[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>your biggest retro regret

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 17

File: rr.jpg (40KB, 640x443px) Image search: [Google]
rr.jpg
40KB, 640x443px
>your biggest retro regret
>>
Growing up with an N64 instead of a PSX
>>
File: Mortal_Kombat_(Europe)-3.jpg (41KB, 640x451px) Image search: [Google]
Mortal_Kombat_(Europe)-3.jpg
41KB, 640x451px
>>2897969
I knew the Genesis version had the blood code so surely this one must have it too.
>>
Selling off a good chunk of my collection to funcoland, including NES games and half my Game Boy collection.
>>
>>2897969
Misplacing the Star Wars SNES games I had as a kid, all three of them.
>>
File: 15467896785463.png (301KB, 346x500px) Image search: [Google]
15467896785463.png
301KB, 346x500px
Dont really remember this game too well now, but I have strong negative emotions tied to this game. All I remember is renting it once and immediately bringing it back for another game.
>>
>>2897978
either way you would've missed out on games
>>
>>2897969
I only had a Genesis as a kid, I did have a Game Boy pretty early on but my first Nintendo console was the N64. I guess it would have been cool to have a SNES as a kid but I don't think I missed out too much because I can play all the games I missed anyway. And I definitely wouldn't have traded my Genesis for it, because I have so many good memories with the Sonic games.
>>
File: airb.jpg (66KB, 310x467px) Image search: [Google]
airb.jpg
66KB, 310x467px
>>2898037

That game is road rash on rollerblades, what the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
File: Tiger_Game.Com_with_cartridges.jpg (2MB, 3464x1712px) Image search: [Google]
Tiger_Game.Com_with_cartridges.jpg
2MB, 3464x1712px
Yuck.
>>
SaGa Frontier.
>>
>>2898019
Overall was better than the sega version, except for blood.
>>
throwing out all my pc boxes because i had no space.
>>
File: test your might.jpg (13KB, 239x240px) Image search: [Google]
test your might.jpg
13KB, 239x240px
>>2898179
Questionable
>>
>>2898023
this. selling off/giving away shit I could have sold for 1000s today. I mean I have the ROMs and the disc images so it's not like I give a shit about the hunks of plastic.
>>
Not taking better care of my copy of Mega Man Legends 2. I've had it since elementary school, not realizing how rare it was. Still have it, but the manual is missing and its pretty scratched up, so the audio skips a lot.
>>
>>2897969
BUT 32 MEG POWER! As someone with a boner for robots this hurts me.
>>
>>2898023
Similar sentiment here but I didn't sell them, I just abused, broke and lost them being a subhuman child throughout the SNES and PS1 days.
>>
>>2898179
I prefer the snes ones also, but for some reason MK2 was so badass on sega
>>
>>2897969
Not donating more money to planed parenthood a year before people who posted in this thread were born.
>>
File: kotmsnescover[1].jpg (37KB, 475x347px) Image search: [Google]
kotmsnescover[1].jpg
37KB, 475x347px
My friend back in elementary school hyped this game to me saying you could plays as all these different monsters and do all this crazy shit and the gullible little dumbshit me believed him. So I drop $20 on the game, which is a lot of money for a kid, and I'm extremely disappointed. So I call him out on his bullshit.

>Oh. That must be on the Genesis version.

Pissed me off so bad
>>
Selling Majora's Mask, Conker, both Banjo games, Mario 64 and DK64 back in 2012

for around $50...

for weed...

The self-loathing is too real.
>>
>>2898019
This is also mine. The entire night spent trying to unlock blood. We did find reptile early...first at our elementary. Our child minds couldn't accept a code wasn't hidden.
>>
>>2898037
This game is so awesome dude...so bitchin.
>>
>>2897969

That's pretty funny actually..

The local VHS rental spot had a sale on their used SNES games and my mom let me choose one.

