[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

!!!TIME FOR A REISSUE!!!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 26

File: nes_2414470k.jpg (50KB, 858x536px) Image search: [Google]
nes_2414470k.jpg
50KB, 858x536px
NES consoles should be reissued by Nintendo, And the top 50 NES games of all time. Heaps of the best vintage toys are always being made new (transformers, rubicks cubes, monopoly etc) No pessimists allowed in this thread. Anything is possible
>>
>>2886090
IF Nintendo did any sort of reissue with the NES you can sure as bet they'd go the route all the other companies went with their reissues and make a plug and play all in one. Not that, that's bad, but don't expect it to play all your NES games.

That's a big IF though.
>>
>>2886090
There's no fucking reason to Nintendo reissue an older console if they can just port their games to the newer ones.
>>
>>2886090
They have no need to, not when they can just churn out games via Virtual Console.
>>
File: mqA_IPnipGWL4Biy2-1bP-w.jpg (14KB, 225x169px) Image search: [Google]
mqA_IPnipGWL4Biy2-1bP-w.jpg
14KB, 225x169px
Nintendo reissued the "Ball" Game & Watch which was really awesome. Plug n play would totally suck Nintendo wouldn't do anything like that. The virtual console its just not the same people can't get into it, especially when they could be playing the latest games.
>>
It would be nice, because lettuce beef cereal, even though the consoles are designed very well and you take care of them properly... they aren't going to last another 30 years.

I highly doubt it unless Nintendo sees that they could profit a lot from it...

It's improbable, not impossible.
>>
>>2886104
>NES plug and plays
Don't those already exist? Not officially of course.

>>2886107
Pretty much this. The Virtual Console made this idea obsolete. They won't remake hardware because nostalgiafags aren't a core demographic.
>>
File: tmp_10130-693030601-717849668.jpg (186KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_10130-693030601-717849668.jpg
186KB, 1080x1080px
>>2886132
>they won't remake hardware because nostalgiafags aren't a core demographic

True, but they may see how it could appeal to a broader audience... just how Mario Maker is based on romhacks.

The idea isn't too bad, the original hardware produced in mass production is about $30 plus plastic at most. If they think they could sell an old game system for $100 and old games for $30, it would be very profitable.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (177KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
177KB, 1920x1080px
Hey at least it will make a shit ton more profit than the Wii U most likely their next console too.
>>
Also considering each nostalgia fag buys 5 or 10 of them. Because that's what they do.
>>
>>2886143

There's no way it would be profitable because the manufacturing costs are made in bulk and the market for something like that is not nearly as much as you might think it is.

Nintendo tends to be a forward thinking company for better or for worse. It wouldn't make sense for them to go backwards. Even with the Virtual Console they were using the new technology of digital distribution to market their old games.

Even as a collector's item I can't see them ever attempting something like this.
>>
File: tmp_10130-269176250-2082260217.jpg (64KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_10130-269176250-2082260217.jpg
64KB, 640x640px
>>2886168
I agree, but I have a feeling that Nintendo just won't let the authentic experience just die...

I'm thinking long term, in 30 years I don't know how many NESes will still be working...
>>
>>2886174

Buddy it's been dead since 1995.

The only thing keeping this corpse from rotting is the crazy people like us who obsess over it.
>>
>>2886090
The NES contains chips that weren't manufactured or designed by Nintendo. They would have to approach whoever owns the rights to said chips now and convince them to start up production again, which isn't exactly a trivial matter. Much cheaper and more profitable for them to just rerelease the games on their console market places.
>>
>>2886090
Some of the parts inside the NES are no longer made, so it's not possible anymore.
>>
>>2886219
>>2886432
I agree it's not happening, but if it ever was to happen then I'd imagine that Nintendo would go the console on chip or emulation route.
>>
>>2886143
True, but the problem is that it wouldn't appeal to collectors because it's not actually 'vintage'. 'Greatest hits' editions also only sell because they're usually cheap, and a few years later they're worthless to collectors.

