[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Uber when?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: hoopa_new.png (161KB, 384x332px) Image search: [Google]
hoopa_new.png
161KB, 384x332px
Uber when?
>>
As soon as they give it Sucker Punch.
>>
>touch it with a bug
>it dies

It has little physical bulk and it's speed means it has to be scarfed to be a threat. It's really easy to take out.
>>
>>25056551

Never. Once the shiny new toy syndrome wore off and the metagame adapted to it, Hoopa-U was dropped from S Rank to A+ Rank.

It's a good mon, but it has some huge flaws that keep it from being broken.
>>
>>25056551
>Zubat used Leech Life!
>>
>>25056551
Weedle used Bug Bite! It's super effective!
>>
>>25056558
The Gems being released would do it a huge favor as well, Magician activates as soon as an item is consumed or lost
>>
>>25056596
Weedle is my favorite pokemon
Is there a niche it has?
Even Rattata got a use
>>
>>25056653
Nope it doesn't.
>>
>>25056659
Specs weedle :^)
>>
>>25056665
That's how Magician works. It only cares if you don't have an item when the attack is executed

>>25056571
I wonder how many more of these super high BST shitmons we're going to get
>>
>>25056551
when talonflame goes ubers
>>
>>25056591
252+ Atk Choice Band Zubat Leech Life vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Hoopa Unbound on a critical hit: 196-232 (65.1 - 77%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Nice try, shitposter.
>>
>>25056729
Try it out yourself, Magician doesn't work with gems (not the turn they're used at least).
>>
>>25056659
its a showderp meme
>>
>>25056729
>It only cares if you don't have an item when the attack is executed
It only cares if you don't have an item when the attack is chosen would be correct
Meaning: it wont work with gems (it doesnt work with the normal gem)
>>
>>25056764
>>25056784
Really? Holy shit thanks

I guess thats one of the OTHER things wrong with Showdown too, fucking zarel
>>
>>25056809
They do work there? Top kek. Not like there's any normal move worth using at the moment, but it's still incorrect.
>>
>>25056561
>has to be scarfed to be a threat
You mean like Genesect?

Even without a scarf, it's the best wallbreaker in the metagame by so far it's not even funny.
>>
>>25056818
yep, here

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-320786829

Also several of the weaker moves have incorrect PP like Water Gun having 40 instead of 64 iirc
>>
>>25056845
Meh they'll definitely do something about it once/if Magician becomes relevant.
>>
>>25056837
>You mean like Genesect?

Scarf was just one of several sets Genesect could use.

You had the Scarf set, the Rock Polish special sweeper set, the Expert Belt set, and the Shift Gear physical sweeper set.
>>
>>25056870
and most of those sets are perfectly viable for OU, and yet it's uber.
>>
>>25056551
when smogonfags stall strategy don't work
>>
>>25056940
Stall has been dead since Goth was banned faggot.
>>
>>25056784
power herb solar beam fennekin works so the gems work too
>>
>>25056985
>hurr durr this works so everything else does too
Just try it out yourself dumb fuck.
>>
>>25056784
I was fooling around with a Magician Power Herb Delphox on cart when we didn't even know about ORAS, and just after shooting the Solarbeam, Delphox stole the item.
You're saying that now in ORAS that doesn't work?
>>
>>25057013
I know it might be surprising for your simple mind, but different items works differently.
>>
>>25057025
The Power Herb is consumed before using the attack. If the game detect that the Pokémon charged an attack, the item is consumed and the attack is used inmediatly.
The Gems are consumed before using the attack, too. If the data detect that the Pokémon used an attack that match the Gem Type, the item is consumed and the attack is powered up.

Different effects, yet on context, the timing is the same.
>>
>>25057040
Point is Magician doesn't work with gems, boot up your game and test it yourself.
>>
>>25057040
I've read Solar Beam might still be considered a 2-turns move and that's the reason Vigor Herb works with Magician.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.