[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What "new" types do you think would be acceptable/would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 30

File: types.png (8KB, 385x117px) Image search: [Google]
types.png
8KB, 385x117px
What "new" types do you think would be acceptable/would like to see?
>>
The only good one there is maybe light. Maybe.
>>
>>25053322
I dunno I saw a pretty good discussion on /vp/ that convinced me that sound was pretty viable.
>>
Almighty
>>
>>25053322
Light exists under a different name and certain light themes are split across existing types.
>>
>>25053332
Sound does have a fair amount of moves and at least some pokemon that would become sound type.

I think pretty much every other type is either something that's "already covered" by other types, or would just have to have new pokemon made for it.
>>
>>25053312
Team Sound here!

My second best is Cosmic.
>>
Maybe if sound becomes a thing we'll finally get a dolphin pokemon.
>>
none. All of them I've heard sound retarded.
>>
>>25053312
>Blood type
I smell Carlos
>>
>>25053358
Yeah I was thinking about Cosmic as well but I am not sure if its to close to psychic or not.
>>
Only other type I could see "work" is Sound.

Every other one has its niche fufilled by am already existing type or is stupid.
>>
File: 4252452424.png (8KB, 385x117px) Image search: [Google]
4252452424.png
8KB, 385x117px
>>25053312
>>
Hair type
>>
File: 1450417802754.jpg (47KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1450417802754.jpg
47KB, 640x480px
>Divine

Interesting, I want to discuss about this type, specifically

>Which pokemon will have this type
>Moves
>Weaknesses
>SE to
>>
>>25053347
the same was true of fairy

I wouldn't mind seeing ampharos, starmie, volbeat, lanturn, luxray and heliolisk becoming light type
>>
>>25053312
Add sound
Subtract dragon, fairy, and bug (my type is a type of creature!)
Condense rock steel and ground into earth type.
Condense ice and water.
Condense ghost psychic and dark.

I think it'd be a much better idea if things like ice and steal were just treated like abilities and specified in moves (this move is super effective against grass!)
>>
>>25053312
The problem I have with most of these new types is that they can usually fit into existing types already and if they were to change these types, it would vastly eliminate the amount of pokemon of certain types and there would be less new pokemon of that type.

Fairy already has gotten rid of the 'cutesy' normal types, as well as some psychic types. So anything that could remotely effect normal types would end up making normal type pretty much useless. That is why sound type in particular is a dumb idea to me, any pokemon that relates to sound could easily fit into normal or psychic type.

The ONLY type I could see really working would be a 'cyber' type. Not 'robot' or 'machine' type because that kind of type would mean there would virtually be no more new steel type pokemon and would get rid of quite a few already existing steel pokemon. They're not quite electric and not quite steel, they're 'digital' and there may be room for it.
>>
>>25053402
>Luxray
>Light in anyway

If anything it should electric/dark, rather than light (which in japan = means good, just like how all dark types are = evil)
>>
>>25053397
>Divine
Weak to none
Strong against all

>Somethingelse
Weak to all
Strong against none

>Somethingelse
Weak to all
Strong against all

>Somethingelse
Weak to none
Strong against none
>>
>>25053404

So you try to simplify by combining types, then overcomplicated by giving moves individual type effectiveness that people have to remember. Nice.
>>
>>25053397
>Divine-type Pokemon
Weak to Fairy, Dragon, and Normal.
Resist Ghost, Fire, Water, Flying, Ground
Immune to Dark

>Divine-type moves
SE against Dark, Fire, Water, Flying, Ground
NVE against Fairy, Dragon
Useless against Normal
>>
>>25053397
I imagine Divine is suppose to be non-ghost afterlife pokemon or pokemon based off of religious material. Like angels and gods.
>>
>>25053402
Fairy is the light type I'm talking about in the first part of the post. Electric has the literal light covered.
>>
>>25053452
Anything that would fit into a nonliteral light type would fit into normal, fairy, or psychic.
>>
>>25053312
Cyber, Cosmic, Nuclear, and Sound

Sound
Strong Against: Ground, Rock, Steel, Water
Weak Against: Rock, Water
Resists: Ground, Rock

Nuclear
True "Neutral Match-Ups"
(Nuclear Meltdowns and result half life complete destroys surrounding area and would have too many strengths/weaknesses/resists)