Going home with Rise of the Robots has been my biggest fucking regret since.
>>
I owned an original Stadium Events and sold it for pennies at a local Babbages, nobody believes me that I owned such a rare piece of hardware/software.
>>
>>2898471

and how much replay value did that weed have, sonnie?
>>
>>2897969
I've had lots of fun with the Rise of the Robots II though. Too bad first game was such garbage.
>>
Trading OoT for DK64.
>>
>>2898702
dk64 gotta be the worst dk game by far. sold my super Nintendo with a copy of mega man x2 for like 50 bucks to my aunt. tried to hunt it down years later. she lost it/sold it/who gives a fuck im never getting that back.
>>
I bought it for $10 "ironically" because I was in my ebin memer phase.

The worst part is that it was clearly made by people who genuinely loved Shrek, but weren't competent enough to program a fighting game.
>>
>>2898720
SOMEBODY ONCE TELL ME
>>
>>2898720
"I was in my ebin memer phase"

The whole Shrek thing isn't any older than four years, and it only caught on in late 2012/early 2013. You must be either young, stupid, or both.
>>
File: snes_spider-man_p_eybxeq.jpg (34KB, 475x347px) Image search: [Google]
snes_spider-man_p_eybxeq.jpg
34KB, 475x347px
Thought it would be more like Maximum Carnage, nope.
>>
File: download (24).jpg (12KB, 258x195px) Image search: [Google]
download (24).jpg
12KB, 258x195px
surprised no one posted this yet desu. the nightmares still haunt me to this day
>>
>>2898627
None of his games had any replay value though.
>>
>>2898720
I remember playing this, it was incredibly easy to cheese.
>>
>>2898037
Skitchin was awesome dude da fuck is wrong with you? you fucking spastic.
>>
File: Superman64box.jpg (31KB, 250x175px) Image search: [Google]
Superman64box.jpg
31KB, 250x175px
meme aside
i legit bought this.

It was the first game i bought for myself with money i earned. Before that my sis chose all games
I never even cared for superman before, but i thought flying around with his powers would be fun. I was so excited too. Got dropped off at the mall, went to a store (called Babbages or EB Games; i forget but one name bought the other at some point)
got home, so stoked, popped it in, and played about 20 min
Flying was awkward and slow. You go thru rings in the sky. I figured it would start with a tutorial thing, but after a bit i realized that was the game.
A hot wave of guilt and anxiety hit my chest. I realized in an instant moment that it was a bad game, and that it was too boring to continue, and that i wasted my money. It was so expensive and took me a long time to earn that cash doing things. Coulda spent it elsewhere for something better.. Felt awful.
Brought it back the next day and just cuz i opened it, i could only sell it back for like $5 or something.. I did, feeling a small bit of relief that i didnt eat the whole cost and that i was finally rid of that cursed object..
>>
TOP GUN for NES
>>
Selling my SNES and Master System.
>>
File: rise2.jpg (75KB, 640x817px) Image search: [Google]
rise2.jpg
75KB, 640x817px
>>
>>2898037
you have the worst taste in the world and you should feel bad i hope you know that
>>
File: 26252_front.jpg (169KB, 640x877px) Image search: [Google]
26252_front.jpg
169KB, 640x877px
ever trying to enjoy this game

it's so bad
>>
>>2897978
I've actually grown up with a PSX instead of N64 and wish it could've been the other way. There are just so many fun, vibrant games for the N64, and as a female in gaming it was disconcerting to play the likes of Tomb Raider and DoA when I was yearning for something more akin to my tastes.
>>
>>2897978
I can't say I feel the same, all of my friends had N64 too and we played tons of multiplayer. Mario Party, Kart, Tennis, Smash Bros, and Goldeneye are fond memories and still hold up quite well in recent playthroughs (though I am totally awful at kart now)

