[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mega Man Legacy Collection >Just the original games with an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 17

Mega Man Legacy Collection
>Just the original games with an emulator
>7-10 not included
>18 dollars

FFV, FFVI
>Cheap rushed hack job of a remake for mobile
>20 dollars each

Holy shit. Why are these companies fucking retarded? Put some fucking effort into this shit. I'd gladly buy a solid port of these games.

rosenkreuzstilette is a Japanese indie game, and it has nice cute little graphics. Falcom constantly remakes their old games, putting a lot of time and effort into them.

Why can't Square or Capcom make ports of their beloved games on the level of these guys? It's fucking insulting that they expect me to pay money for this shit.
>>
File: 1445215596868.jpg (28KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
1445215596868.jpg
28KB, 500x363px
>>2893743
Is that an actual screen shot of the ff vi remake ?!?!?!?!

Oh mannnnnnnnnn what the fuck were they thinking ?!
>>
>>2893746

It's a cheap rush job mobile port. And they threw it on Steam to make some more money.
>>
>>2893743
Oh god that image
>character is a heavily filtered sprite
>town is a 3D model
>world map is a a bunch of blurry pixels
>airship is exactly the same
It's like they couldn't decide how to screw up so they just went with everything.
>>
>>2893756
It really makes it look like it is some Newgrounds game made with stock assets.
>>
>>2893756

They only doubled the resolution, making the remake "why bother" tier. Which means when you upscale it, it still uses bilinear filtering.

The colors are a total mess too.

The character sprites look the way they did in the original, because of the low resolution. Making them bigger, with worse colors, less detail, and in the same style is pointless. If they were bigger in the original, they would have looked different.

Whole thing is a complete hacket job.
>>
>>2893746
It's not designed to be viewed on a screen of this size for starters.
>>
People should not buy this piece of crap as it represents lots of things that are wrong in the industry nowadays, but it's not like you can't play the original game instead anymore
>>
Boycott that shit OP. That's what /vr/ is all about. Stop supporting shitty companies.
>>
I really love the way it looks and I in team to buy the rest of the mobile library. I for one think SE did a superb job on this game. Kudos to them and the other companies for getting these old games out there for a younger generation to be enjoy.
>>
>>2893836
Bah. To hell with them forever for endlessly rereleasing the same handful of games til the end of time. They should have done one pure graphical update for each and continued producing new original IPs. Or true sequels to existing IPs.
>>
>>2893743
I saw FFV run a 10fps
it was disgusting
>>
After playing through several hours of it, I've been Stockholm'd into not minding the graphical vomit. The bigger issue is that the interface in general is garbage, both visually and functionally.

>>2893852
It runs at 60 FPS on even the toastier of toasters, same with FFVI. It's FFIII and FFIV that run at silky smooth 25 FPS or so like the original versions of the remakes.
>>
I don't usually put a whole lot of effort into bashing remakes, but holy shit is that hot garbage.
The team responsible should get tried for crimes against humanity.
>>
>>2893923

It's true.

Whoever stamped this for approval should be taken out back and shot.

Or to be honest, the entire company should be bombed to non-existence. I shudder to think about them doing this to Chrono Trigger, Vagrant Story, or any other awesome game in their catalog.
>>
>>2894036
I would love a rerelease of VS in this art style that would be awesome.
>>
>>2893915
That's because the core FF6 game behind it all is still good. They should have included an option to switch back to classic 16bit graphics.
>>
>>2893743
>seas of blood

It makes the whole game look like Hell, a perfect analogy really.
>>
>>2894036

They've already done a Chrono Trigger release on mobile and it's just a port of the DS game and isn't butchered like the old FF game ports are.
>>
>>2894114
It actually kind of is. While it uses the DS translation, it has none of the extras at all. Basically it's SNES+Dialog. Plus it's a tossup if it works because it's old as hell.

All of Square's older mobile ports are missing shit. 1+2 also don't have the PSP extras in spite of being PSP ports.
>>
>>2894119
*FF 1 and 2
>>
>Bubsy Two-fur
>ROM running in an illegally used version of snes9x

It's fitting, really.
>>
>>2894036
If CT were ever done again, I imagine it would be done similar to Dragon Quest since the DQ half is (arguably) still around.

