[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/vgc/ general: Moondeer edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 278
Thread images: 31

File: moondeer.png (1MB, 1280x916px) Image search: [Google]
moondeer.png
1MB, 1280x916px
This is /vgc/ general, where we discuss the official battle format.

http://nuggetbridge.com/
Main VGC site.

http://nuggetbridge.com/forums/topic/18611-article-and-resource-index/#entry222875
Has a lot of the players blogs to their team reports.

https://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/pokemon-events/find-an-event/
Event locator.

http://jake-white.github.io/VGC-2016-Damage-Calculator/
Damage calculator for VGC16.

http://pokeasc.appspot.com/
Find the minimum EVs to survive a hit. Also calcs the best split of HP vs defenses

Use pastebin to show your team. Also please describe your team too for the love of god otherwise others can't help. Don't be a faggot.

ToTT: What are your thoughts on Dark Void?
>>
>>25110509
>ToTT: What are your thoughts on Dark Void?
Stupid, no one likes it, why is it not banned yet? It's not banned though so we've gotta learn to deal with it.

Despite that, it is manageable. If you are getting rekt because of Dark Void then your team is inherently flawed.

We have this discussion every year.
>>
Have to play with pokemondb open because i don't know shit about the game
kek at least i'm trying
>>
>>25110579
You should try to write like a proper human being and not a /b/tard too.
>>
Anyone still up? What are your win rates on the IC so far? What's your prognosis?
>>
Perhaps I'm just a grandpa, but I wish they'd have an extra "filler" day where only 5 more games are introduced so people can catch up on missed games.
The past couple events I'd come home at night, finish a decent amount of games and realize it's already late. Not to mention my mental acuity is shot by then.
>>
>>25110368
>I read that you can't use traded pokemon like in the official site maybe i'm making shit up though
It says you can't use pokemon transferred from gen 5. In other words, you need the pentagon.

>>25109446
I think the meowstic quick guarded because he had no other moves to do. Either that or he misclicked.

>>25110004
http://nuggetbridge.com/tags/gardevoir/
>>
What song plays as you walk to the stage wearing the American flag for the masters division finals of worlds?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6W0oDH2LHU

for me. alternatively: the Chris Benoit theme song
>>
>>25112149
>americans
>>
File: Ash_Talonflame.png (3MB, 1920x1647px) Image search: [Google]
Ash_Talonflame.png
3MB, 1920x1647px
Surprised to say this absolute wrecking ball is my favorite pokemon in vgc 2016. Always hated it, never used it in 2014 or 2015 but now its a beast. Priority brave bird so strong in a meta where speed control is more important than ever, sun boosted flare blitz smashes things to pieces, priority tailwind, quickguard to block annoying prankster moves and fake outs/sucker punches. So damn good. Never though I'd say so. Never thought a regional bird could be this deadly in a format with 700+ BST monsters
>>
the current meta is worst than all vgc 2015
>>
File: vgc16 is fun.jpg (51KB, 405x561px) Image search: [Google]
vgc16 is fun.jpg
51KB, 405x561px
my first opponent on the GL-competition yesterday

cancer, the team
>>
>>25112360
aegislash is fucking useless then

the real cancer team has talonflame instead there
>>
>>25112360
Someone just got rekt by a standard team :^)
>>
1805 35/5 to end today, one of those losses was a DC. with the team I pastebinned earlier
>>
>>25112965
this is just BS special ladder not the IC btw
>>
I'll be playing in the Kanto Classic tourney coming up and I'd like to hear your opinions on it. It's singles, you use all 6 team members, and no items. Can't use Mew or Mewtwo and of course no legendaries.

From the forums I've read it seems Alakazam and Minimize Clefable will get a lot of attention. Nidoking could be great in dealing with Alakazam with Sucker Punch, but as for Clefable idk, maybe Aerial Ace Scyther to whittle it down?
>>
>>25113048
>legendaries
Ment Megas. Using the Mozart birds is fine.
>>
>>25113048

6x6 nice, I'm going to be a faggot and reedit Gary/Blue team
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 640x355px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 640x355px
Is this the new chalk ?

Vgc 2016 barely started and I'm already giving up, I'm doing fairly well but with Smeargle every match it gets tiring
>>
>>25113048
>Minimise CM Clef with Stored Power
What stops this from last mon-ing. Don't tell me Sheer Cold Lapras or Haze are actually gonna be good.
>>
>>25113075
needs talonflame
>>
>>25113111
I've also seen SC+Mind Reader Articuno being mentioned.

Speaking of Mind Reader I wonder if it'll be useful on Poliwrath with Dynamic Punch and Hypnosis?(of course the better user for that move is Machamp)
>>
>>25113173

No guard machamp

does it learn bullet punch ?
>>
>>25113234
Of course, also forgot to mention this is a pentagon free tourney, so sets like Sucker Punch Electrode, Mimic Machamp, Avalanche Gyarados, Vacuum Wave Poliwrath, or Body Slam Tauros for example.
>>
>>25113307
Wish Chansey and Softboiled Clefable are probably the big ones.
>>
>>25113075
Competitive might not be for you then if you can't stand people using the best tools to win.
>>
>tfw you forgot to EV your legendaries before the IC

At least now I know why my pokemon couldn't take hits as well as I thought they could.
>>
>>25110509
Gotta say I appreciate the OP. I know generals aren't thought of fondly, but it would be nice to keep a running OP.
>>
File: 1429230597853.jpg (27KB, 361x240px) Image search: [Google]
1429230597853.jpg
27KB, 361x240px
>>25113714
Yeah, the IC sort of snuck up on me Thursday night when I thought I could use the evening to just finish the team.

Now I have missing moves.
>>
>>25113358

>best tools to win
>what is vgc14

One thing is occasional see the tryhard with le win win team, the other is see everybody and their mothers using the same exact team over and over again

Not even Chalk was like that
>>
>>25114447
>m-muh Pachirisu!!

So did something happen by 2015 and you had to pay for VGC Regs? Fuck, I was asking people to attend with me and I told them it was free.

Now I'm not sure if I want to take a whole day off, travel and pay for a chance to get some points towards an invitation I probably won't attend enough events to get over the bar for. I know ~$25 isn't much, but I'd rather focus on my tennis career if I'm going to be living like that.
>>
I'm currently doing my first run of Omega Ruby and I'm Sr'ing for Groudon. What is a typical nature that people are running on their Groudons?
>>
>>25114688
KO the groudon and catch it later. The cutscene won't be as long.

