[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best retro Star Wars game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 12

Best retro Star Wars game?
>>
File: dsc00386.jpg (105KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
dsc00386.jpg
105KB, 600x800px
Star Wars Trilogy arcade is the king if you ask me

Also:

The Super Star Wars games
Rogue Squadron
Pod Racer
X-Wing/Tie Fighter

there's quite a few good retro Star Wars games now that I think about it
>>
>>2906707

Tie Fighter or Dark Forces 2.
>>
>>2906707
Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight

Accept no substitutes.
>>
File: SOTE.jpg (72KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
SOTE.jpg
72KB, 640x480px
>>2906707
>>
>>2906720
Mysteries of the Sith is very underrated
>>
>>2906742
lol no. Its a good game imo but its nowhere near the best its not even as good as dark forces
>>
>>2906707
Jedi Power-Megassa-Fucking Battles.
>>
I prefer Dark Forces 1 over 2
But I guess that the second one was more memorable with the boss fights and the falling ship
>>
Tie Fighter
>>
Someone tell me Jedi Power Battles for the Dreamcast is good.

Also I noticed I have Rogue Squadron in my N64 collection.

Anyway, Episode I Racer.
>>
File: SWSotE_(Skyhook_Battle).jpg (6KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
SWSotE_(Skyhook_Battle).jpg
6KB, 320x240px
>>2906742

Battle of Hoth and Skyhook Battle were 10/10 stages.

The on-foot levels were hit and miss, I actually really like the 2nd level on your pic, it has a great atmosphere and good level design, fun enemies too. Some others drag on a bit too much and aren't as exciting (the level before Xizor's Palace, the level where you face Bobba, etc).
>>
>>2906742
This game is godawful. I remember renting it once and laughing at how bad it was.
>>
>>2907274
Normie pls go
>>
>>2906772
Mysteries of the Sith is pretty awful. Just re-used assets from Dark Forces II, with very little added and an almost non-existent plot. That hidden Bespin level makes me wonder why they didn't just recreate more scenes from the trilogy and have that as an expansion pack instead. Would have been much better.
>>
>>2907187
>Someone tell me Jedi Power Battles for the Dreamcast is good.
I really enjoy it. Thought it was a great game. I especially liked that you could skip most of the enemies, but you'd only get upgrades at the end of the level by getting a certain number of points from items and killing enemies. Also, all those unlockable characters and levels, not to mention unlike the PS1 version you can actually play as Darth Maul with his double-bladed lightsaber. For some reason it's getting a bad rap nowadays, but even now I still think its quite good.
>>
How is SW Bounty Hunter?
>>
>>2906707
star wars jedi power battles, and phantom menace, demolition.
>>
Episode 1 Racer will always be the greatest racing game for me. So much fun playing that.
>>
R O G U E
S Q U A D R O N
wheres our cover?!
>>
>there are people in this thread not playing the X-Wing series RIGHT NOW
>>
>>2906742

is this what the SJW sith-jedi warrior every now and then people complain about in /vr/ ? and why does it influence games till this day so much?
>>
>>2907406
true dat.
>>
File: starwars_d.jpg (19KB, 600x421px) Image search: [Google]
starwars_d.jpg
19KB, 600x421px
Star wars arcade cabinet of course. Great vector graphics, digitised voices, sit down cabinet controls... What is not to love?

Otherwise, tie fighter?
>>
Just barely not retro, but Rouge Squadron 2 is probably what I spent the most time with besides Battlefront 2
>>
>>2907365
not retro and pretty average

it had a cool commercial though
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPMbYFThBxo
>>
>>2906742
Don't get the hate. I loved this game
>>
>>2906707
Super Star Wars is p tite, best one is probably return of the jedi
>>
>>2910376
>playing SW movie games

check out lego's phanton menace
>>
>>2909941
RS2 is totally retro.
>>
File: podracer.jpg (44KB, 640x443px) Image search: [Google]
podracer.jpg
44KB, 640x443px
>>2906707
IT'S A NEW LAP RECOOOORD
>>
>>2907274
You never rented it, you probably haven't even played it.

