[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Retro and border line retro recommendations for some games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 6

File: gog.png (94KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
gog.png
94KB, 800x800px
Retro and border line retro recommendations for some games to get off GOG?
>>
Anybody?
>>
Unreal Tournaments
Quakes
Judge Dredd
Retro City Rampage
Elder Scrolls
Sam & Max Hit the Road
SimCity 2000
>>
File: gog.png (931KB, 1954x958px) Image search: [Google]
gog.png
931KB, 1954x958px
here is my library,just ignore what isn't /vr/
>>
Is the gog client available for Linux ?
>>
Pretty much every game on gog is the best version of that game available so I would say anything you are interested in

i recommend Warsow for a FOSS arena shooter
>>
>>2907030
oh, except the original rayman. i don't know if they fixed it or whatever but supposedly the gog version is missing music among other things
>>
>>2906338
You can get all Ys game remakes for PC there. That's border line retro and highly recommended.

Also this >>2906461
>>
Heroes of Might & Magic 2 and 3
>>
>>2906568
>Syndicate Wars but no original Syndicate
>Syndicate shows up at the very end
>>
>>2907030
That's mostly true, but GOG still hasn't fixed Myst and Riven.
>>
>>2906461
Judge Dredd the FPS is actually pretty shit though. It plays like a clunky console shooter.
>>
>>2907030
Not everything, sadly. They give you the DOS version of Cannon Fodder instead of the Amiga version.
>>
Legacy of Kain
>>
>>2906338
Crusader No Remorse.
>>
>>2906338
Master of Orion 1 and 2.
>>
Silver
>>
The Wizardry games are pretty good, 8 especially.
>>
File: GOG Library.png (2MB, 3144x3504px) Image search: [Google]
GOG Library.png
2MB, 3144x3504px
>>2906568
Hello fellow GOG-bro.
>>
>>2906338
>to get off GOG?
Just emulate. I don't want to start seeing Steam and Gog or whatever the fuck else the kids are into these days shit advertising threads shitting up this place, when all of /vr/ is easily, freely available via emulation.
>>
>>2909456
I don't want to pirate games.
>>
>>2909456
Pushing your own piracy agenda is no better.
>>
>>2909456
Both of those services sell the games for practically nothing. Just how destitute are you that you'll pirate something that costs a dollar?
>>
>>2909456
This is the attitude that is not only holding emulation back, but also holding back digital archiving. Because legislators point to people like you whenever archival reform is brought up.
>>
File: gillian_8.jpg (11KB, 175x157px) Image search: [Google]
gillian_8.jpg
11KB, 175x157px
>>2910414
>actually making insightful statements on 4chan
Why can't this happen more often?
>>
>>2909303
Holy fuck dude.

How many of those have you gotten more than halfway through?

I have like 30 gameboy games that I feel bad about not even getting past the second level.
>>
>>2910414
>moooom it's not pirating it's digital archival!
yeah no, cry some more, copyrights don't run out until 70 years
>>
>>2910735
You really didn't understand what he was saying, did you?
>>
>>2910850
And I don't care, to be honest, I'm a shameless thief. You still sound like a faggot hipster anyway.
>>
>>2910857

Better than sounding like a fucking douche, and I'm as pro-piracy as they come.
>>
Thief Gold
Thief 2
Baldur's Gate
Baldur's Gate 2
Deus Ex
Zeus and Poseidon
Dark Reign
Pharaoh Gold
Grim Fandango
Neverwinter Nights Diamond
Planescape Torment
Rainbow Six
>>
File: 1452389864669.jpg (136KB, 970x546px) Image search: [Google]
1452389864669.jpg
136KB, 970x546px
>>2907030
>TF2 clone
>>
>>2910727
Most of them, honestly. The list has maybe ten titles that GOG gave away free through some promotion or another that I'm not interested in playing and most of the building games (Capitalism, Banished, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Tropico, etc.) are actually my wife's games. But the remaining 80 or so? Played.
>>
>>2906338
>Slavs
Why u hatred for the SteamOS of freedomz?
>>
>supporting slavshits that do censorship (Hatred)
>funding CDprojektRed (who false advertise)
>paying for pirate-cracks of old games

OP, stop being part of the cancer and obtain games that aren't tied to a distribution service.
>>
>>2913331
>obtain games that aren't tied to a distribution service
You mean like gog.com releases? It's not Steam, you can download everything with no DRM.
>>
>>2913331
Pretty sure the games are DRM free and I'm not hunting down used copies of these games. Not interested in pirating.
>>
>>2913331

What false advertise? They promised the best RPG ever and they delivered
>>
>>2913331
Anon, stop parroting /v/
>>
honestly with the recent winter sale on steam,

I'm thinking of just going dedicated Gog. Since they tend to get new PC releases anyways.