Cosmic (inc. Bloodborne influence)
Strong Against: Ghost, Fairy, Normal, Water
Weak Against: Dark, Fire, Electric
Resists: Psychic, Rock
Immune: Fighting, Normal

Cyber
Strong Against: Electric, Steel
Weak Against: Bug, Electric, Fighting
Resists: Steel, Poison
>>
>>25053397
Divine had better be like Almighty from SMT, with nothing to resist it or to be weak to it, but also no weaknesses or resistances itself. Like Normal type, but better and with less distribution. So timeless, like Struggle.
>>
>>25053477

>Strong against rock
>Weak against rock
>Resists rock

were you dropped?
>>
>>25053312
Plastic
:^)
>>
>>25053430
>something based on x rays should be the evil type instead of a type based on EM waves (which include x rays)

what fucking planet are you from?
>>
>>25053487
yes actually
>>
Need a feces type so we have somewhere to stick all of the shitmon.
>>
>>25053436
I wasn't trying to simplify or complicate. That wasn't the purpose. The purpose was to rejoin things that shouldn't be split.
Just some types are pretty much the same thing, and some types shouldn't even be types.

Ground and rock are the same thing, and although steel is mildly different, it's pretty much just a different type of rock.
Psychic dark and ghost are all paranormal stuff.
Water and ice are the same, just one is cold.
Bug dragon and fairy are like saying 'mammal' 'beast' and 'elf'. So they're retarded.
Sound is the only type that isn't included that makes sense to me (so many moves are already sound based).
The argument against that is usually (should sight be a type too?) but making something visible either means creating an object or making an illusion, which would just make the power correlate to whatever the element of the object is, or be paranormal type if it's an illusion.
>>
>>25053477
>Sound or Echo type
Strong Against: "Ice", Water, Rock
Weak Against: Ghost, Electric
Resist: Water
Grass and Bug resist Sound
Ghost is inmmune to Sound

Hate me >:^)
>>
File: content[1].jpg (20KB, 348x311px) Image search: [Google]
content[1].jpg
20KB, 348x311px
>>25053522
>>
>>25053610
Bad comparison
4 types can't cover everything.
There's nothing to indicate paranormal, electric, or fighting type there.
10-11 types can cover all powers relevant to the nature of our world.
>>
File: 1427188748345.jpg (16KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1427188748345.jpg
16KB, 251x242px
>>25053312
>paint thnnr
>>
>>25053628
1. Physical
2. Water
3. Fire
4. Air
5. Earth
6. Thunder
7. Magic
8. Dark / Ghost / Spooky
9. Dragon

did it in 9, 8 if you combine fire and lightning into plasma or energy
checkmate atheists
>>
Ethereal - a counterpart to ghost, it would be immune to fighting and normal, super vs ghost, resist dragon, weak to flying. Other matchups would need to be sorted out obviously.

It would be similar to ghosts, but would be more mistlike, and feature less shadows and more light themes.

>why is this different to ghosts
It allows more variety for origins - ghost is usually a dead or sinister something, while Ethereal could be a fog bank or cloud theme (water/ethereal), or smoke (fire or poison) or even something as simple as shadows (dark.)
>>
>>25053644
magic goes with dark/ghost/spooky.
In all honesty I don't have enough understanding of plasma to know it's relation to electricity and fire, but they seem to react differently in the world.
Dragon should not be a type.
Why is thunder a type?
>>
File: tumblr_m6m9whF7UF1rs72gk[1].png (239KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m6m9whF7UF1rs72gk[1].png
239KB, 500x374px
>>25053628
Do you bend, anon?
>>
>>25053673
>fire and electric seem to be different
>electric shouldn't be a separate type

make up your mind

dragon is a type because how else am i going to categorize giratina, latios, kyurem and all the other miscellaneous and uncohesive dragon-types
>>
File: latest[1].png (85KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
85KB, 333x250px
>>25053628
Do you spirit world, anon?
>>
File: 133934413183[1].png (505KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
133934413183[1].png
505KB, 720x480px
>>25053628
Do you Ty-lee, Anon?

Because I do
>>
>>25053430
>light (which in japan = means good
What fucking convoluted retard logic lead you to that conclusion?

