[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good ROM Hacks Thread 3 (aka ROM Hacking General)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 238
Thread images: 33

File: Super 'Mario' World.png (5KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Super 'Mario' World.png
5KB, 256x224px
Because you guys wanted it. In this thread you can talk about everything related to ROM hacking: project showoffs, hacking help, good ROM recommendations, you name it.

The newest version of our good ROM Hack list can be found below (recommendations are welcome):

http://pastebin.com/pYxhe4L7

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B94-QZw-lfC4aU5aNnUzMEVsTEE/edit?usp=sharing (Google Drive mirror)
>>
>>1907540
I'm already in world 2 of Super mario 3 Mix.

I fell in love with that romhack. The level design is great (inspired by the three NES mario games, plus some super mario world), and getting all the star coins on each level is a fun challenge.

Also, playing with toad is great.

Go play that shit. You'll fall in love as soon as you see the title screen.
>>
I have a bunch of SMW rom hacks downloaded, and they all seem pretty diverse, but I'm curious if there's one that just feels like a proper sequel to SMW. Good, consistent level design, good difficulty curve that isn't too hard, good length, secrets, etc.
>>
File: LegendofDragoon.jpg (73KB, 493x500px) Image search: [Google]
LegendofDragoon.jpg
73KB, 493x500px
I'm looking for someone to romhack or create how to romhack instructions for this game (see pic) and I'd be willing to pay via commission work.
>>
https://www.mediafire.com/?aaaa6pg91cc45qk

I don't fuckin know
>>
>>1908282
>Hacking PSX games
>Hacking CD based games that don't install

You ever wonder why CD based games don't really have a lot of romhacks? The files usually get jammed together into a single .bin or .dat, which means figuring out anything involves a ton of digging. Digging through hundreds of megabytes of hex isn't really anyone's idea of a good time.

And in the end, at BEST you will be able to do some numbers editing, like a difficulty hack or something. You can't add new stuff in without changing the size of the .iso, and thus breaking a ton of pointers and making the game unusable.

Good luck to you and all, but I don't think you are gonna find anyone willing to even try.
>>
>>1908282
>>1908726
What would you even romhack Legend of Dragoon? New stupid content? Making additions automatic? New additions?

I never liked Romhacks. They always feel like baby's first game designers ideas.
>>
>>1908726
That's why I'm paying money since no one is willing to do it for free. There was someone who was making hardmode hack for it but he lost all of his data and his drive to do it all over again.

>>1908758
>What would you even romhack Legend of Dragoon
Nostalgically it's my all time favorite JRPG. I know there are better JRPGs by comparison but muh nostalgia.
>New stupid content? Making additions automatic? New additions?
Mostly to edit the horrible localization and simple things such as changing values for boss & mob stats, exp, gold and item drop, add items/equipment, edit what chests gives and so much more.

I just want this game more to have more than what the original developers did for the game.
>>
>>1908183
>I'm already in world 2 of Super mario 3 Mix.

I like SMB3 mix, it has some really awesome level design, but there's one fairly big flaw with the hack, the slowdown is absolutely abysmal. .. and it's in every single level, so bad that it really detracts from what would otherwise be a top notch hack.
>>
File: 0iWUGJ3.jpg (40KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
0iWUGJ3.jpg
40KB, 640x480px
Are there any good hacks of the Kirby games?
>>
>>1908881
under development.
Kirby's Adventure editor only just came out, it's expected to take some time before any good hacks come out.

It should also be mentioned that Devin Acker has released a toolset called ExHal, which allows de- and recompression of levels/graphics/everything in many HAL games, including most Kirbys. If you're a competent programmer and a ROM hacker, those tools are an invaluable godsend if you go on making a Kirby editor
>>
>>1908726
do you have any idea what you're talking about? PSX games have a filesystem, so if you mount the ISO you'll find all the files used by the game. FILES. Some games even have folders called "music" or "graphics" or "levels."

It is literally the exact opposite of what you said; cartridge based games are the ones that have their files "jammed into a single file"

Christ...
>>
>>1908881
http://www.mediafire.com/download/btuif0zcbun7kuu/Kirbyhack2.nes

Just a two-world demo, but its fully playable.
>>
>>1908726
Hacking a CD-based game isn't that different from hacking a cartridge-based game; the main issue is that by the time CD-based games were popular, compression and encryption techniques were more widely used, and these things are a major pain in the ass for a hacker if he doesn't know how the data is compressed/encrypted.
>>
>>1908190
>but I'm curious if there's one that just feels like a proper sequel to SMW.

You want hacks that feel like a sequel to SMW? Check these out:

Mario Gives Up:

+ Great level variety
+ Decent length
+ It provides a good mix of great Nintendo-like level design...
-...and lots of gimmicky levels that aren't bad but don't feel Mario-ish

SMW 2+3:

+ This hack turns SMW into an open-world platformer with RPG elements
+ Great level variety
+ Overall polish
- Cringeworthy story
- The level design isn't bad, but it's very linear

Super Demo World: The Legend Continues:

+ It's a very big hack (120 exits)
+ Lots of post-game content
+ Solid level design...
-...except World 1, World 7 and Star World, those are just chore to play.

Super "Mario" World 1&2:

+ Great level design
+/- Well, look at the image in the OP. I personally like this weird art syle, but someone else my not.
- High difficulty level

Super Pika Land Ultra (Both versions);

+ Great level design
+/- Pokemon-themed

The Second Reality Project Reloaded 1 & 2:

+ Great level design
+ Consistent art styles
+ Lots of content
- Both of these hacks feature completely original soundtracks, but they are rather bad.
- Difficulty curve isn't bad but it could be better.
>>
>>1910080
This list is very good. I'll download them.