To answer your question, most people run timid, brave, or quiet.
>>
>>25114688
Brave/Adamant
Quiet/Modest
Jolly/Timid
>>
File: Capture2.png (129KB, 923x572px) Image search: [Google]
Capture2.png
129KB, 923x572px
>>25114688
>>
>>25114732
timid that high huh
m-muh eruption
>>
>>25114718
>>25114714
>>25114732
Thanks for the replies. Timid and Brave neck and neck there eh? Probably going to run with Brave then.
>>
Random Matchup
Free game
Double

Weavile Whimsicott
Gastrodon Other

Whimsicott does swagger on weavile and weavile carries a berry they are max speed wat do send help taunt obviously because end game shenanigans i'm on free not even ranked and i found this strat from japs a lot
>>
>>25114732
Where do i find that?
I don't find it on pokemon link
>>
>>25114688
Lol, ended up catching a Brave Groudon in a desperation Poke Ball. Was running out of timer and ultras so threw one on the off chance.
>>
>End up fighting that guy who posted his Sand team last thread
>Fall for all the things he said people fall when people see his team despite having read about them on his post
>Get utterly and completely rekt
I've never felt this ashamed of losing before.
>>
>>25115407
where's the replay?
>>
>>25115117
http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/battle/oras/#special
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 400x282px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 400x282px
Pokemon makes me wish I never bought a 3DS
>>
File: 1449264426350.png (109KB, 321x327px) Image search: [Google]
1449264426350.png
109KB, 321x327px
I think I might replace my xerneas for something else. While it was fantastic a month ago, almost every good team has 2-3 checks to it now, and every game I bring it to, it does almost nothing. The rest of my team is groudon, mence, liepard, ferrothorn, and cresselia.
>>
>>25116210
Just play other games. I do regret buying Pokemon for competitive though. That piece of shit will never be competitive with so much RNG in literally everything.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
finding some really exotic teams lately
>>
>>25116635
Huh, I've been seeing Arcanine more often.
>>
>need Vs. Recorder for replays
Well shit, I think I just hit a King's Shielded Aegislash with PBlades.

I kept a running battle log, but I guess I can't ever confirm it now. If anyone wants to test, it was right after I Moonblasted an Imposter Ditto that copied my boosted Xerneas.
>>
So is it weird to perform like shit in IC's but do OK in tournaments?

Or am I just bad and my tournament runs are just flukes?
>>
Finished all my matches. I want to change my team around but I'd still like to at least get the rewards and if I recall I'm not supposed to press the 'Cancel Participation' button?
>>
>>25118254
>I think I just hit a King's Shielded Aegislash with PBlades.
what probably happened is it wide guarded the turn before, then used King's Shield and it failed. King's Shield/Protect both have a 50 percent chance to fail the turn after you use wide guard/quick guard
>>
>>25119203
You're right. Dunno why that slipped my mind, but so did other stuff so not hard to believe.

I'll probably take notes after a battle so I actually pay attention during one.
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 284x297px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 284x297px
what do you guys think about physical(or even mixed) Xerneas ? sure you lose a lot without geomancy but you get Close Combat to OHKO Kang
>>
>>25118396
I've never done well on any form of ladder but have also cut every national and regional I've ever been to. It happens.
In general I find that reading body language is a big deal for me at live events and that's something I just can't use online.
>>
>lose to psych up primals twice in a row
>go from 1800s to low 1700s in four games
whatever. why am I even fighting people who are 300+ points below me? battlespot is fucking gay.
>>
I just looked up Parasect as I was considering replacing my Amoonguss, but damn is it bad. GF will probably give it a Mega down the line, but I want to see what they do with a Stage 2 instead.
>>
>>25120783
Might be viable if it had Play Rough. Since it doesn't have it though, it's trash.
>>
File: 250px-008Wartortle.png (67KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-008Wartortle.png
67KB, 250x250px
How different would the meta be if, between each match, the losing player could swap out pokemon from their team with some from their battle box?

This is how things are done to help out in Yugioh with the side deck, and it can help a lot, but would it work here too?
>>
>>25121918
This already happens in TPCi's bo3's and is fairly typical in {bo3/bo5/bo7/...}'s everywhere else. That's part of why it's bring 6 choose 4.

I was just wondering last night how the format would be different if we could only use one restricted mon in box and in battle. Would it be healthier?
>>
I've recently been running Surf on my Kyogre, since I have Lapras on my team as well.
I find it really bizarre how, in a team with a Sheer Cold Lapras and a Scarf Lucario, nobody ever seems to comment on those being odd, but in about twenty games, I've had four people tell me I'm dumb for having Surf instead of Origin Pulse or Water Spout.
>>
Anyone try Hitmontop? I want to like it since it's a Swiss Army knife. It's main competitors in the role of buying its partner more time are Smeargle, Togekiss and Amoonguss which it will struggle against. It also loses its niche to faster Fake Outs so I'm thinking Top is something to keep in the back.
>>
>>25123150
It's got Intimidate, Wide Guard, Quick Guard, Fake Out, Feint, Endeavor, Helping Hand which are nice. However, being a rather slow fake outer hinders it quite a bit, since Quick Guard and faster Fake Outs are very common now, and keeping it in the back means that you either have to lose something to bring it to do it's thing or you have to switch it in, which is pretty risky in this format considering Hitmontop it's not the bulkiest thing. Also Xerneas, Talonflame and Salamence are pretty good now. It's worth trying it though, I think it can find a niche
>>
File: image.jpg (35KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 640x360px
is someone here using Mega Ray ? I'm trying to come up with a decent mixed spread but can't come up with anything
>>
>>25124068
I've used Jon Hu's spread and it works pretty well. it's just naive with maxed speed and special attack, the item is life orb.
>>
>>25112149
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEJ8lpCQbyw
>>
>>25110450
alright where's the importable anon?
>>
polite bump

I'm sure everyone is just exhausted after three days of VGC2016.
>>
>>25130742
It's a really tiring format. I mean, it's fun to play with friends, but competively is a mess. I went to a reg this last saturday, which was my first VGC16 tourney, and even though I had a good time and all that, after 6 rounds of Groudon/Kyogre/Xerneas I was so bored of the game I didn't even cared about watching the top 8, instead I had a few matches with a friend using fun teams and left shortly after top 4 began. VGC15 felt a little more entertaining to see at least
>>
How many Smeargles did you guys run into? How many Moody evasion boosts did you have to deal with?

