[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was your first video game? Pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 14

File: 1991.jpg (90KB, 960x654px) Image search: [Google]
1991.jpg
90KB, 960x654px
What was your first video game?

Pic related
>>
Minecraft
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willy_the_Worm

Played on a 286
>>
I'm pretty sure mine was a Donkey Kong arcade game at CB and Potts. The first game I owned though was Pokemon Crystal.
>>
The first game I played I dont really remember, but the first I own was Pokemon Yellow
>>
Duck Hunt. Shit Was cash
>>
My first memorable game was Shadow Dancer secrets of the shinobi for genesis
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml3mWHnTd1A
No, it's not the original pacman.
It ran faster on my computer, though.
>>
Cant remember, my earliest memories are NES games like tetris, mario, paperboy, rad racer
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (83KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
83KB, 1280x720px
VTech Socrates. Pic related
>>
Wonder Boy was my first home console game, I think Pac Man was the first video game I played.
>>
The first games I remember playing was Pac man and dodge 'em for the 2600. I'm old.
>>
Not 100% on the first game, but the first console I touched was a 2600. Could have been that poor Pac-man port, that awful E.T. game, Indy 500, Burgertime, Pitfall, or Cops and Robbers, I don't remember.
>>
The very first one I can remember is X-Rally at a huge furniture store. They also had Revenge of Shinobi and one or two cabinets.
>>
Rally-X*. I only found out the name years later, was better playing two player with my sister.
>>
First game I owned?

SMB/Duck Cunt and Ghouls and Ghosts for the NES, in 1989.

This was the commercial I saw that made me throw a fit for my dad to buy an NES.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFRPrqgGA_M

I vaguely remember playing some Galaga at a pizza place we always went to before that though.
>>
Resident Evil on my dad's PSX after that he got me to play FF7
Good dad/10
>>
File: spaceinvaders_a.jpg (43KB, 467x798px) Image search: [Google]
spaceinvaders_a.jpg
43KB, 467x798px
>>2904197
Space Invaders.

I remember this artwork in particular as the creatures used to spook me as a child. I was about 5 or so.
>>
Aladdin or God of Thunder
>>
>>2904197
Homm2, XCOM TFTD
(i'm a newfag)
>>
>>2904197
megaman x, super mario world, final fantasy mystic quest (or as I called it, "the easy knight game") (as opposed to "the hard knight game" being super ghoul's n' ghosts)

I remember hasbro interactive games too, putt putt, pajama sam, etc

Dad would play text-based mmos he helped write. Sometimes I would draw his map for him on graph paper.

Got my first taste of doom and quake at the tender age of 6. Then columbine happened and I was without violent games from age 7-12, then I finally got my hands on gta San Andreas for the pc. Stayed up all hours of the night adding texture mods and gunning down hookers my mom eventually stopped caring. The xbox 360 was launched and I eventually got one in fall 2007 with bioshock and halo 3. Good times.
>>
>>2904625
Damn son, you started off with amazing games and then went to shit ones.
>>
File: returnofarcade.jpg (63KB, 427x500px) Image search: [Google]
returnofarcade.jpg
63KB, 427x500px
Starting my lifelong love of arcade games.
>>
Sonic 1 at an acquaintance's, then my parents got me this, making Sonic 2 my first played, (and beat) game.
>>
First games I remember playing were on tge NES display at the Sears where my mom worked. It was like a free Play 10 without the cabinet and when it was slow the electronics department guys would shut off the 60 reset timer for me.

>Pro Wrestling
>SMB
>Legend of Zelda
>Metroid

The first I remember absolutely loving was Castlevania, on a real Play 10 this time at the Pizza Hut up the street where we'd eat once a week.
>>
File: guybrush.jpg (38KB, 400x243px) Image search: [Google]
guybrush.jpg
38KB, 400x243px
Monkey Island 1
>>
File: 961599-galaga_success.jpg (164KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
961599-galaga_success.jpg
164KB, 768x1024px
1987. While my family was bowling I would play this baby. First game ever.
First console game was smb1/duck hunt. I played duck hunt from 8am til 7pm that christmas. Sorry for the blog.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (135KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
135KB, 1280x720px
>>
Oldest one I can recall is Yars' Revenge, because my grandfather played it a lot when I was a kid. Even though he played a bunch of Atari games, he never touched anything from the NES onward.
>>
>>2904275
MY NIGGA

loved that shit growing up. one time my sister had a seizure while i was playing it. earliest memory of being around someone that needed 911 called.
>>
File: IMG_20160106_134704.jpg (691KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160106_134704.jpg
691KB, 2048x1536px
First video game i played: New Rally X
First game i owned: Missile command
>>
>>2904197
pong on a black n white tv.
>>
>>2904197
Sonic 1.
>>
Colgate or Prehistoric 2 for DOS
good times
>>
File: Super_Cauldron_012.png (8KB, 320x256px) Image search: [Google]
Super_Cauldron_012.png
8KB, 320x256px
>>2904197
The Amiga 1200. Came with pic related and GotSF.
>>
Kirby on the NES.
>>
I remember my grandparents having a colecovision that i used to play all the time when I was 4. Shit was fun.
>>
>>2905219
>Commander Keen
>>
File: Alleycat.png (2KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
Alleycat.png
2KB, 320x200px
Earliest one I recall

>LOVE THEM MOUSIES
>>
>>2906038
lol okay grandpa
>>
>>2904197
One without video.
>>
Space Harrier for sms in 1993
>>
>>2904197
Carmageddon.
I played some stuff on my brothers megadrive but Carmageddon is the first strong memory of playing a game I have.
I'm only 21 [/spoilers]
>>
>>2904197
Probably some edutainment game on PC.
>>
I found my older brother's Atari 2600 in a drawer in my parents' room and he helped me hook it up when he was home from college. My parents wouldn't buy me video games at the time, so my first console experience was with the 2600 in like 1993. I've been a /vr/ gamer for my whole life, no regrets.
>>
Wizards and Warriors
>>
>>2905695
hi gramps
>>
my brother got me to play gauntlet in the arcade. It was like starring at ancient hieroglyphics. No idea whats going on. I still remember that feeling.
>>
File: alex kidd in miracle world.jpg (101KB, 845x476px) Image search: [Google]
alex kidd in miracle world.jpg
101KB, 845x476px
huehuehue
>>
Willow for the NES
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.