[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Capcom, or SNK?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 20

File: ff.gif (43KB, 600x422px) Image search: [Google]
ff.gif
43KB, 600x422px
Capcom, or SNK?
>>
Capcom vs SNK
>>
>>2899686

I like capcom's fighting games more, but that's honestly just because they're easier to play. I can do a Hadouken 99.9% of the time, but in KoF doing a simple QCF+P never feels like a sure thing to me.

I like SNK's non-fighting games more than Capcom's, though.
>>
>>2899694
Those games were all disappointing unfortunately.

>>2899686
KoF>Street Fighter
SNK for team battles and much bigger rosters. SF is a solid technical series, but I've always found it one of the most boring.

For their other fighter series it's a lot closer.
>>
>>2899686
Sega
>>
>>2899707
>Those games were all disappointing unfortunately.

CvS2 is regarded as one of the best fighting games around; what disappointed you?
>>
>>2899717
only by casualfags who don't play in tourneys
>>
>>2899717
I really hate the ratio system. Both in concept and the way they implemented it. That was the main thing. The other is that since I prefer the SNK characters a lot more, it felt a little like a KoF where I didn't like half the roster.

Other people like it and that's cool for them, I was never a fan though.
>>
Why do people always compare SF to KOF? I get they're their biggers franchises, but SNK actual answer to SF was Fatal Fury, a series I also happen to like a lot and I think it doesn't get the attention it deserves.

I'm a SF guy, but never really got into Darkstalkers, Rival Schools or the crossover games and I like all the SNK franchises to some extend so I guess in the end I enjoy the later more.
>>
>>2899720
Well considering how many tournaments CvS2 has had, I hardly think that's true. Some of the top SF and SNK players have participated in them.

>>2899726
>a rational, reasonable complaint
Fucking great, days like this are getting rare on /vr/. I tended to use single characters myself due to the ratio system being kind of unsuitable for my style of play.
>>
>>2899763
The ratio system just felt super lazy to me. Like they didn't want to bother trying to actually balance a Capcom vs SNK crossover game so they did that and it just never felt right at all.

I don't think it was a bad game exactly, but after having played it half a dozen times I also saw no reason to ever boot it up over a KoF or even SFIII if I was feeling Capcomy. A shame too, because I'd really been looking forward to it. When it first got announced sounded too good to be true.

Strangely I found Card Fighters Clash on the Neo Geo Pocket kind of fun.
>>
>>2899709
Capcom vs SNK on SEGA Dreamcast
>>
File: gfs_42924_2_16_mid.jpg (43KB, 540x514px) Image search: [Google]
gfs_42924_2_16_mid.jpg
43KB, 540x514px
>>2899707

Even the portable one?
>>
>>2899806
Would still rather play some Virtua Fighter
>>
File: Slayer.jpg (58KB, 500x441px) Image search: [Google]
Slayer.jpg
58KB, 500x441px
>>2899686
Arcsys > SNK > Capcom
>>
>>2899819
same desu
>>
File: Terry-kofXIII.jpg (235KB, 600x1020px) Image search: [Google]
Terry-kofXIII.jpg
235KB, 600x1020px
SNK
>>
>>2899817

This game rules. So much to unlock, and all dose mini games. The Neo Geo Pocket Color's stick is probably my favorite control stick of all time.
>>
>>2899686
I like both.

SNK for Samsho 2&5 and Garou; Capcom for Darkstalkers 2&3 and Third Strike.
>>
Capcom: baby first fighting game
SNK: Real competitive FUCK YOU fighters
>>
SNK by a large margin.
SF doesn't even compare to KOF and the Real Bout games imo.
>>
>>2899874
Found the Mexicunt.
>>
>>2899886

>I can tell where someone's from based on what game company they like!

Here's your (you).
>>
>>2899908
Your style of speech and taste in games gave it away, amigo.
>>
>>2899919

I'm not even that anon, just calling you out on being dumb. The fact you think you can tell where someone is based on their "style of speech" yet can't even tell us apart based on our posts is making you like kind of silly.
>>
>>2899931
You can quit denying it out of shame already, pablo. We're not going judge you (much).
>>
SNK has a flair to it Capcom does not.

But Capcom got in the game early by figuratively creating the modern 6 button fighting game genre with Street Fighter.

