[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I like it's design and I think it only gets hate because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 12

File: 1.jpg (11KB, 212x238px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
11KB, 212x238px
I like it's design and I think it only gets hate because people can't get over the fact it's ice cream.
>>
I like it too. It's cute and it has the quintessential Ice type look about it, being made of ice and snow.
>>
>>25079168
I think the design is really clever. They should have made it more obvious that the "ice cream" part is snow, like maybe when it enters battle it's just the ice, but then it forms snow around it to cover its head.
>>
I agree
>>
File: James_Turner.jpg (17KB, 233x259px) Image search: [Google]
James_Turner.jpg
17KB, 233x259px
>>25079217
>>
>>25079217
That's not clever at all
I like Vanilluxe because it's cute, not because I have to lie to myself saying it's clever
>>
>>25079168
I don't hate it, but I don't like it either. Maybe if the shiny was chocolate or strawberry colored I would like it. I do find the first form really cute, but the other two are ugly.
>>
Vanilluxe is one of the few Gen V pokemon that I didn't need to warm up to. I genuinely liked it when it was revealed.
>>
File: 615Cryogonal.png (202KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
615Cryogonal.png
202KB, 431x431px
>>25079168
I feel that Vanilluxe and Cryogonal are kind similar, both are floating heads of ice, and Cryogonal alone should be enough for this position.

They could have made a more interesting Ice-type with the three stages.
>>
>>25079168
my only beef is with vanillish, the other 2 are fine.
>>
>>25079278
Remember we also got Cubchoo and Beartic, whom were nice designs, even though the ice beard feels kind of tacked on.
>>
Naw I quite like it. It looks really visually appealing, and the white and blue is really nice. My only complain is that it could do with one or two less "sprinkles".

My headcanon is that someone in the Pokémon world invented ice cream after being inspired by Vanilluxe, rather than the other way around.
>>
>>25079168
Not really clever, but is a nice design.

Pokefood are the best.
>>
I especially like the ice flake/funnel that emits freezing air
>>
File: 46746746746746.png (28KB, 584x236px) Image search: [Google]
46746746746746.png
28KB, 584x236px
>>25079362
what?
>>
>>25079168
This and Garbador are the most underrated pokemon from Gen 5. It was a pretty shitty dex but those two were neat and felt like old school Pokemon.
>>
As usual, the Basic Pokemon is 10x better.

>>25079360
That's like saying someone invented car keys after seeing Klefki. Ice cream is made with a complicated milk slurry that has to be maintained at an unnatural temperature to turn into semisolid food.
>>
>>25079168
It's okay.

I don't mind the ice cream theme and it's kind of cute but the face looks stupid and it doesn't help that it's a complete shitmon with nothing interesting in its movepool.
>>
>>25079351
I hate that icicle snot on Cubchoo.
>>
>>25079217
>I think the design is really clever.

Yeah, it would have made a great Yo-kai Watch monster
Too bad the dude who designed it didnt know he was working for Pokémon
>>
File: dex.png (5KB, 721x97px) Image search: [Google]
dex.png
5KB, 721x97px
>>25079422
>That's like saying someone invented car keys after seeing Klefki
Except that the keys are not part of Klefki's body, it's based in a legend about fairies that would stole small things, such as keys.
>>
>>25079422
But the keys are not part of its body, they are actual keys
>>
>>25079428
>complete shitmon
>nothing interesting in its movepool

The only thing really holding it back is the typing. Its stats are solid across the board and it gets every Ice move there is, including Freeze Dry and Ice Shard. It wishes perma weather was still a thing, as Weather Ball was awesome last gen.
>>
>>25079168
I like Vanillite design-wise. I don't like Vanilluxe's design because of the face and far too many unnecessary ice crystal diamonds on its body. Also, wish there was some color variation in the family. They're all just boring blue and white despite being based off of a very colorful thing.

