[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>heart gold and soul silver are the best games in the series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

File: shitposting.png (944KB, 509x862px) Image search: [Google]
shitposting.png
944KB, 509x862px
>heart gold and soul silver are the best games in the series

When will this meme end?
>>
>>25100917
Even if you don't think they're the best games, they're by far the best remakes, you can't really argue that.
>>
>>25100926
I rank them below ORAS, but that is mostly because I like Hoenn better than Johto.
>>
>>25100926
I rank them below ORAS, but that is mostly because I like Hoenn better than Johto.
>>
not necessarily the best games but far and away the best remakes.
>>
>>25100926

A good remake should focus on fixing what was wrong with the original first and adding bells and whistles second

ORAS does the first, but HGSS does the second.

I'm playing Soul Silver now and continuing is PAINFUL because of the level curve, poor Pokemon distribution, and the inferiority of the Pokegear to stuff like the Vs. Seeker or better distribution of ways to gather experience in Gens 5 and 6.

Whereas ORAS adds stuff like the DEX Nav, makes it easier to make a balanced team with POKEMON ACTUALLY FROM THE REGION, introducing things that cuts down on surfing time, and generally makes everything more accessible while reducing the shitty time wasting chaff

(Having to grind didn't make the old games hard. It made them tedious.)
>>
>>25100917
2bh, my favorite was ruby/sapphire/emerald.
>>
If the Battle Frontier they used was the Emerald one, I'd see no reason as to why HGSS wouldn't be better than every other game in the series in every aspect.
>>
>>25100917
>underage detected

16 badges, has misty, GBA music, iwata compressed the original games himself, pokewalker gimmick, following pokemon, minigames over wifi (yes they were actually fun shut the fuck up)

if its not one of the best games its definitely one of the longest
>>
File: 1453928311323.gif (652KB, 392x400px) Image search: [Google]
1453928311323.gif
652KB, 392x400px
>>25101069
>>25101119
pretty much this
>>
>>25100917
When they remake HGSS.
>>
>>25100917
>When will this meme end?
When they make a better game
>>
>>25101119
bitch Silver is the first pkmn game I played so I was extremely excited about this remake. But while it is a really good game and had a lot of content, it's not the best, that title goes to B/W2
>>
>>25100917
It's because they probably are. They have probably have the highest good to bad feature ratio. What meme really needs to stop is the "bw2 is best game and gen VI is worst gen" meme. It is literally the faggiest meme considering 90% of the people who say it said BW2 was shit when it came out and will say that gen VI was the best gen when gen VII comes out. Fucking contrarian faggots are a cancer that plagues humanity.
>>
>>25101182
I'm hesitant to call it the best. HG/SS didn't fix most of Johto's main issues in that it's a relatively empty region, because of Kanto I know, and that the distribution of Johto mons were terrible.
>>
>>25101002
HGSS fixed most of Gen II Kanto. Also improved dramatically menus and overall game speed compared to the original games. Try playing original GSC after playing the remakes.

ORAS gave you a brand new Exp. Share that allows you to be overleveled no matter what you do, made trainers even easier and gave you a Mega Latias/Latios in the first half of the game, when your starter shouldn't even be fully evolved. All of this to make sure that, no matter what you do, you'll never be in trouble nor will find a single battle challenging or actually difficult. Heck, for the last battle against Zinnia, which the highest level trainer except Elite 4 rematches, they give you fucking Mega Rayquaza to steamroll her entire team.

I don't know which game has a worse difficulty curve, honestly. Maybe they should give you a level 90 Mewtwo just before fighting Red.
>>
>>25101196
That was an issue in Gen II because they also neutered Kanto, but HGSS fixed a lot of that.

>Viridian Forrest
>New Cinnabar Gym
>Route 47/48 and Safari Zone in Johto, Pal Park in Kanto
>Seafoam Islands
>Battle Frontier
>Mt Silver exanded
>>
>>25101182
But BW2 are the best games anon. But I agree, VI is not the worst gen
>>
>>25100917
>filename
well that sums up the thread
>>
>Gen V is the best Gen

worst meme
>>
>>25101252

>HGSS fixed most of Gen II Kanto.

