[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Hidden ability legendary birbs are gonna be released soon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: hidden ability legendary birbs.png (201KB, 1029x219px) Image search: [Google]
hidden ability legendary birbs.png
201KB, 1029x219px
>Hidden ability legendary birbs are gonna be released soon
Are they any good? Apart from Snow Cloak on Articuno which is obviously shit. But Flame Body Moltres and Static Zapdos, do they have any use at all?
also
>5 rare candies are more valuable than a rare articuno
even game freak knows it's shit and they're not hiding it lol
>>
Zapdos is pretty alright even with a shitty ability like Pressure. Static is a straight upgrade.
>>
>>25050650
Does Static even help? Pressure is better to make the opponent waste those Stone Edges, imo.
>>
>>25050665
Zapdos switches into fighting attacks pretty often.
>>
>>25050694
But what is more useful, to have a small chance of paralyzing the opponent on that switch, or to make the opponent waste its coverage moves more quickly? Zapdos can already run Discharge anyway.
>>
>>25050650
>they replaced Lightning Rod with a shitty ability
Fucking why?
>Game Freak
>>
>>25050723

Yeah, I can understand stuff like replacing Chandelure's Shadow Tag with Infiltrator, and Scolipede's Quick Feet with Speed Boost, but taking Lightning Rod away from Zapdos makes zero sense.
>>
>>25050665
>>25050694
No one's gonna use Static Zapdos in 6vs6 Singles. You can't have both Static and Defog on Zapdos.
>>
>>25050738
I guess they wanted to parallel it with Flame Body on Moltres
>>
>>25050749
Ok, for discussion's sake, what if you could have Defog on Static Zapdos? Which would be better then, Pressure or Static?
And what about Flame Body Moltres?
>>
>>25050723
Static could be niche for switching into physical attacks but then again zap has semi-awful bulk and little to no reliable recovery options, not to mention that some physical builds run ice punch so a bad prediction or no static activation could fuck your shit up family
>>
>>25050767
>zap has semi-awful bulk and little to no reliable recovery options
nigga what
zapdos has roost
and 85/90 is anything but semi-awful
>>
>>25050774
>anything but semi-awful
Not with the current-gen power creep
>zapdos has roost
Forgot about that for a second
>>
>>25050792
>Not with the current-gen power creep
are you stupid? zapdos literally has sets built for stall with its bulk. that's how good it is. "semi-awful" is anything but what anyone would use to describe its bulk
it's obvious at this point you have no idea what you're talking about, so just stop
>>
>>25050650
>shitty ability like pressure
t. elo shitter
Pressure is amazing on defensive Pokemon or wit a good defensive type and recovery like Zapdos.
Imagine Cresselia with Pressure or Suicune without Pressure, it really does the difference. And Zapdos does well in PP stalling Stone Edge or sipping Focus Blast and Close Combat PPs.
Static os very redundant and a legit alternative only on offensive spreads pr VGC. Considering how a normal Zapdos usually has Toxic or Thunder Wave / Discharge for status spreading purposes and defensive cores in balanced teams.

>>25050723
>>25050738
The Legendary Birds hodden abilities are related to their bodies and specifically physical contact or status whie the Legendary Beasts have their hidden abilities related to healing / absorbing / regeneration.
This theme is extended to the hidden abilities of their leaders / masters Lugia has Marvel Scale which is a physical and contact property of theor body, Ho-Oh has regenerative and healing properties under the Regenerator ability.
>>
>>25050801
>The Legendary Birds hodden abilities are related to their bodies and specifically physical contact or status whie the Legendary Beasts have their hidden abilities related to healing / absorbing / regeneration.
>This theme is extended to the hidden abilities of their leaders / masters Lugia has Marvel Scale which is a physical and contact property of theor body, Ho-Oh has regenerative and healing properties under the Regenerator ability.
makes sense tbhh

suicune with water absorb (and no pressure) is legit good though
>>
File: 1453193670956.jpg (6KB, 493x46px) Image search: [Google]
1453193670956.jpg
6KB, 493x46px
>>25050796
>it's obvious at this point you have no idea what you're talking about, so just stop
Been in the meta for a good chunk of the past 8 years, I know exactly what the fuck I'm talking about
I was defending lightningrod as a HA, and I am also okay with static having a niche. I mentioned probably 2 things I find exploitable, of which I admitted forgetting and subsequently being wrong about 1 and you lost your shit
wew fucking lad
>>
>>25050759
For Zapdos scenario with Defog + Static same as listed here: >>25050801
Whie.Moltres can perfectly run Flame Body since it doesn't have any relevant loss due to past event moves incompatibility with last gen released HAs.