I'm currently playing "Mario gives up". It's a solid hack, with funny and pretty levels

"2012: Master Hand's Doomsday" is one of my favorites,

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1486/

Level design is awesome, with many custom sprites, music and bosses (the overworld map is ugly as fuck, though)
>>
>>1909181
It actually depends on the game. Some PSX games have a file system(check out Twisted Metal 2, it's pretty neatly organized), others have one or two .bin, .dat, .TIM, or a few other format files, and some are a mix of the two. Castlevania SotN is a mix, half of the files are in folders, but the rest are all jammed inside XA_STR1, which is 406MBs.
>>
>>1910675
Still, mounting a PSX ISO will ALWAYS give you even a few files; a pack of neatly organized files or just three unknown files, but it's still nicer to have than one 4MB ROM with no idea where stuff is hidden.
Besides, if you figure out what developer X's ".Y" format is and how to edit them, you're bound to be able to do so in the dev's other games.
I don't mean to come out as harsh, but it's still a big overstatement to say that PSX games are way way harder to hack.
We should look into Umihara Kawase Shun. Its files are neatly organized, graphics very neatly packed, and /vr/ loves that game.
>>
>>1911783
>three unknown files, but it's still nicer to have than one 4MB ROM with no idea where stuff is hidden.
>three unknown files totaling roughly 700MBs
>nicer than one 4MB file

You are joking right? That's like saying you are better off digging for a needle in a haystack than a needle in a coffee cup of hay.
>>
>>1912335
Hackers don't just open the file and start reading it from start to finish. They generally have tools that will help them search for what they're looking for. At the end of the day, the relative size of the file doesn't really matter when you can just set your corrupter to corrupt larger chunks.
>>
>>1907540
OP you should add Chrono Trigger Crimson Echoes or Flames of Eternity to that Pastebin. They are two somewhat different versions of the same project to create content that bridges the gap between Trigger and Cross dont with assets from Trigger as well as some custom sprites and other assets. It was done with the mindset of not perverting the spirit of the original game while still offering a new and interesting experience.
Nintendo C&D'd it when it was a few months away from going public leaving a few things without quality assurance testing but it/they can be played from beginning to end without game ending errors and is definitely worth a try. Not to hard to find a ROM of but I'm always hesitant to post good links of it.
>>
>>1913270
Sorry, I meant Squeenix C&D'd it
>>
>>1913270
>nintendo
I think you mean Square-Enix.

Anyways, Crimson Echoes is trash. Its literally fanfiction tier writing. Its terrible, they "rebalanced" everything but it plays worse. I'd knock it for being short, but being short in this case is actually a good thing.

Trash modhack
>>
>>1913336
>everyone has one and no one thinks theirs stinks
Also, learn to read when you post six minutes after I've corrected myself.
>>
>>1913336
I personally also didn't like CE, but it's not the first time I've seen it being recommended in these threads. FoE seems a bit more polished than CE so I'll add that one to the list.
>>
What are the best SMB hacks?
>>
>>1915236
Mario Adventure and Super Mario Bros. 3mix are the two best SMB3 hacks; I haven't messed with any SMW hacks out of concern for the chance of me getting one of those kaizo hacks by mistake, but I've played all the recommended SMB3 hacks and those two are definitely the best.
>>
>>1915695
>I haven't messed with any SMW hacks out of concern for the chance of me getting one of those kaizo hacks by mistake, but I've played all the recommended SMB3 hacks and those two are definitely the best.

Check the pastebin, the only kaizo hacks there are Kaizo Mario World and its sequel.
>>
>>1913270
>It was done with the mindset of not perverting the spirit of the original game

like how they made Chrono fucking talk?
>>
>>1910080
>all those hacks
>feel like a sequel to SMW
Do you even know what you're talking about? All the hacks you named have a shitton of custom graphics and too much gimmicks, they aren't bad per se, but they definitely don't feel like a sequel to SMW.
Here are some hacks which actually look like a sequel to SMW:
>Bowser Rampages Again
>Final Fantasy: Super Moogle World
>Super Mario Ocean
>>
>>1908758
There's some things you can do.
>text cleanup
>make Kongol not suck
>make Zanebatos not so much of a hassle
>Lavitz/Albert no longer learns every single addition by the end of disc 1

etc.
>>
Is there a SMRPG hack that simply changes "Toadstool" to "Peach"?
>>
>>1917223
This has that, along with some other changes:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/715/

>Toadstool renamed to Peach
>Bowser's Keep renamed Bowser's Castle
>Mushroom Kingdom renamed Toad Town
>Magikoopa renamed to Kamek
>Goby renamed to Cheep-Cheep
>The Big Boo renamed to Boo
>War Fan renamed to Folding Fan
>NokNok Shell renamed Koopa Shell
>Nautica Dress renamed Sailor Dress
>Dialogue changes but nothing really major
>Two new items created but can only be bought by Toad at the end of the game
>Command icons changed to match PAL SNES controller, same as well in the Bowyer boss fight
>>
I beat kaizu super mario only using 5 save states.

Even then it was a fucking nightmare. I'm done with ROM hacks now.
>>
>>1910080
>The Second Reality Project 1
You forgot:
-Some segments are bullshit and gimmicky as all hell. Like when you fly towards Bowser's ship in the last level and have to avoid Koopas. One hit kills you and it's very hard to dodge with the way the cape works.
-Levels drag on and on and on, especially towards the end. Not to mention they're pretty damn tough.

The last level gives you a time limit of 999. It is entirely possible to die by time over on that level.
>>
I highly recommend Metroid Incursion. There is a version without saves and a version with saves that has ice beam in it.
>>
File: The List - Part 1.png (704KB, 2216x3562px) Image search: [Google]
The List - Part 1.png
704KB, 2216x3562px
>>1910473
If you' want more good SMW hacks, then check out our list or these two charts.

>"2012: Master Hand's Doomsday" is one of my favorites

You should play Mario vs. Bowser and Mighty No.9 by the same author. It's much better than Master's Hand Doomsday.
>>
File: The List - Part 2.png (518KB, 2264x2216px) Image search: [Google]
The List - Part 2.png
518KB, 2264x2216px
>>1918137
Part 2 of the chart.

>>1917190
To be honest, chocolate hacks feel more sequel-y to me than vanilla ones. Mentioning Super Pika Land Ultra and Super "Mario" Worlds was a bad idea, I give you that. They are great, but they don't feel like a true SMW sequel by any means. By the way, nice list.

>>1917573
Which version did you play? Remake or the original? I played the former few months ago and the only over-the-top part I can remember is the section wher you have to get across a giant pit by spin-jumping on a Bullet Bill.
>>
>>1915695
I'm talking about SMB1 hacks.
>>
File: Dream Land Color.png (13KB, 480x432px) Image search: [Google]
Dream Land Color.png
13KB, 480x432px
>>1908881
No.
>>
I hope somebody competent makes a new gameboy colorizor some day soon.
>>
>>1919707
it's honestly not that simple as one might think
>>
>>1912335
Are you implying that all PSX games use the exact quota of 700MB?
>>
>>1918162
>By the way, nice list
Thanks, interesting thing is that I made the lists you posted (>>1918137 and >>1918162)
I'm glad they're still on here, they probably helped a lot of anons
>>
>>1908881
I want to make a level editor for kirby's dream land 2 but I don't know where to begin.