CT done by Armor Project would be a very interesting prospect.
>>
>>2893743
>Dragon Quest I-VII gets much better treatment, both mobile and console.
>SaGa 2 and 3 get good DS remakes, Romancing SaGa did on PS2 as well.
>This is FFVI

Why does this happen specifically with FF? Square doesn't give a shit about it's own biggest international moneymaker.
>>
>>2894134
fanbase dedication and standards
Japan would literally riot if they made an outright bad Dragon Quest game, SaGa games are almost always worked on by Kawazu, same with Dragon Quest and Horii, but FF remakes are guaranteed to sell a bit wherever and are worked on by some random bunch of interns I bet.
>>
>>2894119
I don't know about FF2, but in FF1 only half of it is missing: you have the Labyrinth of Time, but no Bestiary and music player. Not that they have any excuse, mind you. All the sprites and music are already there so wanting to keep the space usage to a minimum (about 140 MBs on Windows Nogames Phone) sure as hell doesn't cut it as an excuse.

It also has no map for some reason. I played through it a few months ago and I remember wondering where the hell it was. Surprised they didn't go and remove the ship minigame too.
>>
>>2894119

I didn't know it was that old. Shit.
>>
>>2893748
B-but im on my phone....
>>
>>2894164
Meant for
>>2893778
>>
Didn't capcom released an actually decent compilation of megaman some years ago?

I think they need to make their own official version of megaman 7 and 8 in 8bits to keep consistency with 9 and 10, then release a full collection of all the games with all the extras of the other compilation/rockman complete works like the arranged soundtrack and other stuff.

I would actually be glad to pay for that.
>>
I dunno guys you might be wrong on this one I'm about 200 hours logged on the mobile version and it's just as fun as I remember as a kid. The graphics are a nice change and I would like to see more SE games take this approach.
>>
>>2894515
Careful. Deviating from the /vr/ hivemind's rage is very dangerous.
>>
>>2894515

You can have your opinion but i really fail to see how you have it
>>
File: rks32.png (572KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
rks32.png
572KB, 640x480px
>>2893743
>rosenkreuzstilette is a Japanese indie game, and it has nice cute little graphics.

This? This is typical doujin shit graphics. You expect me to believe this looks better than that FF6 pic?
>>
>>2894515
The graphics look ass tier. To each his own but...
>>
>>2894515
How did you made the game last 200 hours
>>
>CGI remake of Rondo with decent (for the time) graphics and added bonus features such as extra hazards and a new final boss form
>in case the CGI it too much for you it also includes the original TurboGrafx Rondo completely untouched for you to play and enjoy
>also includes an enhanced SotN remake
Not counting the PSP collections for Salamander/Parodius/Gradius.

RIP Konami
>>
>>2894571
Multiple play thru doing diff things.
I know I probably had close to 1000 on the snes version. I'd start over after I finished it.
>>
File: 4L_N3dDLUh5.jpg (37KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
4L_N3dDLUh5.jpg
37KB, 500x365px
>>2893743
YFW I'm planning on paying $30 for the physical copy of the MegaMan Legacy Collection on PS4 next month
>>
>>2893743
>Why are these companies fucking retarded?

Except they aren't. They know stupid fanboys who buy every single release of a game they owned since it first came out will pick it up no matter the quality. Hell if anything pants on head retarded changes like this just encourage people who edit wikis to buy the game so they can write a whole page about all the changes made in the new port.
>>
>>2894592
only thing they missed is original rondo intro voice.
>>
>>2894515
I agree with this on V, but VI is shit compared to that.

Give it shit for starting the idea and it does have some problems, but V's did fit the more lighthearted tone. VI cut too many corners, for example the UI; I honestly have a better time using a touch dpad than that thing.
>>
>>2894515
I feel like it would've been far better if all the graphics were changed. I'm okay with the sprites but the clashing art styles make it look horrid.
>>
>>2894592
They should've added Dracula X
>>
>>2894515
>$0.04 has been deposited into your account
>>
>>2894562
>You expect me to believe this looks better than that FF6 pic?
Yes. I expect you to believe that typical doujin shit graphics is fucking fantastically better than that FF6 pic in the OP.
>>
File: Profile-iris.jpg (72KB, 350x238px) Image search: [Google]
Profile-iris.jpg
72KB, 350x238px
>>2894562
it does look better, it's a more fun game too. Not retro though
>>
>>2893743
>Why can't Square or Capcom make ports of their beloved games on the level of these guys?