Luckily we live in a world where CvS2 exists. I choose both in the form of that game.
>>
>>2900279

I'd say Capcom has superior fighting games, but SNK has better action and shooters (mostly).
>>
File: 1394389697667.jpg (364KB, 576x768px) Image search: [Google]
1394389697667.jpg
364KB, 576x768px
Capcom
>>
>>2899908
Pero seamos sinceros... ¿eres mexicano, no es cierto?
>>
Capcom. SNK has good fightans + Metal Slug but that's about it.
>>
>>2900325
>¿eres mexicano, no es cierto?

Stop trying to speak spanish gringo, that opening question mark is wrong there.
>>
>>2900332
Incorrecto, ahí comienza la pregunta.

Si no sabes hablar castellano, no es problema mío.
>>
File: CapSNKGroup.png (2MB, 743x1000px) Image search: [Google]
CapSNKGroup.png
2MB, 743x1000px
>>2899726
Just don't use it? There's a normal 3v3 mode because fuck the raito system its the reason why I was turned off by the first game. CVS2 is tied to being my favorite fighter of all time.
I also really suck at them as well

Also both companies are awesome and have their different styles. I love Vampire Savior, JoJo's BA, SSF2T, SFA2, MVC series, Tatsunoko vs, and 3rd Strike but I also play the hell out of Garou, Real Bout FF series, KOF 98, 2k, 2k2 UM, XIII, Kizuna Encounters, SamSho 2 and 4, Last Blade.
>>2900347
ya guey
>>2899819
Virtua Fighter 2 all the way and 4 Evo is good! Still waiting for VF vs Tekken tho.
>>
>>2899908
no shame in being mexican, I know your skills are superior to all on fightan games and you keep the BRs and chileans in check. Mexicans are actually bros for the most part and one of them taught me how to whoop some ass on real bout.
>>
>>2899686
Street Fighter > SNK > other Capcom fighters
>>
>>2900550
But anon, Darkstalkers and the Vs games are better than any SF.
>>
>>2900591
Don't forget Jojo.
>>
>>2899686

A tad over-simplistic, but...

1. Street Fighter
2. King of Fighters
3. Capcom's other fighters
4. SNK's other fighters

>>2899836

Arcsys is certainly doing better than SNK these days. Guilty Gear Xrd is gorgeous.
>>
>>2900512
>Still waiting for VF vs Tekken tho.

VF paired up with DOA. Tekken paired up with SF because they're the two most popular fighting game franchises.
>>
>>2900607
VF would need to be seriously nerfed if they were paired up against Tekken.

Seriously, after playing VF, Tekken plays like if it was an underwater acrobatics simulator.
>>
>>2900607
still Tekken and VF are the original 3D fighters, though it can be seen as a spiritual successor since it was made by former members of the VF team. I feel like it something that needs to be done.
>>
Former KoF player here, now 3rd Strike player.

SNK retro fighting games are in general more offensive oriented and reliant on execution, while Capcom always focused more on footsies, strategy and mix-ups.
>>
File: athena-run-97.gif (6KB, 109x87px) Image search: [Google]
athena-run-97.gif
6KB, 109x87px
>>2899686
More of an SNK guy by far, and KOF is my go to series when it comes to fighting games. Garou, KOF '98, 2002, and 2000 are my favorites from them.
never been terribly great at Capcom fighters, I can kind of sort of play SF2CE Bison and that's it, but CE Bison is fucking retarded good

I want to like CVS2, but it feels like such a Capcom game, even if it's got its share of SNK-style mechanics. Bugs the shit out of me, certain expectations on what moves beat other moves go out the window completely, and movement feels weird.
yeah, I know it was Capcom developed, but the superficial feeling of an SNK game throws me off when I sit down to play it

And then there's SVC Chaos, which tries to be like a Capcom game and fails miserably (which is a shame, it looks great and other than how it plays, has a lot of charm to it -- and I love the SNK-style Capcom character sprites).

>>2899751
KOF was more successful, and was seen as the real competitor, especially when it became SNK's mainline fighting series, overtaking Fatal Fury.
still wish I could get my friends to play Real Bout 2 though
the weird special inputs and gameplay don't help though
Same with Kizuna Encounter, that game is fun as fuck.

not actually SNK related, but if there's one not-KOF/Garou Neo-Geo fighter that I can get my friends to play, it's Breakers Revenge, hot fuck that game is fun (and dumb)
>>
Capcom got me into the whole genre, but SNK got me a buttload more (well, it's mostly Last Blade and Samsho more than KOF in the long run. Also Karnov's Revenge).

