[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some features you don't want to see return

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9

File: sky3.jpg (18KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
sky3.jpg
18KB, 400x240px
What are some features you don't want to see return in future games?
>>
>>25054395
Following Pokemon, useless and the Pokemon tends to get in your way while picking invisible items
>>
>>25054412
>hasn't been in since HG/SS
>no sign of it returning
We're talking about gen VI shit you mong
>>
Fairy Type
Ice not being rebalanced
Genies
Raichu not as Dedenne evo
Pikachu getting its dick sucked constantly with nonsensical buffs/mechanics
Pikachu name cry
>>
>>25054418
>We're talking about gen VI
Probably want to include that in the OP, then.
>>
>>25054418
>>25054433
I made the thread about any feature that was ever featured in a mainline pokemon game, but did target Gen VI for the most part. For the sake of having more to discuss about it can be can be from any gen.
>>
>>25054395
the casualness of gen6

what i want to stay: trainer custumization
>>
>Wanting optional features removed
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 320x240px
>>25054578
>defending sky battles in any manner, magnitude, way or form
>>
File: rin disgust.png (163KB, 348x418px) Image search: [Google]
rin disgust.png
163KB, 348x418px
>>25054395
Battle Maison. Replace it with Battle Frontier.
The hand-holding and overall casualness.
Shit-tier rivals and "friends".

Also, not really features, but have Prankster activate immediately when Banette Mega Evolves and give Delphox a better movepool more like Mismagius.
>>
>>25054696
>Battle Maison
Its obvious Maison wont return since its a 6th gen thing just like Subway was a th gen thing. But another version of battle tower will return
>>
Triple battles and rotation battles.
>>
>>25054427
>pikablu name cry
This pissed me off so so much when it was added
>>
>>25054981
Why did my phone correct pikachu to pikablu, that's odd.
>>
File: 290px-Battle_Resort_ORAS.png (168KB, 290x255px) Image search: [Google]
290px-Battle_Resort_ORAS.png
168KB, 290x255px
>>25054395
Decorative sand traps.
>>
>>25054578
Sky battles are the reason Pokémon like Xatu and Tropius got screwed out of decent battle animations. Fuck them.
>>
>>25054395
Honestly, sky battles were a good idea, but implemented fucking horribly, largely because GF is literally the laziest video game company in the world.

What they should have done was make seperate flying models for Pokémon that could participate in sky battles, and also not be retardedly selective with the whole 'we didn't make a sky battle model for your bro so he can't participate'

Hawlucha hasn't even made it through one full gen and GF already hates the shit out of it.
>>
File: 1452407267983.jpg (14KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1452407267983.jpg
14KB, 251x242px
>>25054395
>Team preview
>Destiny knot
>Poke amie
>choice scarf
>focus sash
>expshare
>waifus

Pretty much all casual shit
>>
>>25055056
>GF is literally the laziest video game company in the world.
Proof? Right. its your bitter sorry ass
>>
>>25055057
>Destiny Knot
Dumb frogposter.
>>
the whole dynamic view camera angle switching. Let me move the camera and view the world myself and stop fiddling with it in one spot and then immediately back to top down birds eye, gamefreak, just make the damn camera level to the character and let people navigate the 3D space
>>
>>25055050
>>25055056

I agree. I agree in fuckin' this. Damn.
>>
>>25055061
Play something other than Pokemon and you'll see
>>
>>25054395
Player customization. It's the most normie feature of them all.
>>
Safari Game. I'm glad it's gone, and I hope it never comes back.
>>
>>25054395
Eviolite
>>
>>25055150
It rather seems you never played any other series and see how some of them are or have become shit
>>
>>25055186
There's a difference between a shit dev and a lazy one

Even the shittest games out there seem to actually try whereas gf just coasts by
>>
Pokemonamie
player dress up
pikachu dress up, anything pikachu gets that's special, really
Audino type bullshit, though shaking grass spots are good
Not sure how I feel about triple and rotation battles. Triple should go, at least rotation adds something a little interesting and isnt just double battle plus
I kind of wish they'd drop mega evolution. Seems like it's fucking things up more than helping, and the designs tend to be ugly. Not sure.
Any end game battle place that isn't the battle frontier. I seriously can't believe theyve gone through two generations of shit when they had a perfect thing going already. Palmer is the fucking bomb.
>>
File: unnamed (1).png (43KB, 300x281px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (1).png
43KB, 300x281px
Get rid of the awful camera angles seen in x and y. Lumiose city was beyond annoying.
>>
>>25055198
>Even the shittest games out there seem to actually try whereas gf just coasts by