What things surprised you during the IC?
>>
>>25130912
Hopefully there's some crazy innovation before nats at least.
>>
Void to the Void

http://esports-runner.com/pokemon-double/147704-2/

It finally started
>>
I wanna use Ylveltal. Who are good partners? Best primal/legend to use with?
>>
>>25137407

Pdon for less accuracy on electric moves or Dialga to deal with Xerneas
>>
Need help deciding my 6th pokemon for a new rain team i'm making. I just made a sand team so moving on to rain. I know weather teams were nerfed but i'm making one anyways for shits and giggles. Name any good rain team pokemon please.
>>
>>25137746
if there's a dedicated competitive thread redirect me please because I didn't see one in the catalog.
>>
>>25137746
MSwampart
Ludicolo (highly advised)
Steel types
>>
>>25137802
I was thinking of Ludicolo but his stats are... underwhelming. But if he's highly advised i'll consider him again. Thanks.

But why Steel types?
>>
>>25137849
If you can get out rain, especially primordial sea, fire is useless and ground types will fear you.
Ludicolo has fantastic typing, good bulk, and with some offensive investment can devistate many using Swift Swim.
>>
>>25137932
I would love to use Kyogre but it's ubers and i'm gonna stick with OU so no primordial sea for me.

Good point with the steel types. I think i'll use a steel type as my 6th. I already have 3 swift swimmers lol mega swamp, poliwrath, and kingdra.
>>
>>25138083
Oh, then maybe another SS is not the best option.
Also I think there's a smogon competitive thread in the board you may want to try they would probably give better advice than I for that meta.
>>
Sorry for the noob question, but I'd like to know if a lvl 100 pokemon (for example) which gets his stats reduced to lvl 50 for online battles will be the same than if the same pokemon is lvl 50, which ofc won't get his stats lowered, thank you
>>
>>25138468
they will be identical
>>
>>25138503
ok, thank you m8, I was wondering that for quite a time
>>
>>25134246
2 or 3? only one gave me trouble(it got evasion AND speed boosted first two turns), the others I just shot myself in the foot usually.
>>
File: 1452355415534.jpg (206KB, 520x420px) Image search: [Google]
1452355415534.jpg
206KB, 520x420px
>>25127854
http://pastebin.com/AUFCjG85

Here you go anon. Hope you enjoy.
>>
>>25139512
thanks. thought you were doing assurance Tyranitar though. not that it matters since it's easy to switch moves anyway.

what was your record? I wasn't even able to get out of 1500 but I wasn't able to play all my 45 games either.
>>
File: 1446792377356.png (329KB, 760x760px) Image search: [Google]
1446792377356.png
329KB, 760x760px
>>25139734
>thought you were doing assurance Tyranitar though. not that it matters since it's easy to switch moves anyway.
You are right. My bad. I've been changing things here and there and I was fixing it back to the one I was using during the competition for the import but that change slipped back in.

I think I ended up 1750-ish. Pretty well considering it was just a 5-minutes wacky gimmicky idea. After playing with the team this much, I've learned how to recognize it's weaknesses so now I can start to make modifications, change items, what I'd like to EV for what and stuff. First time I've really been excited about teambuilding in a while. Primals honestly kill a big part of the fun of this format. Fucking Gamefreak.
>>
>>25139874
That's pretty good anon, much better results than me running a standard core (though I'm the anon who had the wrong move on a mon).

Did you bring both restricted mons to every match? How did you deal with Smeargle leads?
>>
>>25139874
Looking at your team again, I'm surprised you seemed to not struggle that much against Xerneas. Do you think the Sash on Excadrill caught those players off guard?
>>
Can anyone here recommend me a build for Sandslash?
>>
File: CaS2cNxUUAEdERf.png (198KB, 926x449px) Image search: [Google]
CaS2cNxUUAEdERf.png
198KB, 926x449px
>>
>>25136617
Too bad that if it somehow gets banned it'll only affect the real tournaments. It really sucks to live in a country where we have none of those because that means I'm stuck to Battlespot.
>>
>>25143153
The folks at TPCi already said they'd be watching the results. They've been open to Dark Void due to Gen 6's sleep mechanics.

>>25143269
I'm pretty sure the ICs will implement the same rules, so there's that at least.
>>
In an era of primal weather dragonite can succeed again as a great mixed attacker along side primal kyogre. What mix sets have any/vp/oreons been trying? I imagine a weakness policy set with dd, es, huricane and dragon claw would be great support. Of course thunder or aqua jet are great options too, but kyogre's thunder and any water move probably hit harder than dragonite. Also any thoughts on the best sun support to take advantage of groundon's primal weather? Solar power or chlorophyl user with good synergy?
>>
File: 1419798329078.png (101KB, 465x421px) Image search: [Google]
1419798329078.png
101KB, 465x421px
>>25139874
>getting Sand damage on Sashes
I've missed this feeling.
>>
File: 1418533662269.jpg (17KB, 423x317px) Image search: [Google]
1418533662269.jpg
17KB, 423x317px
>>25146613
The more I play with this team the more I remember how good SwagWave feels.

Yes, this is how tired of vgc2016 I am. It helped my Scrappy Skirmish team played similarly.
>>
>>25143692
If anybody thinks that the tpci will actually ban dv, they are retarded. There is no way that they will just change the rules mid season. Also this happens every season where people complain about "overpowered" shit. If you can't beat dark void, you're a scrub.
>>
File: 1445654148954.png (160KB, 690x550px) Image search: [Google]
1445654148954.png
160KB, 690x550px
>>25140227
>Did you bring both restricted mons to every match?
I did 95% of the time. I rarely deviated from Yveltal/Giratina + Mega Mom/Thundurus - TTar/Excadrill.

>How did you deal with Smeargle leads?
Mega Mom Fake Out.
TW so I could outspeed it.
Outright killing it with Mega Mom if I called a Fake Out on Thundurus.

.Excadrill breaking it's sash and then sand killing it.

>>25141419
>I'm surprised you seemed to not struggle that much against Xernea
To say I didn't struggle would be a lie. The team is truly Xerneas weak and It's one of the things I'm certainly gonna fix on the team. Thunder Waving the damn deer was more often than not my best and only choice to deal with it.

>Do you think the Sash on Excadrill caught those players off guard?
Not particularly. Sash has always been super standard on him after all.

>>25146613
>>25149075
>People using my team and having fun with it
This is a real nice feeling.

Can you guys give me a more indepth on the team? Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.
>>
File: 1419411601920.jpg (43KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1419411601920.jpg
43KB, 256x256px
>>25149303
I also think it's funny that DV wasn't ban worthy the past two years, but it suddenly is when restricted mons are in the picture; I wonder what the actual problem is.
>>
>>25149447
Just like base 100 was THE speed on 14 base 90 is THE speed now. Guess which one is more beneficial for Smeargle? Smeargle was real good back in 2010 for this same reason. Big legends average speed-tier gives him lots of space to flourish.
>>
>>25149490
yet we have access to the same mons that hindered its prevalance in '15, but people get their jammies in a knot because they don't want to deal with both big legends and a pencil sketcher
>>
>>25149563
Because it's harder to check both at the same time. Very few pokemon can deal with smeargle effectively and can still stand up to the ubers. Crobat and lum ferrothorn, for example.
>>
>>25149350
Looking over your team it has an obvious glaring weakness to Fairy. I'd replace Giratina for another restricted Pokemon because it really cannot do anything to Xerneas. Primal Groudon is an obvious choice to add to check the damn thing but I don't think you would want to get rid of the Sand core.