How do I find out where the level data is located in the game and how it's organized?
>>
File: 10.png (53KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
10.png
53KB, 256x224px
were you /vr/bros aware that there's an upcoming hack of DKC2 that replaces Dixie with Donkey Kong? No joke
>>
>>1919983
Most data in roms is found by using corruptors on sections of a rom then playing it to see what breaks. When you enter a level and the platforms are a mess that means the area you corrupted contained level data. It's very trial and error. You're probably going to need to decompress the rom first though, I've heard HAL games use some crazy compression scheme.
>>
File: Extra Mario Bros_001.png (3KB, 256x240px) Image search: [Google]
Extra Mario Bros_001.png
3KB, 256x240px
>>1919478
Extra Mario Bros. is one of the best rom hacks ever made. It's a total bitch to learn since it's a Metroid/SMB hybrid that expects you to be decent at both, but the payoff is huge.

Super Mario Unlimited seems pretty good if you want something more vanilla.
>>
>>1919983
step one: get exhal from https://github.com/devinacker/exhal
step two: get prismviewer http://www.geocities.jp/borokobo/neo/download.html#Kirby2 (it's the link that says [10]Prism Viewer version 0.01)
step three: analyse the source code of prismviewer, there should be a list of level addresses somewhere or something
step four: write your newfangled kirby2 editor, powered by exhal, inspired by dreamtool, but with cleaner code and nicer UI.
>>
>>1920094
>HAL games use some crazy compression scheme
True, but it's all been figured out. Google for ExHal.
>>
>>1920129
>exhal
Does that actually work?
Like it perfectly decompresses everything?
>>
>>1920094
Hey I used to hack roms, are the sprites for the pokemon in red/blue compressed? Because I couldn't find them in tile editors.

Is there any way to decompress them?

Also how the fuck would you find out how to decompress them?
>>
>>1920146
Yeah. And recompress - even with greater compression ratio than HAL's original. Granted, you still gotta know where the data IS.
Prismviewer's source code should tell you where the level data is.
>>
>>1920150
Yup, compressed. Don't wanna namedrop but iirc Techokami knows how to decompress em
>>
>>1920094
I guess that's ONE way of doing it. I much prefer opening the ROM with a graphical editor(Tile Molester or what have you) to ID all the graphics, then coming back through with a tracer to try and ID as much ASM as possible. What little remains I usually manually edit(corrupt) to try and see what it does.

Be sure and post whatever info you find on Data Crystal, the more ROM and RAM maps we have, the more hacking will happen.
>>
>>1920123
>prismviewer
b-but I don't understand japanese

;.;
>>
>>1920159
>Yup, compressed. Don't wanna namedrop but iirc Techokami knows how to decompress em
Why hasn't someone done this already and made it into a nice program?
>>
>>1920215
I have no idea why Pokemon hacking is such a mess, but Romhacking.net has a listing of various editing tools for the Red/Blue roms. Map editors, trainer editors, shop editors, etc. Didn't see a sprite editor specifically though.

I'm guessing most of the Pokemon fans and would be hackers have moved on to the newer games.
>>
>>1920090
If only we can get a DKC3 hack that replaces Kiddy with DK, or with Dixie, or anyone.
>>
>>1920276
*or with Diddy
>>
>>1910080
>but they are rather bad.
I'm sorry you have shit taste.

>>1917573
>The last level gives you a time limit of 999. It is entirely possible to die by time over on that level.
You must be very, very bad at video games.
>>
>>1920263
Yeah, the vast majority of hacks are GBA. Older games don't get hacked much because not that many people know assembly, which is needed for any large-scale hacks that add major changes like new types or adding in a new feature (like that one hack someone said added abilities), and the DS games don't get hacked at all beyond difficulty hacks because there are no tools and it has that weird pseudo-3D thing in its map that I hear is a bitch to try to work with.
>>
>>1918162
>Which version did you play?
The remake. Maybe I exaggerated a bit. The part where you fly to Bowser's ship was the only one that felt genuinely unfair, but I just despise long Mario levels in general. It's not like Mega Man where there's a wide margin for error, or Contra where you have massive firepower to compensate for being defensively weak. I feel like I'm forced to play extra careful and it just turns into a slog.

>>1920297
I'd be fine with an average length level that's extremely hard, not a moderately difficult level stretched to bullshit lengths. I beat it, but I'm not doing it again.
>>
>>1920331
I also should add that long levels make me puke at the thought of a replay. Mario is at its most fun when you can breeze through it in small chunks. When the levels turn into marathons past a certain point, getting sent back to the very beginning after one or two mistakes kills my excitement.

Say I have ADD or I need to git gud or some shit, I really don't care. I'll be having fun with the original SMW.
>>
>>1920276
Kiddy>DK hack would be most viable I guess. I guarantee you, it could be done by hand, but it would take a lot of time. Would be easier to write a helper program for pointer calculation and visual aid.

>>1920163
But you can Google translate. Did you look at the source? Would think there's some "leveldraw" function or some shit. If it's entirely in Japanese, have a shot at google translate.
>>
File: 1387179307239.png (32KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
1387179307239.png
32KB, 256x224px
>>1920276
>>1920423
>replace Kiddy with DK
I have wanted this so bad for so long. From what I've heard, DKC isn't the easiest thing to hack. I've only ever seen rather shoddy DKC hacks. Does anyone have any experience with it?

DK could easily be given Kiddy's abilities. His attack/roll is already the same. The biggest issue I see is that he carries barrels above his head rather than in front of him, which would fuck up the carrying. But I guess sprite edits are easy enough.