The Japanese name is あくタイプ, Aku Type. Aku as in 悪, literally the kanji for "evil" or "wickedness." It's the paranoid coddling of American marketing that decided "evil" in a kids' franchise was too risque and substituted "dark."
>>
>>25053844
I'm sure marketers had a hand in the name but Evil type doesn't sound quite right in English and it was was probably a flavor thing for the most part.
>>
>>25053312
None of them.
>>
File: trash.gif (979KB, 580x433px) Image search: [Google]
trash.gif
979KB, 580x433px
>>25053446
>Weak to Fairy
NVE against Fairy
>>
It's fine already with nine "physical", nine "special"

Any more would upset me
>>
>>25053358
So, cosmic/fairy for clafairy? And Lunatone and solrock will lose psychic type?
>>
>>25053312
most of those types are covered by other types: see >>25053382

however, I would love for Cyber/Virtual to be real. Porygon's line gets retconned and a bunch of new pokemon get discovered/created. A cyber/dark computer virus, a electric/cyber pikaclone computer mouse, a steel/cyber robotic 'mon.
>>
>>25054301
If we absolutely *had* to add a new type, I'd prefer there to be two more, since we just got an even number of types for the first time and it'd be nice to keep that balance.

That said, Digital/Data/Cyber/Virtual type, I don't care which, would work well. Porygon is obvious, but if it was called Data type then perhaps a couple of mons like the Klink family could be worked in, or even better Rotom becoming Data/Ghost and Data/Whatever in his other forms.

The other I could stomach would be Sound, considering we already have a sub-category of sound-based moves, and several pokemon (Noivern, Exploud, Chatot, Jigglypuff, etc.) that could be switched around to Sound type to give them stab with the newly sound-typed moves.

Toss in a handful of new pokemon of each type and they'd have a pretty solid update while changing things even more drastically than just one new type did.
>>
>>25053322
Light type runs into the same problem that Sound would, it requires gutting too many attacks to really make sense. Bug loses a good special attack, and steel loses its only special attacks.
>>
>>25054364
>Bug loses a good special attack
Fire Punch and Fire Kick aren't Fighting type, right? Nor are Mega Punch/Kick.

I see where your concern comes from but remember how Pokemon treats types, that being, "loosely".
Sliver Wind and Megahorn could be seen as Bug-element Gust and Horn Attack, respectively.

The only moves that would be retconned into Sound would be all the Normal typed ones, like Howl, Round, and Boomburst.
As for "muh Pixelate+Hyper Voice", just give those who use that an identical Normal move called "Hyper Burst" or something. Problem solved.
>>
File: TypeChart.jpg (88KB, 768x340px) Image search: [Google]
TypeChart.jpg
88KB, 768x340px
>>25053686
>thunder = lightning
No.
And I was confused because you said that lighting and fire should be combined AFTER including thunder.
The confusion was caused by you.

Anyways, I made a chart with what I think is better typing. If a type has a net loss, I gave it special attributes (higher than average hp for example) and if it had a net gain, I gave it handicaps (lower than average speed, etc.)
I think that naturally some types would just naturally be weaker, so this is a more honest approach than pokemon's attempt to balance the game.
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 680x533px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 680x533px
>>25053628
Stop being an equalist scum
>>
>>25054849
elaborate.
>>
>>25054850
>Water
Water
Ice
Grass (plantbending)
Bug (bloodbending)
Dark (bloodbending)
>Earth
Rock
Ground
Steel
Normal (EK has highest nonbender ratio)
Poison (venom of the red lotus)
>Fire
Fire
Electric
Dragon (Sun Warrior tribes, dragon dance)
Fighting (fire is most offensively oriented)
>Air
Flying
Psychic (spirituality)
Fairy (spirituality)
Ghost (spirituality)
>>
File: wind type.png (173KB, 800x1230px) Image search: [Google]
wind type.png
173KB, 800x1230px
>>
crogre
>>
>>25054870
that's more of a last airbender thing I'm guessing.
>>
pokemaniac was a glitched pokémon type

