[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starwing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: pochette_starwing-1.jpg (67KB, 512x352px) Image search: [Google]
pochette_starwing-1.jpg
67KB, 512x352px
You will never play the first console/Nintendo polygonal 3D game for the first time ever again

You will never fly with your pet bros and save Slippy's stupid ass for the first time again

You will never destroy the multi-layered boss's ass and then shoot the credits up for the first time ever again

I don't even get how anyone could live with themselves if they didn't live through the experience of playing this as their first 3D game, it was one of the real few milestones in vidya

;_;
>>
Well mine was the Megadrive port of Hard Drivin. It had a barn. And a bridge.
>>
>PAL Starfox

Ooooh boy, I dont want to imagine the framerate on that version.
>>
I was playing X-Wing on PC long before Starfox came out. While I acknowledged it was an impressive showcase of the Super NES's capabilities, I never got that WOW-factor from it because I had already seen plenty of low-polygonal starfighters.
>>
I bet PAL Starfox runs at a cinematic 10fps.
>>
>>2903359
>it was an impressive showcase of the Super NES's capabilities
It was an impressive showcase of the SuperFX chip capabilities.
It runs despite SNES hardware.
>>
>>2903359
>it was one of the real few milestones in vidya
There were plenty of 3D games before it and they all ran at more than 5 frames per second
>>
>>2903387
It played on the same framerate as the American and the Japanese versions. Granted, it ran on 18 fps but still.
>>
>>2903465
So it wasn't worse? Well, good to know they didn't give PAL landers short shrift.
>>
>>2903437
not on home consoles there weren't

sure it wasn't the first 3D polygonal game ever, but it was the first Nintendo one and I'm pretty sure the first console one
>>
>>2903478
>the first console one
nopes
>>
>>2903481
So what was?
>>
>>2903485
no idea and to tell you the truth I don't really care, but >>2903382 for example came out 3 years before
>>
>>2903494
But that was total shit so it doesn't really count
>>
Really OP, you're slightly overselling the whole "IT WERE TEH REVOLUSHUNZ!!!!11" angle a bit. It was a first for the SNES, not the industry as a whole.

>>2903387
>>2903393
>>2903423
>>2903434
>>2903437
>>2903465

All of these anons are bringing up valid points in their own way.

To whatever degree, the SFX chip was still doing most of the heavy lifting, not the SNES. So you really can't say it showcased the abilities of the console; it's a cartridge add-on chip. Been done since the earliest days of vidya. Then of course there's the fact that the SFX I (ironically almost the only version used) had a hardware bug that underclocked it, meaning it wasn't even performing up to its own potential, never mind showing up other platforms. Finally, there's the fact that I personally never found Starfox to be much fun. The N64 version was better, sorry to rain on your parade.
>>
>>2903503
>you're slightly overselling the whole "IT WERE TEH REVOLUSHUNZ!!!!11" angle a bit.
I think you're missing the point of the thread but okay whatever
>>
>>2903513

Please enlighten me.
>>
>>2903517
Just reminiscing on my youth on a friday night
>>
>>2903502
But you were asking for a first, not a first good one. When you're dealing with primitive tecnology 3 years can be a really long time.

Also maybe it's the nostalgia talking but I don't think it was even that bad, just boring because it tried to be a legit driving simulator way too hard.
>>
>>2903523

Oh. It didn't come off that way at all. Shit, please continue. I don't begrudge anyone that right.

Been dealing with /v/ trolls too fuckin' long.... 0-0
>>
>>2903535
>Been dealing with /v/ trolls too fuckin' long.... 0-0

Homie, you win by staying away not by confronting. It's not that hard and it's a lot more rewarding.
>>
>>2903359
>starwing
what kind of yuropoor trash is this? Some kind of cheap knock off of StarFox?
>>
>>2903546
shit nigga, you're late as fuck, been waiting for you since posting the thread
>>
>>2903527
I suppose we can find an earlier example of polygonal game on consoles, maybe some aviasim on 7800?
>>
>>2903359
What about the original game that inspired Star Fox, X?
I'm fucking impressed that they managed to do polygonal graphics on a DMG gameboy, let alone without a SFX-like coprocessor.
>>
>>2903423
No, it just runs slower with a squashed picture, it maintains the same framerate as the Japanese version.
>>
>>2903359
>it was one of the real few milestones in vidya

Only on consoles, at best.
>>
File: 1452216732868.jpg (64KB, 306x384px) Image search: [Google]
1452216732868.jpg
64KB, 306x384px
>>2903359
Ahem. Not even sure if this was the first 3d console game, but definitely predates Starwing by a year on much less beefy hardware. Granted it's wireframe and not filled polygons, but that's somewhat minor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyjU4MtonZM

Plus there's already a thread on it.

Anyway, I remember Starfox back when it was in every single demo station of every video game store back in 93. Pants were indeed pooped, although I never owned it.
>>
>>2903542

Oh, I didn't mean "dealing with" in the "Imma skool u, bitch!" way. I just meant that sometimes it's hard to tell "nutty /vr/" from "normal /vr/" from "/v/ troll starting topic disguised as nutty /vr/". Difficult to know when to lower your defenses and give people the benefit of the doubt.
>>
File: 1405038795626.jpg (620KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1405038795626.jpg
620KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>2903359
>playing this as their first 3D game,

My first 3D game was Wolfenstein 3-D

Starfox was fun as hell, but Silpheed for Sega CD blew it the fuck out
>>
>>2903842

Silpheed is in my pending pile. Looked fucking amazing and I normally hate shooters.
>>
>starwing
WHAT ARE YOU SOME KIND OF FAGGOT?
>>
>>2903523
>/vr/ in a nutshell

maxium autism achieved, stop reminiscing 'on' your youth, the jizz-stains will lower the value of the game
jeez louise, this place really is full of retards
>>
File: tumblr_m06983VxaE1qd4q8ao1_1280.jpg (626KB, 1280x1710px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m06983VxaE1qd4q8ao1_1280.jpg
626KB, 1280x1710px
OP, my best friend and I would read this issue of GamePro at elementary school recess. Ah, memories.
>>
File: 4e7.png (78KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
4e7.png
78KB, 625x626px
>>2904145
>>
>>2903842
>Starfox was fun as hell, but Silpheed for Sega CD blew it the fuck out
They're not even alike, retard. Silpheed is more of a top-down shooter with some stupid 3D background crap going on
>>
>>2906892
Do us all a favor and kill your fucking self you goddamn piece of shit.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.