>>2900818

>I want to like CVS2, but it feels like such a Capcom game, even if it's got its share of SNK-style mechanics. Bugs the shit out of me, certain expectations on what moves beat other moves go out the window completely, and movement feels weird.
>yeah, I know it was Capcom developed, but the superficial feeling of an SNK game throws me off when I sit down to play it

I really like CvS2 despite being ass at it but I kind of know how you feel. 6 buttons/the way cancels work sort of among other things feels more Capcom than SNK. That and, well, while the roster has pretty good SNK picks, the stronger ones tend to be mostly the Capcom fighters (unless we have motherfucking R4 Raiden)

>And then there's SVC Chaos, which tries to be like a Capcom game and fails miserably (which is a shame, it looks great and other than how it plays, has a lot of charm to it -- and I love the SNK-style Capcom character sprites).

I kind of want to hate SVC too but Shiki's fun as fuck to play as and the guests were pretty cool. And Hugo.
>>
>>2900860
>>2900818

(oops, pressed submit too early)

Breakers Revenge is also cool as fuck. Condor Pimpslap for life. Kizuna Encounter too. Used to mostly play Kim and Lion but I've recently tried out some Eagle and he's fun too. Shame his suplex is a hit I think?
>>
>>2899707
cvs2 is one of the all time greats , what the fuck anon
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 400x383px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 400x383px
>>2899870
If you love the NGPC stick, then I highly suggest getting a Neo Geo Pad 2 and a PS2 to USB adapter. It's based on the Neo Geo CD controller, so it has the marvelous clicky stick but has more buttons to account for the Playstation's extra buttons. With the USB adapter, it lets you use it with the PS3 and PC. It was only released in Japan, but the price range from what I saw on eBay was around 50 bucks, and they were usually selling with their original boxes.

There is also a Neo Geo Pad 3, which is USB only, but it has a PS3 home button. I prefer the Pad 2/USB adapter set up though, because it gives you more options. You can even get a PS2 to Dreamcast adapter, for clicky Dreamcast goodness.
>>
File: Mr. K.png (253KB, 431x861px) Image search: [Google]
Mr. K.png
253KB, 431x861px
SNK! to me the character's moves and commands were more unique and so were the character models. Furthermore, in the 90s the franchise also felt more "mature" as far as the story-line and plot.
>>
I always felt like SNK put more effort in their sprites in regards to given the characters personality.

Hell the fact that Terry Bogard actually HAS a personality puts them miles ahead of Capcom's "I must train harder and push myself as a warrior" for going on three decade
>>
>>2900591
Not even fucking close.
>>
>>2900550
>not
SNK > other Capcom fighters >>>>> Street Fighter
>>
File: fatalfuryspecial.jpg (278KB, 850x1207px) Image search: [Google]
fatalfuryspecial.jpg
278KB, 850x1207px
>>2899751

I feel the same, and by Fatal Fury I mean Garou Densetsu series, not Mark of the Wolves.

I think KOF should be compared to Capcom's crossover VS titles. The rival of Street Fighter is indeed Fatal Fury.
>>
>>2900279
>But Capcom got in the game early by figuratively creating the modern 6 button fighting game genre with Street Fighter
The guy that designed Street Fighter 1 moved to SNK and made Fatal Fury btw
>>
>>2901004
>pole pounder BILLY KANE
>>
I mean SNK made Garou my favourite fighting game of all time.
However Capcom is still making fighting games.
there are more capcom games that i like but i like a few SNK games more than capcom games.
if that makes sense.
hard to answer OP
>>
>>2899817
This game and Gals Fighters are still incredible today, I wish I didn't only find out about them and all the other NGPC fighters a couple years ago

Last Blade is the only one on NGPC I felt was weak
>>
>>2899686
None, fighting games are degenerate shit
>>
File: jubei.jpg (91KB, 493x700px) Image search: [Google]
jubei.jpg
91KB, 493x700px
>>2901036

I fucking love these titles

>The Reisdent Judo Geriatric JUBEI YAMADA
>>
KOF > SF

Capcom > SNK (Darkstalkers, Cyberbots, etc...)
>>
>>2901004
I love how Terry's like "Fuck those goofy nicknames I'm just here to kick ass"
>>
>>2901004
If Geese the coolest motherfucker or the coolest motherfucker?
Really hope that KoF 14 roster leak is correct enough at least that Geese would be in the game.
>>
>>2900939
Terry is probably the best fighting game protag out of all of them:
>Nice guy
>Cool to chill with
>No real hang ups
>>
Both.
>>
>>2899686

The only thing SNK does better is spriting and artwork.

