[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck Kalos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 12

File: ngbbs4e2d81af624c9.jpg (47KB, 599x599px) Image search: [Google]
ngbbs4e2d81af624c9.jpg
47KB, 599x599px
>first encounter is always a Pidgey
>wow! Pikachu says its name now just like muh Pokemon Yellow
>does this forest remind you of anything?
>FUCK that new starter you just got
>take this super nostalgic gen 1 starter and this special snowflake stone that makes your first starter completely inferior in every way
>oh shit, there's a Snorlax blocking your path!
>quick! go through this cave, fight some bad guys, and get a fossil at the end
>we would have made more new pokemon but we had to make room for Mega Charizards
>here, take this Mega Lucario! remember him from Smash Bros. fellow normies?
>here, take this Lapras!
>fuck a new legendary trio, go catch the legendary birds again
>oh shit, Mewtwo's in that cave! Only a true champion can navigate this elaborate and perilous one room dungeon to face it

DIS
GUST
ING

Say what you want about the other regions, at least they have a fucking identity. Who needs a memorable region and characters when you can just appeal to nostalgia in the most forced and cynical way possible? And now thanks to the 20th anniversary we're going to have sit through this bullshit all year long.
>>
Agreed, Gen V felt like a proper reboot, VI feels like a pandering as fuck reboot to try and draw in the normals and the genwunner faggots
>>
>>25085633
I think all of this was done because the series would get its 20 anniversary during Gen VI, so they wanted to appeal to nostalgia since 2013.

By the way, how do you know that Pidgey is a forced encounter?
>>
Kalos will never pander to Gen 1 as much as Gen 2 did

Sorry anon
>>
>>25085681
It is, the second row of grass on Route 2 ALWAYS spawns a Pidgey, its happened five times out of five for me (Y, X, Wonderlocke, Y playthrough with shitmons and my gf's playthrough)
>>
>Kanto and Kalos are the only regions that start with K
>Kalos copied Kanto in almost everything
Didn't expected that
>>
The only thing I remember from kalos was the "spooky" route with the playground

It's a shame seasons are gone, kalos would have been nice in winter
>>
>>25085728
What happened to Deerling and Sawsbuck's forms?
>>
>>25085749
No clue I played through like 50 hours of y before dropping it

Such a disappointment after the godly B/W

I should play b2/w2 one of these days
>>
>>25085749
Locked to Spring form unless you bring one from Gen V
>>
>>25085633
>>does this forest remind you of anything?
-you, during gens two three four five and six
>>
>>25085710
Do you mean it happened five times each of those three times? I'm just tired of hurrdurr four marriages four shits all women are bad, I'll flip a coin four times and get heads each time, will I say this stupid shit?
If you don't know me, no I wouldn't
>>
File: Kalos (region).png (323KB, 450x295px) Image search: [Google]
Kalos (region).png
323KB, 450x295px
Kalos (region) suck because of the lack new Pokémon in that Region.
>>
>>25085864
It sucked for not connecting to previous regions, they fucked up in Gold and Silver by letting you go back and setting us up for disappointment each game after
>>
>>25085633
At least it's objectively better than gen 4 or 5.
>>
>>25085805
the santalune forest has the same layout as the viridian forest
>>
File: lopunny_by_neohikaru.jpg (32KB, 300x350px) Image search: [Google]
lopunny_by_neohikaru.jpg
32KB, 300x350px
>>25085879
How can that be when gen 4 abest
>>
>>25085889
Well I certainly was not reminded, it has been twenty years after all
>>
>>25085876
Nah. The main reason: is the lack of new Pokémon.

I don't like that Region, because of lack new Pokémon in that Region.
>>
>>25085910
How many were there? Just a hundred?
>>
>>25085876
Johto itself suffered in quality and pokemon distribution because of including Kanto.