Source: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_glitch_types#Pok.C3.A9maniac-type
>>
>>25053312
A lot of these are already covered by other types, like "vine" and "acid".
>>
The wood type
>>
>>25054882

i like how it fixes tornadus within the trio. it being flying as its elemental type already makes it odd with how types are currently shown in the UI, since flying isnt in the secondary type slot like the other two

still a shitmon tho
>>
>>25054882
Basically flying. That's pretty dumb.
>>
File: 10_Legendary_Warriors.png (396KB, 621x439px) Image search: [Google]
10_Legendary_Warriors.png
396KB, 621x439px
>>25053628
I feel like this is one step away from
>>
>>25053404
Many pokemon would become useless with those changes...
>>
>>25054890
I unironically want the ??? type to come back, but I dont know how to implement it.
Would it have type matchups?
Would any pokemon have it as a type?
Would it have a gimmick like doubling the type matchups of the second typing of a pokemon? (.e.g. a ???/Fire pokemon double resists fairy but is 4x weak to Water)
What would pokemon with this type even look like?
What theme would the moves all share?
Maybe its a special type you can only acquire via some Mega Evolution-style mechanic?
>>
>>25054989
It's more of a design choice that would have had to have been in mind from the beginning.
Pokémon has already solidified it's typing to stringently, and based too many Pokémon on dragons and bugs.
They'll never subtract a type. But if pokemon lasts another 30+ years, they'll probably add at least 2-3 more types just to keep people's interests.
>>
Gas Type

>Pokemon
Gastly, Haunter, Gengar
>Ghost/Gas
Koffing, Weezing
>Poison/Gas
Castform
>Gas
Drifloon, Drifblim
>Ghost/Gas
Munna, Musharna
>Psychic/Gas

>moves
Poison Gas
Smog
Smokescreen
Belch

SE vs Fairy, Fighting, Grass, Steel
NVE vs Flying, Fire
NE vs Ground, Rock

Resists Fairy, Poison, Grass
Weak to Flying, Fire, Electric, Ice
Immune to Normal, Fighting, Ground, Rock

I would only like to see Gas type pokemon because Flying and Levitate are just thrown in to pokemon they don't fit. If you float or fly because you are really light then you are probably just contain something lighter than air like gas.

How did I do?
>>
Sound type makes sense. Would like to see it.
Cosmic type has potential, but I guess it's too close to Psychic and Fairy.
Maybe Data/Cyber type exclusive for Porygon line, since they always looked really weird as just Normal. They are as far from Normal as you can get.
>>
>>25055349
But normal is also the "uncategorizable" or "versatile" type. Hence Dunsparce, Smeargle, Kecleon, Regigigas and Arceus
>>
File: 1434284418612.png (603KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
1434284418612.png
603KB, 630x630px
I once had the type "Beast" come up in my dream, but I've no clue how it would work nor why would that be needed.
>>
File: Monsters.png (303KB, 1985x2061px) Image search: [Google]
Monsters.png
303KB, 1985x2061px
>>
bird
>>
>>25055406
Normal could be Beast, while pokemon that are Normal typed but not animalistic get retyped
e.g.
>Regigigas = Fighting (now it truly rules over the Regis)
>Jigglypuff = Fairy or Fairy/Flying (since it is an air balloon, and it would also allow it to get some decent Flying moves)
>Castform = Flying (its more cloud than even Tornadus, not to mention it levitates. Flying is also the closest thing to a "sky/air" type, which suits its weather theme)
>>
No more. Not even Sound or Light.
>>
>>25053322
light as in the phenomena is sort of covered by electric.
light as in good is already covered by fighting

>>25053312
>Nuclear
has potential, but I doubt they will cover it.

>light
already covered

>machine
we already have steel

>sound
common suggestion, not bad.

>blood
fuck no

>cyber
like porygon? It would be risky to make into a full type since the people GF wants to cater think pokemon should only be animals, but if done right maybe.

>Magma
Nah

>Cosmic
I'm not sure

>Paint
>thinner
wut

>dream
nah, that's sort of psychic

>mist
we already have water. Then again, water and Ice are separate types already.

>nature
too abarcative

>sand
variation of rock

>lunar
too safe

>storm
already covered by flying, ice and water

>shadow
too edgy, we already have dark and ghost

>chrome
we already have steel

>candy
I'd think it would be better if it were something that allows for all food, not only candy, but I cant think of any attack

>snow
see mist

>vine
already covered by Grass

>time
nah

>divine
That would ruin legendaries

>Air
Flying is used like that already

>solar
Fire

>Acid
Poison
>>
>>25055426
>Pokemon
>Pocket Monsters

combining them in one word was a mistake, they didnt anticipate to the fanbase's idiocy
>>
File: 1435116061605.jpg (6KB, 168x148px) Image search: [Google]
1435116061605.jpg
6KB, 168x148px
>>25056013
Well I don't know what else you would call it. Kaiju is too specific and beast feels too much like it relates to mammals
>>
>>25056052
I wouldnt make another type for monsters to separate them from other monsters. Either kaiju or beast are better already.
>>
>>25056013
>Pokemon is a game where you have Pokemon fight eachother
>Fighting Type
>>
Yep, would really like to see sound, they'd already have a good base of potential pokemon, moves, and even abilities surrounding sound.