They made the areas that were cut down in GSC fleshed out again, yes.

But there's still very little to do over there. It's still full of underleveled Pokemon. Most of the good Johto Pokemon are still in the post game. The level distribution is still fucking asinine.

>ORAS gave you a brand new Exp. Share that allows you to be overleveled no matter what you do, made trainers even easier and gave you a Mega Latias/Latios in the first half of the game, when your starter shouldn't even be fully evolved. All of this to make sure that, no matter what you do, you'll never be in trouble nor will find a single battle challenging or actually difficult. Heck, for the last battle against Zinnia, which the highest level trainer except Elite 4 rematches, they give you fucking Mega Rayquaza to steamroll her entire team.

You're still fucking mistaking having access to stuff with difficulty. No Pokemon single player experience is really HARD outside of battle facilities. It's a matter of leveling your partner up and making sure you have access to the right damn moves.

All HGSS is pointlessly draw this shit out with underleveled shit to grind on. That's not hard. It's creating the ILLUSION of difficulty because it takes a long time of you just shooting attack after fucking attack at grinding material.

All ORAS and XY do is cut the chaff
>>
>>25101253

"Oh boy, Viridian Forest is back! And it's still full of underleveled Caterpie and Weedle just like in RBY even though this is post game!"
>>
>>25100917

When will this meme end?
>>
>>25100917
When they make a game that's better than HG/SS
>>
>>25100917

When there is a better a game.
>>
>>25101143
>>25101429
>>25101434

all me
>>
>>25101273
>BW2 are the best games
Again, stop with the fucking meme. Gen V in general was a train wreck and left me on edge before X&Y came out. First of all BW had no redeeming qualities, and second of all the one redeeming quality BW2 had, which was a story, was a pretty bad one at best, and I don't play the games for story, anyways. Other than that the dex was shit, they fucked up the UI, and the resolution and graphics were terrible.
>>
>>25101473
To this day BW2 are still the games that gave me the most single player content, I played about 200 hours of it (not considering multiplayer but just story and post game) and I never got bored of it.
HGSS I played Johto, Kanto and caught the legendaries, that's it
>>
File: 1438315051347.gif (2MB, 205x221px) Image search: [Google]
1438315051347.gif
2MB, 205x221px
>>25101473
>Gen V in general was a train wreck
>>
File: 1424086405795.png (877KB, 900x1346px) Image search: [Google]
1424086405795.png
877KB, 900x1346px
>>25101510
>only 200 hours
>>
>>25101139
This
>>
>>25101380
>You're still fucking mistaking having access to stuff with difficulty.

No I'm not. They're the same fucking thing.
If EXP is so scarce that you have to grind a lot, the difficulty isn't balanced. If EXP is so abundant you're always 5 levels over every trainer, and thus you always have a huge stat advantage, the game isn't balanced either.

ORAS cuts the chaff, but also gives you such powerful options that makes the already easy battles a fucking joke. Because it's not the same beating a trainer with an imbalanced team and shitty AI with similar level Pokemon than beating the same trainer with a 5 levels above Mega Latios that tanks every move and OHKOs almost everything. Notice how the trainer is the fucking same, but the battle is much easier. Because you have access to far more powerful options.

Pokemon has always been easy, but regardless of how much you had to grind you couldn't be absolutely braindead when playing unless you were willing to grind until you were 10 levels above everyone. ORAS doesn't require you to think anymore, since is designed to make you overleveled on purpose and gives you ridiculosuly powerful pokemon even in the early game.

HGSS difficulty curve is far from perfect, but I don't see how you can defend Gen VI absolute lack of challenge as a good thing. It's not about grinding. It's about having pokemon so powerful compared to NPCs that thinking isn't required anymore.
>>
>>25101558
That's the price to pay if you wanna play other games too
>>
File: haunter.jpg (9KB, 244x200px) Image search: [Google]
haunter.jpg
9KB, 244x200px
>all these people replying seriously

OP even used an image with "shitposting.png" as the filename.
>>
>>25101592
They just completely stopped caring about controlling the difficulty curve with Gen 6. You can tell by how easy it is to come up with EXP out of thin air.