Because normies will eat it up on hype value either way, and hardcore fans will play the original carts either way, so there's no point in doing *any* effort in it.
>>
File: fred-sanford-o.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
fred-sanford-o.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>2893743
>that image
>>
>>2896307
Yep, people will defend even that horrible FF6 remake in the other thread.
>>
>>2894562
Are you kidding, Anon? It looks so much better.
>>
File: vomit.jpg (26KB, 312x312px) Image search: [Google]
vomit.jpg
26KB, 312x312px
>>2893743

please tell me that there are people at work trying to fix this

Modders must fix what square has done. There is no excuse for this bullshit.
>>
>>2896368
Why don't you do it faggot.
>>
Honestly I can't wait for vagrant story to get the same treatment. This looks kinda awesome.
>>
>>2896368
These are super advanced state-of-the-art graphics! You just have bad taste!
>>
>>2896437
It does look great, it's true.
>>
>>2894476
Yeah the Megaman Anniversary Collection is top notch. I had the GCN version and it included Megaman 1-8 plus some unlockable Megaman fighting games. The only problem you might have is that the jump and shoot buttons are reversed but you get used to it quickly
>>
>>2896430

no skills in that department to speak of
>>
i wonder how the original sprite and background artists feel about this garbage looking port
>>
>>2896518
Considering one of the original artists did the hero sprites, I'd say they at least approve of that part.

Probably didn't realize just how shit this would look though, I bet the work for V and VI's hero sprites was done in one fell swoop. And V, in spite of what it uses, does look a hell of a lot better.
>>
>>2896368
I doubt all of it will ever be taken care of at once. Sure one could get the graphics set right after figuring out how to mod it, but there's the matter of the stretched font and really shitty UI.

If anyone has the willpower, it'll be a long-term project.
>>
>>2896492
Then either buy it and shut up or don't buy it and fuck off and shut up.
>>
>>2898745

Nah. I'm going to voice my opinion on how shitty the port is. Just because I can't make a mod and contribute doesn't mean I don't have a right to say anything.

Are you actually defending this half-assed piece of shit port? Seriously?

Don't tell me to fuck off and shut up you bitch.
>>
>>2896492
Even you have the skills, the game's assets can't be easily edited because of its hacking protection.
>>
File: 1450340705617.png (2KB, 107x56px) Image search: [Google]
1450340705617.png
2KB, 107x56px
>>2898745

>I CANNOT STOP GUZZLING THE CUM FROM SQUARE ENIX'S COCKS!!!!!!!
>>
>>2898761
if*
>>
>>2898762
I know youre upset that this is the new standard but it can't help to look so good while you stay stuck in the past. It looks good and you won't admit to yourself I love my retro and like the original but as far as it goes you'll have to concede to the true winner here, and it's not the original FF3.
>>
>>2898758
Yes voice the opinion. That's fine bit we don't wanna here it. Only a few of you care that much about it to stop playing the original. So if you ain't buying it and n
Don't plan to you aren't who they are aiming for. Cry elsewhere cuz if you don't want to buy it we don't wanna hear it. It's a perfectlygood game even with the new assets.
>>
>>2899034
>It looks so good and it looks good and you won't admit to yourself how good it looks.

Go eat a box of thumbtacks.
>>
>>2893743
They could've given it a similar treatment to what they did with FF4 for the DS, and everyone would be happy. Sadly Square does not seem to appreciate FF6 as much as FF4, chiefly because the former is not as much liked by japanese audiences the same way it is liked by western ones.
>>
>>2899037
Play it before bashing it and you'll see why youre wrong.
>>
>>2899205
even the fucking steam reviews amount to
'it looks like shit but it's still ok because it's ffvi'
get your head out of your ass
>>
File: Howtheyshouldlook.png (4KB, 64x100px) Image search: [Google]
Howtheyshouldlook.png
4KB, 64x100px
>>2899205
>>2899034

>the new standard

Dude, the shit on the left of that image looks like absolute SHIT compared to the fan made detail. You're a fucking idiot.
>>
Umm, can we all just stop pretending things look better just because they are new? Come on, people, it is the current year.
>>
>>2899683
We should also stop pretending things are good just because they're old.
For example your "It's current year" joke.
Not good.
>>
>>2899703

>just because they're old

Not the case here. There is more detail in the older sprites, which means we got fucking ripped off.