Only problem I would have is coming up with weaknesses/resistances/etc. Definitely super effective to water, grass resists it, I don't know how bugs hear compared to people/animals but hopefully bug would resist it. Other than that it would probably be all ass pulled.
>>
File: 1440067874878.jpg (8KB, 200x279px) Image search: [Google]
1440067874878.jpg
8KB, 200x279px
>>25053312
Not gonna lie, a Nuclear type sounds pretty damn metal.
>>
>Japanese franchise
>nuclear type
kek
>>
>>25053312
I didn't read any of this thread I just came to say that anyone asking for Sound type is a fag.
>>
>>25056292

>A type that already exists but is just currently classified as normal is a bad idea
>>
>>25056153
You know fighting is one of the more questioned types do you?
And fighting type are based around martial arts, not the mere idea of brawling.
>>
>>25053312
>Nuclear type

SE:
Ground, Water, Flying, Plant
NVE:
None

Weak to:
Fire, Steel, Fairy, Rock
>>
>>25053312
The problem with sound type is that although plenty of moves and a few pokemon could be retyped into a sound type, there just isn't a whole of potential for more pokemon based off of it.
>>
>>25054882
How would you get special flying-type moves if you separated wind?
>>
>>25057855
Fighting as a type has more uniformity than Ground.

A lot of them are burrowers, but what makes Marowak, Donphan, Gligar, Nidoqueen, Numel and Mamoswine ground?
>>
Rubber Type
retcon Garbodor into rubber type
Pokemon have high Defense and high Speed, decent Special Defense, but low Attack and Special Attack in general

defensively, weak against Fire and Grass (rubber melts, rubber comes from trees)
defensively Strong against Fairy, electric, and fighting(erasers are a choking hazard, it would absorb fighting type strikes
offensively Strong to fairy and electric(it absorbs the blows)
Offensively weak to Fire, Grass, and Steel
>>
>>25057876
>bones
>elephents can't jump
> you got me
>you got me
>numel is like a tiny volcano and a camel
>mamoswine are really old, all old pokemon had rock type put mamoswine wasn't quite as old
>>
>>25057826
Jigglipuff line: Sound/Fairy
Politoed: Water/Sound
Explaud line: pure Sound
Kricketune line: Bug/Sound
Chatot: Sound/Flying
Audino: Normal/Sound or pure Sound (with Sound/Fairy mega)
Meloetta: Sound/Psychic and Sound/Fighting
Noivern line: Sound/Dragon

Some new ideas:
Water/Sound dolphin
Ghost/Sound banshee
Dark/Sound rapper
some pokemons based on musical instruments (I've seen a few decent fakemons with this theme)
living notes (analogue of Unowns, seven different forms)
>>
>>25055988
This.
>>
>2016
>still no hair type
>>
>>25055426
I actually don't hate this for some reason.
Disagree with Granbul though
>>
>>25053404
>psychic, dark and ghost one type
Yeah because stealing is the same thing as teleporting or hexing
>>
>>25059747
>normal and dark separate types
Yeah, because biting and tackling are totally different things.
>>
>>25059770
>dark is only biting moves
>>
>>25053322
>>25053347
Fairy already covers what little of light could offer that steel and electric doesn't.

The only types that are worth introducing without having to justify it with a whole fuck ton of new mons and moves is sound and maybe cosmic/space.
>>
>>25053312
Separate Ground into Ground and Earth. Let some Ground-type moves be retconned into Earth-type.

Earth-type hits Flying-types, but it's not very effective.