You dont even know what you're saying. If anything 6th gen is the innovative when it comes to new mechanics and features

>fairies
>megas
>amie
>super training
>PR videos
>customization
>dexnaving
>PSS
>soaring and mirage spots
>friend safari
>updated scret bases with qr codes

You dont know what lazy mean if you think those were made overnight
>>
>>25054427
This + Megas

No reason for Deddene to become Raichu though, better to just remove the little shit outright
>>
>>25054395
>Mega evolutions
>IVs
>Useless alternative forms like those cosplay Pikachu
I know these won't be removed, but a man can hope.
>>
>>25054395
Sky Battles
Difficulty modes locked under a retarded key system
Standalone Battle Tower
More than one "rival"
Inability to nickname the traded Pokemon
IV system
Pokemon gaining full Exp for participating in battles
High level evolutions (lv. 40 or later)
HM Rock Smash
Priority increasing abilities, especially Prankster
>>
I don't remember the frontier being all that good so I'm on the fence. But the battle maison isnt good enough thats for certain.
>>
>>25055056
This desu

I want more "unique" in game battles that change who you can use or change the mechanics. I hate that inverse/triple/rotation battles are so rare, I hate that horde trainer battles will probably never come back, and I think if they expanded on sky battles and even added underwater battles that it could make for a ton of great in-game experiences.

Don't get rid of sky battles, just make them include more pokemon and don't fuck up the animations that you use as a result. Maybe add more game mechanisms/restrictions, like random speed increases/decreases based on wind direction, stuff like that.
>>
>>25054395
Fog

>DP remakes
>they bring back fog
>>
>>25054427
>Ice not being rebalanced
>I don't want to see [X feature] not in the new games
>I want [X feature] in future games

Don't start that. That's not what the thread's about.
>>
>>25055277
Finally someone here hates Lumoise City! The music is repetitive, grating and those camera angles too.
>>
The broken exp share as long as the game still isn't balanced around it. Just give me BW's system back.
>>
Event exclusive Pokemon
>>
Does the emphasis on single battles count?
I mean fine, keep the game relatively easy if you want, but I would like to see some more variety in the assembly line simulator that is the main game.

I think Pokémon shines through when you're actually incentivized to do even just a little team building. The jump from main game to Super Battle Tower in Gen 6 is more than the 'average' player can take because the main game teaches them fuck all in comparison.
>>
>>25055351
>fairies
>"make it strong to the strong meta game types and weak to the weak ones :-Dddd"
>"what's the distribution?"
>"a few old cutesy Pokemon and a few new cutesy Pokemon DUH"

Pretty much zero effort

>megas

Just an extra evolution. Not a big deal. The designs aren't unique because they're just expansions on what's there and most of them aren't even well thought-out.

>amie

Trash

>super training, soaring

Actually decent but not enough to say GF isn't just coasting. The rest is poorly done lazy shit.

They're probably just in over their heads with the whole 3D thing. Even though it doesn't seem to matter, camera is fixed and indoor areas are still grid-wise for some reason
>>
HM moves needing to be learned. If nothing else, allow the pokemon to use the move in the field without knowing the move if you have the HM.

>>25055057
>team preview

at least it lets me flip the switch on people using cancer

>>25055159
>Shiny Chansey appeared!
>>
>>25055050
How? That doesn't make any fucking sense.
>>
>>25054427
>le raichu dedenne meme
>>
>>25056187
Nobody cares if YOU enjoy it or not. You said they are lazy i proved you wrong, in return you started to say what you think about those additions which doesnt have anything to do with GF laziness but your preferences.

Git gud
Git gud
>>
>>25054395
Exp from catching Pokemon
Forced amourshipping
Safari zone
Removal of dramatically decreased legendary catch-rates
Amie rewards during battle
Buff of Scald

>>25055173
>>25055056

Its like you hate fun.
>>
File: 1407337860415.jpg (391KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1407337860415.jpg
391KB, 1366x768px
>>25055475

Frontier's problem was that it was unfeasible to legitimately breed perfect mons at the time. Now they finally made breeding/EV training accessible but cut the content that would make use of it.