If it were possible, it would probably make the game far more appealing to most people who dismissed it in the first place. DKC3 needs more love.
>>
Are there any for Street Fighter 2010? I saw one here a while ago and i cant find it. From what was said all it was just minor adjustments to improve the game
>>
>>1922536
I have some experience with the DKC series–replacing with Kiddy with DK isn't hard, just very time-consuming because Kiddy has like 300 sprites.
> The biggest issue I see is that he carries barrels above his head rather than in front of him
Not really, just a few values here and there. The truly biggest issue would be implementing the hand-slap.
>>
>>1910473
I followed your recommendation and played SMW 2012. It's a mixed bag, some levels are pretty good while others are awful.
>>
Maybe you guys can help me. I'm looking for romhacks that remove, or at least lessen the grinding in older RPGs. I'd like the fight difficulty to remain (particularly boss battles), just less fights with faster leveling maybe. Any balanced hacks out there for this sort of thing?
>>
File: why (243).png (104KB, 293x282px) Image search: [Google]
why (243).png
104KB, 293x282px
>>1917223
>>1917548
>>
>>1925092
Mother 1 has the Easy Ring.

All emulators have a fast forward option.
>>
File: 1410233956094.gif (2MB, 412x360px) Image search: [Google]
1410233956094.gif
2MB, 412x360px
>>
>>1919968
How's new version of the list coming along?
>>
>>1918137

>You should play Mario vs. Bowser and Mighty No.9 by the same author. It's much better than Master's Hand Doomsday

Thanks a lot. I'll look into them,
>>
>>1925668
>How's new version of the list coming along?
Sadly, it's not coming along at all. I tried making it, but I lost interest in SMW hacks sometimes in 2012, and I can't get back into it. I probably got burned out as I was playing only SMW hacks for a certain period of time.
I guess the stuff I made 2 years ago is all that you'll see from me.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/831iidazfebdhau/SMW+Hacks+v3.rar

I applaud the effort Specter made, as I've been following a few of rom hack threads he made here on /vr/, but I have to be honest and say I don't like all the SMW hacks he recommends, seems to me he puts a lot of mediocre stuff, but as long as people enjoy it it's good I guess, maybe I'm just being an elitist.
>>
>>1922536
I'd love the hack you've described, but honestly, if someone were to dismiss DK3 over a damn sprite, they weren't good enough to play it to begin with.
>>
File: 1410048907628.gif (2MB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
1410048907628.gif
2MB, 260x260px
>>1918137
>>1918162
>all these great hacks
>forever locked in zsnes
It's like the authors don't give a fuck once they're released. How hard could it be to update music to the new standard to allow shit to be played on any other emulator plus real hardware?
>>
>>1926143
>I applaud the effort Specter made, as I've been following a few of rom hack threads he made here on /vr/, but I have to be honest and say I don't like all the SMW hacks he recommends, seems to me he puts a lot of mediocre stuff, but as long as people enjoy it it's good I guess, maybe I'm just being an elitist.

All of my Pastebin lists consist mostly of recommendations made by our fellow /vr/os, because of that there's bound to be a few controversial choices. I think that's alright myself.

As a matter of fact, all the SMW hacks you see on the list come from recommendations I got and your charts.
>>
Quick question will these snes hacked roms work on the super Everdrive v2?
>>
>>1926424
A lot of SMW hacks don't work on anything but ZSNES because of inferior hacking tools leading to the music not being able to be played (newer ones will usually be fine, older ones usually won't), but I think most other hacks will always work fine.
>>
>>1926232
>How hard could it be
Depends. But it isn't easy, I give you that. There isn't some "fix" button.
>>
File: tristartest.png (57KB, 1513x865px) Image search: [Google]
tristartest.png
57KB, 1513x865px
BREAKING NEWS
this is just in
Devin aka >>1920129 's Exhal guy is working on a Kirby Triple Deluxe editor
>>
>>1926424
I've got an everdrive (dunno what version) and most SMW hacks with new music start getting fucked audio after a few levels.

Return to Dinosaur island works, and the chrono trigger hacks seem to be fine.
>>
>>1926249
>all the SMW hacks you see on the list come from recommendations I got and your charts
Not all the SMW hacks though, I don't recall having 3000 Leagues in Search of Bowser, Eyeless: Director's Cut, Mario X World DX, Mario X World Second Edition Returns, The Senate and a few others, but it doesn't matter, the selection has a lot of great hacks. Not that I can judge a few as I forgot how they are. I wish I could get into SMW romhacks again.
Keep up the good work with these generals, you can also use the mediafire link I posted, it's noob-friendly as everything in it is prepatched and in one place, so people don't have to download a lot of hacks seperately.
>>
>>1927850
I recommended the hacks you mentioned. Nice to see that OP added them.
>>
Are there any more romhacks like Moemon with cute anime girls?
>>
>>1928139
Touhoumon: Ordinary Version seems to fit the bill.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5e1yloiouga12u2/Touhoumon_-_Ordinary_Version_(v.1.23).7z
>>
>>1927225
Triple Deluxe? As in, the 3DS one?
>>
>>1930214
Hell yeah nigga

Emulators don't exist but a Gateway card probably works
>>
>>1917548

Before you decide to play this hack, just know this:

When you fight the giant cake during the Marrymore sequence, one of the chefs literally screams "the cake is a lie!"
>>
File: 1339117808930.jpg (165KB, 845x1036px) Image search: [Google]
1339117808930.jpg
165KB, 845x1036px
>>1930304
Oh, shit.
Is there a version that makes it not do that?

I just want to make my 6-year-old son play this game with "Peach" instead of "Toadstool"
>>
>>1930309
Whoops, sorry!

I mistook that hack for this one:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/611/

In this one, not only did they revise the script, they also overhauled and 'rebalanced' the fighting and levelling system

Don't play that one. Play the other one.
>>
File: 00000065-001.png (16KB, 291x300px) Image search: [Google]
00000065-001.png
16KB, 291x300px
>>1930304
>>
>>1925118
The original MOTHER (or EarthBound Zero for that matter) does not have the Easy Ring, it was coded specifically for MOTHER 1+2 fan translation. However, there is an EB0 hack called EarthBound Easy which simply doubles the ammount of EXP points you get from the enemies.

http://starmen.net/mother1/easypatch/
>>
>People actually like Super Mario Bros. 3Mix

I was just playing it and it's fucking horrible. The droning "music" that consists of a two-second loop on the title and map screens pisses me off and there was absolutely no reason to change any of the sprites (the terrible-looking Boos in particular are egregious examples of this). What the hell was the hack designer thinking?

All of the assembly hacks the guy has done are inconsequential to the extremely amateurish presentation of the game. He didn't make SMB3 better, he made it worse. Much, much worse.
>>
>>1932568
Have you heard the NSMB castle music yet? Or the Galaxy music? Both of those are awesome.
>>
>>1932638
I've heard the castle music and it's horrible. The music that plays when you die or complete a level didn't need to be changed either.