Vanillite really is a cutie, though.
>>
File: 13697645.png (330KB, 525x655px) Image search: [Google]
13697645.png
330KB, 525x655px
I like Vanilluxe. It's cute and I had fun using it on my team during my playthrough of White 2.
>>
"Vanilluxe, the Snowstorm Pokémon

Swallowing large amounts of water, they make snow clouds inside their bodies and, when angry, cause violent blizzards. "

A more perfect candidate for the ability Snow Warning I have not seen. But it don' get it. Por qué?
>>
You faggots are retarded. A fucking iced cream Pokémon? Motherfuckers talking about Garbodor in this thread too, man these are some lazy-ass concepts. Anyone who likes Vanniluxe should be killed.
>>
>>25079488
>>25079422
I think "inspiration" is the key word here. As is, people already made ice cream, but they started making cones AFTER they saw it. As for klefki, it's more like an inspiration (or replacement?) for a key ring AFTER inventing locks and keys.

It's not that people were so dumb that they couldn't invent anything. However, it's been made clear that pokemon have been around at least as long as one evolutionary period ago (hence fossil pokemon), easily predating even the very first stages of civilization, so it's not unreasonable that many pokemon that resemble or function like real world tools (gears, magnets, scythes) may have inspired their man-made counterparts. Even in real life, people have been inspired by natural phenomena (including animals) to make tools and art.

So the pokemon designers probably thought, "what form could a pokemon take that has a real world counterpart, while also providing unique world-building to the fictional world of pokemon?"
>>
File: 1452589643897.png (265KB, 822x504px) Image search: [Google]
1452589643897.png
265KB, 822x504px
>>25080132
>shitting on pokemon designs
A reminder to get a load of this and be grateful for what you have
>>
>>25080176
Yeah exactly except for stuff like Voltorb and Honedge which only came into being AFTER the objects that make up their bodies were invented.

Like I like to think someone was studying Noivern's ears closely, to see if they could replicate the way they make sound, and thus invented the electric speaker. Dedenne communicate with radio waves so maybe they played a part in the invention of the radio.

In reality the most likely case is that it's just Nintendo logic, but internalizing stuff like this keeps me sane.
>>
>>25080222
I wouldn't be too afraid to give them the credit. There are likely hundreds if not thousands of various fictional worlds filled with various creatures, but Pokemon was able to establish an often eclectic ensemble of creatures that have survived cultural osmosis for 20 years now. I think it's because they take elements from the real world to create unique parallels in the Pokemon world. It's that connection to reality that makes them so memorable.

I think the best example of this is Aerial Ace. It's a reference to the Swallow Cut sword technique, which was inspired by the movement of a swallow. In Pokemon, it's not just a movement; it's literally a fighting technique that, with the exception of Spearow, was only naturally (as in by level) learnable by Swellow and Taillow (swallows) in Gen 3 when it was introduced.
>>
>>25079168
Much better design than Klink and Klefki.
>>
The Vanilluxe Line gets hate because people think it's LITERALLY icecream. They don't understand that the "icecream" part of it is actually snow, piled on to resemble icecream. It's not actually supposed to BE icecream. They take it too literal.

>>25080132 is a prime example of these types of people.
>>
File: vanilluxe_by_gnewarned-d4bduam.png (305KB, 800x766px) Image search: [Google]
vanilluxe_by_gnewarned-d4bduam.png
305KB, 800x766px
>>25079168
Vanillish is the worst one.
Vanillite is cute and Vanilluxe has fun with it.

>>25079558
It's got high BST, just bad distribution.
Also it might learn a lot of ice moves but it still has a shoddy movepool.

Also, what typing would you want it to have? Ice/Water?
>>
>>25081198
Distribution isn't too bad at all, really. It has like 110 Sp Atk and enough speed to use a Scarf. Defenses are decent, and has enough Attack to use things like Ice Shard and Avalanche if you really want to. Switching Speed and Attack around would be good for it though.