HoMM
Settlers
Jagged Alliance
Incubation
XCom stuff
DnD rpgs
Final Liberation
Choas Gate
>>
>>2907061
These
>>
>>2913331
>>2913343
>>2913348
>Not pirating GOG versions of games.
Why are u a commie russian lover?
>>
>>2911610
many gog and steam games run on linux
>>
>>2907030
Nope. The best official version of Jagged Alliance 2 is Talonsoft-published version 1.07. But GOG has the JA2 Gold version and to add a fuck you, it's not even a clean install and has saved options settings. Fucking unprofessional.
>>
>>2907030
Also, their version of Heroes of Might & Magic 2 is NOT the best version. The best version is the Compendium version.
>>
>>2913348
>I'd rather give my money to shady yuropoors than just play games for free
Moralfags are cute.
>>
>>2913385
More like they showed us Witcher 3 with amazing graphics and then later gave us Witcher 3 with shit console-tier graphics.
>>
>>2909507
What about games from defunct companies? If I can't give the original devs or at least publisher what I'm paying for it then what's the point? Why should I support GoG at all?
>>
>paying for abandonware
o i am laffin
>>
>>2914412
By your definition, Grand Theft Auto V is abandonware.
>>
>>2914423
Except not really.
>>
>>2914437
Old GOG games are legally sold by their owners. GTA5 is legally sold by its owner. No difference.
>>
>>2914442
Cool generalization, but you're still wrong.

A lot of GOG games are renewed by different IP holders, so the original staff don't see a penny of the games sold via GOG.
>>
>>2914521
>I don't care who legally owns a game
>If I wants it I takes it
Thieving faggot.
>>
>>2915390
You can't steal 1's and 0's, dumbass.
>>
>>2915408
>Getting a product without payment
>"It's okay because I'm a special snowflake!"
>>
>>2915417
>giving money to people who had nothing to do with working on the game you are paying for
>>
I've gotten a copy of Giants: Citizen Kabuto. It's a fun shooter. I haven't played a shooter in a while so I kept getting lost with the setting and the jetpack landing.

Also, I recommend Dungeon Keeper: Gold and Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 or 2.
>>
>>2910986
>tf2 clone
what? this came out before tf2, and its imitating cpma anyways
>>
>>2915427
>do you make these cars here at the dealership?
>>no
>so you didn't work on the car at all?
>>no
>*steals*
>>
>>2915427
Are you trying to say publishers don't get any money from those sales? Because they do.

Or maybe you're trying to say that publishers aren't part of making games, which is even worse.

Anyway by your logic you wouldn't buy ANY physical retro game either. At least with digital ones publishers get a share, while with physical ones it really is random people.
>>
>>2906651
lgogdownloader man.
Do you even CLI?
>>
>>2916138

Publishers are fucking cancer and defending them is the most reliable metric I have that you are a universally goddamn terrible excuse for a human being.
>>
>>2916138
Both buying digital and physical is bad. You should pirate the ROMs and then donate to the developers directly if you actually gave a shit about supporting videogames in a non-harmful way.
>>
>>2916131
>*action*
kill yourself, underage retard
>>
>>2917803

Which I would do if I weren't convinced they'd turn me into the Copyright Czar (we have one of those now, in the USA). The publishing industry has half of them dead convinced that the horrible heartless pirates are stealing money directly out of the mouths of their toddlers and want to see them destitute while their wives perform tricks on a city corner to pay the bills. The narrative is that lopsided now.
>>
>>2914521

He's not wrong though. He said owners not original owners. Developers are usually already paid after the game is made with very little royalties, 90% of the games you bought probably went into a publisher's pocket unless it was an indie game or a very rare Doom affair.

Paying for a game just means that you have official access for it and that you're just voting for something like it to exist again. Highly unlikely but there is something to gain for paying for a service. What's nice about GOG is that they package the games to be ready to play on newer machines along with instruction manual pdfs and a decent installer. If you pirate ANY of the games on there, chances are you'll be getting a gog package anyway.
>>
>>2906338

Albion
Anachronox
Avernum series
Darklands (from hearsay, haven't played it myself)
Dungeon Keeper
Fantasy General
Final Liberation
Lands of Lore
Little Big Adventure
Magic Carpet
Master of Orion
Quest for Glory
Rollercoaster Tycoon
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
Space Quest
Star Control 2
>>
>>2907156
What are you talking about? He does have Syndicate Plus as well. And it's ordered alphabetically.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.