[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I propose an idea for fixing the broken casual EXP Share seen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (27KB, 497x296px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 497x296px
I propose an idea for fixing the broken casual EXP Share seen in Gen 6.

>you pick which mons from your party get XP from it

For example, give it an optional setting apart from on/off:

>on
>off
>custom

If you choose custom, you can then choose mons from your party that get XP, instead of your whole party automatically getting it, kind of like how the XP share used to work but you can add another mon or two that gets XP too.

Poorly worded post I know but what do you guys think of this as a new mechanic? Would it work? Would you be a fan? Would you use it to give XP to only one or two mons in your party as opposed to your entire party?
Discuss
>>
>>25060430
It's not broken.
>>
>>25060439
Broken or not, an extra "custom" setting wouldn't hurt anyone - you don't have to use it if you don't wish.
>>
>>25060430
What happens if you switch out some party members? Does it stay on or off for the party slot, or the specific pokemon?
>>
>>25060449
I'm assuming that if this system were ever implemented, it would be mon specific, not slot specific.
So yeah it'd deactivate for that mon once it was taken out of your party, but the other selected mons in your party would still be gaining XP
>>
>>25060447
In Pokémon ORAS.
You can turn it off or no.
>>
>>25060463
I know, I'm suggesting an extra "custom" setting where you can choose which party members get XP from it instead of your entire party
>>
To fix it just revert back to what gen 5 did. It was perfect.

>>25060439
Yes it is.
>>
>>25060465
I see. However.
My Pokémon on level 100.
So. They don't need it at all.
>>
>>25060468
No. It's not.
Talk about more important related to Pokémon.
Like the Pokédex.
>>
>>25060468
No. It's not.
Talk about more things important related to Pokémon.
Like the Pokédex.
>>
>>25060475
Right, so this thread is completely irrelevant to you...
>>
>>25060479
>No. It's not.

Yes. It is.

>Like the Pokédex.
What about it?
>>
>>25060490
not really. I'm more interested in the Pokédex information.
>>
>>25060492
No. It's not broken.
The Pokédex is very interesting.
>>
>>25060499
Yes it is broken. Now go back to fapping over your pokedex.
>>
>>25060502
It's not broken.
Just don't use it.
Nothing in Pokémon Is Broken.
>>
Do people seriously still complain about this? Just turn the damn thing off.

The exp share is actually BETTER now than it was before. I never ever used it until postgame, at which point I only use it to quickly level up all the level 1s I hatched in the daycare. Now that the EXP share affects everybody, I can train multiple daycare mons at once, which is 5x more efficent than in previous gens.

The EXP share before this had absolutely no use. If you were that bad at pokemon that you actually needed it to beat the game than you might be autistic.
>>
>>25060507
>>25060510
but what if I want one and only one pokemon to gain exp without switching

>The exp share is actually BETTER now than it was before
no, it's shit. It breaks the pre-E4 gameplay and post-game it hardly matters because you only need to get to lv50 to do anything important.

>The EXP share before this had absolutely no use
yeah it did. Leveling new Pokemon in your party so they can catch up quicker without constant switching and damaging your party.
>>
>>25060507
>nothing in pokemon is broken
>Mega Rayquaza
>>
>>25060523
Nothing in Pokémon Is Broken.
Why complain over Nothing.>>25060520
>>
>>25060520
>It breaks the pre-E4 gameplay and post-game it hardly matters because you only need to get to lv50 to do anything important.

Can you read? Just turn it off. Do you realize how bad kids are at this game? It's not for you, it's for little kids who only train one Pokemon and don't know how to play games. The reason the E4 was easy as fuck wasn't because of the EXP share, it's because the sucked

>yeah it did. Leveling new Pokemon in your party so they can catch up quicker without constant switching and damaging your party.

Seriously, how long have you been playing that you still don't know how to efficiently train all your Pokemon so that nobody gets left behind? Its not that hard, you don't need the EXP share for it either
>>
>>25060547
>Can you read? Just turn it off.

Can you?
>but what if I want one and only one pokemon to gain exp without switching

It's like you EXP share apologists just go on autopilot and just repeat the same "WAAAH JUST TURN IT OFF" bullshit.

>It's not for you, it's for little kids

Oh, it's this retarded excuse again. Breaking news: Every Pokemon game in the series has been made so little kids can play it.

>Seriously, how long have you been playing that you still don't know how to efficiently train all your Pokemon so that nobody gets left behind?
I've been playing since gen 1. The exp share gives more net exp so there's zero reason not to use it.
>>
They need to bring back the 5th gen EXP system
>>
>complaining that an optional feature made to make the game easier for shitters makes the game easy

????

If you want to level up a single mon, switch them in and out. Using any other method, including older Exp Share mechanics, is casualizing.

New Exp Share is an amazing tool that makes EV training and mass leveling so much less obnoxious. Fuck off with your retarded ignorant statements, I enjoy gameplay improvements and progress where it actually matters.
>>
>>25062722
>I enjoy gameplay improvements and progress where it actually matters.

me too. Which is why I hate that it breaks pre-credits gameplay.
>>
>>25060430
Just make it harder to obtain, or have it be given to you after you beat the E4 and Champion.
>>
File: tumblr_lqopm2dlUf1qg0dcvo1_400.gif (64KB, 310x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lqopm2dlUf1qg0dcvo1_400.gif
64KB, 310x500px
Does the ORAS EXP Share give more EXP to each party member if there's less members in your party?
>>
How can we fix the bicycle? It makes you finish the game too fast
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.