Also, Light- and Sound-types.
>>
>>25053430
>>25053506
>>25053844
>>25053908
Luxray should be Light/Dark.
>>
Tech (Porygon, Magnemite, and Klink lines would be retconned to Tech-type)
Light
Maybe merge Psychic and Fairy into Magic-type
>>
>>25053434
>>Divine
>Weak to none
>Strong against all
>>Somethingelse
>Weak to all
>Strong against none
>>Somethingelse
>Weak to all
>Strong against all
>>Somethingelse
>Weak to none
>Strong against none
These are mutually exclusive.
>>
>>25060020
Hello, highschool Kingdom Hearts playing nu metal listening edgelord.
>>
>>25055426
>nerfing Grass even more

Just stop.
>>
>>25053322
>nerfing dark more

no, unless it's weak against dark
>>
>>25055426
This could work, though under another name like Beast or whatever.
>>
>>25057942
>>mamoswine are really old, all old pokemon had rock type put mamoswine wasn't quite as old
why did this make me laugh
>>
>>25055426
>what type is your pocket monster?
>monster type
>oh

Also why the hell does it resist grass?
>>
newtype type
>>
Did it ever occur to anyone that Fairy effectively = Light?
>>
what about bacteria type?
>>
Cyber is a cool idea, porygon shouldn't be normal type. Maybe a diamond type, cosmic would make sense as well.
>>
>>25053434
You forget

>weak to all but itself, neutral to itself
>strong against all but itself, neutral to self

>weak to itself, strong against everything else
>strong to itself, weak against everything else
>>
>>25060497
going by dragon, big monsters just seem like they would resist the natural elements
>>
there should be a bird type
>>
>>25053960
Clefable line: Cosmic/Fairy
Starmie line: Water/Cosmic
Lunatone/Solrock: Rock/Cosmic (But what to do about Tate & Liza?)
Deoxys: Cosmic
Jirachi: Steel/Cosmic
Beheeyem line: Cosmic

Other potential targets would be Wigglytuff and Ursaring. The big concern here is that Cosmic steps on Psychic's toes a little too much.
>>
File: 1395448053001.jpg (61KB, 773x595px) Image search: [Google]
1395448053001.jpg
61KB, 773x595px
Light-type
Super effective against Ghost (shadows), Water (purely for balance), Fairy
Not very effective against Ice and Rock (refracts light)
Does not affect Grass (photosynthesis)

Resists Ghost, Fairy and Light
Weak to Bug (bugs are attracted to light), Grass and Electric (something about waves and particles i don't remember from high school physics). Excluded Fire-types with flames because that's a cop out option

Retyped moves: Moonblast, Aurora Beam, Signal Beam, Solarbeam, Psybeam, Wish, Light Screen, Reflect, Flash, Tail Glow, Mist Ball, Luster Purge, Mirror Shot, etc

Retyped mons:
Chinchou (Water/Light), Mareep (Pure Light), Starmie (Water/Light), Volbeat (Bug/Light), Luxray (Electric/Light), Heliolisk (Light/Electric)

>but muh psychic-type
Psychic moves remain based on telepathy, telekinesis. Move/Pokemon based on illusions or invisibility can go either way
>But muh fighting-types
Still based on martial arts and chi moves, completely unaffected
>but muh fairies
They remain a clusterfuck. If they don't naturally produce light then they don't count as Light-types. Only possible exception would be Diancie who I could see going either way
>but muh retyped moves
Replace retyped moves with other moves based on their types, problem solved. Buff Leaf Tornado, Silver Wind, etc if you need to

Only retyped a small fraction of mons and moves on the assumption that the rest would be brand new. I may have missed good candidates.
>>
B I S O N T Y P E W H E N ?
>>
>>25053312
Sound and Cosmic at a stretch, beyond that the amount and diversity of types is fine for the kind of things Pokemon covers, we just need a rebalancing of the type chart.
>>
>>25060640
Forgot to add that you can make Psychic resist Light for all sorts of reasons (e.g. psychics don't need sight to see, illusions don't work, etc)
>>
File: ckt_2e11_dolphin[1].jpg (87KB, 530x181px) Image search: [Google]
ckt_2e11_dolphin[1].jpg
87KB, 530x181px
>>25058022
>Water/Sound dolphin

Nice
>>
>>25060640
>Mareep (pure light)
fucking why, it's a sheep with whool. Static and electricity is in the pokemon's concept. Light has nothing to do with them.
>>
>>25058022
>Dark/Sound rapper

