[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Things they should add to the Red, Blue and Yellow VC releases

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: pokemon gen 1.jpg (16KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon gen 1.jpg
16KB, 225x224px
ITT: Things they should add to the Red, Blue and Yellow VC releases

>Extend the pokedex
If you can't fit in that many atleast get the pre-evos and evos of pokemon introduced in Gen 1
>Add the newer types
Get Dark, Steel and Fairy in there. No dark types in Kanto? Well
>Add in Kanto Megas
Self explanatory.
>Add breeding in the daycare
Also explanatory
>Add Wifi functionality
Who actually plays games locally these days?
>Make Mew catchable
And I'm not talking about a glitch, make it a legit post-game thing, hell maybe even go aboard the SS Anne and travel to South America
>Add the Orange Islands
I think everybody would agree that it'd be really cool to add these. Maybe even redo the gym battles so they're like in the anime?
>Add sprites for all pokemon
IE remove the generic sprites that pokemon share on the pkmn meny
>Being able to send RBY Pokemon to Pokébank
Because why not?
>Add shinies
Because shinies are awesome
>>
>>25054037
Is this bait or do you suffer from autism?
>>
>>25054061
Autism probably
He might actually believe they're adding anything more than local wireless and bug fixing.
>>
>>25054037
Nigga, I'll take the bait: it's a commemorative release, if they were to implement some of the things people are saying they should better do a proper remake.

They should properly add Mew, I'll give you that.
>>
>>25054037
>>25054037
Honestly, all they need to do is add in some wifi battles/trades (even make it Friend Code-based so they don't need to code an entire broken GTS), and make it compatible with Bank.

If they allowed me to transfer my mons to the recent games, I'd be so happy.
>>
but the point of the vc is to release old games, not remake the original game into new ones.

the gen 1 games even have pokedexs and campaigns vaguely designed in sync with each other. The amount of design work involved in remaking the whole game so that it'd function cohesively with that many new creatures instead of feeling like a bad romhack.

normally i'd just post some shitty comment about this being low-quality bait but there's enough actual diagnosed autism in fanbases like pokemon that i could totally imagine somebody literally not understanding the point of the VC or how subsequent additions to the universe could be irrelevant to the rerelease of a previous game.

If we get DankRed and MemeBlue as real remakes, maybe you'll get stuff like that. Don't worry, I'm sure that there's a good chance genwunner pandering will reach those heights before Gamefreak/TPC's determination to reclaim lapsed customers breaks and it finds a new path to expanding its audience

srsly though, if you're being serious this is the second-worst idea posted on /vp/ right behind that thread up right now about importing digimon's nonsense evolution trees to the pokemon franchise.
>>
>>25054037
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
>>
>>25054110
Oh, I'll add one thing though: yeah it'd be great if there were a real way to catch mew, not just a code that might not even be distributed outside japan. Event pokemon magically materializing always pisses me off.
>>
>>25054112
>tfw we'll never get Hall of Origin and Faraway Island events ever again
>>
>>25054037
>Being able to send RBY Pokemon to Pokébank
>Because why not?
For the exact same reasons you couldn't transfer Pokemon from gen 1/2 to 3.

I know this is bait but this release is just an obvious cash grab, you think they're gonna put any effort into that shit? Of course not.
>>
>>25054112
>yeah it'd be great if there were a real way to catch mew,
But you already can anon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPAMZ5W0nts&t=37m01s
>>
>>25054186
>For the exact same reasons you couldn't transfer Pokemon from gen 1/2 to 3.
A lack of compatible Link Cable hardware and the inability for a GBA to run the conversions needed were the only reason it never happened, and nowadays Gen 1 and 6 are both on the same hardware, so the Link Cable discussion is moot, and the conversions can be done server-side, just like the Gen 5-6 base stat changes were. Arguments from 15 years ago don't hold any water today.
>>
>>25054456
Forgot to add: Bank was designed to be compatible across generations. Converting old gen mons to the new gen is the entire point of it existing in the first place.
>>
>>25054456
You seem to be confusing the VC re-releases with modern day Pokemon games.
You also seem to be confusing Game Freak with a company that cares about their userbase enough to implement such a feature.
There's also the face of the matter that these Pokemons IVs and EVs would likely be fucked up in the transition from Gen 1 to Gen 6 considering how different the data is. Assuming their data would cause fuck up-ery in all the Pokemon's other aspects.
Gen 1 and Gen 6 are two very different games. You wouldn't be able to easily make them compatible without completely rebuilding one or the other. And considering this is a simple re-release with bug fixes and local wireless, Bank compatibility chances are low as shit, assuming the idea would even be considered.
>>
>>25054478
fact of the matter*
very different gens*
God I just cannot into proofreading, but that's what happens when you've just worked the night shift I suppose
>>
>>25054037
Extending the Pokedex? That's be an 8 bit remake, not a vc release.
>>
>>25054065
>>25054097
>>25054110
I say they should remake them, since the last time we had a game focusing on Kanto was 10 years ago. I wish they would do that and just sell these as a bundle with the new games.
>>
they should add nothing because they're fucking vc releases. If you want newer game features play a newer game.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.