30 bucks for a NES game isn't exactly cheap when you can just buy SMB for like three bucks on the VC.
>>
>>2886174
I'm interested in trying to preserve retro games for as long as possible for future generations, but I don't know much about hardware. What are some of the biggest failure points that would cause a system like the NES to become irreparable? Since people do replace broken parts on their old consoles from time to time to get them working again.

Disc-based games are another problem, since CDs are known to have a limited lifespan.

At least we have emulation. As long as the ROMs are preserved and the emulation is accurate, we'll at least have the games to play, even though I'll be sad to see the original physical media go.
>>
>>2886457
>emulation route

Are you living under a stone?
They are already doing it.
>>
>>2886126
Fuck that thing. I saved my Club Nintendo points for years waiting for something worthwhile to show up, and when nothing did, I went back to get that thing and it was GONE. IT'S NOT FAIR!!!

Anyway OP, Nintendo repaired Famicoms for YEARS, right into the new millennium until their chip supplier shut down and they finally ran out of parts. Bottom line is, there's no one around capable of mass-producing NES hardware these days. Unless we're talking shitty system-on-a-chip solutions, and I know you don't want that.
>>
>>2886493
No they aren't.

This thread is about a hypothetical situation where nintendo reissues an NES console. Please read threads more carefully in future.
>>
Some hard facts needed in this thread

>Solid state hardware does not just wear out. There's no reason for a well cared for cartridge console to ever stop working other than cart connectors - and people DO manufacture new ones of those

>Regarding manufacturing - people seem to think that manufacturing costs have gone down significantly but they haven't. Making an NES today would cost nearly as much as it did in the 80s, especially considering it had mass produced chips in it then that are no longer produced.

Nintendo could "take advantage of modern technology" but that wouldn't be much different than any other clone console.
>>
>>2886809
>No they aren't.

Yeah, they are. The virtual console is the only channel they're going to go through to cater to older console releases because it would take a bunch of money to toss together a new console that caters to a niche group.

>bu-bu-buht its not a 72 pin connector I can plug my carts in to

No shit. Why would they launch a cart based console for games they don't produce any more? They already realized there's a profitable market for cashing in on retro titles, and the virtual console was their answer to it. It would make literally 0 sense for them to go forward with the concept of a throwback console and then make it an emulator. You're talking Retron tier retardation if you think anyone wants to buy an emulator that requires a fucking cartridge to work.
>>
It's not gonna happen. The NES used chips the chips that it used because they were still being manufactured AT THAT TIME. They aren't manufactured anymore (meaning Nintendo would have to work out deals with factories to completely start up new operations rather than just put in orders for a new run) so it would be extremely cost ineffective for Nintendo to make 1:1 nes' again. Even if I'm overestimating the cost of completely restarting NES production, it would more than likely cost more than what you would expect.
The only thing that I could see happening is an accurate emulator on modern hardware that has a slot for the classic cartridges for nes and SNES. But even that's kind of a pipe dream
>>
Fuck reissues. This new generation needs to learn to start coming up with ORIGINAL IDEAS instead of simply regurgitating everything from pop culture of the last 3 decades. At this rate it won't be long before the Catholic church starts deciding to crucify a new Jesus every 2 decades. Enjoy the past the way it was intended to be enjoyed and not by dressing it up and in many cases even degrading the quality in the process.
>>
>>2886869

I like you, friendo. You need to be King of All Cosmos for a day.
>>
>>2886851
The virtual console isn't a reissued NES bud. The anon you're sperging out at said if they reissued a NES it'd most likely emulate.
>>
File: mint usa nes.jpg (200KB, 1599x1065px) Image search: [Google]
mint usa nes.jpg
200KB, 1599x1065px
Cool topic though - Some great comments. Those chips surely could be reverse engineered and maybe the copyright has expired anyway. Woudn't cost sweet F/A if they're manufactured in china.
>>
File: g1 reissue devastator.jpg (101KB, 693x555px) Image search: [Google]
g1 reissue devastator.jpg
101KB, 693x555px
Nintendo could manufacture their own everdrive carts too, and the games could be purchased through virtual console and stored to that?
>>
>>2886930