Not to mention all the new mechanics, pokemon, moves etc that they added since then that would give it much more variety.

It's just a huge waste.
>>
>>25054412
What if they made it optional?
>>
>>25056073
Lumiose City was fucking horrible.

It tried to be a successor to Castelia but instead it was just insufferable with awful music and an awful design.

Gen5 was better than Gen6 in every way except that I really like the addition of Fairy, and Gen5 has worse starters.
>>
>>25054662
magnitude doesn't even effect flying pokemon!
>>
>>25056391
Different anon, but their models look really awkward and are constantly hovering, especially Xatu's.
>>
It's good that many of you will never work at GF
>>
>>25057568
Why? GF practically cums at the idea of removing features from future installments.
>>
not only do I like sky battes, but I would like the concept expanded on with water battles and things like that
>>
>>25056405

holy shit, you're a fucking faggot, stop sucking GF dick
>>
Sky battles is probably one of the laziest features game freak has ever come up with. It's nothing new except a different background and restricting what pokemon to use.

There are a number of ways they could've made it more unique. Experimenting with elevation, making certain moves do more damage, incorporating some kind of mini game into it.

Sky battles just reek of last minute idea.
>>
>>25059307
>water battles
This should have been a thing from the very beginning. Especially in gen 3 with Dive.
>>
>>25054991
Am I the only one who thinks that was GF taking a passive aggressive jab at competitive breederfags? They must have done it on purpose.
>>
>>25054395
Footprint Ribbon based on lvl and not on friendship.
>>
File: Riot_Games_logo.png (46KB, 300x233px) Image search: [Google]
Riot_Games_logo.png
46KB, 300x233px
>>25055056
>GF is literally the laziest video game company in the world.

Wrong
>>
>>25056430
>Buff of Scald
I dont think they buffed scald. It was always a Lava Plume clone
>>
>>25056187
Gid gud
>>
>>25054395
>HM's

I propose Gamefreak get rid of Hm's and instead have a system where you use a Pokemon's natural abilities to the job's of HM's.

i.e you need a Pokemon that can swim to surf, a Pokemon that can fly to fly, a Pokemon that can cut to cut, a Pokemon that can climb to climb, etc. etc.

This system would still encourage you to catch different types of Pokemon, bring new interesting obstacles to the game, and it would never have to use up a Pokemon's move spot.
>>
>>25059885
This should honestly be common sense. Too bad gamefreak is anything but that.
>>
>>25056430
Eviolite was a mistake
>>
>>25060373
It's okay, they have mega evolution now.
They can give new forms to pokemon without accidentally allowing making them with eviolite better than the evolution could ever hope to be.
>>
>>25056391
>>25057115
>>25055050
>>25054578
They have grounded animations in amie, sky battles aren't the problem, it's GF being lazy and bothering to just use the grounded animations for ground battles.
>>
>>25055056
forgot to quote this in >>25060609
>>
>>25059354
OOPS someones bitter and angry because he was proven to be wrong

>i cant prove you're wrong so i will sho my maturity by insulting you

git gud kid
>>
>>25054412
I really want following pokemon. All they'd have to do is make it option or make it so you can pass through mons and doing so turns them temporarily invisible. They could take the 3d models from pokemon SMD.
>>
>>25060862
It could just bump them out of the way slightly. I know some games do this but not specifically at the top of my head. When the player walks in their exact spot it gives the npc a light push and the character realigns itself to next available space all while giving the player little to no resistive feedback.
>>
>>25059664
Valve is lazier. At least Riot releases a champ or a rework every month. It takes Valve over 10 months to release a new champ.
>>
>>25060840
To be fair he did exclaim that some of the examples you posted couldve been utilitized more but weren't and he was met with "no youre wrong lol git gud git gud" so you both come off as bitter and angry. That said, all you need to do is look at the rest of the thread to see you are one of the few who don't think gf is lazier than they should be
>>
>>25055277
Lumiose could have been solved by putting camera controls on l and r.
This was something devs figured out on the fucking ps1.
>>
mega evolution
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.