I really don't feel like playing this hack long enough to hear what the hack author thinks an 8-bit rendition of Galaxy music sounds like, because I'll bet it's just as bad as all the other custom music.

Too much of this hack has change for the sake of change, which is never good. If you're going to change something, you should have a reason to do so, and even if you have a reason you should make sure that the change you're making is an improvement.
>>
>>1908726
The only real hack of a PSX game I know of is for FFT. All the rest are just tiny bug fixes and the like.
>>
>http://pastebin.com/pYxhe4L7
Lots of SMW hacks, but almost nothing else under SNES. What about all the good megaman hacks?
>>
>>1933630
That's because there aren't that many hacks of SNES games, much less ones worth playing. As for Mega Man hacks, feel free to share them with us. i'll gladly add them to the list.
>>
For some reason, I can't get a usable patched rom. Unpatched ones play fine, but as soon as I patch them, I get a message "Bad checksum", and they won't play.I've gone through about a dozen patches on 3 different game roms. Is there something I need to be doing with the names or something?
>>
>>1933280
Eh, I liked it.

The bosses are also cool, though a couple like Petey Piranha are a bit poorly sprited, and the Star Coins (and especially the comets that appear after you get them all) are fun to look for. The game gets more interesting after the first couple worlds, once you get the new items (Penguin Suit is my favorite for being a non-shitty Frog Suit combined with the Ice Flower), and see some of the cooler gimmicks like Yoshi in the SMW world and the antigravity in the Galaxy world.
>>
>>1933724
Maybe you're having issues with headers. Lots of SNES roms out there have extra data in the form a of a header placed there usually by the tool used to dump the rom. A hack made for a rom with header will break on a headerless rom and vice versa.
>>
>>1933865
The biggest problem is that people are still using the outdated .ips format, when there are newer formats that are direct upgrades in many areas, not the least of which is that they don't let you use a patch on the wrong ROM.
>>
File: 3dnitrojump_2.gif (915KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
3dnitrojump_2.gif
915KB, 320x240px
>>1933615
Eventually, man. Eventually...
>>
Also, is there a patch format for psx that doesn't suck ass? Nothing seems to support patching individual files within the filesystem, just the entire image as a whole which is just worthless.
>>
>>1933615
I dunno, FF7 got some love too. But other than those two, yeah, hacking PSX games isn't a big thing.

>>1934531
"A PPF Patch Engine is a tool which is able to create (and apply) small patches by comparing the original & patches ISO CD-Image and extracting only the difference between them. It is very similar to the IPS Patcher which was created for patching SNES patches which I also used in my UniFIX patch engine (AMIGA) a few years back."
The original website is down and dead, but you can still find PPF patch programs online, just google around.
>>
>>1934772
Problem is PPF doesn't let you resize or add/remove files on the disc because it's just a simple patch applied to the entire image. I need one that will actually rebuild the ISO and the PSX sector headers.
>>
>>1933724
Your description is way too vague. Share some details (patch and ROM format, patching tool etc) so we could try helping you out. .
>>
>>1935114
>I need one that will actually rebuild the ISO and the PSX sector headers.
The only solution I found for that involves building the ISO manually and adding the PSX license file yourself. I don't see anything online that automates it.
>>
Has the Goldeneye/Perfect Dark hacking community ever been mentioned here?

http://www.goldeneyevault.com/index.php

I only just found out about this site myself and I haven't actually tried getting any of it to work yet.

It seems to be single level mods or other modifications like adding All Bonds back into it rather than entire game conversions, so I don't know if it fits into what this thread is about.

Maybe just a promising lead?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7SzSrVaqis
>>
So, I'm wondering, with the Genesis sonic hacks, how do I use them?
>>
>>1937178
Adding on to this, maybe there should be a section about how to load the hacks on the consoles? Would solve these kinds of problems.
>>
>>1937178
Play them on an emulator (like Fusion 3.64) or put them on a flashcart (be warned, that some hacks may not work on the real hardware). The good thing about Sonic hacks is that they are pre-patched from the get-go.
>>
>>1935912
Read http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=18204.0
>>
>>1937502
I think the guy I was talking to will be more interested, but thanks anyways?
>>
>>1933762
The lackluster presentation makes the hack feel like one of those shitty unlicensed games for the NES.

At the very least, I can appreciate what he TRIED to do, but I'd much rather play the original SMB3. Its music doesn't suck and it doesn't directly copy levels from previous Mario games.
>>
>>1907540
Anyone try the Mario Adventure hack? Mike from Cinemassacre did an overview of it and it looks pretty legit.
>>
File: 70titlescreen.gif (13KB, 256x240px) Image search: [Google]
70titlescreen.gif
13KB, 256x240px
>>1938306
>>
>>1920423
>But you can Google translate
It doesn't help that it looks like this?

œ–ƐÓ
@‚±‚̃\ƒtƒg‚̓tƒŠ[ƒEƒFƒA‚Å‚·B
@Ž©—R‚ÉŽg‚¦‚Ü‚·‚ªA
@‚±‚̃\ƒtƒg‚ª‘¶Ý‚µ‚½‚±‚Æ‚É‚æ‚鐢‚Ì’†‚Ö‚Ì‚¢‚©‚È‚é‰e‹¿‚à
iˆê—áFŽg—p‚µ‚½‚±‚Æ‚É‚æ‚éƒRƒ“ƒsƒ…[ƒ^‚â‘€ìŽÒ‚Ö‚Ì‘1ŠQE‘1j
@Ž„‚͐ӔC‚𕉂¢‚Ü‚1‚ñB

I'm running windows 7, how do I fix this?
>>
>>1938306
I thought it was great in how it was arranged, there was a lot of changes to the SMB3 formula (Coins being spent on powerups for your inventory, weather changes between stages), but ultimately, I found it to be too hard for a few stages. It's not any worse than a typical romhack, but I still think the game could've toned down some of the spikes in difficulty here and there.

Some of the more interesting levels was a castle level where the exit was just above you but out of reach, you had to navigate all the way to the right of the state, take a door that flipped the level upside down, then navigate backwards.
>>
>>1938306
The original? It was hot shit when it came out 8 years ago. New powerups, new mechanics, new animations, weather effects, full level conversion. Mindblowing.