What would be better is a new game, like BW2 but set in a revamped and timekskipped region from a previous gen. Instead of a remake it would be a tie-in sequel to the new region's game.
>>
File: Defend This.png (593KB, 1027x598px) Image search: [Google]
Defend This.png
593KB, 1027x598px
>>25085805
>>
>>25085950
Try 72.
>>
>>25086014
>defend this
What, you looking up maps? Did you really notice it all on your own?
>>
>>25086015
Good. How many did Monster Rancher have, 1500?
>>
>>25085950
:(
>>
>>25086070
We're talking about Pokémon.
>>
>>25086070
>actually look up MR
>it's actually pretty fucking cool
It has GOD even
>>
>>25085633
Too much salt in your diet, shitlord.
>>
>>25086062
>Did you really notice it all on your own?
Who didn't? I noticed it the very first time I went through it.
>>
>>25086102
Ah yes
https://youtu.be/zCbl-12QV2c
>>
>>25086119
It wasn't very recent that I had played Red, as I had said. Don't speak for others, only yourself. For future reference.
>>
>>25085858
Look at literally any Lets Play of XY and the first wild pokemon in the game is always a pidgey in the second row of grass on Route 2. Play through the game twenty times yourself, the first pokemon will always be a pidgey in the second row of grass on Route 2.
>>
File: tumblr_nrepfprXNy1tczqfso1_500.gif (848KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrepfprXNy1tczqfso1_500.gif
848KB, 500x281px
>>25085633
Just wait until Gen 8. Y'all be whining about how n awesome Gen 6 was. And in Gen 7, y'all be thirsty for Unova.
>>
>>25086119
Sure you did.
>>
>>25086124
I have no interest in anything else but Pokémon.
>>
>>25085858
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Kalos_Route_2
>The first Pokémon encountered on this route is always a level 3, Keen Eye Pidgey, in the second row of tall grass north into the route.
also
>In Pokémon X and Y, wild Pokémon cannot break out of Poké Balls thrown at them here.
>>
File: English_Pokémon_logo.svg.png (33KB, 375x138px) Image search: [Google]
English_Pokémon_logo.svg.png
33KB, 375x138px
>>25086169
Not me.
If it don't have a lot of new Pokémon in that Region. I won't like it.
>>
>>25086138
>>25086172
How about every other Pokémon game?
>>
>>25086169
Nigga I'm thirsty for Unova right now.
>>
>>25086187
Me too, I just haven't had the will to switch carts. I mean I just made my first online trade in Y and I have to train the fucker

Should I keep my shit online in case she wants to trade back?
>>
>>25086182
AFAIK, none of them have a forced first encounter, or at least not one that appears random.

Irrelevant anyways, as we were talking about XY.
>>
>>25086195
Talking about it compared to others, that is.
>>
>>25086178
>Gen 5

>Klink
>Basculin
>Garbador

Fuck no.
>>
>>25086182
XY is the only game in the series to do this, stop being retarded.
>>
>>25086202
I think that was the point OP was trying to make. It's the first game to have a fixed first encounter, and the pokemon it forces on you isn't even from this gen.

If that's not nostalgia pandering I don't know what is. Especially since Pidgey had a 55% encounter rate on Kanto Route 1, so most people's first encounter in RBY would be a Pidgey anyways.
>>
File: Pokémon - Gotta catch Em All.jpg (225KB, 651x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon - Gotta catch Em All.jpg
225KB, 651x1000px
>>25086204
Foget you!. A Pokémon can be anything.
I just want more new Pokémon.

Designs don't matter. All Pokémon can't be cute.
>>
>>25086214
Pandering would imply people had asked for it. Surely it is, as was said, a reminder.
>>
>>25085633
Everything was forgivable until they hand you the Lucario. For me, that was the point where the game's quality took a massive nosedive and never recovered.
Fuck Lucario.
>>
>>25086245
It wanted to be with you anon, why are you so cold?
>>
>>25086238
>Pandering would imply people had asked for it.
>Pander : to provide gratification for other's desires
>People don't desire things unless they ask for them
u wot
>>
>>25086238
It's not "pandering" in the sense of doing something just because the fans asked for it.

It's "pandering" in the sense that it's overtly designed to appeal to people who haven't played since Gen 1 (not necessarily genwunners, since those people are usually still playing and just hate themselves).
>>
>if they release another pokemon game, that would be pandering
I don't think this was the intended context
>>
>>25086279
If I hadn't played since then, would I really want to play more of the same? I mean yes I want familiar territory, but balls should be enough. Not that i am agreeing, why would designers think this? I aspire to be a designer myself, maybe we are the future. If only I could make it through these hoops
>>
>>25086279
So maybe they thought XY would be someone's first game, and they wanted it to be so much like the first games to bridge that gap of first memories
>oh yeah I know how to get through the forest!
Says father to his son
>I remember first seeing a pidgey too
You can do that
>>
>>25086308
Given how happy people are to play remakes, assuming they're good, people really do want more of the same.

I mean, Pokemon as a whole hasn't changed very much, and arguably it's for the better that way. It's a process of refinement, not reinvention.

Running into one guaranteed Pidgey at the start of the game is just going to strike a chord, consciously or subconciously, with the people who last played R/B and remember running into a Pidgey in the tall grass.