For me it's not buying more SNES/Genesis stuff back when it was heavily discounted as 1997 rolled in and it was going out the window. Sure, my bro and I got mario RPG for like 7 bucks, but we could have had a stack of SNES and Genesis brand-new and now sold them for 10 times what they cost then. Not to mention the other expensive RPGS we passed up brand-new in that bargain bin as we dug out Mario RPG. I'm not a fan of such games, so i'd be happy to profit off of them now and buy something I like instead.
>>
>>2898034
This but for many good game boy games.
>>
>>2898753
That was my second SNES game, and I still really like it. Can value your opinion but that was a pretty solid, fun game in my opinion.
>>
>>2897978

>growing up as a single-system peasant
>having had only half a choldhood
>>
>>2897969
mario is missing
>>
>>2898707
>dk64 gotta be the worst dk game by far.
agreed
>>
I exchanged FF7 + MGS to a friend for FF8 when it was released because I was hyped as hell for that game. I really loved FF7 and ended hating FF8, so you can harbor a guess.
>>
>>2898720
>tfw really want to buy shrek 2: beg for mercy because the title is hilarious even though its probably utter dogshit
>>
File: sonic 4.jpg (194KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
sonic 4.jpg
194KB, 1200x800px
Christ. It was my last SNES game, too.
>>
>>2899920
You bought/played a bootleg, you big dumpling.
>>
>>2899938
No shit. You have no idea what it was like.

https://youtu.be/dnyRwXpQLvI?t=1569
>>
>>2898471
to be fair only 2 of those games are worth playing.
>>
>>2899942
Finally! A sonic game where you aren't punished for going fast!
>>
>>2898071
>>2898481
>>2898846
>>2899287
Go back and play it, it was shit.
>>
>>2899956
>actually implying Sonic is all about going fast

Shaving my head, honestly.
>>
>>2898856

see, stories like this one here are where i hate the employees for not being honest or simply being ignorant/oblivious... if i was working at a retail outlet and see a kid spending his own money for a game i know is shitty, i'd let him know the game is shit and recommend something else. if he insists, that's on him. he was warned.
>>
>>2899959
Post pics w/ timestamp
>>
>>2897969

Mine was RAMPAGE. Beat the game the day we bought it (probably cost like $45 in the 80's which is a lot more now). I eventually traded it for a Chinese 4-in-1 cart and was pleased.
>>
>>2899309
And As a girl this my girl opinion see being a girl change everything as i am a girl with a vagina.
>>
File: earlgamer.jpg (85KB, 671x367px) Image search: [Google]
earlgamer.jpg
85KB, 671x367px
>>2900041
>>
>>2897969
Selling my NES/GEN/SNES+games for N64+games.

Wish I'd kept my shit instead. 5th gen was fucking pig disgusting in hindsight.
>>
>>2898354

I will say the SNES is a pretty bad port. The arcade version is way better.
>>
>>2899942
>this video is not available in Germany
I should move.
>>
>>2898772
I bought the genesis version based solely on how bad that game was. The most fun I ever had was playing it and Jurassic Park while tripping and laughing our asses off at the digitized graphics/sound.

I mean holy shit those jpegs are bad.
>>
>>2900140

or just download the Hola plugin for your browser and make it think you're browsing from a different country.
>>
>>2899957
It's Road Rash, on rollerblades with an awesome grunge soundtrack. Clearly you're at fault here and not the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Tfb9qTLjvk
>>
>>2900164

Jurassic Park: The Chaos Continues is kind of cool. They basically just made Metal Slug + Dinosaurs (two years before Metal Slug even came out).
>>
>>2900195
I'm talking about the genesis version. I remember chaos continues having really REALLY good visuals and sound.

The dinosaur sprites in the genesis version are so damn funny though. Standing on the back of the triceratops in the opening just totally broke us.
>>
>>2897978
I felt this way about picking Genesis over snes, I mean I enjoyed the Genesis but so many classics on snes, especially the rpgs.

I chose wisely with the psx.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.