They could have put a lot more effort into these sprites and the port/remake in general. It's a shameless scam that fucks over a classic game.

Go fuck yourself.

>>>/v/
>>
>>2899736
"we got ripped off"
Oh, you bought the game?
>>
>>2899036
>we
>>
File: jew_basic.jpg (41KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
jew_basic.jpg
41KB, 600x600px
>>2899036

>we

Speak for yourself, you stupid motherfucking apologist. You do not speak for the entirety of this board. It isn't a perfectly good game with these assets. It is the ruination of a classic and you should go suck Square Enix's cock elsewhere. You have willingly gotten fucked over and are happy about it.

>>2899742

I want the game done justice and would like to replay it with the same upgrade that FFI, II, and IV got on the PSP. So yeah, I got ripped off. I feel like this is an incredibly half-assed port and remake. The game deserves better and if you can't see that, just go fuck yourself because you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>2896307
>hardcore fans will play the original carts either way
If SE made a romhack of FF6 just Master Quest style I would legit buy that shit.
But I would never buy this and it takes way more effort than a Master Quest mod.
>>
>>2899036

People like you are why Square Enix can get away with this shit.
>>
>>2893743
Hahah, yeah, the computer ports sucked so much, amiga-based rivals had a nice space to jump in!

Nyah!
>>
>>2894515
>Blurry as fuck world
>Almost solid color characters
>Low poly town
How does that even look good? You have three styles of art right there, at least have some sort of consistency for starters.

With the said often times the monsters at least look good in the mobile ports.
>>
>>2900904
I'll give credit where it's due, monsters and backgrounds look amazing in both.

I personally think VI specifically would've looked way better if everything took the same cue as those. V looked pretty alright honestly, could've been better. VI just plain doesn't fit.

>>2899034
>it's not the original FF3
No, it's a hacked version of the original FF3. Ironically fans have done far better than Square did if you compare them to mobile, and they have such a huge trend of using the C&D stick.

>>2900586
This actually sounds like a good idea for a project.
>>
Fuck that dogshit ffvi mobile remake. They began to sell it before finishing it (cloud save, control system changes several month after the release)
>>
File: 1432703856827.jpg (336KB, 673x680px) Image search: [Google]
1432703856827.jpg
336KB, 673x680px
>>2893743
Oh, god, that house! It looks like fucking scorched 3d!
>>
File: FF6 scorched release.png (378KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
FF6 scorched release.png
378KB, 480x720px
>>2893743
>>2902242
>>
File: 1447627008141.jpg (1MB, 1719x1240px) Image search: [Google]
1447627008141.jpg
1MB, 1719x1240px
>>2893743
>hear about Megaman Legacy Collection
>hear they're remaking the games in a new engine (lie)
>get excited hoping for some Wily Wars shit
>no extra levels
>the challenges are literally all "do these sections of levels from different games with only weapons from said games" or boss rushes instead of anything original

Why the fuck Capcom
>>
File: narshe in 3d.jpg (255KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
narshe in 3d.jpg
255KB, 1280x720px
>>2896368
Tell you what, I'll tell you something better...

there are people at work on much more independent updates of this.
>>
>>2902375

Thats cool but I'm more of a 2D faggot myself

Still, I'd play that over the smartphone trash we've been offered. Thanks for the tip anon.
>>
>>2902372
It does have art galleries and the like, I think. It was handled by a US company, I believe, and the idea was more about preserving them than doing something new.

That being said, it probably comes down to money. New assets and new challenges would likely have to have been handled by a team in Japan with some experience in the franchise which would have meant more money that probably wouldn't have resulted in more sales.

You know what DOES result in more sales these days? A fucking gold Mega Man amiibo, so there you go. Why spend X dollars making new, interesting shit when you can make a lot more by packing it in with a recolored amiibo. I mean, fuck, they didn't even make a new pose for him.
>>
>>2902452
What do you really mean by "2d"? Literally/technically 2d of any sort, or specifically SNES style / mildly cartoonish graphics?

Suppose someone took on the challenge of trying to make an FF6 remake using GEMRB?
>>
>>2902494

>what do you mean by 2D?

Well, I really liked the PSP efforts that Square gave us for FFI, II, and IV. I know some don't, but I do. They look a lot better than these Smartphone remakes.

I still like the original graphics, but basically yeah, 2D>3D for me.
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.