Ho-oh, Dialga, heck even adding your own Xerneas could be better. Change Kangaskhan to Jolly and add Double Edge otherwise you get outsped by everyother Kangaskhan which isn't good.
>>
Is it possible to have a decent team without legendaries? I don't like using them much because they're simply too op
>>
>>25111340
> wants to be the very best

> doesn't get enough omega 3
>>
>>25151165
No
>>
>>25150088
>>25149350
Not that anon, but I've been playing the team to quite a bit of success with minor changes.

Part of the charm to Giratina is checking Groudon and Kang which can do as reliably. Even with the build given a Shadow Force chunks Xerneas for ~50%-60% with another 20% in Shadow Sneak which isn't that different from a Special or -1 (after Intimidate) Rayquaza. That said it disappointingly loses to Kyogre 1v1 and I'd probably at least EV to survive an unboosted Moonblast from common Xerneas.

Bulky Kang, I find, is more of a playstyle preference and it helps that a lot of people assume you run the same build as them and choose to risk the speed tie. I run one on my usual team, albeit with a different spread, so I'm used to it. Being bulky in this team though lets it keep up the threat of Dark Aura boosted Sucker Punch pressure.

Of course, I'm biased in that I played this team specifically to give me a break from my own Xerneas/Kang/etc. team so I'd rather keep it distinct. Letting a Xerneas get Geomancy up will never stop being scary so hitting it with status and keeping a healthy Kang or Excadrill is vital to the matchup. Luckily, or sadly, enough, a lot of Xerneas teams rely on the inherent strength of the archetype and are predictable.

Overall it's a pretty decent Goodstuffs/Rogue team that I'd imagine catches people in team preview, leading them to boldly bring in their Primal. I'm curious to see the original anon's changes and to see how this would fare in bo3 since I think, with some modification, the tools are there. I ended up relying on confusion hits and paralysis more than I'd like, though that's just how important a single turn is in this format.
>>
>>25151444
>Part of the charm to Giratina is checking Groudon and Kang which *nothing* can do as reliably.

Some final remarks

Even though I was happy to take opportunities to Oblivion Wing, Yveltal felt more frail than I'd like. This was mainly due to LO recoil and I found myself hoping I'd roll enough to take something down with it. Not sure how I'd spec it yet, I'd have to run calcs.

I was also not quite satisfied by Tyranitar's performance. Often it would act like the physically-focused Groudon I run, extremes of crying versus Intimidate and getting KO'd too soon or if it manages to stay on the field, the game was already won. It definitely had value by threatening Sand, breaking Sash and Subbing against status, at least.
>>
>Page 10
Jeez, aren't we super dead?

We really should just move to a Discard Chat or something like that.
>>
What's a good spread for this Groudon? I'm honestly having trouble getting a good one:

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
Level: 50
Brave Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Eruption
- Rock Slide
- Protect

I thought maybe I could run 252hp 252att and 4 spa but I have the feeling the damage of Eruption will be underwhelming, but then again, it's Groudon, but you know what I mean.
>>
>>25155387
I'd put in enough to survive a Modest Earth Power from another Groudon, played a couple like that at a regional the other day and it took me by surprise. Overheat over Eruption is worth considering since you already have other spread moves, though not having any 100 accuracy moves may be concerning
>>
Have genies been sufficiently removed?
>>
>>25155456
>>25155387
Also make it survive jolly life orb max atk m-ray dragon ascent if you're going to invest in bulk.
>>
File: 1438664741482.png (140KB, 685x800px) Image search: [Google]
1438664741482.png
140KB, 685x800px
>>25155456
That takes too many EVs, so it was probably a low damage roll on your end. Also, ended up settling with a Quiet one with EP, Eruption and PBlades, 252HP, 252SpA, 4Att since I doubt I'll be using PBlades that often to get KOs anyway; it's mostly going to be a move to get some damage before leaving the field. I was fearing Ho-Oh (which is why I put RS originally), but I have other Pokemon to deal with it anyway.

First time using Groudon because I like Kyogre's design better. Wish me luck.

>>25155543
Kinda. I still see them quite often, but not in every team.
>>
>>25155604
What kind(s) of speed control are you going with to help ensure max damage Eruption?
I kind of want to try a specially focused PDon, but I have a feeling I'm going to miss Rock Slide
>>
>>25156613
Trick Room Cress.
>>
>>25156733
That's already two slots, what's taking care of stray Ho-Ohs and Talonflames?
>>
>>25156938
The Cresselia has Gravity, aside from that I have sheer offense in Kangaskhan and my own Talonflame.

I just realized I accidentally built a team that is almost exactly like the Showdown Special. Shit, but if it works I guess I won't complain.
>>
>>25155604
>Kinda.
As long as games aren't frequently being decided by Swagger and Rock Slide flinches I'm happy.
>>
>Searching for an opposing Trainer... Please wait.
>>
>>25159377
So you prefer rampant speed ties and <100% accuracy moves?
>>
>>25159681
sub-100 acc is an entirely self imposed risk, unlike the opp spamming swagger or rock slide against you.
Speed ties are also avoidable. I haven't had any trouble with them yet but I've been avoiding the highly contested speed tiers just so I can have a more consitent team in that regard.
>>
This format is such a joke. I was 1818 second in the U.S like ten battles ago. Now I'm in the 1500s. no other format is this possible. I keep getting blown out by smeargle because if you don't guess exactly what it will do you lose. Such a fucking joke
>>
File: 1453469619081.jpg (40KB, 365x513px) Image search: [Google]
1453469619081.jpg
40KB, 365x513px
>>25160437
>Smeargle has been usable for 3 years in a row
>People still bitch about it
>People still get rekt by it
>People STILL have not learned to deal with it

If you want to complain about something complain about the Primals. Smeargle does not stiffle teambuilding, creativity nor is a nearly auto-obligatory pick for any truly successful team like them. Git gud desu.
>>
>>25160437
>loses to smeargle enough to drop 300 points
>b-but it's the format
the format is shit, true, but this one is on you
>>
File: 1395607066435.jpg (49KB, 469x463px) Image search: [Google]
1395607066435.jpg
49KB, 469x463px
>>25151165
>>
File: Salt man.jpg (128KB, 926x517px) Image search: [Google]
Salt man.jpg
128KB, 926x517px
>>25160437
>mfw donking some faggot's smurgool with my espeon on battlespot
>mfw he ragequits
>>
>>25160916
just carry magic coat on some random shit and watch them cry
>>
File: kek sailor.jpg (55KB, 720x457px) Image search: [Google]
kek sailor.jpg
55KB, 720x457px
>>25160923
Magic bounce is much better