Ice/Water would probably be best for it, but it wouldn't make sense unless it had a perpetually melting/freezing cycle thing going on.
>>
>>25080345
No you fucking idiot, people hate Vanilluxe because it looks stupid as fuck, not because you think they don't get such a "clever" design.

Vanilluxe is pretty stupid even disregarding the fact that out of all ice-related things they decided to use ice-cream as a base. The stupid drooly cross-eyed faces, the "pellet smile" on the back, the horrible straw just planted there outta nowhere. It's appaling how people will defend this piece of shit just to piss off genwunners
>>
>>25080334
>klefki
>literally a pocket monster
>implying that's not amazing design
>>
File: Georgia_Vanilluxe_Icy_Wind.png (66KB, 342x192px) Image search: [Google]
Georgia_Vanilluxe_Icy_Wind.png
66KB, 342x192px
>>25081266
I'm an Icefag so my opinion is probably a teeny bit biased, but I unironically like its design. Nothing to do with pissing anybody off either. I guess it just embodies the type well. Like, it's one of those pokemon you look at and immediately realize what type it is.

I can see the design being too goofy for some, but there's more to it than "just being ice cream", as >>25080345 said.
It's a snow-topped icicle made to resemble a double-sundae, and the "straw" is actually a funnel-like orifice to send off freezing air. I think it's neat.
>>
The idea of an ice cream Pokemon isn't bad per se, the main issue is more that it has three stages for no good reason, feels like a case of "it just gets bigger", and the third stage does that stupid several-in-one thing that plagues so many other disliked designs such as Binacle, Dugtrio and Exeggcute. If it were a two-stage line to make the contrast between the forms bigger, and it only had one face, it would be perfect. Klink and its evos, however, are irredeemable trash designs.
>>
>>25079168
I like that it not only looks like ice cream, but is also basically a pun on snow cones
>>
>>25079168
daily reminder that this shit got added before a dolphin pokemon
>>
>>25079168
Who cares about design? Rotoms a fucking dishwasher.

ITS THE ICE TYPING.
>>
>>25079436
>I hate that icicle snot on Cubchoo
This. It's fucking awful.
>>
File: JamesTurner.png (225KB, 637x565px) Image search: [Google]
JamesTurner.png
225KB, 637x565px
James Turner is love, James Turner is life.
>>
>>25084635
I'm okay with it. It is kind gross but Cubchoo's also kinda cute.

You know what's really gross? Beartic' beard is made of snot. If you look closely at its X and Y model, you can see that its beard comes from out of its nose....
>>
>>25079168

They made the snow look too much like cream. If it was more fluffy looking it would be passable.
>>
>>25084692
Someone said cofagrigus was a bad design, isn't literally the ghost of a human possessing a man-made casket
It Isn't natural, but new pokémon are being discovered all the time. From Muk to Garbodor they can pop out our shit
>>
>>25084692
Didn't mean to quote.
>>
>>25084645
He designed Golurk and Trevenant too? He's my hero
>>
>>25079217
Sounds good. I'd also recommend certain moves like Blizzard involve it launching the snow at the opponent and leaving the icy body bare like how Mega Sceptile fires of its entire tail.
>>
>>25084645
Did he design anything in gen 6?
>>
>>25086236
are u blind? phantump trvenant
>>
>>25079276
Of course you didn't need to warm up to it . It's an ice type.
>>
It's a cute, goofy design with a clever theme. Y'all need to lighten up, not everything is powerful badass dragon
>>
>>25086260
Ohh right, I forgot they were gen 6 for a bit there.
>>
>>25080345
You think I didn't read the Pokédex? It's an iced cream Pokémon, regardless of that shit, that was the lazy-as-fuck concept, it looks like shit, and if you like it you're an idiot.
>>
Large part of my reason behind liking Vanilluxe is that I can nickname it BenNJerry.
>>
>>25089453
>getting this mad butthurt over someone liking a pokemon you don't like
>>
>>25079168
I agree.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.