>wild pokemon gives 100exp
>switch pokemon out Pokemon A for Pokemon B and defeat wild pokemon
>both pokemon A and pokemon B get 100exp
How it should be:
>exp earned gets split between both pokemon (50 exp each)

And with exp share on:
>In addition to pokemon A and B recieving 100 exp, Pokemon C, D, E, F earn 50 exp.
How it should be:
>Each pokemon recieve 16-17exp

And lets not change the fact that they removed Gen V's exp system where pokemon that are lower level receive more exp to catch up with your teams average level. This could've went well with the exp share by distributing more of the exp earned to underleveled pokemon in your party.

The moment all these decisions were made, you know for a fact they stopped giving a shit about the difficulty curve of the games because it makes it almost impossible to control it.
>>
>>25101790
You're making the assumption that it matters and that the posters ITT didn't just want to discuss genwars anyway.
>>
>>25101790
I dont care and i even´t post something until now.
>>
>>25101811
>And lets not change the fact that they removed Gen V's exp system where pokemon that are lower level receive more exp to catch up with your teams average level.
this made leveling a pain in general only worked with rustling grass+high audino chance.
>>
>>25101835
How so?

Even if you think it wasn't perfect, it was a step in the right direction and could be improved instead of being removed entirely.
>>
>>25101002
>A good remake should focus on fixing what was wrong with the original first

RS had shit post game
ORAS still has shit post game

RS has shit wild Pokemon variety
ORAS still has shit wild Pokemon variety

>muh level curve
ORAS' level curve is even worse because of the fucking exp share and how the game isn't balanced around it at all. Being 10 levels over where I should be is worse than being 5 levels under in already piss easy game.
>>
>>25100917
Go live in hoenn you faggot and suck groudons dick in hoenn. You love hoenn so much so find a way to transport yourself to hoenn
>>
>>25101901
Live in Hoenn? What, do you want him to drown?
>>
>>25101895
RS had no post game, dumbass
And the OR/AS wild mons were actually good if you were paying attention and not just hating the game for the sake of hating it. And the Exp. Share is completely optional, and I did a playthrough with it off and I had similar difficulty to R/S. Why are OR/AS hate memers so retarded?
>>
>>25100917
When they come up with a better game.
>>
>>25102051
>RS had no post game, dumbass

>what is battle tower
>what is rayquaza
>what are regis

Ironically, all of this was far more challenging than ORAS postgame. I can't tell if you're baiting or retarded anymore.
>>
>>25102111
>what is battle tower
Resort is better
>what is Rayquayza
>what is the delta episode
>what are the Regis
First of all, you can get them before beating the league if I'm correct, making them not post-game. Second of all, it's in OR/AS too, dipshit.
>>
>>25102111
That's not "Post game"
>>
>>25102138
Then neither R/S or OR/AS have a postgame, then
>>
File: nGvGVzU.jpg (105KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
nGvGVzU.jpg
105KB, 800x533px
>Americans cry because there's no game after they beat the game
>Kids these days probably don't even finish shit like the Maison or the Pokedex because somehow the Elite 4 is the actual game and the rest is just extra
Online multiplayer is the only true post game.
>>
>>25102138
>>25102137
The only one you can access before the Hall of Fame are the regis, but you're extremely unlikely to do so before beating the Elite Four.

Also

>RS has no postgame
>Yes it does
>It doesn't count because it is in ORAS

Wow, by your logic every remake is the best thing ever, since everything that the original games had doesn't count anymore.
>>
>>25102203
They could just let you have access to that stuff prior to fighting the elite 4
>>
>>25101002
There's always rechallenging the Gym Leaders but of course they have to include the time mechanic somehow so it's more awkward than the VS Seeker.
>>
>>25101895
>they're Ruby and Sapphire remakes!