Sorry, the TPP passed. They can renew patents now.
>>
File: 1451413981478.jpg (84KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1451413981478.jpg
84KB, 960x720px
>>2886930
I still remember like it was yesterday, the day that my parents came home with my NES.
>>
>>2886930
It would probably be far more likely that some 3rd party would reverse engineer them and make a quality clone console than Nintendo would do it.
>>
File: Crying.jpg (55KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
Crying.jpg
55KB, 645x773px
>>2887309
>the day that my parents came home with my NES
And left me behind at the store.
>>
>>2887309
People born before the 80s post here
hot damn old man
>>
>>2887628

just where the FUCK do you think you are, kid??? we BUILT this retro gaming shit. the nostalgia is OURS you fuckface!!!
>>
>>2887628
Well, yeah.

The golden age of /vr/ was all 30-40 year olds...
>>
>>2886930
The cpu is a modified 6502 by MOS and the PPU is from Ricoh.

Both copyrights have ran out decades ago.

Hyundai already reverse engineered it for the South Korean market years ago.
>>
>>2886851
>Yeah, they are. The virtual console is the only channel they're going to go through to cater to older console releases because it would take a bunch of money to toss together a new console that caters to a niche group.
I'm aware of the virtual console, but that's not what this thread is about. It's about the idea of Nintendo re-releasing a NES.

>>bu-bu-buht its not a 72 pin connector I can plug my carts in to
>No shit. Why would they launch a cart based console for games they don't produce any more?
I've already said I don't believe they would, but this thread is dealing with the hypothetical situation where they do.

I'm sorry you're having trouble following that.
>>
>>2887628
Well we have real experience with the stuff so what do you expect? It's like being shocked dads are into dad rock.

>>2887632
>get off my lawn you little wippersnapper
>>
File: shia-labeouf.jpg (27KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
shia-labeouf.jpg
27KB, 1200x630px
>>2886090
>Nothing is impossible

I believe too, anon. I believe too.
>>
>>2886930
Well....they have been. That's what modern clone consoles are; reproductions of the old NES chips.They aren't perfectly accurate, though, which is why the sound is always a bit off and some games glitch out. We'll never get a perfect NES reproduction unless Nintendo does it themselves.

That said, I wouldn't personally be too hyped about it if they made one. I still have a working Famicom and NES. I'm sure most other enthusiasts do too, and they make up the majority of the demographic such a reproduction would pander to. It's a far more cost-effective solution to just do Virtual Console.

At least Nintendo's VC emulation is well-tested and high-quality. I don't really care for the blurry filter and dark palette they use on the Wii U NES VC, but at least it works better than fucking Retron. (Original Wii VC is superior; lets you output in 240p.)
>>
File: tmp_2783-part1-10a-717849668.jpg (81KB, 570x286px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_2783-part1-10a-717849668.jpg
81KB, 570x286px
The 6502 chip was reverse engineered by Hyundai before since it had to be produced in Korea, pic related.

Besides, the patent ran out, you can buy the 6502 en masse already for a couple of bucks... it was just a cheap chip used in many arcades and cheap platforms of the time:

http://www.mouser.com/Search/m_ProductDetail.aspx?Western-Design-Center-WDC%2fW65C02S6TPG-14%2f&qs=sGAEpiMZZMvu0Nwh4cA1wSNu7hWmGrIdvYIw7nZ2DMI%3d

You faggots need to stop pretending that a company like Nintendo couldn't make a new perfect reproduction NES for $10 made in China.

Now why would they? That's another issue altogether.
>>
Remember when they found a bunch of new old stock Dreamcasts?

Good times. Wish that would happen again because I was poor as fuck at the time.
>>
>>2887792
The NES doesn't use an actual 6502.