Just kidding. I've actually never played an SNK game.
>>
>>2902356
YOU ARE PREDICTABURRR!!!!!!!!
>>
>>2900818

>same with Kizuna Encounter, that game is fun as fuck

A full day late, but MY FUCKING NIGGA. That game fucking rules, I used to spend hours playing against the AI.
>>
>>2903470

King Leo and Jyazu just spank my shit and it's fun to play against people too. Nothing like good ol' tag zone denial and EAGLE AMERICAN SUPLEX.

That and landing a 10+ hit combo as Kim outside of Phoenix Kick too. Kinda wish we had cabinets of these back in the day.
>>
>>2903242
You're an asshole. Fuck you.
>>
>>2903980

King Leo and Gordon was my team. I never actually got anyone to fight me in this game, so I'm not sure if the playable version of Leo is super broken the same way Akuma would be, for example. Man, it was definitely a fun game though.
>>
Capcom, better gameplay and design !!!
>>
>>2899836
No, Arcsys is the child of SNK and Capcom. You could not have Arcsys without them paving the way and influencing the genera. No detraction from based as fuck Arcsys
>>
>>2899707
There is no such thing as bigger roster in KOF since 2/3 of the roster is just clone character that play the same but with different frames.

Also the game is heavily unbalanced as well as having bullshit artificial difficulty bosses.
>>
>>2900607
VF has nothing to do with both games.

DOA is an unbalanced mess made to cashgrab out of fanservice, the game is simply not fit for competitive play.

Tekken is just another game with different mechanics, it would be hard to make a crossover.
>>
>>2899707
>Those games were all disappointing unfortunately.
>CvS2
>Disappointing

EYE'RR STAYN MAH HOWSE...WIF YO BRAHD.
>>2899836
Arcsys back in the days was fucking garbage though, if you're talking about today they're pretty much the best but GG was garbage until XX.
>>2902356
>If Geese the coolest motherfucker or the coolest motherfucker?
Geese is the only one who has better engrish lines than Terry, who has the best engrish lines in any FG ever created, that alone means he's pretty much elder god tier of cool.
>>2903368
TOO EASY!

Also, where were you when we got an Orochi Saga anime?
http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/76774
>>
File: Ryo-mc-aof1.gif (26KB, 150x100px) Image search: [Google]
Ryo-mc-aof1.gif
26KB, 150x100px
>>2900939
I think a beter example would be Ryo, this little sprite alone gives him more personality than Ryu ever had
>>
File: terry-cvs2-vs-geese.gif (128KB, 251x119px) Image search: [Google]
terry-cvs2-vs-geese.gif
128KB, 251x119px
>>2906951
C'MOOOONNNNNN!!!!!!
>>
>>2907667

DIE ABODE
>>
File: mr-burns-laughing.gif (2MB, 176x144px) Image search: [Google]
mr-burns-laughing.gif
2MB, 176x144px
>>2904293

>better gameplay and design
>>
>>2908214
YOU CANNOT ESCAPE CERTAIN DEATH!!!!
>>
File: Bankotsubo.jpg (80KB, 250x400px) Image search: [Google]
Bankotsubo.jpg
80KB, 250x400px
>>2906916

>They replaced this guy with some boobtits
>>
KOF 2003 is one of the best in the series. Fight me.
>>
File: howard family.jpg (115KB, 600x817px) Image search: [Google]
howard family.jpg
115KB, 600x817px
>>2908526

XI was 2003 done better.

But I like 2003, it tried something new and we ended up with Shen Woo as well among other things fisting everyone into oblivion.

>>2908303

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q81ptFSA4mk
>>
>>2906916
I described things that have already happened, smart guy.

VF already crossed over with DOA, and they're both bringing up the rear in the 3D fighting scene.

Tekken is so immensely popular no other fighting game series comes close but for Street Fighter, hence their two crossovers and future third. Also their three RPG crossovers, but they threw VF a bone for two of them.
>>
>>2908587
that was probably one of the best things I've ever seen.
RAIIIZIIIIINNNGGGGG STOOOOOOOOOOORRRMMMMM!!!
>>
>>2908587
Shen Woo is pretty great. Personally I think XI is the last time KoF was good. I have hope for XIV, but not holding my breath.
>>
File: CVS.gif (101KB, 236x152px) Image search: [Google]
CVS.gif
101KB, 236x152px
Both.
>>
My problem with Capcom fighting games is the speed. Ok, in 1994 theres was no problem with a slow game because the genre was just starting. Fatal Fury and AoF were slow too. But after that they never ever increased the speed of the games. Even SFV looks like turtles hitting eachother, like "hey im gonna use a fliying kick, take your time to make your combo". Compare it with KOF 98 or any earlier 3D fighter from any system.
>>
>>2909243
I actually like the slower paced fighters. Super Turbo was always a little too fast for me and the Meltys and Guilty Gears these days are much too twitchy for me. I haven't seen any video of SFV, but IV was a decent speed. King of Fighters gets it perfect for my tastes.
>>
>>2899686
>Capcom
cant run
>SNK
You can run.