>mfw when I could actually see this happening

I mean there's already a luchador and a mariachi pokemon..
>>
>>25058022
>>25060962
Hell, there could be an entire Legendary Sound-type group based on a band.
>Fairy/Sound lead singer
>Dark/Sound guitarist
>Fighting/Sound bassist
>Steel/Sound drummer
>>
>>25055426
Mean Look?
>>
>>25060967
That's pretty good. Pretty sure they thought of this a long time ago and are just waiting for the right time to use it.
>>
File: Jealous_Bass.png (2KB, 98x144px) Image search: [Google]
Jealous_Bass.png
2KB, 98x144px
>>25060967
>Fighting/Sound bassist
>>
File: Neat.jpg (18KB, 230x200px) Image search: [Google]
Neat.jpg
18KB, 230x200px
>>25053477
>Cyber
>weak against Bug

I'm glad I'm not the only person who thought of this.
>>
>ampharos literally has lighthouse in its name
>>
>>25055426
Call it Beast Type instead
>>
>>25060962
>mfw when
>>
>>25060651
Not before Hair type
>>
Paint and Thinner are best types
>>
Waifu type
>>
File: 5MsGSra.png (255KB, 625x924px) Image search: [Google]
5MsGSra.png
255KB, 625x924px
>>25053312
some of these have already been mentioned, like Wind, Earth, and Beast
really pokemon's types cover a really broad range, it's hard to realistically justify too many more without getting terribly specific
>>
>>25062571
>these types
>>
>>25060035
"Strong" and "weak" arent used as opposites in here, they are used in the same way pokemon does. "strong" means "super effective against" and "weak" means "not very effective against" which arent always the case.

For example, Water is weak to Dragon but Dragon is not strong against water.
>>
>>25053312
Air and Sound are the only good ones in here that could have more than a few pokemon. Everything else can go into the already offered types.
>>
I always felt like Psychic should be perhaps divided. I think there is some difference between mystical pokemon, whose power is more like magic (like Xatu, Sigilyph, Claydol, Bronzong, Unown, Braixen etc.) and mind-manipulators whose power is actually psychic/brain-related (like Hypno, Beeheyem, Musharna, Malamar etc.). But then again there are some pokemon who unites both aspects (Alakazam, Gardevoir) so this probably wouldn't work.
>>
>>25053312
All legends should have divine typing as a sub type
>>
File: confirmed.png (106KB, 1078x1058px) Image search: [Google]
confirmed.png
106KB, 1078x1058px
>>
>>25063190
>sacred
>no weaknesses
>>
>>25063190
Sacred should have no SE offenses as well as no SE defenses. Only resists and things that resist it.
>>
>>25063190
>not making deoxys and cresselia mono cosmic
>>
>>25063212
Sounds like a good idea actually.

>>25063334
Deoxys' signature move is Psycho Boost, there is no way you can change it into Cosmic type, so it has to remain partially Psychic.
Cresselia would look good as pure Cosmic, and her signature move Lunar Dance is easily changed into Cosmic. But lore-wise she is linked with people's dreams, so Psychic type makes sense.
>>
>>25063378
They introduce new sig moves all the time though
>>
File: 1433293902134.png (949KB, 1240x874px) Image search: [Google]
1433293902134.png
949KB, 1240x874px
>>25053312
>this entire thread
>>
>>25063542
Polycephaly sounds more like a broken Abillity than a type.
>The Pokémon can faint twice before being unable to battle.
>>
>>25053312
Fungi.
>>
>>25063542
So fucking retarded
>>
>>25053397

Divine
NVE vs Steel
See Iron Chariots and metals in general in mythology.

Weak to fighting- heroes fighting/defeating the divine, examples being Jacob outwrestling the divine, along with other mortals.

Fairy is weird, since it can go either way- fae creatures often being chased of by a cross, or being powerful seid users who are very threatening to gods.
>>
>>25065856
>Fairy is weird, since it can go either way- fae creatures often being chased of by a cross, or being powerful seid users who are very threatening to gods.
That means it's both weak against and strong against Fairies.
>>
>>25063542
what would taste and polycephaly be strong/weak to?
>>
we need less types, not more. Make like the TCG and have Water/Ice be one and the same, Psychic/Poison/Ghost be one, Ground/Rock/Fighting be one, Normal/Flying be one, Bug/Grass be one.
Once down to a reasonable amount, it becomes much easier to balance the type chart from the fucked up lobsided seesaw that it is right now.
>>
File: gummmm.png (41KB, 1048x594px) Image search: [Google]
gummmm.png
41KB, 1048x594px
>>25053312
>>
What about rubber type?