It's a proprietary kind with sound generators and no decimal mode.
>>
>>2887801
It was literally an off the rack 6502 that was stripped down by MOS themselves.

I hate to repeat myself, but Hyundai already did it.

Stop pretending that it would be difficult to do, it's embarrassing.
>>
File: ricoh_systems.png (591KB, 893x571px) Image search: [Google]
ricoh_systems.png
591KB, 893x571px
>>2887825
In fact, MOS stopped producing the modified 6502 chips in 1992 and then Ricoh stepped in to produce the chips for Nintendo until it was no longer deemed profitable (2005).

It's not this magical chip.
>>
I'm sure alot of us here would buy it. And alot of hipsters would get into it. But, would it be profitable? After manufacturing, advertising, ect it would need more than just us buying it. Even then, I have a nice working Nintendo with a fresh BLWin installed. A re-issued NES may just not appeal to me unless they add a bigger video signal. Which is also expensive.

We live in a world where frigging EA and Activision are the top game publishers and the Wii U (which massively caters to both new and old fans) is getting it's balls stomped by the bro consoles.

Just because a community of fans is into something doesn't mean it's a good idea or that it will print money. In fact, it's kind of hard to justify.
>>
The only way I can see this happening is if they release some special edition Wii U or Nintendo NX (or whatever) that comes with a classic NES bundled in.
>>
>>2887678
You can't ignore actual aspects of reality when talking about hypotheticals. They already released an emulator box compatible with a bunch of NES roms. And SNES Roms. And bunch of other systems. And it plays Wii games. Or Wii U games if you get that one. It's no one else's fault you posted something along the lines of "Well, they could do NES on a chip" (reasonable) "or emulation route" (full retard)

You're just continuing with the stupidity if you think because they didn't brand it as an NES you can say its not the same thing.
>>
>>2888725
>They already released an emulator box compatible with a bunch of NES roms.
They did, but once again, that is not what this thread is about. What part of this are you struggling to understand?

>You're just continuing with the stupidity if you think because they didn't brand it as an NES you can say its not the same thing.
They clearly aren't the same thing... That should be obvious...
>>
>>2889007
>They did,

Yes they did.

>but once again,

You want to keep refusing to see the idiocy of what you stated?

>that is not what this thread is about.

Except this is exactly what the thread is about.

>What
>part
>of
>this
>are
>you
>struggling
>to
>understand?

The part where you can't comprehend that an emulator NES re-release would be redundant.
>>
File: not a NES.jpg (12KB, 440x330px) Image search: [Google]
not a NES.jpg
12KB, 440x330px
>Except this is exactly what the thread is about

If you refer back to the OP you'll see that this is a thread about reissuing the NES. Now yes, you can play a selection of NES games on it, but it is not a reissue of the NES, it's a very different console.

>The part where you can't comprehend that an emulator NES re-release would be redundant.

Arguably, but that doesn't really matter. Not everything has to be useful. I'd also argue it makes hardware clones just as redundant, but you seem less hostile towards them.

The Wii can also play a selection of Megadrive games via emulation. As can all the other major modern consoles, they can also be purchased on Steam. By your logic this makes emulation based reproductions of the Meagadrive redundant, and it's a fair argument. But that doesn't stop companies from producing them, both licensed and unlicensed, and it doesn't stop people from buying them. And of course some people just like to use cartridges, which you don't get with the Wii. People buy the Retron 5 after all.

But obviously Nintendo aren't Sega and, as I said at the start, I don't believe they will reissue the NES, there isn't the market to justify doing it properly and I don't believe Nintendo would cheap out over it like AtGames's Megadrives. But who knows, perhaps if the retro trend is still going strong in 20 years then some executives might think that it would be a cool thing to do as a limited run to celebrate the NES's 50th birthday or something.