>mfw sending some fag's pebbles right back at him
>mfw donking predictable twaves/wisps
>mfw literally feeling the salt forming on the 3DS touchscreen
>>
>>25160952
>pebbles
Are you below 1500 or something?
>>
>>25160634
>Smeargle does not stiffle teambuilding
>implying

Still, I agree with your last statement,
>>
>>25161014
Dude I'm the fucking reason only scrubs use hazards
>>
>>25160916
Only bad players actually rely on DV though. Magic Bounce won't help its partner while Espeon gets bodied by Smeargle's.
>>
Who /gloriaclassic/ in here?
>>
recording my first vgc vid now
>>
>>25162622
I ended up getting bopped in the 2nd round.
Smeargle and Cress on the same team with Fake Out, Kang in this case, support is scary since my slow mons get ravaged by Dark Void, but I can't risk four turns of getting outsped either.

>>25163930
Where's the patreon sempai?
>>
>>25164012
I can give you my address if you wanna send me some dosh
>>
What if I run Stomp Mega Kang?
>>
>>25164291
don't
>>
Heatran is ok. I was testing him today.
Quick Guard paired with a Smeargle is a bitch though.
>>
Glasgow Regional, derpanite on twitch
>>
>>25165586
Top8 starting soon
>>
>>25164739
What do you mean by 'ok'? What rating were you playing him in?

>>25165586
Europe doesn't get the hardware to set up Live Competitions? kek
>>
>>25166467
They only get it for Nationals. Haivng nicknames for regionals is nice though.
>>
What did the Gengar do first turn? I thought the Smear was Scarf since it outsped or something.
>>
>>25166471
I'd much rather have an actual timer though.
>>
>>25166548
It tried to taunt a protecting Xerneas
>>
>>25166566
Terrible.
>>
How the hell did that Scizor not KO that Xerneas? I'm doing the calcs and after a +2, Xerneas really needs to invest in defense and HP.
>>
>>25166578
Salamence intimidated it, so only +1
>>
>>25166578
Sorry, +1 after Intimidate, but it still needs more than 44 Def EVs
>>
>>25166581
Fuck it nevermind, I'm dumb. It was Lum not LO.
>>
>go 4/0 in a tourney
>get dq'ed because my Groudon was bad
>was talking good shit about bad hacks earlier
>TO pulls me over and tells it to me quietly
got her number tho
>>
>>25167681
is this an edit
>>
>>25166467
I first started out with the 1000-1300 elo, and the few times I brought him he did well. He pairs rather well with PGroudon, Today at a PC, he 1v2'ed a PGroudon and Salamence all by himself. 252spA/252spd he outsped PGrou and took him out with an Earth Power, doing ~70% of his health. The Sal couldn't do anything to me since he was a special support, so I just Flash Cannon'ed him out.
He's very situational and I'm not sure if I've justified his presence on my team, but he makes forma great Xerneas fighter.
>>25169359
No, it's unfortunately a true story. Always, I mean ALWAYS check to see if your Pokemon can fight on Battlespot before taking them to tourneys. Just found it ironic I was making jokes about people who are stupid enough to get caught, only to find out I am just that stupid.
>>
>>25139512
Been running your team on Showdown and getting a lot of compliments, thought I'd let you know. I'm actually considering running it over my previous team for a previous regs.

>>25169382
Shuca Heatran?
Also seems like you'd struggle if PDon invested speed or if he protected while Salamence used Tailwind.
>>
>>25171030
Heh, a Shuca Berry Heatran still needs 280 EVs to live a max invested Earth Power from Primal Groudon and a max invested non-LO Heatran can't even OHKO a 4/0 Primal Groudon with LO only giving it a 56.3% chance. Terrible.

On another note, do you guys think Shedinja with potential Soak support is viable?
>>
>>25171041
>On another note, do you guys think Shedinja with potential Soak support is viable?
G I M I C K Y S H I T
>>
anyone else run /doubleprimal/
>>
>>25174003
I do, with Mega Gengar and Mega Kangaskhan. can't vouch much for it cuz I'm a bad but it's pretty nice.
>>
>>25174746
Do you run Whims Gengar?

captcha: NUGGET Santo
>>
Hey /vgc/, how do you think I could make this better? Obviously the legends could be better, but I didn't anticipate ever playing VGC, let alone using legends and I'm no filthy cheater.
Riddle'Thar (Meowstic) (M) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 56 SpD / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quick Guard
- Psychic
- Safeguard
- Swagger

Reman (Rayquaza) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 204 Atk / 52 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Protect
- Extreme Speed
- Thunder
- Dragon Ascent

Sul-Senipul (Gengar) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp

Yveltal @ Dread Plate
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 156 HP / 252 SpA / 100 Spe
Timid Nature
- Foul Play
- Protect
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing

ClavicusVile (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower
- Belly Drum

Kagrenac (Excadrill) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head
>>
>>25176964
what's that? it's double STAB + Disable so far.

>>25177090
>Rayquaza
>Thunder

stopped reading
>>
>>25177090
Next time post your team in a pastebin.

Standard Mega Ray is Life Orb, LO boosted DA already handles 4 HP/0 Def Kyogre so you can put something like Draco Meteor or Earth Power or Overheat if you really want to run mixed.

Otherwise it doesn't look that bad for something that's not RayOgre.

>>25176964
Whimsicott & M-Gengar for Encore and Disable shenanigans.
>>
>>25177231
How else am I going to deal with PKyogre?
It's mixed, you know. And I currently win at least 65% of battles with this team.
>>
>>25177322
I figured Life Orb would probably be a better selection. The recoil hurts in this meta, though. It's easy enough already to OHKO MFug with a well-placed Ice Beam.
>>
>>25177342
There's virtually no Blizzards in this format so you can consider redirection of some sort.
>>
>>25177327
Use something else. Thunder is a terrible option because of Rayquaza's ability; it'll cancel the rain, so Thunder won't have perfect accuracy.
>>
>>25177362
He doesn't really get anything else and Thunder will still work before he Megas up.
>>
>>25177369
No it won't. Air Lock still cancels the rain, even though the animation doesn't go away.
>>
>>25177373
Fair enough.
Then how do you recommend dealing with Kyogre? Best I've got when Thunder fails is Meowstic's Swagger under Safeguard to raise Ray's Atk followed by a DA which usually leaves him vulnerable to whoever else is on the field.
>>
>>25177387
Change Excadrill for a Ferrothorn. Honestly, Exca isn't that good in this meta.
>>
>>25177397
dat 4x EQ vs PGroudon tho
>>
>>25177406
>4x EQ vs PDon
Nope.

