is fucking awesome.
>>
>>2907371
Would it have been THAT hard to keep the goddamn plot in?

Then again there is a patch for the JP rom that restores it.
>>
>>2907405
There are continues. You earn them by collecting the pieces after you beat a boss.

I think the Japanese version starts you off with continues. It's easier overall than the western release.
>>
Awesome platformer. I'd take it over the sonic games any day. Kinda wish it had infinite continues though.
>>
File: dynamiteheaddyj.jpg (149KB, 757x482px) Image search: [Google]
dynamiteheaddyj.jpg
149KB, 757x482px
>>2907371
sequel using claymation graphics please.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKUbwz5WuDI
>>
>>2907440
yes you said it, "back in the day". Back in the day, not many people played it actually despite the marketing push, and eventually fell out of flavor for guys looking back to treasure titles. Most of them will tell you about Gunstar, the shmups, Guardian heroes or S&P. Even Alien Soldier (which I love) gets more love than Dynamite nowadays.
>>
>>2907646

I dunno, I still see people mentioning Headdy often when talking Treasure, while Yu Yu Hakusho or Light Crusader are the more obscure ones.

I don't think there's a certain way to measure how much love this or that game gets, but yeah I still see people talking about Headdy, it was also re-released on virtual console, etc.
>>
>>2907371
Better than Sonic
>>
File: chara6.jpg (24KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
chara6.jpg
24KB, 200x200px
>>2907371
>>
File: chara8.jpg (78KB, 240x250px) Image search: [Google]
chara8.jpg
78KB, 240x250px
>>2908201
>>
>>2907371
It's a good.
>>
>>2907371
Get the Japanese rom and apply the translation patch
>>
Possibly one the best platform game ever made.
>>
>>2907371
Cool concept, well-made game, tight gameplay mechanics, colorful and vibrant graphics, hard as fuck. I actually never played it until about 3 years ago when my friend suggested I look it up. Found it for about $5 and have had fun with it. Still haven't beaten it.
>>
>>2907371
I've always wanted to like it, but it's way too difficult. There isn't even time to get used to the physics before you're thrown in the deep end.
>>
>>2907440
Dude is right, it's underrated not unknown.
>>
Always have the inclination to point this out when people talk about Ristar (which for some unknown reason has some devout fandom) and say- "See? This how you make Ristar not boring."
>>
wiggity woop
>>
>>2910692

How do you measure what's underrated and what isn't?
It always got good reviews, both on original release date and when it got re-released on VC, etc.
>>
>>2910750
I never thought about it but a Ristar/Headdy combo type game would be really good.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.