You seem more open to the idea of Nintendo doing this as a console on chip, but I'm not sure why. Since such a product would only ever have a fairly small market it would seem silly for Nintendo to R&D a new chip when they already have a functioning emulator. It also allows for things like the zapper to be emulated using motion sensing technology, though I'm sure this could also be done with a hardware clone as well, I would imagine that it would again push the R&D costs up.
>>
>>2889057
Holy shit you are genuinely retarded this entire thread is about hypothetically reissuing the NES.
>>
>>2886174
The NES is a flawed piece of hardware and wasn't designed to work long-term. The Famicom on the other hand is a tank, and was still being manufactured into the early 2000's. We won't be running out of working units anytime soon. And when we do, we can all play NOACs.
>>
I hope they do this, the original Australian NES was awful and made most of the games unplayable.
>>
>>2886090
I think cartridges are getting more and more in demand. People are wanting a retro feel.
>>
>>2886174
>>2886485
>>2889241
The NES and other cartridge based systems don't really have any fatal flaws. If you are gentle, treat the system with respect, play it rarely, and keep it in a clean, dust free, and temperature regulated environment...
On a shelf in your living room
>NO STORAGE BINS OUTSIDE OR IN THE BASEMENT OR ATTIC

There is essentially no reason the system will die or break.
>>
>>2889456
That's just not true about the NES. The ZIF connector will fail, regardless of how gingerly you insert carts. The other components will indeed last a lifetime, but not that damn connector. Famicom has no such issue.
>>
File: tmp_5803-161145696-717849668.jpg (64KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_5803-161145696-717849668.jpg
64KB, 640x640px
>>2890492
That's why any true /vr/aider uses the NES-101...

But I am aware that these are in much shorter supply.

I am shocked that no Chinese company has successfully cloned the NES 100% yet... the Chinese were able to clone American Airforce helicopters with 99.9% perfection.

How can nobody perfectly clone a 30 year old piece of simple hardware of which there is AMPLE documentation... sure it wouldn't be legal, but when has this stopped the industrious young men and women in the Chinese pirate market?
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 480x270px
>>2886130
>lettuce beef cereal
What
>>
>>2890643

Why the fuck do you keep posting half-naked women? Is this a desperate move to get our attention so we'll read your otherwise shitty posts?

Go be a special snowflake somewhere else.
>>
>>2890671
>getting triggered by the female form
allahu ackbar ahkmed, shouldn't you be out there culturally enriching europoors?
>>
>>2890643
I believe it would probably be legal, the NOACs currently on the market are 100% legal. I use an AV Famicom myself, the NES-101's RF only video out is a sad compromise.
>>
>>2890671
I always post /fit/ girls.

Ignore them if you wish.
>>
>>2890759
Well, you gotta get them modded... unless you're Captain Moneybags and have one of those AV NES-101s...
>>
>>2890781
I generally avoid modding my retro consoles, hence the AV Fami. I just use an adapter for my few NES-only games (mainly Maniac Mansion). I use my Wii U in Wii mode for a nice digital video- out for homebrew channel emulators when I want save-states or to play a game I don't own.
>>
Personally I'd rather see new controllers stamped & sold by 1st party manufacturers, or at least officially licensed new oem spec controllers through 3rd parties like Madcatz.
>>
>>2890771

Avatarfagging is against the global rules. Fuck off.
>>
>>2890957
Someone doesn't understand the rule.

Fuck off, Muslim.
>>
>>2890781

Her name. Now!
>>
File: 04.jpg (26KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
04.jpg
26KB, 400x300px
>>2890759
I'm not claiming I know JACKSHIT about patent/copyright law but aren't those emulation on a chip legal because emulation perse is legal since it doesn't violate IP?

But I'm not certain that copying a modified 6502 and PPU and encasing it as a faux NES would be legal.

If so, why hasn't anybody done this yet!? I understand why Nintendo doesn't do it... but why doesn't Hungdong Industries produce it?

On Alibaba you can literally get a 6502 clone for pennies... and all the stores take custom orders for over 10000 chips. The well documented modification chip is fucking easy for these guys....