The rom hacking community's made a ton of progress since then, and the bar's been raised. Poor design choices are a lot harder to ignore. Levels aren't that great, there's dithering on fucking everything, and Boom Boom is in every level.

It's still impressive, but its technical superiority was the best thing about it and it doesn't have that anymore.
>>
>>1909225
Actually it was pretty decent.

They took away the fly ability and I thought I was going to come across something that activated it but that never happened.

Fun though.
>>
File: Kirbys-Dream-Land-2[1].jpg (140KB, 600x356px) Image search: [Google]
Kirbys-Dream-Land-2[1].jpg
140KB, 600x356px
WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE TO MAKE A SINGLE GAME(like kirby's dream land 2) A MULTIPLAYER/CO-OP GAME BY HACKING THE ROM?

WOULD YOU HAVE TO KNOW SOME HEAVY ASSEMBLY?

HOW COMPLICATED WOULD IT BE?
>>
File: suspense-kicks-in.png (614KB, 541x445px) Image search: [Google]
suspense-kicks-in.png
614KB, 541x445px
>>1918137
>While it doesn't have the best level design, the levels are still amazing.
>>
>>1938836

I was about to reveal the object that would enable world peace but then I read your post and I decided against it.
>>
>>1938619
Ah, I see. I'll have to get reacquainted with newer rom hacks, then.
>>
>>1938476
get a better text editor. One that can change text encoding (it's Shift-JIS)
>>
I thought of this, but would it be possible to hack a retro game that has co-op, and make an AI for the second player so it would play alone, and you could play the game alone with your AI character to give you company?
>>
>>1938836
Why won't you play Kirby's Dream Land 3 or Kirby's Adventure Wii? Those two were actually designed with co-op in mind.

>>1938914
I think he meant something akin to "Brutal Mario's level design could use some work, but the levels are still fun to play because of how varied they are".
>>
would love to play a mk3 romhack adapted as a beatemup. you go left of the screen or right, into houses , up stairs down ladders stuff like that . sort of like exploding fist 2 on the c64. it could be a fun way to practice moves.
>>
>>1938619
Name some more innovative and creative Mario 3 rom hacks, please.
>>
>>1939914
I don't think it could be doable as a rom hack, but you could probably arrange something using an emulator. There are vids on youtube where they have an AI learn to play games. You could set it up to control the input for 2nd player.
>>
>>1940714
Why not just try that terrible n64 sub zero game? I bet it would be easier to put new characters in that than hacking an entire new engine into a game.
>>
I've been playing some of the Mega Man 2 hacks, a lot of them are kinda ehhh and don't really stand out, but Rockman Exhaust is really, really good. I can't help but feel like the author has an incredible understanding of MM level design. Heat Man's stage is godlike, instead of instant-death lava, there's a current of water that pushes you along conveyor-belt style. If you just walk through the boss door at the end, the water will push you into Heat Man for a cheap hit during the little enemy appear bit. But if you jump while entering the door, you don't land in the water for another second, and you can jump away as soon as you regain control.

Of course, Heat Man was modified to be unable to fireball charge into the corners, so you can stand against the wall and just blast him... But I feel like that's kind of the point. Heat Man's pattern is tedious, even "revamped" versions in other hacks feel boring. So you just get to sit back and chill after beating his awesome fucking level. 8-bit DJ KK rocks so hard.
>>
How does one actually learn how to ROM hack?
>>
Sonic Megamix is pretty good, except for the edited Marble Zone and Labyrinth Zone.

I also like Sonic 2 Heroes... Sonic 2 is generally my least favorite game, but something about being able to switch between the three characters at will made it way more enjoyable for me. There's also a Sonic 1 version, but it's not as enjoyable in that game.

And generally, any Sonic 1 hack that changes the main character, but isn't just a reskin is pretty cool... Love the one where you play as Amy, and she plays exactly as she does in Sonic Advance.
>>
>>1941169
yeah that make sense.
>>
>>1938836
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2142/
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2141/
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2140/
>>
>>1940803
Now that SMB3's been disassembled there's crazy shit out there like SMB3Mix and Royal Flush. DahrkDaiz himself made cooler demos like Luigi vs. Mario.

I wasn't just talking about SMB3, though. Mario Adventure came out before the Sonic disassemblies, Brutal Mario, Rockman 4 Minus Infinity, Extra Mario Bros, Star Road... I had never seen anything like it before but I've seen a lot of fancier stuff since.
>>
>>1941532
>Many years later, a young man asked Mozart to tell him how to compose. The gentle Wolfgang replied that the questioner was too young to be thinking of such a serious occupation. "But you were much younger when you began," protested the aspirant. "Ah, yes, that is true," Mozart said, with a smile; "but then, you see, I did not ask anybody how to compose."
>>
>>1942382
>Royal Flush

Is this hack any good? Never heard of it until now.

>>1942373
>4 Player Battle City

This hack would blow my mind as a kid.
>>
>>1938836
Hate to break this to you, but it might require you to type in lower case.
We can dream.
>>
File: MegmanX[1].gif (15KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
MegmanX[1].gif
15KB, 320x240px
>>1938836
If it is possible, I know what game I would want to be two player.
>>
>>1937178
Just download them from Sonic Retro.
>>
>>1943483
I've wanted a 2 player co-op Mega Man game since Megaman 3 was announced.

Mighty No. 9 is supposed to have co-op, but I doubt it's co-op campaign.
>>
>>1944162
>I've wanted a 2 player co-op Mega Man game since Megaman 3 was announced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6KMAm_228s
>>
>>1943483
that looks good, what mod?
>>
>>1944295
I think it was just the intro stage of Megaman X made with MUGEN, but whatever site had the download for it was made with Geocities, so it doesn't exist anymore.
>>
Does Another 3D Mario count as /vr/?
>>
>>1944553
You mean this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5kmaaqknKo

It's a DS game, so it's not really "/vr/". It does look impressive, though. I had no idea that Super Mario 64 DS hacking was a thing.
>>
File: Pokemon_Brown[1].png (4KB, 160x144px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_Brown[1].png
4KB, 160x144px
Is Pokemon Brown any good?