I mean I agree with you more than the person you're replying to but don't do that.
>>
>>25102329
Don't do what? I have no idea what you're trying to say.
>>
>>25102231
>every remake is the best thing ever
But anon, the remakes are probably the best games in the series. And if you don't think that, you're retarded.
And OR/AS has the better versions of all that shit in the post game anyways.
>>
>>25102345
Don't call ORAS Ruby and Sapphire remakes while ignoring Emerald entirely.
>>
>>25102378
Please point out how Emerald is relevant to my post
>>
>>25102385
Because you're acting like RSE and ORAS postgame is the same.

You should be stating how ORAS' postgame is worse than RSE's, instead of just equating it to RS.
>>
>>25102404
That doesn't change the point of my post at all. RS had shit post game. ORAS didn't fix it. Whether or not Emerald factors in doesn't matter because it doesn't change the fact ORAS' post game is shit.
>>
>>25102427
I say it matters since it's taking something that was already fixed and then breaking it, which is a bigger sin than just not fixing something broken.
>>
>>25102364
>And OR/AS has the better versions of all that shit in the post game anyways.

Not really. Catching Rayquaza was somewhat difficult. Now it's almost as easy as a wild pokemon in a late route. And both the Zinnia battle and the Deoxys capture aren't enjoyable at all because you have a level 70 Mega Rayquaza that makes you virtually indestructible. And compared to Gen III and IV battle facilities, the Maison is shit.
HGSS, on the other hand, didn't dumb down anything. You don't see people complaining because some feature was better in the original games.
>>
>>25102453
>Rayquayza
>hard
Not even shitting you, I threw an ultra ball on my first turn without doing anything and I caught the fucker.
And HG/SS has a lot of problems, like as stated, the shite level curve, poor Pokémon spreading, and that gimmicky piece of shit they called the safari zone that never even worked.
>>
>>25102453
>>25102490
I don't remember them raising Rayquaza's catch rate. Or did they just leave Groudon/Kyogre alone and then raise Fug's?
>>
>>25102441
but it still didn't fix it. So my point doesn't change.

I don't get why you're arguing for the sake of arguing. Calm down dude.
>>
File: hiccup.gif (14KB, 43x58px) Image search: [Google]
hiccup.gif
14KB, 43x58px
>>25102503
I guess my autism just got flared up, sorry man.
>>
>Platinum is the best game in the series
When will this meme end?
>>
>>25102498
Idk. But it was in Sapphire that I caught Rayquayza without a fight. Rayquayza actually put up a decent fight in AS.
>>
>>25102705
Could've been luck. If you have a 1/256 chance of catching something you can get lucky and roll that 256.
>>
>replacing the word 'opinion' with 'meme'
When will this meme end?
>>
>>25101002
>(Having to grind didn't make the old games hard. It made them tedious.)
If you ever have to grind in SSHG you either suck ass or changed your entire team in Kanto. Otherwise you just use EXP share on the new mon as you normally progress through the game.
>>
>>25100926
i can't decide what the best games in the series are, but i basically agree with you here.
>>
>>25102498
>>25102490
http://serebii.net/pokedex-xy/384.shtml
http://serebii.net/pokedex-rs/384.shtml

Yes they did. Rayquaza went from having a hard legendary catch rate (3) to have a rare wild pokemon one (45). If you captured easily Rayquaza in original RSE, you were lucky as fuck.

>And HG/SS has a lot of problems, like as stated, the shite level curve, poor Pokémon spreading, and that gimmicky piece of shit they called the safari zone that never even worked.

Of course, but both pokemon spreading and level curve were also a problem in the originals. Rayquaza being dead easy was never a problem in RSE, they added it in ORAS with the sole purpose of dumbing down the game, which is exactly what I'm saying.
Also HGSS keeped the stuff added in Crystal, while ORAS removed features in Emerald because, you know, "it's not an Emerald remake". HGSS wasn't perfect, but it wasn't ridiculosuly easier compared to the original nor had features from the third version removed.
>>
>>25101002
My favourite part about this, is how everyone complains about Johtos level curve but fail to realise this is a result of letting you choose were you are going after the fourth gym.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.