A motherboard? A dollar, the PPU, pennies... 10 bucks in pins and assorted components and 10 bucks in plastic casing and packaging...

All in all under $25... and that's conservative. And can EASILY go for $50, a steal compared to the AV NES-101s on eBay.
>>
>>2891628
wtf are u saying
>>
>hurr durr everything's nostalgia
Found the millenials that never played one when it first came out.
>>
>>2891639
Technical stuff.

It would be easy to make an NES clone with 100% accuracy for cheap, why nobody has tried is beyond me.
>>
>>2891657
I... I started gaming on the Genesis sir, please let me in the club. :(
>>
>>2891628
You're right about. one thing. You don't know jackshit. If it was so easy people wouldn't have tried and failed thousands of times.

>>2891718
>why
because just understanding basic facts is beyond you.
>>
>>2891718
The patents have expired, but the mask copyrights have not. And in any case you'll need to substantially redesign it to reduce part count and get high yields on a modern process. The NRE is way too high for something that will appeal to a few nerds, most of whom will reject it as "inaccurate" regardless of its real accuracy.
>>
>>2891775
Edgy kid, I see.

Grow up.

>>2891785
This sounds like it may be the case... still in the era of the NES there were many clones that delivered a very good experience like the Dendy. The Hyundai Convoy was basically a professionally made clone.

I find it hard to believe, but there must be a reason there aren't dozens of accurate clones out there.
>>
>>2891785
>there's a mask inside the NES
smokin!
>>
>>2891785
>mask copyrights
I just assumed they worked like copyright because of the copyright symbols in die shots. Actually mask work rights are much shorter than ordinary copyrights and those have expired too.
>>
>>2892013
I think I'm going to talk to my brother-in-law... he's an engineer and he knows plenty of really big hardware nerds...

Maybe I can be instrumental in a company that develops a clone that's up to the standards of an elitist and ungrateful community and get their hard earned neet-bux.
>>
File: libyans.jpg (87KB, 960x498px) Image search: [Google]
libyans.jpg
87KB, 960x498px
>>2886130

>lettuce beef cereal

OH MY GOD THEY FINALLY CAME FOR ME.
>>
>>2891718
> but aren't those emulation on a chip legal because emulation perse is legal since it doesn't violate IP?

you're right, how could a pleb like me understand such a beautifully structured sentence. If it was that easy it would have happened already.
>>
I don't come here for over a year and wow has this place changed.

Is this what /v/ is like?

People are trying to make legitimate points with actual researched positions on patent laws, copyrights and technical specs and you shit on them like jerks for no good reason?

They add to the conversation. Quiet your asses down.
>>
>>2893276
There's a lot of misinformation flying around this thread. People are generally shitting on poorly researched and factually incorrect statements.
>>
>>2886130
I'm sorry, did you mean let us be serious. Please never type something that retarded ever again.
>>
File: 2muchcare.jpg (77KB, 874x620px) Image search: [Google]
2muchcare.jpg
77KB, 874x620px
>post yfw a new cartridge based console comes out with all of 2016's new technology incorporated in it, and includes a cartridge the size of the old N64 carts but with the storage space and power of a sd card of that size
>>
>>2893304
It's a bb.com meme.
>>
>>2886946
Thanks doc.
>>
>>2893347
But Retro VGS already failed.
>>
>>2886090
Fuck Nintendo!

You know what needs to be re-released? Amiga. One that's compatible with the computers of course.

Hopefully it's possible for Motorola to trivially create a version of the coldfire CPU that has the 2 missing instructions added back in.
>>
File: which part.jpg (82KB, 560x480px) Image search: [Google]
which part.jpg
82KB, 560x480px
>>2886090
>>
Do you know how expensive it is to get someone to remake old chips? I work for a company that exclusively does this for military applications and they pay us millions for small batch runs (<500). Unless Nintendo has a stack of old chips lying around or, for some reason, the chips never became obsolete, it's a very expensive proposition.
>>
>>2892163
And when he tells you you're retarded will you listen to him?