I started it, but the fact that it keeps the normal Gen 1 starters kind of put me off. It seemed like such a wasted opportunity- imagine how different it'd be playing the game if you started with Onix or something
>>
File: You-Cant-Handle-the-Truth[1].jpg (11KB, 350x238px) Image search: [Google]
You-Cant-Handle-the-Truth[1].jpg
11KB, 350x238px
>>1941532
You can't handle ROMhacking
>>
>>1944984
Just use a cheat to get Onix at the start.
>>
>>1920090
how does that work with the hair spin ability?
>>
>>1945140
bump what the fuck
>>
>>1945171
Doesn't.
Apparently there is no single level that actually REQUIRES the hair spin ability. The few parts that -kinda- need it have their level terrains changed a bit.
>>
>>1945205
To beat the level, maybe, but don't a few bonuses and DK Coins require it one way or the other?
>>
Any Megaman Zero love? I'd really like new levels for any part of that game.

Also anybody knows where can I get Tales of Eternia undub? the english voiceover is terrible . I've seen an undub in psx2psp format, so I know psx format exists somewhere, but I can't find it anywhere.
>>
This is my favorite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU6A_YNFzMc
>>
>>1945214
Nope
>>
>>1942373
>POW 2 player hack
Ah holy shit, fuck yes.
>>
>>1945214
That reminds me, does DKC1 let you throw/carry your partner? Several secrets in DKC2 are only accessible by throwing the other monkey onto some platform or barrel.
>>
>>1945374
This hack is rather tough to find, because its author removed it from SMWC. Luckily, I had an IPS patch on my pendrive, so if anyone wants to play it, then here it is:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wwduo515b6m2dye/Call_of_Cthulhu_(v.2.0).7z

Oh, and one more thing: I said on numerous occasions that there aren't any major DKC hacks. I was wrong:

http://www.romhacking.net/games/1686/
>>
What are your favorite hacks, /vr/troopers?
>>
>>1946697
How do you beat Cthulhu? Do you need to have 25 of those cat statues?
>>
Holy crackers, LugiBlood/KiiroBomber/ThatGuyWhoLikesRollEXETooMuch actually worked a little on the Super Mario Advance 4 editor in July and I missed it

https://github.com/LuigiBlood/smagicadv
http://acmlm.kafuka.org/board/thread.php?id=5226&page=31
>>
>>1947490
25 in the earlier versions, I think that one needs between 20 and 25, forgot exactly how much.
All because there's a bug where taking a specific coin (I think in the reversible room) makes a token disappear in the next area.
>>
>>1946697
>http://www.romhacking.net/games/1686/

I accidentally posted wrong link, here's the right one:

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/893/
>>
Should I use ZSNES for Mario World hacks? They honestly seem to lag on snes9x
>>
>>1950494
Some of them rely on emulator errors, so if it's not working properly on snex9x/bsnes then zsnes will probably work.
>>
>>1950494
A good deal of romhacks don't work with Snes9X, so I tend to use ZSNES as a default.
>>
>>1907540
The Legend of Link
http://acmlm.kafuka.org/board/thread.php?id=7308

best LoZ hack I've played
>>
>>1950515
>>1950517
ty
>>
I want to play a SMW hack, but it's so overwhelming how many they are. I wonder what the top 3 best of the best are, but I imagine everyone's lists would vary wildly... It probably depends on what exactly you're looking for, but I don't care about the content as long as it's not terribly hard.
>>
>>1951074
I think everyone here will agree with me if I say that The Second Reality Project Reloaded 1 and 2 are the best SMW hacks out there.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/uvn6qc9sf8f6rod/The_Second_Reality_Project_Reloaded_(v.1.1).7z
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1ai1j3k6knvo0gm/The_Second_Reality_Project_2_-_The_Remake_(v.2.1).7z
>>
>>1952436
Oh, and I also recommend Super Pika Land Ultra (both chocolate and vanilla versions) and Super "Mario" World 1 and 2.
>>
>>1944162
Y'know, until you said it I never thought of how cool it could be.
And yeah, MN9 has co-op but it will be "challenges", not a campaign. Hopefully it will be kind of close, and if picks up and they do a sequel (I don't trust that much) they actually do a 2-player.
>>
>>1952436
>>1953081
Thanks, I'll check them out.
>>
File: TSRP2.png (11KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
TSRP2.png
11KB, 256x224px
This one is fucking awesome, though it gets a bit too tough at times.
Link:
http://www.fpi-productions.de/mediapool/146/1468478/data/TSRP2v2.1.zip
>>
>>1953421
If you want more, then these lists get a job done.

>>1918137
>>1918162
>>
What are the best SM64 hacks?
>>
>>1956883
super mario star road
>>
>>1956883
Star Revenge series is appearently worth playing.
>>
>>1926143
>/download/831iidazfebdhau/SMW+Hacks+v3.rar

How can the compression ratio for this .rar be so high? I just archived it and I got nowhere near the file size and compression ratio.
Does a better cpu have an affect on the compression ration?
>>
File: senbei windowpress.png (924KB, 1309x998px) Image search: [Google]
senbei windowpress.png
924KB, 1309x998px
>>1950539

>doesn't work on homebrew channel

Feels bad man
>>
They can make it so you can play Megaman X3 entirely as Zero, but how about replacing X with Zero in X1 or 2?
>>
>>1950539
I can't get it to work. Anyone have a pre-patched rom?
>>
>>1956883
Multiplayer
>>
>>1958698
Doesn't work on flash carts either due to KAH KAH KAH-RAY-ZEE mapping.
>>
I don't know if it's considered a "good" hack, but I kind of have a soft spot for Something Awful's hack of Final Fantasy III. It's not balanced per se, as the change in character abilities make some parts easier and other parts ungodly hard. It's still good for a larff, though.
Pic related: the opera scene
>>
>>1959362
THAT is good for a laugh?
>>
>>1959362
This is still the only form that I played FFVI in.
>>
File: not funny.jpg (55KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
not funny.jpg
55KB, 1280x720px
>>1959362
>>
File: supplay3000017.jpg (516KB, 969x1223px) Image search: [Google]
supplay3000017.jpg
516KB, 969x1223px
>>1933615
not counting translations there are 18 on this site

http://www.romhacking.net/?page=hacks&genre=&platform=17&game=&category=&perpage=20&title=&author=&hacksearch=Go
>>
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone know where, and how to get a ROM of Pic Related? I'm trying to play Mecha Game, and I saw a webm of it once (It was a Punching run).
>>
>>1959362
I might want to try this out, but I can't find that shit, even with Google-fu.
>>
>>1958698
It works on RetroArch Wii, at least according to the official FAQ.