Just for the record, a max invested Choice Banded Excadrill Drill Run struggles to reliably OHKO a 4/0 PDon. Reconsider.
>>
>>25177322
I have Liepard for the Encore, so yeah you called it.

I don't even have to Fake Out to apply pressure sometimes, which is cool. But I often find myself wishing to have Taunt on it, to be honest. For the speed control it has TW, so otherwise pretty similar albeit doing more damage with it's STAB attack most of the time.
>>
Who is going to Anaheim regionals? Probably not the best place to ask but anyone wanna split a hotel room?
>>
>>25177862
I'm just a couple hours away so I was planning on only attending the 2nd day.
Is registration open yet?

I should probably find some more localish people to organize a car pool, now that I think about it.
>>
>>25177862
Why don't you check out a room on airbnb? It might be cheaper than a hotel room.
>>
>Doswell regionals on Valentine's day
>gf wants me to be with her that day instead of going
JUST
>>
Is anyone here subscribed to Ogloza's patreon? Is it worth satisfying his inner jew for his content?
>>
>>25179389
I was, and to be honest? No. The videos he puts up are trash most of the time if you don't care about FEET. He lost his touch and it just feels like he's forcing himself to do the videos. Can't say anything about his streams because I could never watch them properly because he forces his streams to be full HD the whole time, and my connection doesn't like that idea.

Not worth your dollar(s) in general though.
>>
>>25179464
Same. Also, here's his latest video if anyone cares:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQs4bk6Kny0
>>
>>25179464
what's FEET? second time I hear about it in /VGCG/
>>
>>25180080
Pokemon trivia and other shit.
>>
>>25179387
can you possibly coerce her to go with you
might not be the most romantic Valentine's, but I'm sure you can find a way to make up for that
>>
>>25179387
She comes down with you and then you do stuff in the evening?
>>
>>25179378
I didn't know that was a thing, ty!
>>
File: 1451769470674.jpg (87KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1451769470674.jpg
87KB, 800x600px
>>25150088
>>25151444
>>25151538
>Giratina for Ho-oh
I definitively thought about that and I'm certainly gonna test it someday. It gives me Fire coverage, a good P-Groudon check and most importantly a way to completely cockblock Xerneas and Mawile too, Sucker Punch aside. It more or less covers the same defensive holes Giratina covers and adds a new few more defensive walls to the overall composition too. The only true loss, as it was mentioned, would be not being to check Mega Mom as well as with Giratina.

Another good thing Ho-oh does is give me another option for flying coverage. Forgoing Oblivion Wing on Yveltal and trying out something like Roost for better and more reliable survivability has been on my mind lately.

TTar is both a glue and a weak link. He's definitively weird, I can reaffirm that. I'll probably test Mega TTar for double the Sand set-up. Going Mega after my opponent thinks he won the weather war after their Primal is dead or just in the back and he thinks I can't set-up Sand again without switching or because I can't switch anymore sounds both useful and amusing.

Thank you both for your commentary on the team. I've gotten quite attached to it so I don't wanna drop it despite how wacky it is.

>>25171030
Aw shucks. That's really nice to hear anon. If you truly do so make sure to tell us about it here. I'd love to carry the team to an official event but sadly I live somewhere without official play. Although if everything goes well and I get my American Visa next month I'll make sure to go play somewhere when I make my trip to Murrika.
>>
>>25171030
sorry for such a late reply. It's air ballooned, 4hp/252spA/252spd
Flash Cannon, Heat Wave, Protect, Earth Power. Very blunt, but works great against Xerneas and all but the max speed Groudons and
>>
File: 1441575942267.jpg (102KB, 600x397px) Image search: [Google]
1441575942267.jpg
102KB, 600x397px
So what's VGC16 of this?
>>
>>25185141
Dark Void Smeargle?
Taking out the opponent's primal and/or winning the weather war?
>>
>>25185141
>>25185201
In battle, if your opponent falls asleep, you have already won.
>>
>>25185201
>>25185247
It should definitively be about Primals/Weather. Smeargle is overrated and nowhere as a dominant force.

The tricky part will be finding a quote or proverb about Primals/Weather + War/Battle.
>>
>>25185344jj
>The proper season is when the weather is very harsh; the special days are those when the moon is in the blast of the Doble, the Gale Wing or the Mega-boomanda; for these four are all turns of tailwind.
>>
>>25185393
http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/winter-regional-championships-2016/stream-information/
>We're excited to announce that three-time World Champion Ray Rizzo will join our video game commentating crew,

Bahahahaha
>>
>>25187301
washed up boiz
>>
>>25187301
He's finally gonna have to learn the names of the newer pokemon now
>>
>>25187436
as long as he doesn't have to learn ball legality...
>>
>>25187433
I don't think it's washed up as much as getting older, but still wanting to engage in things you like.

Maybe this will be my fate soon, too.
>>
>>25187433
>washed up
yeah, no. the last year he actually attended tournaments, 2014, he had the best season in the world winning two regionals, taking fifth at another and fifth at nationals. Didn't attend events in 2015, he may play this year though. There's a lot of washed up players but ray isn't one of them
>>
>>25187945
>he had the best season in the world
*before worlds that is
>>
>>25187945
>winning two regionals, taking fifth at another
Joseph Richardson has just done exactly that (inclluding the 5th place in T8), he also was the no1 non-japanese player in the IC. Is he the west's new hope?
>>
>>25188644
this guy must be senior division if he's won two regionals and top 8 nats in the same year and I haven't heard about him, so we'll see how he makes the transition to masters division
>>
>>25189192
I was talking about regional performance only in this case, since it's this year. It's his first year in masters, probably haven't heard of him 'cause he's a UK player maybe?
>>
>>25189272
European regionals aren't really comparable to US regionals. Winning a US regional is more of a big deal and I don't think many people would argue otherwise.
>>
>>25189297
>>25189272
oh ok, no I've heard of gogogolems which is his name on NB. that is impressive, european reg or no, and it shows how broken smeargle is.
>>
>>25189349
There are NYC premier challenges with more people than some of those regionals, just saying.
>>
>>25189361
The ones in the UK have been (from memory) 124 masters at London, ~87 in Wakefield and ~80 in Glasgow. This does include some dedicated European players travelling in as well. Alex Gomez was at Wakefield and Arash Ommati was at London for instance.