The problem, in my opinion, is that Kalos relies excessively on referencing Kanto, while other regions took similar ideas and redid them in interesting ways. Ilex Forest, Petalburg Woods, Eterna Woods and Pinwheel Forest might all loosely resemble Viridian Forest, but they have their own styles, and their own unique elements. Santalune Forest is just Viridian with the serial numbers filed off and your annoying friends being annoying.
>>
>>25086014
Holy shit they even causalized it

There's not as much grass along the paths

Jesus, Gen 6 is fucking awful
>>
>>25085633
I guess they wanted to play it safe and go back to nostalgia pandering after all the controversy with Gen 5.
>>
I still think Kalos has the potential to be really good, just depends on how they fix it with the third version.
>>
I actually thought the Hoenn remakes would save this generation then the leaks happened. Didn't get it and /vp/ helped me dodge a bullet.
>>
>>25086169
HA HA HA. No. A generation that got you to take a break from the main series is easy to remember.
>>
>>25086562
Just wait until February. Then you can finally suck Gen 1's dick again like all you fag Genwunners been wanting and never have to play another game again.
>>
This post is gold
>>
Seriously, I was playing the Gen 1 games back in 1998 and I loved the generations after. What's the problem?
>>
>>25085879

good joke. almost replied seriously to this b8.
>>
File: 1451894465869.png (18KB, 187x159px) Image search: [Google]
1451894465869.png
18KB, 187x159px
>>25086622
It's stupid how they straight up reused a bunch of Gen 1 stuff.
Not that Gen 1 is bad, but Santalune Forest is just Viridian but with updated graphics.
It's dumb lazy pandering.
>>
>>25086812
OR considering that you can catch Kanto starters in Kalos, maybe Kanto modeled itself after Kalos and borrowed some of its mons for its own starters.
>>
>>25086821
Nope. Kanto (region) predates Kalos (Region). Kalos (Region) suck because of lack new Pokémon anyway.
>>
>>25086978
This level of anal pain
>>
>>25087043
Not lore-wise.
>>
l>>25085633
>first encounter is always a Pidgey
and ORAS has a forced Wurmple encounter at Route 101 after you take 2 steps in the tall grass yet I never see any of you faggots cry about it
>>
>>25087112
Honestly didn't know that. That's kind of dumb.

The difference between that and what happens in XY is that wurmple is actually a gen 3 pokemon, and remakes by definition aren't supposed to go too far into new territory. Meanwhile, in XY, a *brand new* pokemon game, they're forcing you to encounter a pokemon that's been around for almost twenty years that doesn't even have any connection to the game or the region other than nostalgia.
>>
>>25086384
Personally I hate there being a forest at start every time
>>
>>25086821
Maybe they are the same. Has Kanto been mentioned by name? Maybe it never existed
>>
>>25087232
>next game a sequel taking place directly to the right mirroring johto and kanto
!
>>
>>25086215
Quality over quantity.

Gen 6 was smart to keep it simpler.
>>
>>25086589
In theory or...? I mean these announced games are pretty hype
>>
>>25087066
I don't care about the Region.
I care about the Pokémon (Species).
>>
>>25087246
Stupid. Actually.
Let's How that Region keep people happy, If it don't have a lot of new Pokémon in it.
>>
>>25087265
However will they fug
>>
>>25087246
>Quality over quantity.
But Gen VI had neither. Seriously, there's only like 3-4 evolution lines that are actualy memorable.
>>
>>25087274
72 Pokémon is unacceptable.
>>
>>25087276
I just love the Pokémon (species).
That's, why. I enjoy new Pokémon.
>>
File: CZfZ1l3VIAAVs9F.jpg large.jpg (53KB, 745x855px) Image search: [Google]
CZfZ1l3VIAAVs9F.jpg large.jpg
53KB, 745x855px
kalos is pretty cool
>>
I like all the fucking cafés
No i don't
Don't show me that, put it away old man
>>
>>25087337
>claims to enjoy new pokemon
>hates new Kalos pokemon

go eat a dick, fucktard.
>>
>>25085786
You should, adored BW but skipped 2 because I wanted a 3DS Pokemon game so badly. Went back to it after XY and ORAS disappointed me and regret ever skipping it, it's my favorite Pokemon game now.
>>
>>25085858
It's a programmed first encounter, same as ORAS with a wurmple in the first patch of grass (after the poochyena of course). In XY, you can run side to side in the first row of grass forever and you won't get an encounter until you step into the second row.
>>
>>25087538
Didn't you and frens take the first step in the first row, is special
>>
>>25087380
Your homosexuals here.
I never said Hate Kalos Pokémon.
I said the Region sucks.
I don't hate the Pokémon.
I hate the region.
>>
>>25088267
I want to say me too, but I haven't made it all the way around yet. I miss when the power plant was a mess
>>
>being surprised a mainstream series is pandering to the mainstream
>>
>>25088286
I only care about the Pokémon in the region.
not the region itself
>>
File: kill me.gif (2MB, 295x211px) Image search: [Google]
kill me.gif
2MB, 295x211px
>>25085633
You forgot

>Every pokemon looks like shit except the ones Hitoshi Ariga designed, Goomy, and Noivern
>Goomy could have evolved into something awesome but got shafted to pokephile bait on his last evolution
>>
Ok guys stop saying Kalos sucks Kanto's dick.