>>1959060
http://www.mediafire.com/download/19ova6im1mk9dbq/Zelda_-_The_Legend_of_Link_(v.3.2).7z
>>
File: Mario742DBoxArt.png (323KB, 512x341px) Image search: [Google]
Mario742DBoxArt.png
323KB, 512x341px
Is there any way, any way at all, to play Super Mario 64 hacks on an actual N64 system?

I only ask because I want to play the hacks with the same native control I played the original SM64 with.
>>
>>1961906
Don't know, but you could use a N64->USB adapter if all you want is the controller.
>>
>>1960156
http://vrshares.net78.net/
>>
>>1961929
I have one of those.
I'm concerned with how the N64 handles the input. I want the true feel.
>>
>>1961970
THE TRUE FEEL
>>
>>1961906
You could try them on an everdrive 64 or something?
>>
>>1962378
I've heard they don't work on the n64.
>>
>>1961603
Thanks dude.
>>
>>1945229
the only hack I know for MMZ is the one that replaces zero with X
>>
>>1961603
Oh, I guess I was doing it right, because it's still not working. I'm using FCEUX, what do you use?
>>
>>1964072
I haven't encountered any problems on FCEUX 2.2.2. Try using that.
>>
>>1964276
This works, thank you. I've been using 2.1.5
>>
>>1964276
No problems in the latest version of FCEUX GX for me as well
>>
File: pb6.png (6KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
pb6.png
6KB, 256x224px
For Super Metroid, there's Project Base which while it's still basically just Super Metroid, there's a shitload of interesting edits and changes that just makes the game feel and control more fluidly. Some people might not care for all the color changes though.

http://www.begrimed.com/pb.php
>>
Any earthbound hacks worth playing?
Hyperbound is pretty cool, but more of a choose your own adventure/walking simulator than an RPG
>>
>>1967494
I'd say anything by H.S is worth playing, so Hallow's end and Holiday Hex.

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1876/

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1879/
>>
>>1966743
I've played it, is pretty good

>Complete pallete change
>Easier Speedball, wall jumping, bomb jumping, space jumping and morphing in mid air.

I liked it.
>>
>>1961906
Most of them are designed to use functions that are only possible in an emulator and won't work on actual hardware. The only controller that doesn't suck for N64 games is an N64 controller, but thankfully adapters are easy as fuck to find. The most authentic experience you'll get will involve plugging your computer into the TV. You COULD use a console N64 emulator, most of those would probably work, only then you'd need a more obscure solution to get N64 controllers working on it.
>>
>>1967519
thanks, these seem pretty cheerful
>>
>>1967519
have you played: http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1882/ ?
It was made by the guy making undertale (the demo of which I enjoyed) , but it seems a little grim-dark
>>
How about some hacks that just give minor, or major improvements to an otherwise untouched game?

Namely, the Legend of Zelda Automap Plus, which turns the useless grey overworld map in the corner into an actually useful map that fills out as you explore.

There was a similar hack for Metroid that adds a scrollable map to the game when you pause, but it's really tiny.

I believe Super Mario All-Stars has some patches that turn the floor in SMB1 back into bricks, and fixes the physics issue that causes Mario to not rebound after breaking blocks.
>>
>>1967614
>http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1882/

Huh, pretty interesting how someone who started off romhacking can move on into actually making games. I mean, it makes sense, but kinda cool nonetheless. I've gotten that romhack just the other day, but only got around to playing a few minutes of it so I can't say much on it. I'd like to say that's one off-putting description though.

>THE most descriptive, shocking, and most psychologically warping game you will ever play.
>isn’t your average Halloween game; its content is comparable to games like Silent Hill and Yume Nikki.
>has the added effect of making you depressed as you played.
>one of the most traumatic and horrifying games in the world
>one of the most disturbing hacks to come out
>CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT. IF YOU ARE OFFENDED BY NAUGHTY LANGUAGE AND ADULT THEMES THEN DO NOT PLAY THIS HACK.

Good lord this is bad. Don't believe this was written by the dev himself, so I gave it a try anyway.
>>
Are there any good super metroid hacks and/or alttp?
>>
>>1968402
There are several in the pastebin in the OP.
>>
>>1968409
They look very meh, was hoping for some opinions
>>
>>1968418
Can't speak for the others, but Metroid Super Zeromission is solid.
>>
>>1967806
It's widely considered to be the best EarthBound ROM hack, take that as you will.
>>
>>1968402
I liked redesign, super zeromission and Project Base.
>>
>>1960536
>I might want to try this out, but I can't find that shit, even with Google-fu.

It's called Awful Fantasy.

http://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/awful-fantasy-an/

I found it in 5 seconds.
>>
>>1972449
The links on that page don't work though.
That's the main problem.
>>
http://earthboundcentral.com/2014/07/mother-remake-hack-coming-along-nicely/

Are there any other hacks like this that remake a game in another engine in the same series? The original Legend of Zelda remade with the Link to the Past engine or the original Metroid remade with the Super Metroid engine would be awesome.
>>
>>1972580
SMB1:
http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=showhack&id=5875&force_old=1
SMB2J:
http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=showhack&id=5876&force_old=1
SMB2U (not that great but worth checking out):
http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=showhack&id=2002&force_old=1
Mario&luigi(dos):
http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=showhack&id=4308&force_old=1
>>
File: 2141screenshot3.png (5KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
2141screenshot3.png
5KB, 256x224px
Duck Tales 2 : 2 players hack !

Holy shit !!!111

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2141/
>>
File: 2136screenshot3.png (4KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
2136screenshot3.png
4KB, 256x224px
Has anyone tried this? Whole new Zelda game.

http://www.romhacking.net/reviews/1548/#review
>>
>>1972703
I tried it for like a whole 5 minutes, too much slowdown
>>
>>1972703

It's not very polished, but still pretty solid. Just got to the first dunegon.
>>
>>1972703
Legend of Link? It's obviously nowhere near as good and polished as official games, but it's still heads and shoulders above every other Zelda hack.
>>
>>1972456
https://mega.co.nz/#!FN1ygZBS!rblggMm47J8NfB-TznaCGWR_MyPFpHT4E4q1PpU2ylE
Thread posts: 238
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.