In general though do you not find it easier to make cut at larger events? Last year I cut UK Nationals (first year playin) and found it easier to do that than cut the local PCs.
>>
>>25187301

Is that the cheater fag?
>>
>>25190139
it's VGC, anon. everyone cheats.
>>
>>25189410
The thing about yurop is that everyone from it travels everywhere. It's an inconsistent clusterfuck where you are more likely to find big names from other countries than find the big the names FROM our country playing. I wish I were as rich as those fuckers. How do they afford to go to every damn reg countries away just to play Pokemon? Must be nice to have a nice rich mommy or daddy to mooch.
>>
>>25190747
The travel itself is pretty cheap when boooked either way in advance or super last minute (I got £17 flights to Denmark 2 days before going) and when you're staying at friends houses it all becomes pretty affordable.
That being said I have heard that Billa is very rich, which would go some way to explainning how he got >1000 cp last year.
>>
>>25190259
I'm guessing those teams of shinies weren't legitimately caught either?
>>
So one problem I'm having is that I've got in to OR after not playing since GSC (was always too poor to upgrade my GBC). Now I can't immediately recognize any pokemon, and when half the time all their names are in fucking Korean/Japanese. Any tips? I just got stuck because I couldn't look up something on Bulbapedia, and I still have no fucking idea what it was that wrecked me. Usually I can make a good enough guess at the types and get it on bulbapedia/pokemondb.
>>
>>25191281
Play on showdown until you get the hang of it. The information you need while battling is a mouse-hover away.
>>
>>25191281
Do some practice on pokemon showdown until you can remember all the most common ones. You can play more games more quickly and check more info on the pokemon automatically.
>>
So for my uni bros out there, are you able to connect your 3DS to your Uni's internet to practice?
>>
>>25191844
I had a router when I was at Uni. Doubt I could do it straight to the residential services.
>>
File: 1365820594146.png (22KB, 606x668px) Image search: [Google]
1365820594146.png
22KB, 606x668px
>Turn 1
>The opposing Raichu used Fake Out!
>Liepard lost 13.2% of its health!
>Liepard flinched and couldn't move!
>Yveltal used Sucker Punch!
>The opposing Kyogre lost 81.3–83.3% of its health!
>Yveltal lost some of its HP!
>The opposing Kyogre used Thunder!
>[Opposing Raichu's Lightning Rod!]
>The opposing Raichu took the attack!
>[Opposing Raichu's Lightning Rod!]
>The opposing Raichu's Special Attack rose!
>Turn 2
>enemy forfeited.
truly, elo hell
>>
Raichu/Kyogre/Rayquaza teams. Are they everywhere nowadays, or is this just a coincidence?
>>
>>25192067
is that just showdown experience?
showdown isn't very representative of what people bring if that's what you're asking
>>
>>25192148
Why not?
>>
>>25192067
I'm still wondering why Raichu has gotten so damn popular nowadays. It's not like Lightning Rod is doing much nowadays and there's much more useful Fake Out'ers and Flying resists.

Then again, I've been seeing a lot of Kyogres with Thunder now so maybe it is that. Thunderbolt should hit Kyogre decently too.

>>25192148
I disagree with it being a Showdown only thing. Cybertron is currently using a team with Raichu who was used by this guy who won a Reg with it.

>>25192245
Showdown is for testing whatever the fuck pops in your head because you can change stuff on the fly.
>>
>>25192506
Raichus are using Volt Tackle now, which does a nice chunck to Kyogre, can even get the OHKO if you use an item
>>
like hell we're getting pushed off because of mecha diancie
>>
>>25192506
>>25192067
a fag won a tournament in the UK with that team and now aaron is using it on his channel so his fanboys are all using it
>>
>>25198097
Tonnes of people always just coyping Aaron is probably the single most annoying thing about playing on PS
>>
so how are we doing on battlespot. is anyone highly rated
>>
>>25200479
respect the dead thread, marafaka
>>
>>25198288
That may be, but its also easy to understand their weakness when the same video does analyses on the strengths and weaknesses. DESU I'm actually behind on his videos, and have yet to see this team he crafted. That said, I assume he's running timid Ky with Water Spout? Because that's what I'm seeing. Of course its very easy to counter when they send out the Kyogre first.
>>
>>25200479
I keep telling myself to play but when I turn on my 3DS I see the Etrian Odyssey 2 icon so I open that instead of Pokemon.
>>
So is anyone participating in the Nugget Bridge Circuit?
>>
>>25203428
I know that feeling, but then I think that I should be practicing instead so I just play Pokémon Picross and Nintendo Badge Arcade before I go to sleep.

>>25204784
Nope, are you?
I kind of want to play, but then I'd feel like I'd ironically be playing too much Pokémon.
>>
Jesus fuck, the Groudon-Xerneas core seems to have disappeared from the face of Earth on Battle Spot. I've played 10 games so far and literally none of them had neither a Groudon nor Xerneas, instead all I see is RayOgre teams. What the fuck happened?
>>
>>25207670
Aaron Zheng, as you can read above.
>>
>>25207682
I mean the RayOgre core in general. I actually haven't seen his exact team yet.
>>
>>25207670
>>25207682
>>25207778
Also, it's funny how some people were saying "NU-UH Rayquaza is shit and no one will use it!" when the rules were first announced, and now I'm seeing it everywhere.
>>
>>25207778
Hasn't it had overwhelming PC performance thus far? Maybe people are running it so DV doesn't get banned allowing them to run it later in the year.

>>25207798
This could be a Mega Kangaskhan at Worlds situation, where MKang is the Don/Xern core.
>>
>>25207798
>Also, it's funny how some people were saying "NU-UH Rayquaza is shit and no one will use it!"
>over base 100 in every stat
>180 attacking stats with good speed
>Powerful STABs
>Can into primal weather wars
>Can hold an item and megaevolve at the same time
I'm sure no half decent player would ever say mega rayquaza would be bad. It's very good, yet not broken at all despite what smogon scrubs kept saying
>>
>battlespot so dead a single loss sets me back hours
why why why why why why why why WHY IS BATTLESPOT SO FUCKING DEAD GET THE FUCK OFF THE COMPUTER FUCKING FAGGOTS AND PLAY POKEMON
>>
>>25210408
Are the servers agnostic to having players play each other consecutive times?
I just don't want it to be you and me.
>>
Anyone run Ho-Oh? Do you use the JHUself archetype?
>>
Anybody here have a good dialga set? i was thinking something defensive with a calm nature.
>>
Can someone repost that Yveltal/Tyranitar team from a few days ago? It looked fun and I want to try it out, but it seems I forgot to save it and now the pastebin is dead.
>>
anyone going to regionals this weekend?
>>
File: VGC Judge.jpg (91KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
VGC Judge.jpg
91KB, 1024x683px
Hey /vgc/ quick question for you. Are any of you a VGC judge? I just became a judge as of yesterday and was wondering about a few things.