You guys have forgotten how much of a fucking cocksucker Hoenn is to Kanto!

>Littleroot Town is a mirror version of Pallet Town in terms of layout
>First Gym is rock type and even has a Geodude like Brock
>City with first Gym has a fossil lab like Pewter City
>Third Gym is electric type and it even has a Voltorb like Lt. Surge
>Both regions have an island city that's South of the beginning town
>Route 104 has two sides that are separated by a forest like Route 2 and Viridian Forest in Kanto
>Rusturf Tunnel is similar to Diglett's Cave. Both caves start where the first gym is and end near the electric gym.
>Petalburg City is like Viridian City. First major town and a gym you can't battle until later.
>Both regions have a Safari Zone.
>The seas are infested with Tentacool
>The caves are infested with Zubat
>The ponds are infested with Goldeen and Magikarp
>Both regions have their own Power Plant. Both of them even have Voltorb and Magnemite!

Hoenn was designed to make Kanto players feel at home. Hoenn is the original Kanto cocksucker!
>>
>>25089165
>>Route 104 has two sides that are separated by a forest like Route 2 and Viridian Forest in Kanto
The whole "route with a forest that you have to go through in order to progress" has become a thing that was expected by that point. Viridian Forest in Kanto, Ilex Forest in Johto, Petalburg Woods in Hoenn, and so forth.
>>
Ilex Forest starts at Azalea to Route 34. Kalos has two separate routes between Santalune Forest. Unova has Skyarrow Bridge and Route 3.

Route 2 Kanto and Route 104 are both long routes separated by a forest.
>>
Guys what if all these Pokemon games have been secretly doing Gen 1 pandering all this time?
>>
In case y'all haven't noticed, Kanto/Gen 1 has always had its dick sucked. We've had Kanto in gens 1, 2, 3 and 4, and now in 6 we're seeing it again in form of RBY for the DS.

It is a fact of life. We cannot escape the Kanto dicksucking.

I miss Unova
>>
>>25089220

Unova pandered to Kanto by having 150 Pokemon and starting fresh to reboot the series. They even copied Pokemon like Machamp, Golem, Chansey, Zubat, Tentacruel, Pikachu. Even Unova has been sucking Kanto's dick all along.

Sinnoh is the one who seems to not have any Kanto pandering.
>>
>>25085633
>take this super nostalgic gen 1 starter and this special snowflake stone that makes your first starter completely inferior in every way
It doesn't. Not only should you not be taking a second starter of the same type, but things like Greninja are actually better than things like Mega-Blastoise

>we would have made more new pokemon but we had to make room for Mega Charizards
This is kind of like the arguments about clone characters in Smash. They take less time to create than a brand new character, so they aren't taking a slot away from new characters.
Yeah, obviously it's not on the same scale, but you don't need much work for a Mega Pokemon. All you really need to do is slap a typing, increased stats and make it less appealing to look at.
>>
>>25086204
>Gen 1

>Voltorb
>Lickitung
>Muk

Fuck no.
>>
>>25085876

GSC were meant to be the last Pokemon game, that's why they tried to add as much content as possible.
>>
>>25089260
>but things like Greninja are actually better than things like Mega-Blastoise
Any of the Kanto mega evos > Torrent Greninja
>>
>>25089228

In Platinum Professor Oak tells you about the Legendary birds which are roaming around Sinnoh. IIRC they're the only non Sinnoh legendaries available in the game.
>>
>>25089228
Is it any coincidence that Sinnoh also has the worst games?
>>
>>25089260

