[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Demo Discs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: PSPicks--article_image.jpg (21KB, 408x400px) Image search: [Google]
PSPicks--article_image.jpg
21KB, 408x400px
So a friend of mine just did a video about a playstation demo disc and it got me thinking about how amazing they are.

Its like you can get a taste of lots of games really easily in a time when you didn't have the internet or money to buy games.

They are not really a thing anymore, do people even make demos?

so what demo discs do you remember having?

heres his vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE-jxEv0PVg

I remember having one from (I think) burger king or maybe it was pizza hut. didn't burger king used to put CD's in kids meals? music etc
>>
>>2901361
I had probably a half dozen demo discs from "Playstation Jampacked." I think they came with a gaming magazine, maybe the playstation magazine.

They were phenomenal. One of them had the first level of Parappa the Rapper in its entirety. Another had Metal Gear Solid playable until you get to the DARPA chief. Spyro, Crash Team Racing. Ape Escape. Kagero: Deception II (great game). Lots of good games that I played quite a bit were from demo discs.
>>
>>2901361
> do people even make demos?
Yeah just no more discs that I know of. Just downloadable demos.
>>
>>2901383
Same here during the PS2 era. I have so many of those lying around. I remember one of them having really good music at the title screen.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VahhjVl0Xx0

Demo one with the excellent Tyrannosaurus tech demo.

I loved the Colin Mcrae Rally and TOCA Touring Car series demos for the various games. Made me buy each game cause of how good they were.

I think I still have the demo disk with Urban Chaos on it, that was one of those demos that gave you a mission/level remix that wasn't in the full game at all.
>>
>>2902005
NOT RETRO! NEVER WILL BE! REPORTED!
>>
>>2901383
>net yaroze demos included
>0psmdisc42 is the best disk ever for this,
in effect a double size demo
12 regular
30+net yaroze
>>
>>2901361
got a secret code for twisted metal 2 and jet moto from the ps bundle, i think.
>>
File: image.jpg (908KB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
908KB, 2448x2448px
Check out this cool Xbox 360 demo disk I have for da PSX.
>>
>>2902357

check out the sony msx

its the first computer / digital device ever built by sony
and its a microsoft product

back in the 80's america used to have japan do all their slave manufacturing for tech, before china was capable of doing so
>>
>>2902385
I want one of those sony msx they are sexy hardware.
>>
I remember I had (still have) one of the Jampacks that had a japanese demo of Tail Concerto, that was great. I still have most of my old demo discs, played them tons in the day. It was kind of cool to have a cheap way to entertain yourself, even if you couldn't play the full game.
>>
>>2901361
Can you tell your friends to put up some subtitles, I can't understand his shitty english.
>>
I have a huge fetish for demo discs. I recently managed to collect the entire DreamOn dreamcast demo disc collection.

I have no idea where to find others through. Shit sucks.
>>
Demo discs have gems in them, like the TR3 pizza hut demo with a slightly different area 51 map, or the FF8 demo where the story's slightly different for the Dollet invasion while some random goon instead fo Quistis takes out the robo-spider
>>
Have several UK official PS mag demo discs.
Cannot find the one with the first level of Parappa on it though. Hours of entertainment were had.
>>
The earliest demo disc Ican remember is the one that came with the console that had Raystorm and Armored Core on it, and I think I still have it somewhere

The earliest magazine demo I remember is the one that had MediEvil and led you get as far as you can under a certain time limit

And I rememer the discs were ALWAYS being stolen from the magazines in the store.
>>
I have some in a CD box somewhere in my basement. I remember one CD really well because it had Metal Gear Solid demo, Spyro, Medievil, and this really cool trailer of Parasite Eve. The song from the trailer still gets stuck in my head sometimes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMFVzceeCQw
>>
>>2901383
I had this very disc you describe.

MGS was my favorite with that Silent Hill music video
>>
>>2903206
u merican or wot?

which bits are you to dumb to understand the queens?
>>
Console demo discs were NOTHING compared to PC demo disks. Every game on PC had a demo.
I used to buy that magazine special issue that would come every 3 months. Each issue had 3 CDs, first cd was between 70-100 demos each time. 2nd disc was TONS of sharewares, from random programs, games, etc but also maps and stuffs for games, which is nice for people who didn't have an internet connection. 3rd disc was 3 older but full game.

I have discovered between 500-700 games thanks to this stuff, it was AMAZING. Eventually we stopped buying it because we couldn't keep up with the specs requirements.

BTW demos are still a thing but only on PC and even then it's very rare.
>>
Does anyone know which demo disc for ps1 had Threads of Fate on it? I'd really like a rom of that demo disc, but I can't find it.

Relevant to the thread: I have a PS Underground demo disc that has footage of E3 2001 on it. Frankie Munez is running around the convention floor showing off all the cool games that will be coming out on playstations new system, the PS2.
>>
>>2905390
Part of why demos died out is because pirating got easier. Half the reason to download a PC demo in the day was to see if your computer could handle it. Now I can just pirate the full game to see if I can do that.
>>
>>2905352
Nice grammar you little yellow toothed, fool.
>>
>>2905501
>yellow toothed, fool
>being this shallow
>>
>>2905352
What the fuck are you talking about? Just talk normally ffs.
>>
>>2905587
>talk normally
PMSL
Whats normal? It sounds normal to me
>pleb
>>
Found this at a local thrift store just yesterday for $1, it's missing the demo disc 2 (which had a demo for Brave Fencer Musashi, I would love to play that again) but disc 1 is there and it has some fun videos about the making of the Spyro commercials and tips and tricks for Tomb Raider. Now I want to collect all the ones from PSU, looks like 4 volumes with 4 "issues" each. Shouldn't be too hard.
>>
>>2905352
>Gan Teft Ah-Oh
hahahaha
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.