Suicune, Entei and Heatran will definitely prefer their standard abilities since they are much better due to either their sets and defensive roles or event moves like Flare Blitz, also saddest and most retarded thing you won't be able to use Eruption Heatran (with its retarded locked Quiet Nature) this way. Seriously it's the [current year] and Heatran cannot naturally learn Eruption.
Raikou would only lose Aura Sphere and Weather Ball which were mostly okay options in Gen 5 meta and locked it into Rash Nature. Volt Absorb will be better on its choiced or full offensive sets, perhaps Pressure will still work on its Sub CM sets.
>>
>>25050837
>Been in the meta for a good chunk of the past 8 years, I know exactly what the fuck I'm talking about
so has literally everybody on this website
you even completely forgot roost which literally every zapdos set (lightningrod or not) has. you're either legit really fucking stupid or just have no idea what you're talking about
anyway, just stop
>>
>>25050837
You've been playing for 8 years but you don't know shit about the current meta?
>>
>>25050845
wait but water absorb suicune isn't good? i thought it was good to deal with opposite bulky water types
>>
>>25050801
>Static is redundant

Spreading status does not fill the same niche as eliminating low PP coverage moves
>>
>>25050852
>>25050853
Alright, I'll give you a hypothetical question and if you answer correctly, I'll leave the fucking thread alone
>Opponent switched into guts conkeldurr
>Has miltank and mega zard Y
>You have a curse-centered cradily set, bulky zapdos w/static as the active mon and mega gyarados running an offensive DD set
Taking into consideration that you don't know what set miltank is running and mega zard is running the most autistic drought abusing set on the meta, what's your prediction?
>>
>>25050905
why would anyone ever run miltank on OU, that shit is horrible
>>
>>25050857
Considering how bulky waters can't touch a CM Rest Talk set Water Absorb ia redundant and basically useless in singles. It will however be the best choice as ability in VGC to limit Rain Spam. Event Suicune has basically Air Slash as "okay" option even if Ice Beam is superior, so is CroCune. There are some rare CM + 3 attacks offensive spreads for Suicune that may abuse Water Abaorb too but Competitive Milotic gives it competition also Keldeo and Manaphy are still the best ones at hs job and Mega Slowbro is also a solid challenger for CM Rest Talk Suicune, in fact Pressure is what gives it am extra bonus beside its bulk. Water Absorb would be only able to stop cold other bulky water and even CroCune and monoattacker Mega Slowbro but usually gere are better and more useful switches for ge bulky water mons.

I think Pressure is the only good choice for Suicune in singles formats and Water Absorb is te best for doubles and triples.
>>
>>25050902
Yes, it does, both are dominant features of defensive / stall playstyles.
Unlike for Stunfisk Zapdos would rather pick either Toxic or an option to paralyze,Toxic as only status fits the Substitute set finely.

While in balanced and offensive playstyles Zapdos will most likely use Thunder Wave or Discharge since in this case speed control is required and 10BP difference between Thunderbolt and Discharge is acceptable. Also needs slots for Defog / Roost and Heat Wave / HP / Air Cutter. The only Zapdps role where Static would be ok bar offesive Defog due to incompatibility.
>>
File: yars revenge.webm (2MB, 640x420px) Image search: [Google]
yars revenge.webm
2MB, 640x420px
The problem with Flame Body and Static is that neither bird is weak to contact moves, so they can't punish their checks and counters with the abilities.

Meanwhile, Articuno would rather try to stall out moves with Pressure + Substitute + Roost.
>>
>>25050926
>Competitive Milotic gives it competition
lol u serious? competitive milotic is horrible in doubles.
i think water absorb an be quite good in UU singles tbqh. it virtualy stops other suicunes with pressure, plus all the other water types like swampert, sharpedo and feraligatr
>>
>>25050976
that last sentence is kinda fucked up, don't know where you were going with it
>>
>>25051001
zapdos is weak to ice punch, but it would rather just stall out with roost and sub
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.