A Mega takes as much work as a new Pokemon. Unless you're retarded enough to think it took more time design and program Tangrowth than it took to design and program something like Mega Beedrill.
>>
I just want more pokemon from GEN VII.
72 is too fucking low of a number, and before the usual response attack, let me just tell you that, even if a good number of GEN II and IV mons were related to older pokemon, they're still new pokemon, with a proper dex page that you can carry around. As the case for the GEN V argument, it's best to have a huge pool of mons from which everyone can draw their favourites than having fewer options. You can bitch about the usual ice cream and garbage, but there are 156 fucking Unova mons, it's impossible not to have a few favorites. Hell, most of my favourite mons are GEN V just because mathematically they're more. And no, megas are not new pokemon, they're a cheap tactic that invalidates the core of the franchise made just to sell more toys to kids.
>>
>>25086978
I want Black's Challenge Mode back.
>>
>>25086080
Fuuuuuck there's already 700+ people how many do you want! 72 is fucking perfect we dont need to flood every gen with 100+ pokemon every time >_>
>>
>>25089419
I want GF to stop putting features in games and then take them back a generation after only to put them back again in the various third version / sequel / remake.
It's really annoying, especially when they're long overdue addiction like a challange mode (but the system needed some serious rework).
>>
>>25087246
Agreed :)
>>
>>25089350
Yeah cause lickylicky is any better at concept development.
>>
>>25089404

>Pokemon aren't real Pokemon unless they have a dex entry
>Dugtrio is a "real" Pokemon despite being just 3 Digletts stuck together
>Mega Mawile isn't despite being a completely different and updated Mawile design
>>
File: Swoobat.png (45KB, 241x268px) Image search: [Google]
Swoobat.png
45KB, 241x268px
>>25085678
>Gen V felt like a proper reboot
They could've used the original Pokemon instead, however. This thing is obnoxious.
>>
http://i.imgur.com/1nO8D4Z.png
>>
>>25086204
honestly i'd rather have those than NOTHING. Fuck X and Y
>>
>>25089433
Yes, exactly. I can't cuddle M-Mawile in amie, I can't see M-Mawile in my team, I can't read M-Mawile page on my dex. By all accounts that is just my Mawile with a stone that goes against every concept of pokemon. So no, M-Mawile it's not a pokemon.
>>
>>25089388
I'm fine with that since Sinnoh still had its own legendary trio.
>>
I think it's fine that a region doesn't introduce a lot of new Pokémon. However, they can still do without sacrificing its identity by including the most random of mons in the most random of places like the Riolus in the beginning of the game.
>>
>>25089543
If they add those things say via extra pages on the dex and team screen, would they be real Pokémon?
>>
>>25089725

Riolu placement in the beginning wasn't random. It was so Mascot #2 could be part of everyone's journey from the start.
>>
What is up with dungeons from gen 3 onward being fucking shit to non-existent?

Gen 2 even had that ice dungeon, and it was fucking awesome.
>>
>>25089734
What I think he's trying to say is it's just an alternate form of an existing species, not a new Pokemon.
>>
>>25085693
Gen II was an expansion to gen I
>>
>>25085633
New regions filled with previous mons are cancer
As bland as Unova was, at least it had its own pokemon (even if a lot were shit) which gave it its own identity
>>
>>25088559
>>Goomy could have evolved into something awesome but got shafted to pokephile bait on his last evolution

Fuck off it's a normal pokemon
Slugfucker made it unbearable
>>
>>25089928
>Fuck off it's a normal pokemon
>implying
Slugfucker just got the most disappointing Pokemon and spammed it because it ensured maximum butthurt

Goodra killed an interesting evolution line with slimeb8, and it's not even useful compared with other pseudos
>>
>>25086508
This is most likely the reason. It explains why we got less new Pokemon.
>>
>>25089437
Really? It's like a keychain! I want to pet one
>>
>>25088559
How the fuck is goodra even remotely sexual?
>>
>>25090262
It's not. It's just vp that is never tired with its super extra funny memes
>>
>>25090262
>big
>bipedal
>THICK
>goo
>slug so it's a herm
>plenty of fluids
>strange slug penis
>gooey cushion for pushing
>amicable
>>
>>25091066
slugfucker pls go
>>
>>25085678
This so much.

I loved Gen V. Especially BW2.

Moving my Pokemon to Gen VI was the biggest mistake in my life.
>>
>>25089433
Megas are forme changes. Stop being retarded. Do you see anyone claiming the 28 Unown or Rotom as different Pokemon? No? Then megas should be treated the same way. Shit even Rotom is closer to a different Pokemon than Megas are because I can actually use any item I want on them, they have a slightly different movepool, and I can use them outside of battle without changing back.
>>
>>25086172
>>In Pokémon X and Y, wild Pokémon cannot break out of Poké Balls thrown at them here.
How fucking casual is that.
>>
File: 96659.jpg (69KB, 283x269px) Image search: [Google]
96659.jpg
69KB, 283x269px
>>25089784
>liking ANY dungeon
that's a fucking lie and you know it
>>
>>25091066
jesus christ this board should be used to actively find and castrate deviants like you
Thread posts: 139
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.