Easy choice.
>>
>>2901004
>The rival of Street Fighter is indeed Fatal Fury.

Well they've grown beyond him the fact that the two share a creator does add an extra layer to the rival element between the two.
>>
both suck dick
>>
>>2909253
>Capcom
>cant run
Have you played Darkstalkers or Marvel?
>>
>>2909226

Same here. From the player feedback, it seems that the XIV team in SNK have a good idea of what they're doing despite the negative feedback on graphics but yeah. Not gonna hold my breath for it until I see something solid, or hell if I get to play it if ever.
>>
File: kyo.webm (3MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
kyo.webm
3MB, 1024x576px
kof2002 is great, even if it is a hassle to build up a friend list of people to play with
>>
>>2899686
Tatsunoko grandbaby
>>
>>2912931
>BC activate
>doesn't run forward slightly between the activate and the next hit
This is how you drop combos
>>
>>2912931
Baka anon, 2k2 UM is better. It has the biggest roster in any KOF game and the fact you are given 2 Geeses means its the definitive KOF.
>>
>>2912931

[Bodegas intensify]
>>
>>2913179
That webM is from UM
>>
What are other games where I can GET SERIOUS
>>
>>2913462
Serious Sam.
>>
>>2899686

SNK - I gotta respect how experimental they were with each series, and even within each of their own series.

I can't really imagine Capcom changing Ryu's specials almost completely for a new SF like SNK did on KoF96.
>>
>>2899709

I'd rather have an SNK vs Sega than another CvS.
SNK and Sega have way too much in common nowadays not to take a crack at it.
>>
>>2899717

Capcom not only fails to implement rolls, but gives them to 2 Capcom grooves but only one SNK groove, even if it's an SNK feature - the whole game suffers as a result of exploiting that mess.
>>
>>2901031

Takashi Nishiyama then went on to found Dimps, which was then assigned to make SNK vs Capcom Match of the Millenium for the NGPC - couldn't have put it in better hands, the game came out perfect... if only it had gotten an arcade-grade version...
>>
File: aof-pro4[1].jpg (684KB, 430x915px) Image search: [Google]
aof-pro4[1].jpg
684KB, 430x915px
>>2907562

It still amazes me that they put together a whole comic of backstory for a game with a story as relatively simple as AoF.

The series is pretty much over, but i like how they kept Ryo and the Sakazakis eventful in other games, like having him take on the Mr Karate mantle in FF Wild Ambition, and the sitcom/romantic comedy that is the Sakazaki family and their relationship with King.
>>
>>2913179
That is 02UM, sparky
>>
>>2899686
Capcom, because they are still making games that make money unlike Snk who just rerelrease metal slug and other franchises on mobile.
>>
>>2915719

SNKP have also been releasing on Steam and plan to do even more of that, and are also developing KoF XIV with 50 characters - and according to recent interviews, they have plans to work on more of their other series.
>>
>>2915719
>Capcom
>Making money
Isn't Capcom nearly broke? They fucked up during the 7th gen.
SNKP has made their share of mistakes like whoring out their IPs to the pacinko business, but they left that and returned to gaming full-time thanks to the their sales on Steam. I know someone who worked on SFIV and Garou are on the team so my hopes are up on the new KOF.
>>
>>2916321
Street Fighter V wouldn't exist if Sony couldn't fund it.
>>
>>2916321
They have made some poor decisions with exclusivity that are rightfully biting them in the ass. Giving MonHun to Nintendo after establishing the series with Sony has ended up costing them more than they realize. Breaking their crappy exclusivity deal with Microsoft for Dead Rising and then re-establishing it was also bone-headed - maybe DR3 is a good game when it's not running in single-digit FPS, who knows?

I wonder how much truth there is to what >>2916343 is saying. Seems stupid to tie one their last remaining draws to another exclusivity deal, there are still 18 million idiots who actually bought an Xbone.
>>
>>2900939
>doesn't understand the what it is to be stoic
Thread posts: 114
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.