>>2893276
>I haven't been here since last summer and anything legitimate has been posted ITT
Yes. This is what /v/ is like.
>>
>>2894367
You can buy 6502s from Alibaba at less than $0.03 a chip.
>>
Where did this "cloning old hardware is hard" meme come from?

Chinese and Russian pirates have done this for decades.
>>
>>2896328

lmao wasn't this the one that didn't have a start button on the 2nd controller? and since the controllers were hard-wired you had no way of joining any game as a 2nd player?
>>
>>2896363
They were just copying Famicom's retarded layout.

The Dendy was a 99% accurate clone of the Famicom.

Anyone claiming it's impossible or even difficult is being a contrarian.
>>
File: post_famicom_main-1.png (291KB, 640x398px) Image search: [Google]
post_famicom_main-1.png
291KB, 640x398px
Awesome thread guys some really good positive stuff here
>>
>>2896321
Alibaba doesn't sell shit faggot. It's for sourcing suppliers and those $0.03-$10 prices are just bullshit you fill in because you have to fill in the field.

>>2896328
What Russian pirates? As far as I know the only "Russian" who ever cloned old hardware is actually from the Ukraine and cloned game doctors not consoles.
>>
>>2896794
Oh man, I see I struck your autism... yes you have to buy through Alibaba, not FROM them. We all know that, faggot, people say you buy from eBay all the time. The prices aren't a lie, besides you can buy 6502s for $2 or less even from Western sources.

>What Russian pirates?
How about the fucking image he posted.

He's right, you're a combative contrarian just for the hell of it.
>>
>>2896823
Have you ever bought anything from/through alibaba? Have you ever bought anything from/through aliexpress? Do you know the difference?

He posted a picture of a dendy branded micro genius. Made in Taiwan faggot.

When is summer holiday over in your part of the (3rd) world?
>>
>>2896975
Well Steepler is a Russian company but the Famicom was built in Taiwan.

That's like saying Apple is Chinese since they build the iPhones in China.

What's wrong did Famicloner molest you as a child or something, what joy do you get from playing make-believe that making a Famiclone is somehow difficult?

It's been done a shit-ton times before and likely Famiclones were produced for very low income nations in Africa and South America until the early 2000s.

You're splitting hairs over the Alibaba issue and you know it.

You're a miserable little man... I really hope you're just trolling and don't seriously believe the bullshit you're posting in this thread.
>>
>>2897187
They didn't just slap an Apple logo on a Chinese phone and call it an iphone. The comparison is comical.

I'm not splitting hairs on Alibaba. You just don't have a clue how it works and your ignorance lead to you making a ludicrous claim. Show me a receipt for your "less than $0.03" 6502s faggot.

You have a very distorted view of reality. I'm guessing this is another age related issue?
>>
File: tmp_17172-Pocketfami1617389980.jpg (13KB, 340x255px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_17172-Pocketfami1617389980.jpg
13KB, 340x255px
I'm convinced this guy is a plant for Retron 5 or something. Everything he has claimed on this thread is a flat out falsehood.

Not only has the NES/Famicom been cloned successfully for decades and new hardware clones (not just emulation on a chip) are still being produced today (OneBus being popular and they even sell them at retro game conventions)... they are so common that the term Famiclone exists.

All hardware patents have expired, you can legally clone and even make it look like an exact replica of a NES/Famicom and sell it as long as you don't violate Trademarks or IP on software.

http://bootleggames.wikia.com/wiki/Famiclone

I think "the NES can't be cloned" should be a new /vr/ meme.
>>
>>2897779
>I think "i never played on a real system" should be a new /vr/ meme
It has been for ages
>>
File: 4143321.png (2MB, 1448x1052px) Image search: [Google]
4143321.png
2MB, 1448x1052px
>>2897779
>I think "the NES can't be cloned" should be a new /vr/ meme
may as well do it right
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.