[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All right /vp/ I'm bored so let's try a thing (or not,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: caution.jpg (141KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
caution.jpg
141KB, 500x375px
All right /vp/ I'm bored so let's try a thing (or not, it doesn't really matter).
Ask me about something in the Pokemon universe that seems odd and I'll try and rationalize it biologically (or some shit). Then you can proceed to tell me if that makes sense, or if I'm a dumbass for thinking something so retarded.

Oh and my responses will be highly irregular and happen whenever I feel like it (because I'm a faggot) so don't expect a quick response.

Sound like fun? (probably not).
>>
>>25055876
Why are Flying and Levitating Pokemon not hit by Earthquake when they're using Dig?
>>
>>25055979
They are still flying, they're just underground.
>>
>>25055876
Why are eggs left specifically at daycares?
>>
>>25055876
Op why are you a faggot???
>>
how is a 10yr old child capable of raising a variety of monsters when grown adults only seem to be able to manage a few at a time, and those are usually of the same kind (ie all bugs, all birds, etc)

how are pokemon even taken care of? they cant eat pokeblocks all day thats basically candy, surely they require some sort of health checkups from time to time, how are injuries dealt with, what the hell is a potion and if they're so cheap why does almost nobody else use them
>>
>>25055876
How come Pokemon understand our language but can't replicate it?
>>
>>25055991
This
>>
>>25056156
Well that is where they are made, why would they waste time moving the eggs to somewhere else?
>>25056758
On the seventh day OP created a thread, and it was gay. forsooth the anons doth declare "OP is a faggot", and from that day, OP has always been and forever will be, a faggot.
>>25056813
Because game balancing reasons. But in all seriousness, carrying a certain amount of Pokemon does not necessitate that said person is incapable of handling more, but more likely that it is their preference. Also I imagine that a Pokemon Centre is essentially a Pokemon hospital and as such contains wings for health checkups and for more serious injuries. A Potion is a spray that temporarily causes cellular regeneration (the better potions last longer and this heal more) in the Pokemon. As for why no one uses them, it could be that they don't believe in using man made medicines on their Pokemon, you know, kind of like certain fundamentalist groups, but less extreme.
>>25057011
They possess the necessary cognitive functions to be able to understand language, but lacks the vocal cords necessary to emulate speech.
>>
What are moves? Are they verbal commands by a trainer that a Pokemon understands and does accordingly? Or are they just naturally built in to all Pokemon?

How are Pokemon types decided? How did someone just look at Gastly and say "yeah that's ghost/poison"?
>>
>>25057085
>How are Pokemon types decided? How did someone just look at Gastly and say "yeah that's ghost/poison"?
I think that it's an energy/magic thing, natural in all Pokemon, that is named after the appearance or common powers of those that have it.
Not all bugs are Bug Type, and not all Bug Types are bugs, but a majority of Bug Types look like bugs, so the types was named Bug Type.
>>
>>25057108
I'm not talking about how the types were decided, I'm talking about how Pokemon are decided to be of a type. So, like, why is Drapion Poison/Dark but not bug?
>>
>>25057117
Because it doesn't have they magic power that makes it Bug Type, giving it Bug STAB and Bug defenses.
>>25057108
>Not all bugs are Bug Type, and not all Bug Types are bugs, but a majority of Bug Types look like bugs, so the types was named Bug Type.
>>
>>25055876
Given that Pokemon are apparently much stronger forces than humans, why aren't humans extinct? Why does even legendaries obey without question any orders from a child?
>>
>>25057170
Because most Legends are pretty chill around humans. Maybe humans are Arceus' favorite, whatever. Pokemon do not want to kill humans.
>>
>>25057170
Doesn't it say at one point that legendaries allow you to use them because you proved your worth to them?
>>
>>25057170
Read all the Sinnoh myths. Also it's implied that humans could be as capable as most pokemon in combat but the majority of humans are essentially level 1 and rarely develop themselves. In the games we have psychic and aura using humans.
>>
Why is Emboar the only non-water fire type that can learn scald?
>>
>>25055876
Do signs like those really exist? If the child can actually think for himself and be a contribute to society besides being a leech, then it must be embarrassing as fuck being the parents or the actual autistic person (once they grow up more) if they even can understand why that sign is there.
>>
>>25057085
>>25057117
there are certain characteristics that groups of pokemon are observed to have in common.

these characteristics include how well/poorly pokemon are able to resist certain kinds of attacks in battle (aka the type chart matchups), and how strong different kinds of attacks are when used by those pokemon (aka STAB).

it's basically a taxonomic thing. there are 17 distinct groups that have been observed so far that all pokemon can be categorized by.
>>
>>25056813
>how is a 10yr old child capable of raising a variety of monsters when grown adults only seem to be able to manage a few at a time, and those are usually of the same kind (ie all bugs, all birds, etc)
Same as in the real world most adults have better things to do than dedicating all their time to a children's monster game.
>>
>>25057458
fatty
>>
>>25057587
>17
>>
>>25056813
the theory i like is that raising a party with multiple types of pokemon is actually pretty difficult, which is why most trainers stick to just one type. the protag is just a naturally gifted trainer who can handle raising any kind of pokemon
>>
Why is Linoone's body more dense than most rocks and metals? It's only, like, a foot long, but weighs, like 71 pounds? That's like, heavier than lead.

Also, Linoone can learn Surf? How the hell do you swim with that kind of body density?
>>
>>25056813
>How is a 10yr old child capable of raising a variety of monsters when grown adults only seem to be able to manage a few at a time

The same reason there are child prodigies in our world. For example this kid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JnbMvaXOiY
>>
>>25057458
Not op and this is the best I've got

Much like how Infernape takes a cue from Sun Wukong(The Monkey King), Emboar takes cues from Zhu Bajie(Friar Pig). Friar Pig was an inferior fighter to the Monkey King, but was clearly superior to the monkey king when in combat under the water.
>>
>>25057664
I definitely want to hear an explanation for this one.
>>
>>25057459
Of course they don't, you spaz. Quit being such a spaz.
>>25057627
>Why is Linoone's body more dense than most rocks and metals?
Their pounds aren't the same as ours.
>>
Any more?
>>
Considering its dex entry, how does yamask breed?
>>
File: Machamp bravado.png (500KB, 855x473px) Image search: [Google]
Machamp bravado.png
500KB, 855x473px
pic related hitting a pokemon using fly, dive, shadow/phantom force
>>
>>25061163
There are more humans who have died than humans who are currently alive.
>>
File: golem_using_eq_on_gligar.png (32KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
golem_using_eq_on_gligar.png
32KB, 700x600px
>>25055991
This doesn't make any sense. They're still touching the ground to dig even if they're making a hole wide enough to fly underground
>>
>>25061195
They reach where they believe the target to be above before the target has time to strike. Then, they wait for the right moment to strike said target.
>>
File: then.png (32KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
then.png
32KB, 700x600px
>>25061197
And that's why underground pokemon take double damage. Even if you're right, they can not escape eq aftermath
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.