1.) Where do you hold league at?

2.) How do you keep people interested and coming back to the league?

3.) Is there a rule book that I should look at regarding VGC? If so, can you post a link?
>>
>>25214986
honestly you will probably get better help posting on nugget bridge than here
>>
>>25214986
Posting on NB was probably the right suggestion.

I have some questions for you though.
1) Why did you become a judge?
2) What's your long term plan as a judge/TPC certified person?
3) Was it hard? What did you have to do?
>>
is it true that having slow internet means you won't get battles on BS? does anyone else have this problem? I spent so fucking long searching for a battle just now. by the time I get one I'm raging from waiting so long, clicking through menus for 45 minutes
>>
>>25215453
I don't know if there's any truth to this internet speed criterion. I loive very rurally and have reasonably bad internet but have never had trouble finding games on the doubles or singles ladder. I haven't tried playing too much special so it could just be down to it being under populated.
>>
>>25215453
Well, kind of. If your connection is too slow to transfer data from the system to the servers and viceversa at a decent speed, then it'll obviously take a lot of time to find someone with similar rating to you, but it isn't because BS is made that way. Also, if you're in the early 1400s, forget about finding someone; you'd better reset your ranking.
>>
>>25214729
I fought someone who did that in a PC a few days ago. I'll upload it and get you the code to watch it.
>>25214961
No, unfortunately. Valentine's day and all. Sucks so hard too because this is the only regionals I am <50 miles from.
>>
>>25215014
Thanks for the help. I asked it at NB so hopefully I hear back soon.

>>25215364
> 1) Why did you become a judge?
Because I wanted to create a league for VGC players within my area since there seems to be some interest in it. I also love Pokémon, especially the games so it's nice to be a part of something that I love.

> 2) What's your long term plan as a judge/TPC certified person?
I would like to be able to hold bigger events such as Regionals. It maybe a long shot, but it would be a fun goal to have.

> 3.) I wouldn't say it was hard, but it was time consuming. I had to do an exam on their website and then pass a background check. The questions are fairly easy if you have an understanding of both VGC and TCG to an extent.
>>
>>25215874
>background check
lol, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the older dudes involved in VGC were pedos. they all look like creepy pedophiles and spend a lot of time around young boys
>>
>>25215874
>That profile pic
At least use an smug anime girl anon.
>>
What Groudon set are you guys running? I'm running the same set I had from December since I'm terrified of auto losing against both Wide Guard and Ho-Oh.
>>
>>25216773
bulky minimal speed. let's me survive anything an opposing Groudon can do plus possibly win the speed tie under trick room.

I really don't wanna lose the mirror match.
>>
>>25216788
Surviving a 252+ Earth Power takes 360 EVs into defense. Are you actually running that bulky?
>>
>>25216788
108hp/+148spA/252spD
Survives +252spA PGrou's EP and can take other hits too
>>
>>25216795
>>25216819

just 252 HP EV have let me survive every single EP from full health so far. guess I've been getting lucky or simply not running into full special Groudon?
>>
>>25216904
252+ SpA Primal Groudon Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Primal Groudon: 204-242 (98.5 - 116.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
>>
>>25216248
>older dudes [...] look like creepy pedophiles and spend a lot of time around young boys
Off topic but can anyone explain this western idea that's often confused me. Why is paedophilia so strongly associated with homosexuality? Far more often does it appear that accusation are man with boy rather than man with girl.
>>
>>25218792
Because you gotta make them out to be as degenerate and villainous as possible. :^)
>>
>>25218792
because liking little girls means you watch anime not that you are a pedo :^)
>>
>>25218792
Boy scouts and the catholic church
>>
>>25218792
because pedophilia is a mental disorder, like homosexuality
>>
File: zygarde.gif (365KB, 96x107px) Image search: [Google]
zygarde.gif
365KB, 96x107px
any good zygarde sets?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL9ZSCTYBLE

Man, it really makes me mad when people talk about stuff they don't know anything about while pretending they do. I guess this is why a friend keeps sending me these videos.
>>
File: 1421517224149.png (32KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
1421517224149.png
32KB, 128x128px
>Primal vs Primal speed ties
>>
Despite Ho-oh cockblocking XernDon on paper, I'm finding it really underwhelming. It might be better with Ray support though.
>>
>>25222197
ho-oh is particularly bad when everyone on battlespot is using rock slide groudon (which is terrible, but they use it.) and from experience the early rounds of tournaments are bad, you will almost certainly be facing multiple rock slide groudon with your ho-oh
>>
>>25222197
I use it with Groudon for sun-boosted Sacred Fires and it's pretty good. Brave Bird also does some good damage against most Pokemon.
>>
>>25223386
why do people say rock slide/stone edge is bad when it clearly checks a major threat to the team?
>>
>>25223470
its not total garbage but for example, I put rock tomb on my kangaskhan (extremely bad) just for ho-oh since I never used protect or sucker punch in that slot anyway, and I've used it exactly twice in 109 games on battlespot. you can do whatever you want to do though, if rock move groudon works on your team that's what matters.
>>
just beat kamaal harris c:

6ZQG-WWWW-WW3Y-8J7Q

turn 2 is an extremely bad play I knew he would protect mence I should have just protected xern (although I think roar goes through protect anyway) but its all good. he forfeited turn 7. the battle was really tipped in my favor with the decision to fake out mence because if he got tailwind up I would lose instantly. kamaal is a beast though and bo1 means nothing mad respect
>>
Hey guys, I am kinda new to VGC but I think I found the components of a great team.

Every team needs a primal, a legendary, a mega, a utility pokemon, a pokemon to control speed, and then a tanking pokemon.

So starting out I am going with
Primal Groudon- he seems the best of the two option
For my next legendary
Xerneas seems like a good fit as groudon can get rid of steel types so xerneas can do well.
For my mega
Mega kangaskhan, the key to this pokemons power is its special ability it gains form mega evolving, if you haven't seen it look at it again it is really good, possibly the best mega.
For my utility pokemon
Smeargle seems like he can do some good as he can learn any move. One move I want to learn is dark void which can put both pokemon to sleep.
For a speed controlling pokemon
Talonflame, I know what you are thinking, a regional bird, but talonflame has one key move, tailwind, which can boost my other mons speed.
Finally I want a tank
ferrothorn is bulky but also can take out opposing Xerneas and Kyogre.

I think this team will do really good. What do you guys think?
Thread posts: 278
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.