Resist fighting and grass, is weak to fire and steel, immune to eletric...
>>
>>25053312
normal could get split up

Beast type
>Resists
Fairy
>weak to
Fighting
Poison
>Immune to
ghost
>SE vs
bug
fairy
>resisted by
Ice
Rock
>no effect on
ghost

Synthetic type (cyber, plastics, ect)
>can't be poisoned
>weak to
ice
psychic
>immune to
ghost
>resisted by
Ice
Rock

anomaly or unknown type
>a type reserved for things such as Ditto, castform, and meloetta, this type has no strengths or weaknesss that can be identified simply a classification for pokemon who don't fit into other types
>>
>>25066247
>anomaly or unknown type
should also never be able to trade abilities as all the pokemon in it are dependent on there own ability
>>
File: SOUNDTYPE.jpg (430KB, 888x800px) Image search: [Google]
SOUNDTYPE.jpg
430KB, 888x800px
I think Sound type has a lot to work with when it comes to retrofitting existing mons with it.
>>
Human-type for mons like Mr. Mime and Jynx
>>
We should have these regular types:

Normal
Fighting
Poison
Bug
Steel
Fire
Water
Ice
Grass
Electric
Psychic
Fairy
Dragon

then these remastered types with different effectiveness charts:

Earth (Ground + Rock)
Dark (Dark + Ghost)
Wind (instead of Flying)

then these added types:

Sound

Other changes:
>certain moves like Earthquake and Magnitude don't effect pokemon that fly/levitate (they can make a list, there's only a few extra non-Sky-Battle eligible ones like Venomoth and Magneton)
>>
>>25053312
they all suck and are basically one of the existing types like storrm and air... how dumb
>>
>>25053397
Divine could be a cool "God Card" like typing, reserved for the most powerful legendaries.

>normal effectiveness against everything
>no weaknesses
>gets STAB on every type
>>
Hey, this guy >>25063190 here, I came up with a few Sacred type moves, should I post them here or just make a new thread for new moves/abilities in general?
>>
>>25053367
Underrated post
>>
>>25053506
X-rays cause cancer and infertility. Selfish catfuck douses everything nearby with'em for stalking, hunting, and paranoia
>>
File: op is a retard.png (19KB, 841x329px) Image search: [Google]
op is a retard.png
19KB, 841x329px
>>25053312
OP is a fag
>>
File: image.png (152KB, 300x268px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
152KB, 300x268px
>>25060611
>Tate&Lisa
>>
>>25065965
>what is humor

All of these get more ridiculous as you read left to right, all of which are aesthetic over tactic. Bar Sound.

Excluding sound is a reflection of personal bias. I'd argue that echolocation and sonoluminescent blasts are natural and sorta formidable as far as hunting tactics go. Light contrasts this by being almost exclusively for mating, escape or blinding
>>
i would like delta and shadow types to be integrated in the game and add sound type to the game
>>
>>25053312
light
walking
swimming
life
sky
vapor
>>
File: YehaTSc.png (422KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
YehaTSc.png
422KB, 640x480px
>>25062571
>reason type
>>
>>25062571
this is literally the existing type chart but with all the types renamed
>>
>>25053397

Sylveon, because Sylphs are angels.
>>
>>25053434

Divine - Weak AND SE against Dark (polar opposites, and to show that good can't exist without evil and vice versa), weak AND SE against Dragon (Saint George and the Dragon. 'Nuff said.), NVE and resists Psychic and Fighting (since both are on the side of good, and thus allies)
>>
>>25068695
>thinking that was a genuine response
>criticizing someone else' grasp of humor

leave
>>
>>25053312
>Great Tier
Light

>Good Tier
Nuclear
Air (Should replace flying desu)
Cyber
Time
Sound

>Meh Tier
Cosmic
Acid
Blood

>Shit Tier
Lunar
Solar
Divine
Nature

>Don't We Already Have This? Tier
Machine (Steel)
Magma (Fire)
Mist (Water)
Sand (Rock and ground aren't enough?)
Storm (Water+Electric)
Shadow (Dark)
Chrome (Steel)
Candy (Fairy)
Vine (Grass)
Snow (ICE WHAT THE FUCK IS THR DIFFERENCE?)
Thread posts: 182
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.