If you had actually played it upon its release you would have been impressed and entertained by it.

Go shitpost somewhere else
>>
>>2907365
Loved it when it came out but you could tell something seemed to be missing.

It had a cool identification system and it was fun finding the bounties and figuring out how to take them out.

Kind of like an unpolished, less interactive Hitman in space
>>
>>2911059
>gamecube
>retro
>>
File: full20040610081344.jpg (163KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
full20040610081344.jpg
163KB, 640x480px
I have a fondness for this.
>>
>>2909679
I'm planning on playing it once I but an xbox controller

I had X-wing VS Tie Fighter when I was a kid. I remember it being kind of sandbox-like? Like I remember just a list of missions, but there wasn't a story mode or anything.
>>
Not as old as some games here, but for me it will always be Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast. Also, I have to mention Star Wars The Phantom Menace game. I know popular opinion is bad and game is nothing special in reality, but it's what introduced me to Star Wars basically.
>>
>>2909941
rouge? don't you mean rogue?
>>
File: super_star_wars_box_art.jpg (29KB, 400x277px) Image search: [Google]
super_star_wars_box_art.jpg
29KB, 400x277px
It's kind of amazing how many great Star Wars games there have been, considering how hit and miss most licensed games are.
>>
>>2911691
I fucking loved that game. The buildings were ridiculously tough compared with Age of Mythology, though.
>>
>>2911701
No bats allowed.
>>
>>2906720
The Dark Forces/Jedi Knight games are all pretty damn fun.

I liked Jedi Outcast the most though.
>>
File: TIE starships.jpg (263KB, 1780x1040px) Image search: [Google]
TIE starships.jpg
263KB, 1780x1040px
There was a game I had for PC, trying to remember the name - you could choose which ship you played as and you could fly around doing stuff in space. There was an energy bar, and Tie fighters could disable weapons instead of just damaging the enemy ship. There was a wide range fo ships you could fly, too - I seem to remember B-wings and Tie Defenders.
>>
>>2911693
that was more oriented on multiplayer.

play x-wing or just tie fighter
>>
File: Star_Wars_NES.png (4KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Star_Wars_NES.png
4KB, 256x224px
I had a lot of fun with this one. Hard as hell in a few places. Kind of a strange game overall though.
>>
>>2911708
I remember wondering why Han Solo had a lightsaber in that pic when I got this game
>>
>>2910065
hey the atari 2600 versions are actually surprisingly competent?

I played the Atari ST version tho:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls2-5O_avFQ
>>
>>2913686
Saw this at the side of this video. I had this one too. Holy shit though the music at the start begins as the proper music but faster then goes into an awesome sort of dance mix or something.

Escaping the death star as lando also class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMUfymfiR3A
>>
>>2913097
I had Empire Strikes Back on the NES. I remember it was unforgiving and hard as balls most of the way through.
>>
File: x.jpg (22KB, 200x284px) Image search: [Google]
x.jpg
22KB, 200x284px
>>2912979
Maybe you're talking about X-Wing Alliance?
A game worth mentioning in this thread. Actually I'm playing it recently. Even bought a new joystick few days ago.
>>
There were also 2 good freeware games by Bruno R. Marcos: Battle of Yavin and Battle of Endor. Here.
http://bruno-r-marcos.software.informer.com/
>>
Did the Project 64 guys ever get Rogue Squadron to work properly, or is it still in limbo?
>>
>>2911150
Boozie Baranta's course is a pain in the ass but I beat it.
>>
File: Kyle_400x400.jpg (25KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Kyle_400x400.jpg
25KB, 400x400px
ma nigga
>>
>>2907343
The lyrics on Final Battle are hilarious
>>
>>2913686
I don't think it's the 2600 version in the commercial
>>
>>2913097
>>2914559
Both extremely hard but wonderful
>>
>>2911708
Considering LucasArts existed under LucasFilm, most likely they were in the know about who were the best people to hand over the license.

Of course, nowadays it's Disney.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.